LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Adult Baby Play / Incontinence

Novel Coronavirus, and its related disease COVID-19 should not affect those who are medically and/or choose to be diaper dependent. Coronavirus is a, using current known information,  a virus that affects the back of the throat and the lung tissue. It is presumed to not be airborne, (personally I doubt), and only transmittable via contact. The virus can live on surfaces for 48-72 hours - i.e. if someone who has same, coughs, virus laden particles of water can land on surfaces up to 1 meter away from the person coughing.

There is NO KNOWN cure to this virus and NO KNOWN vaccine except the capability of ones own immune system.

How a Virus Enters A Body:

The main entry points of a virus to humans is via a cut in the skin, or via one of the unprotected holes in the body. These holes are the eyes / ears / nose / mouth / anus / penis / vagina. The eyes have some protection to infection in the fluid. The nose has a filtration system. The mouth has limited protection via saliva, which this specific virus has some defense to. Ones anus / vagina / penis uses the working sphincter muscles combined with allowing the exit of materials only. For members that have issues with working sphincter muscles, hygiene around these areas are very important.  

How it Behaves

Once this virus enters the body, it will lock onto the soft tissue in the throat and/or the lungs. It tends not to enter via the nose. It is presumed, at the moment,  that the virus is too large to pass the filtration system of the nose. As a result, the normal symptoms one experiences from cold / flu virus of headache / blocked nose / sinus issues are not a typical symptoms of COVID-19 disease. Once it attacks the throat, it will use its 'road map' (RNA) to invade ones cells and change these to be copies of itself. Ones immune system will attack these foreign cells. This causes the typical sore throat and dry cough associated with this disease. 

The second point of attack of this virus is the lung tissue. The virus will behave exactly the same, but due to the location, the associated flem (dead virus / cells from ones immune system attack) tends to collect in larger quantities. This tends to reduce ones ability to breath and also cause secondary issues.

How to Protect Oneself

As already identified, this virus is not presumed to be airborne, but that can change. It is exactly the same way one would protect oneself from all other virus' similar to the common cold / flu.

1. Wash hands.
  2. Hygiene - do not touch surfaces that others touch, AND wash hands often (before and after changing).
  3. Avoid touching ones face, eyes, nose with 'unclean' hands.
  4. Avoid, touching another (shaking hands / hugging / etc)
  5. Avoid large enclosed gathering of people - if possible, communicate / work online rather than person to person
  6. Increase the airflow within your place of home / work. - The larger the airflow, the lower the percentage of virus compared to air.
  7. Avoid then 'quick fix' cures to colds/ flu etc. All these do is dumb down the symptom and reduce your immune response. You will still need to 'kill' the virus if it attacks you. These 'quick fix' cures will allow the virus to attack and kill you.

In Relation to Adult Baby Play

As with all babies, good hygiene practice is required, and most of us can improve this. For the continued future of us on this earth, I strongly suggest that we place hygiene first in all we do. This does not mean that we cannot enjoy wet and/or messy diapers, it does mean that when we are finished playing, we pay particular attention in the clean-up. To those people who have to employ voiding procedures due to physical / mental issues, that more attention is taken with clean-up by both yourselves and/or your care assistants.

To all, if you feel you have any cold / flu / sore throat / fever / high temperature  etc, that you contact (via phone/email) your relevant health care professional and get the advise / health check for Novel Coronavirus AND also self isolate.

Together we can defeat this.... and I wish all here, good health and good luck. 

EDIT ADDITION IN RELATION TO MASKS ETC:

Some have stated incorrectly that a face mask can protect one from the infection. This is INCORRECT. Novel Coronavirus is in multiple variants between 0.3 microns and 0.5 microns in size. Even the best face mask in the world has holes in it of 1 micron in size and larger. As a result, the virus can pass any filtration mask. Ones nose filtration system stops particles of 0.1 micron and some smaller. The only mask that can protect from this is a non rebreather.

