LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 70 & Epilogue - 2/13/24)

As much as this is a great story, I'm glad it's over. It's not a happy ending by far, but the happiest possible considering the circumstances. And it's REALISTIC! 

To be honest, the later chapters from when Sarah was found out to her rescue by CPS were painful. Painful to watch Sarah accept her mom's indoctrination so easily and dig her own grave. Painful, because I grew up under the reign of a similarly narcissistic father figure, and even though the circumstances are completely different, the gist remains the same. Rules. Arbitrary, pointless rules. Purely meant for inflating personal self-esteem by exerting power on other, dependant, humans. And just like here, not enough physical abuse for the law to do anything about it, just yearslong emotional torment and manipulation. 

So yeah, like for @WBDaddythis hits different. 

Like "Diapers never Lie" it's a amazing story, and one of the most realistic, if not the most realistic diaper story I've ever read. 

I have to get "All my Girlfriend's Rules" ASAP, that's for sure!

35 minutes ago, flowerdaddy22 said:

As much as this is a great story, I'm glad it's over. It's not a happy ending by far, but the happiest possible considering the circumstances. And it's REALISTIC! 

To be honest, the later chapters from when Sarah was found out to her rescue by CPS were painful. Painful to watch Sarah accept her mom's indoctrination so easily and dig her own grave. Painful, because I grew up under the reign of a similarly narcissistic father figure, and even though the circumstances are completely different, the gist remains the same. Rules. Arbitrary, pointless rules. Purely meant for inflating personal self-esteem by exerting power on other, dependant, humans. And just like here, not enough physical abuse for the law to do anything about it, just yearslong emotional torment and manipulation. 

Like "Diapers never Lie" it's a amazing story, and one of the most realistic, if not the most realistic diaper story I've ever read. 

I agree completely. The story hit home for me on several levels and I'm glad to see how it all ended here for Sarah.

I just finished "All my Girlfriend's Rules" and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It was perfect closure for the characters.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, flowerdaddy22 said:

I just started re-reading AMMR from the beginning and it is amazing how terrible the mom is.   Fortunately I don't have first hand experience with narcissistic parents, but if you did- it's has to be a painful read.  The reality is while mom's abuse was both physical and emotional, there are true cases that are far worse.  

It is one thing to punish and shame a toddler for toilet accidents.  My assumption is that doesn't work.  The sad part is that Sarah's abuse was hidden, and the mom might not have got a felony if she pivoted after the failed big girl attempt.

• Like 1
On 2/14/2024 at 11:12 AM, spark said:

The good news is that we don't have to wait 4 years to get to the end of the story.

I'm hopeful that I won't ever take that long to write a story again. 

On 2/14/2024 at 12:10 PM, Little Sherri said:

@MinnesotaWriter,  this story, and Diapers Never Lie, were both very well written, with great character development, strong dialogue, and a narrative that did not lean heavily on the reader's ability to suspend disbelief. These were the first stories I followed end to end here - I hadn't paid much attention to the stories prior to this. I've since discovered some other talented writers, as well, so I owe you a thanks for opening my eyes up to the possibility that decent writing can be found within these genres. Your work inspired me to try my own hand at long-form fiction, a boulder I am pushing up a hill with some enjoyment (on occasion...). Thank you - a lot of effort, talent and time were employed for our entertainment, and we are richer for it. 

Thanks! And it is quite incredible how many really good writers there are for ABDL stories. 

And the nice thing about writing in the genre is there are a surprisingly large amount of people who read it.

23 hours ago, spark said:

I just finished All My Girlfriend's Rules.  I thought I would read it as my IFE on my flight to Hawaii, but I would read it the moment it was released.   I don't want to give away any spoilers, but it is really sweet.   It's the same cost as a cup of coffee at Starbucks.   I don't know how much MW can make from the book, but I'm sure it helps the man out.

Part of what I loved about this experience is how we got to experience this book together, and shared our thoughts.  I enjoyed the story, but a lot of the joy came from us sharing comments.   All of the comments and predictions, and based on what I read in AMGR, I think @MinnesotaWriter took comments into account on his editing..

I'm trying to remember how many times I felt the story was abandoned, and how that made me feel.   The hiatus after the bicycle trip to buy Pull-Ups was just mean and I thought it was abandoned.  You had another one, but I knew you would come back.  It was painful to wait, and we lost patience.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked AMGR. Certainly not quitting my day job anytime soon, but it's nice to earn a little extra on the side.

