LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

USNS Comfort (TAH-20) to Deploy to New York Harbor

Hello Everyone:

I have heard that the USNS Comfort, (TAH-20) a Hospital Ship, is Deploying to New York Harbor, to assist in the Covid-19 Pandemic.  Usually, it takes 5 days to Ramp Up after being activated.

The USNS Mercy, (TAH-19), A Hospital Ship is deploying somewhere on the West Cost.  As Mercy is Stationed in the West, it will probably serve that coast, while Comfort assists on the East Cost.

Info Below:

Huge Navy Hospital Ship Heads for New York Harbor

Brian

• Like 1

These are amazing ships with a lot if technology and resources.  You Americans have the best toys.  We in Canada havent had a hospital ship or even a carrier sine the 1970s.  Those that need medical assistance will be in very good hands on the USNS Mercy and the USNS Comfort.

@Brudda Voodu

These are amazing ships with a lot if technology and resources.  You Americans have the best toys.  We in Canada haven't had a hospital ship or even a carrier sine the 1970s.  Those that need medical assistance will be in very good hands on the USNS Mercy and the USNS Comfort.

Yes, those ships are POWERFUL. not in weapons of war, but POWERFUL in that they have the best Non commissioned, civilian and military docs aboard.  I even learned that the ships are outfitted with the BIG RED PLUS (cross) to make sure people KNOW that the ships are hospital Ships: Firing on one of these is FORBIDDEN, however, Comfort and Mercy can defend themselves in the event of hostile contact.  I even leaned that Each Ship has its on Callsign: Mercy: NMER, Comfort: NCOM  (I am a GEEK and a PROUD family Member of many service Vets, so this is interesting to me:  My brother served aboard the Reliance, The Tahoma, and the Campbell,  (All Medium Endurance Cutters - and in the Coast Guard, All Cutters have the Prefix "W", followed by Designations "MEC" or "HEC" depending on the Cutter Class, and the HULL Number (908 for Tahoma, 615 for Reliance, and 909 for Campbell)       In 8+ years active and reserve duty for the Coast Guard - Now, he serves in Air Force Reverve - I am PROUD of him :)

I am GLAD that these resources are activated and will be on station soon:  We NEED the resources NOW - The President is doing what he can, but I fear it is NOT enough, and NOT fast enough.  Hopefully, we will GET what we need - Hopeful on this!

FUN FACTS:

The Barque Eagle, (WIX-327) and the USS Constitution (IX-21) are the ONLY 2 ships that are Sailing Vessels - The Barque Eagle, is the US Coast Guard's Training Vessel, stationed at the US Coast Guard Academy, New London, CT, while Constitution, Of course, is Homeported in Charlestown Navy Yard, Boson, MA - They have a Turn Around Cruise once or twice a year,, and they are beautiful to see in person or in action.  The  Constitution is STILL in active service, and has a Commander, an Executive Officer, and a Command Senior Chief assigned: 75 commanders for Old Ironsides - Pretty Cool :) 

Take Care.

Brian

Edited by baker7
Edit to add Original Poster's post
On 3/21/2020 at 5:47 AM, Permanently Pampered said:

They maybe well outfitted but after the Diamond Princess disaster asking civilians to go on another ship could be an issue. Many will need convincing.

I think the people going on the ship will have already contracted the virus. 

@SoggySoCal

I think I have heard that the Mercy would NOT be used to house people that are Positive for Covid-19 - Mercy and Comfort are there to augment Hospital capacity, and will be used to keep otherwise healthy individuals hospitalized, while land hospitals increase capacity for COVID-19 Cases.   Right Now, it seems that California and NYC and New York State NEED everything we have....NOW!

I Pray for Each person who serves during this crisis - may the be able to bring ALL their Medical/Surgical Skills to bear, as we fight this "invisible enemy"  I hope that people will continue to observe the restrictions placed on them, for the ONLY way to stop the spread of this thing is to STAY HOME and STAY SAFE!!

In God I Trust!

Brian

Hello All:

Mayor De Blasio has said that USNS Comfort will arrive in New York Harbor sometime tomorrow (Monday)  They had to put in for repairs, and the Army Corps of Engineers had to dredge the area, so that Comfort will be able to DOCK - Lets hope that Comfort and her Sister Ship Mercy will be able to help a lot of people - Looks like this is gonna get BIG, and I would hope that The Feds are ready to step in when needed - This is REALLY the time we need to stand as a Nation, and work TOGETHER to get this virus beat!

As they Say in the Coast Guard "Semper Paratus: Always Ready" 

May God grant ALL the medical professionals aboard the POWER/STRENGTH/WISDOM/KNOWLEDGE Courage, Justice and Compassion to do their best - I salute you all :)

Lets Get 'er Done :)

Brian