The best way is to avoid letting the virus into the body - ie hand washing. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IisgnbMfKvI

Edited by babykeiff
  • Thanks 2

The difference between airborne and droplet is that airborne typically has infected spores that fly through the air, like tuberculosis. Droplet is similar to influenza, meaning if someone coughs in your direction, or sneezes (which travel at 200+mph), these droplets can get on you, including your nose, mouth, and eyes, which can give a vector for the virus to get in. I don't want to tell you this to be scared, but just avoiding contact and not touching people is not enough. Don't go to big gatherings, avoid public places as much as possible, and wash your hands over and over to prevent any contaminants that got on your hands from ending up in you mucous membranes. 

This is interesting. The medical experts I have listened to have said this disease is transfered through breathing. Hand washing will not prevent Covid19. 

Handwashing is good hygein and will prevent spread of many diseases but not Covid 19.

There is nothing to fear except fear itself.

Bruuda, I don't know which "experts" you're listening to, but that none that I have seen states EITHER of your theses:   that the Corona virus is airborne nor that washing hands is ineffectual.

The current research shows it to be transmitted by droplets (aerosolized as it is) and can persist on surfaces and YOUR SKIN.    So in addition to breathing in the stuff someone else coughed or sneezed out, it will also land on your hands and things your hands touch and most people will bring their hands to their mouths at some point so WASHING helps.

And COVID-19 is the disease that ensues from having the virus in your body, not the virus itself.   The name of the virus is SarS-Cov-2

16 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Bruuda, I don't know which "experts" you're listening to, but that none that I have seen states EITHER of your theses:   that the Corona virus is airborne nor that washing hands is ineffectual.

The current research shows it to be transmitted by droplets (aerosolized as it is) and can persist on surfaces and YOUR SKIN.    So in addition to breathing in the stuff someone else coughed or sneezed out, it will also land on your hands and things your hands touch and most people will bring their hands to their mouths at some point so WASHING helps.

And COVID-19 is the disease that ensues from having the virus in your body, not the virus itself.   The name of the virus is SarS-Cov-2

Can you please provide a reference to your information?

I got my info from Michael Osterholme an infectious disease expert.

Well, you can start with the CDC.

Osterholme isn't a scientist.  He's a policy wonk.   Further, his organization (CIDRAP) doesn't say what you're claim and further, it's their recent "synopsis' of research is full of early guesses and weasel words.    A lot of it dates from early analyses that were invalidated.

26 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Well, you can start with the CDC.

Osterholme isn't a scientist.  He's a policy wonk.   Further, his organization (CIDRAP) doesn't say what you're claim and further, it's their recent "synopsis' of research is full of early guesses and weasel words.    A lot of it dates from early analyses that were invalidated.

Thanks for not answering my question.  I'm just trying to find out where you got your info from. I dont know you from a hole in the wall. Are you a Dr? A Nurse? A health researcher?  I am not going to take the health advice of a random person on a fetish site.  Im just asking for your bibliography.

And I told you, but you chose to obstinately ignore me.   The CDC, specifically the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Disease:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html

I didn't tell you to take advice from me, but  I'm not going to allow you to mislead others with your incorrect notions either.    Even your supposed expert didn't say what you claim (or at least he's not anymore).

• Like 1

People without an argument make person attacks on character.  All I'm asking for is information.  I stated that I heard something different, I provided a reference.  I never stated anything as other than my opinion.  And I stated who I obtained it from.

Wash your hands or don't most of us are going to get it and the panic I'm seeing from people all over, trying to control anything they can, is going to be more dangerous than the virus itself.

Here is a write up on Osterholme.  

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/about-us/cidrap-staff/michael-t-osterholm-phd-mph

Ill quote his honors and accolades.  I don't see "policy wonk" anywhere.

Dr. Osterholm is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota.

Dr. Osterholm has received numerous honors for his work, including an honorary doctorate from Luther College; the Pump Handle Award, CSTE; the Charles C. Shepard Science Award, CDC; the Harvey W. Wiley Medal, FDA; the Squibb Award, IDSA; Distinguished University Teaching Professor, Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, UMN; and the Wade Hampton Frost Leadership Award, American Public Health Association. He also has been the recipient of six major research awards from the NIH and the CDC.

If you want to listen to the same interview that I did and form your own opinion. This is where I heard him.