The biggest help with editing from the comments was seeing times/situations where something that I thought I had explained well wasn't quite being understood. Which let me know there were things that needed to be clarified or explained better in future chapters. That's one of the benefits of writing in a serial style. On the other hand, you can't go back to the beginning and change things easily if the ending is shaping up differently than expected.

Overall, the plot remained very stable since the addition of Lisa in chapter three. The ending was always going to be Sarah moving in with her after being rescued by CPS.

4 hours ago, flowerdaddy22 said:

Thanks! I really appreciate that. Like I've said before, that's not an environment I grew up around at all, so it is nice in a way to see that the story does match how narcissists behave in real life, even if that is obviously more difficult to read about at times.

4 hours ago, JustaFoxGirl said:

I agree completely. The story hit home for me on several levels and I'm glad to see how it all ended here for Sarah.

I just finished "All my Girlfriend's Rules" and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It was perfect closure for the characters.

Thanks! I wrote the ending for this and AMGR fairly close together. It helped tie in the themes from both of those stories.

3 hours ago, spark said:

I just started re-reading AMMR from the beginning and it is amazing how terrible the mom is.   Fortunately I don't have first hand experience with narcissistic parents, but if you did- it's has to be a painful read.  The reality is while mom's abuse was both physical and emotional, there are true cases that are far worse.  

It is one thing to punish and shame a toddler for toilet accidents.  My assumption is that doesn't work.  The sad part is that Sarah's abuse was hidden, and the mom might not have got a felony if she pivoted after the failed big girl attempt.

She is not a nice woman at all. I do think it is easier to notice how bad her behavior is when looking at the earlier chapters in light of what happened later.

And yes, shame is not effective at all in potty training or handling incontinence.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, JustaFoxGirl said:

It's surprising how many of us there are, I only knew about WBDaddy so far because I saw him mention it in a comment. I hope you're doing okay! 

I think you should do a story about Samantha and her relationship with her daddy before her break up with him. I see this story and Diapers Never Lie as intro stories to explain how Sarah and Lisa got to be where they are now in All My Girlfriends Rules. I saw you catered to the kink audience by putting in flashbacks from AMMR to explain Sarah's situation who may not like to read stories about minor characters. 

Sadly abusers do exist in the DDLG/ABDL community and they hide behind it. Some Littles are so desperate to live their fantasy, there are guys who will take advantage. This would be one dark ABDL story to read. But we all would know how it turns out if we have read AMGR. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, spark said:

Fortunately I don't have first hand experience with narcissistic parents, but if you did- it's has to be a painful read.  The reality is while mom's abuse was both physical and emotional, there are true cases that are far worse.  

It is one thing to punish and shame a toddler for toilet accidents.  My assumption is that doesn't work.  The sad part is that Sarah's abuse was hidden, and the mom might not have got a felony if she pivoted after the failed big girl attempt

Count yourself lucky. I wish I could already talk about it in past tense, the fallout is just about to get real. But yeah, I don't want to take myself too seriously here, there's a lot worse out there and anything actually physical is definitely up there, including what Sarah (and Lisa in DNL) suffered. 

That said, the mom going all out after Sarah's failed big girl day is very in character - after repeatedly getting proven wrong for a while, narcissists usually try to force their surroundings to affirm their delusional world view (mom's sudden decision to let Sarah wear panties) and if they get proven wrong again, they go full on destruction mode to punish those who "wronged" them, going far enough to become reckless as far as abiding actual laws goes. 

Which might in many cases be a salvation seeing as they can never really be held accountable for intangible emotional damages. Psychology is interesting NGL... 

I liked chapter 40 a lot. I don't think the epilogue was necessary. A paragraph of MC narrative talking about what she was getting ready to do that summer (forward in time enough to where she had that info) would have sufficed. 

Minor quibble for what was otherwise a really, really well-executed story. Good job. 

3 hours ago, flowerdaddy22 said:

It's surprising how many of us there are, I only knew about WBDaddy so far because I saw him mention it in a comment. I hope you're doing okay! 

I am doing better now, thank you!

On 2/15/2024 at 10:48 PM, MinnesotaWriter said:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked AMGR. Certainly not quitting my day job anytime soon, but it's nice to earn a little extra on the side.

The biggest help with editing from the comments was seeing times/situations where something that I thought I had explained well wasn't quite being understood. Which let me know there were things that needed to be clarified or explained better in future chapters. That's one of the benefits of writing in a serial style. On the other hand, you can't go back to the beginning and change things easily if the ending is shaping up differently than expected.

Overall, the plot remained very stable since the addition of Lisa in chapter three. The ending was always going to be Sarah moving in with her after being rescued by CPS.