There are a lot of scenarios where most people do get this virus but that shouldn't mean you justlet it happen. Firstly, even if you are reasonably safe if you catch it there are millions who aren't and you really have a duty to try to make sure you aren't a vector for transmitting the disease to those who might not be able to fight it off. Secondly, a lot of places have given up containment for delay. This means they have accepted they can't contain it but the longer they can spread out infection the less strain on infrastructure, economy and everything else there will be.

Washing hands, self-isolating and everything else can at least delay spread and help wherever you live cope with what is happening.

• Like 1

Again, nothing in that video supports the assertion you are making.    I retract my statements disparaging Osterhome.   I disparage your dangerous misinterpretation of his statements

The virus is NOT airborne.   Airborne with respect to transmission has a specific meaning.    Osterhome doesn't say it is.

Further, while he's talking about hand sanitizers, he downplays the hand-to-mouth transferal, he doesn't rule it out and he specifically says the OPPOSITE of your assertion.

People,

I wrote this and supplied this factual and verifiable information (CDC / WHO / NHS / HSE ) to inform members here about the danger and the current known protection methodologies being used to assist in the prevention of the transmission of all variations of Alphacoronavirus, Betacoronavirus, Gammacoronavirus, and Deltacoronavirus.

There are multiple names based on the believed root of this and more are being created...

• SARS CoV-2
  • MERS CoV
  • COVID-19

The actual name is unimportant.

The transmission of this virus is, and how to prevent same is critical in ensuring we all survive.

From a medical perspective, which is one of the reasons self and country isolation is being practiced, if one is infected with one strain, the average immune system can handle it. However, if you are infected with multiple strains at the same time, the extra work on the average immune system can be too much for it to handle. This means death since there is NO cure and NO vaccine. It will take approx. 2 years before a vaccine will be available. Even if a vaccine is created, this virus will mutate long before which makes the vaccine useless. The only known way to protect the people of the world is to attempt to prevent the spread of the virus. Most of us will become immune to this and this virus should die.

Yes I am aware that a virus is not alive in the fact that it can't reproduce on its own, therefore cannot live / die.

Facts

• There is NO CURE
  • There is NO VACCINE
  • It will take approx. 2 years before a vaccine will be available. Even if a vaccine is created, this virus will mutate long before which makes the vaccine useless.
  • Most of the population of the world over the next 12 months to 3 years will contract a strain of this.
  • Most of the population of the world will have the immune response to recover to one of the strains. There are certain exceptions to that - those with compromised immune systems, compromised lung function etc.
  • More than one strain exists across the world.
  • This is transmitted via virus laden droplets- i.e when someone coughs / sneezes up to 2 meters away from the source.
  • If one's mouth is open, these droplets can land in ones mouth.
  • These droplets can enter the body via the eye and/or nose.
  • There is enough energy for the virus to live for 3 days in these droplets wherever they land. This means, that you can touch a hard surface where someone's droplets have landed in the last three days and the virus is now on your hands. This can easily be transferred to your face / mouth / nose / eyes.
  • The symptoms are similar to the common cold / flu but can be more fatal.

There are thousands of websites / social media posts / youtube etc that exists to make money for the poster at the cost of your life and information. Most of it is junk / sensationalism and lies - even that from so called 'experts' / doctors. I've even heard lies from president Donald Trump re this. 

The truth is that most profesional medical people don't know enough about this virus to comment. Again, my information is from worldwide health information - CDC / WHO / NHS / HSE

The only known way today to reduce the spread of this virus (no matter what you call it) is correct hand and wrist washing. I personally apologize for the error and misinformation in the hand washing video I linked to in the previous post - the actor is wearing jewelery and does not wash the wrist. Both are incorrect, but the main part of that video is correct.

Stay safe and stay alive.

22 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

There are thousands of websites / social media posts / youtube etc that exists to make money for the poster at the cost of your life and information. Most of it is junk / sensationalism and lies - even that from so called 'experts' / doctors. 

So how can we trust what you are saying?  Personally I don't care if you trust what I am saying or the link I provided.  

I know perfectly well, that this is all "Mommy's hugs and kiss' for boo-boo's".  The truth is, your going to get it. If you havent been taking care of yourself with diet and exercise ect... and you are over 40, you might have some issues.

The major problem for my country is the healthcare system is massively strained on a good day.  This problem is going to make it 10x worse.  Panicked human beings create more disaster than plague or famine combined.  

You can self isolate and wash your hands until your skin falls off, but when you re-enter the world, it's still going to be there.  Running and hiding like chicken little, will cause economic collapse and major instability.  And with the new regulations about group size, people wont legally be able to protest anything anymore.

As the government and world government organizations increase your fear, they tighten their steely grip around your life.  I have seen African's deal with the threat of ebola or malaria with more courage and grace than anyone in the western world so far.  

We ALL will get it.

Some of us will survive and become immune to it.

Mathematically, the people that will become immune are the ones who only get one strain. They have the higher chance of surviving this.

Changing ones diet today will weaken your immune response while your body adjusts to the new diet. During this time, this can KILL you.

No medical professional in the world can help you if/when you get it since there is NO CURE except ones own immune system.

All the panic response in the world will not help.

If you do not believe me, check CDC / WHO etc... and do basic research on what a virus is, how it attacks its host and the response time of a host. Remember, YOU ARE THE HOST.... and if your immune system is anyway weaker than it should be... you are in an uphill battle for your own survival. It does not matter how much money you have, what you are eating, or where you live etc.... the only thing that matters is

IS YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM STRONG ENOUGH TO FIGHT THIS....

If so, you have a chance of winning this battle, if not, go make peace with whomever.... as at that stage death is around the corner.

37 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Again, nothing in that video supports the assertion you are making.    I retract my statements disparaging Osterhome.   I disparage your dangerous misinterpretation of his statements

The virus is NOT airborne.   Airborne with respect to transmission has a specific meaning.    Osterhome doesn't say it is.

Further, while he's talking about hand sanitizers, he downplays the hand-to-mouth transferal, he doesn't rule it out and he specifically says the OPPOSITE of your assertion.

Disparage all you like. I am a free person in a free country and Ill live how I like and state my opinion when I feel like it.  I respect your right to do the same, even if I dont agree with you, and I don't.

27 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

We ALL will get it.

Some of us will survive and become immune to it.

Mathematically, the people that will become immune are the ones who only get one strain. They have the higher chance of surviving this.

Changing ones diet today will weaken your immune response while your body adjusts to the new diet. During this time, this can KILL you.

No medical professional in the world can help you if/when you get it since there is NO CURE except ones own immune system.

All the panic response in the world will not help.

If you do not believe me, check CDC / WHO etc... and do basic research on what a virus is, how it attacks its host and the response time of a host. Remember, YOU ARE THE HOST.... and if your immune system is anyway weaker than it should be... you are in an uphill battle for your own survival. It does not matter how much money you have, what you are eating, or where you live etc.... the only thing that matters is

IS YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM STRONG ENOUGH TO FIGHT THIS....

If so, you have a chance of winning this battle, if not, go make peace with whomever.... as at that stage death is around the corner.

Very well said.  At present time data (https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30195-X/fulltext) shows that the mortality rate in china was 3.6%. I believe this will fluctuate based on the countries cultural practices of  social gatherings, physical activity, and diet, and biggest factor of all is the health care system.

I think most countries in the first world could expect similar mortality rates.  It's scary yes, but it's not the end of the world and it's never a bad time to slowly change your diet and increase physical activity.  You dont have to think and live in such extremes.  Baby steps to positive health are best.  

5 hours ago, Brudda Voodu said:

This is interesting. The medical experts I have listened to have said this disease is transfered through breathing. Hand washing will not prevent Covid19. 

Handwashing is good hygein and will prevent spread of many diseases but not Covid 19.

There is nothing to fear except fear itself.

5 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I should have provided the links in my original post instead of stating my opinion in that manner.  It was bad posting etiquette and Ill own up to it. I get your hostility towards me and my opinion.  I still stand by everything I have written.

54 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Now BabyKieff you're spouting drivel about the immune system and diet.

LET'S STICK TO FACTS.

The facts are that it takes time for the body to react to a change of diet... it is NOT instant. - growth of certain good bacteria, removal of bad bacteria (in simple terms, the process is a little more complex and more involved)

The facts are that the behavior of a virus can easily overwhelm a weakened immune system.