I'm curious what your process and inspiration was when you started, and whether the voice of the character changed.   

I start my start story with the base scenario (a 15-year-old starts wetting her pants with her toddler sister struggling with potty training),  but I have to start writing to find the voice.    I used to post stories as serials, and find myself in a corner- and it's tough to return.  It sounds like you had the end in mind before you began posting this story.  If you're sick of accolades, tough- this story was so well-develop and a great read.

Something that I noticed last night.  This is not meant to condone Mom's behavior, but she got 10 years in prison for what she did to Sarah.  Lisa's mom assaulted and threatened to kill Lisa, and she nearly got Lisa back to put her in an institution and collect the money that was owed to Lisa.   It's like choosing between the least of two evils, but IMO, Lisa's mom is worse.   

13 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

I liked chapter 40 a lot. I don't think the epilogue was necessary. A paragraph of MC narrative talking about what she was getting ready to do that summer (forward in time enough to where she had that info) would have sufficed. 

Minor quibble for what was otherwise a really, really well-executed story. Good job. 

I disagree that the epilogue wasn't required, especially with how this story progressed in real life. 

Maybe if it was published as a novel and read over the course of a few days/weeks.   The readers experienced this story over the course of 4-years and we needed to get answers. Most of all, we needed to know what happened to mom.  It would not have been satisfying to wonder what Mom ended up getting after what she did to Sarah over the last 4 years of my life.

It's also not a tragedy, it's a redemption story.  It's about Sarah overcoming this horrific abuse and moving on, and we need to see that redemption.  Part of that was that initial meeting with her friend group.   The redemption is only partially complete at the end of AMMR.  Sarah is functioning as a HS student, but she still has demons that she needs to overcome.  The full arch that finishes with AMGR completes that redemption because Sarah is able to fully trust again.

On 2/16/2024 at 7:48 AM, MinnesotaWriter said:

Thanks! I really appreciate that. Like I've said before, that's not an environment I grew up around at all, so it is nice in a way to see that the story does match how narcissists behave in real life, even if that is obviously more difficult to read about at times.

You did great! I am wondering though, did you use any other story or movie with a narcissistic character as an example to base the mom on? This doesn't sound like it could have been deducted from a Wikipedia article... 

On 2/16/2024 at 7:07 PM, Nat said:

I think you should do a story about Samantha

I would have interest in doing a Samantha story at some point, provided I have a good idea for a plot, but I'm not sure what the best timeline would be to tell that story. 

On 2/16/2024 at 9:11 PM, WBDaddy said:

That's fair enough. It's hard to pick a spot to end, and I wanted to at least have some brief answers to a few plot things before it was wrapped up. Had to jump ahead enough to where all of the Mom's court stuff would at least be settled.

On 2/16/2024 at 7:15 PM, flowerdaddy22 said:

That said, the mom going all out after Sarah's failed big girl day is very in character - after repeatedly getting proven wrong for a while, narcissists usually try to force their surroundings to affirm their delusional world view (mom's sudden decision to let Sarah wear panties) and if they get proven wrong again, they go full on destruction mode to punish those who "wronged" them, going far enough to become reckless as far as abiding actual laws goes. 

Which might in many cases be a salvation seeing as they can never really be held accountable for intangible emotional damages. Psychology is interesting NGL... 

On 2/17/2024 at 6:28 PM, flowerdaddy22 said:

You did great! I am wondering though, did you use any other story or movie with a narcissistic character as an example to base the mom on? This doesn't sound like it could have been deducted from a Wikipedia article... 

Thanks, there wasn't any story in particular as a basis for her. There's a subreddit for kids of narcissists that I've stumbled across on occasion, but there weren't any scenarios/scenes taken from that. 

• Like 1

Found this story after reading your other in on Amazon. This kind of story isn't my usual cup of tea but the way you told it was amazing. 

I'm glad that Sarah was able to get out of that terrible situation. I'm really glad I read this story. 

• Like 1

I re-read AMMR from start to finish and I highly recommend doing that if you are one of the people who followed this story from the beginning.  As strange as it sounds, the story moves fairly quickly and there are parts of the story that seem like side plots at the time and were important to the development of the plot.   Claire was necessary for Sarah's and Lisa friendship to develop.  Lisa's character supposedly goes through a huge transformation from shy to assertive, but that part was always there.

I'm going to re-read AMGR to see what I missed the first time I read it (plus, I just like reading it).

The sad part is: now that I've read AMMR and AMGR twice, what can I read next that will keep my interest?