The facts are that it takes up to fourteen days for symptoms (the immune system responding) to appear.

The facts are that an overactive / overloaded immune system will fill up part of the human lungs.

The facts are that one needs ones lungs in order to breath.

The facts are when ones lungs are reduced, the rest of the organs start shutting down to protect the brain.

The facts are that hand washing will reduce the speed of transmission of this virus and its variants. 

Are you disputing ANY of these facts?

How This Virus' and most Virus' Works

1. This virus locks on to the cell wall in the human body.
  2. The virus RNA penetrates the cell, hijacks it and the human cell reproduction methodology creates copies of the virus inside the cell.
  3. When the number of the virus exists within the cell is too much for the available space in the cell, the cell walls break and spill out the multiple copies of the virus.
  4. At this stage, the immune system detects a fault - cell wall break - and ramps up to full speed to attack and kill the invader.
  5. Since the immune system is in full force, ones body temperature increases.
  6. Coughing starts to attempt to remove the dead virus, immune cells and broken cells. This causes air to exit the body at speeds of 80 - 150mph. This can spread the virus in droplets up to 2 meters away from the body.
  7. Bones begin to become sore due to the production of white blood cells needed to feed the immune response.
  8. One becomes tired due to the excess energy being expelled to fuel the immune system.
  9. Breathing can become difficult due to the build up of dead virus, immune cells and broken cells in the lungs.
  10. Heart rate increases due to the reduced capability of the lungs to transfer oxygen.
  11. Organs start reducing function due to the lack of oxygen.

Please note, that the process of ones immune system does not kick in (step 4) until the damage has been done to the cells. If the immune system can handle the quantity of virus' in the lungs, the lungs can recover and the process reverses at step 8 / 9 / 10.

If one is in recovery, from step 8 the following occurs:-

1. Lung tissue cells duplicate ard repair some of the damage.
  2. Immune system remembers how to identify and kill this virus and goes back into standby
  3. Rest of body, via cell duplication, self repairs.

Since a virus uses the hosts cells for reproduction, there can never be a cure. A bacterial infection can be cured by stopping one or more steps in its process of reproduction. That cannot be done with a virus as it hijacks the hosts cells and uses the hosts cells duplication process for its own needs. The only cure for a virus is within the hosts own immune system.

6 hours ago, Brudda Voodu said:

Very well said.  At present time data shows that the mortality rate in china was 3.6%. I believe this will fluctuate based on the countries cultural practices of  social gatherings, physical activity, and diet, and biggest factor of all is the health care system.

I think most countries in the first world could expect similar mortality rates.  It's scary yes, but it's not the end of the world and it's never a bad time to slowly change your diet and increase physical activity.  You dont have to think and live in such extremes.

The health care system cannot really do much with a virus. As I stated, it doesn't matter how much money you have, nor where in the world you live.... this is a virus that has killed before and will kill again.

Lets look at it this way.... you are one of a billion people at a stadium. There is a person outside with a high powered rifle and a single bullet. The bullet will kill one person. Your chance of getting shot here is 1 in a billion. Your free choice - attend that stadium in the first place OR stay home?

This virus, as from worldwide figures today, has infected 10-20% of the affected countries, and these numbers are rising. 3%-5% have died. These odds are 3 out of 100, which is the ratio of 30 million in 1 billion. This ratio has to change when we consider this virus and all its strains. There are multiple names and strains of the root Coronavirideae, and the subfamily orthocoronavirinae.

I really don't care which version you get... and believe me or not, YOU WILL GET IT. If you get only one version, AND your immune system is strong enough, you have a chance of survival. The more different strains of the virus you get at a time, the less your chance of survival is.

Worldwide mortality figures are 3%. That is, with a world population of 8 billion, 240 million people will die from this - using current figures. These are estimated to double / treble based on peoples actions / in-actions to figures close to 1 billion. These are FACTS. We can slow down the spread of this virus with isolation and hygiene.

Again, I really don't care whether you accept / believe my advice / information or not. I can afford to be wrong... and be alive, happy, embarrased and apologetic. I will gladly, cause I am alive, play my part in rebuilding the financially dead world.

You cannot afford to be wrong... as if you are wrong, you are dead. Hearses do not toe U-haul. You cannot take your wealth with you. Coffins do not have safes installed. The Egyptians tried to bring their wealth with them... and failed.

Life is to be enjoyed and not about the acquisition of assets / wealth. How many capitalists have died thinking that they needed to do X before a certain time.

YOUR FREE CHOICE!!! - wash your hands or not.

ADDITION / EDIT:

As of from 10.00hrs C.E.T., 13 March 2020, the worldwide figures are:- 

132,758 confirmed cases with 4955 deaths. That works out at as a 3.7323% mortality rate. That means 298.588 million people worldwide will die from this using these percentage and figures.

Source Data: World Health Organization Situation Report

Edited by babykeiff
5 hours ago, babykeiff said:

You cannot afford to be wrong... as if you are wrong, you are dead.

You need to calm down.  The sky isn't falling.  

5 hours ago, babykeiff said:

That means 298.588 million people worldwide will die from this using these percentage and figures.

Even that many people dead, would hardly dent the world population and the vast majority of those numbers are going to be the elderly and the sick.

45 minutes ago, Brudda Voodu said:

You need to calm down.  The sky isn't falling.  

Even that many people dead, would hardly dent the world population and the vast majority of those numbers are going to be the elderly and the sick.

the vast majority of those numbers are going to be the elderly and the sick

WHO have been making records public since 21 January, 2020. Within the first week, 12 health care (nurses / doctors etc) workers died from the infection. Do you think that these people do not practice good hygiene? Do you think that these people are within the  elderly and/or sick demographic? Do you think that these people thought they knew how to protect themselves?

What makes you so much better?

The fact is that these 12 health care workers were fully healthy, fit, and young. They were exposed to multiple strains at the same time which overloaded their immune system... and they lost the battle of survival. This key information is what I have been telling you, what most decent people worldwide have been saying... and you do not want to listen - 'cause you are correct, and you know better.

You do what you want... you don't seem to be able to take simple advise, know the difference between virus and a bacteria. Your so called expert Osterholme has experience with bacteria and infectious diseases... NOT VIRUS'

NOBODY has experience with this specific virus. The time line is 21st January to date, that is 52 days.... and the virus has grown from 282 cases and 6 deaths in China to 132,758 cases and 4,955 deaths in every country in the world. These figures are doubling per 24 hours. No other virus / disease in the history of humans has ever moved this fast!

USA only has 330.427 million people. 298 million is a lot of dead Americans... but don't worry - they went to work, kept the economy profitable for the rest of the world. All hail U.S.A.!!!

The reason for all these precautions is not necessary to stop the virus, but to slow down the spread so everyone don't get sick at same time, cause that will be catastrophic

12 hours ago, babykeiff said:

the vast majority of those numbers are going to be the elderly and the sick

WHO have been making records public since 21 January, 2020. Within the first week, 12 health care (nurses / doctors etc) workers died from the infection. Do you think that these people do not practice good hygiene? Do you think that these people are within the  elderly and/or sick demographic? Do you think that these people thought they knew how to protect themselves?

What makes you so much better?

The fact is that these 12 health care workers were fully healthy, fit, and young. They were exposed to multiple strains at the same time which overloaded their immune system... and they lost the battle of survival. This key information is what I have been telling you, what most decent people worldwide have been saying... and you do not want to listen - 'cause you are correct, and you know better.

You do what you want... you don't seem to be able to take simple advise, know the difference between virus and a bacteria. Your so called expert Osterholme has experience with bacteria and infectious diseases... NOT VIRUS'

NOBODY has experience with this specific virus. The time line is 21st January to date, that is 52 days.... and the virus has grown from 282 cases and 6 deaths in China to 132,758 cases and 4,955 deaths in every country in the world. These figures are doubling per 24 hours. No other virus / disease in the history of humans has ever moved this fast!

USA only has 330.427 million people. 298 million is a lot of dead Americans... but don't worry - they went to work, kept the economy profitable for the rest of the world. All hail U.S.A.!!!

You are full of fear and panic.  Is this how you deal with emergencies?  The difference between you and me, is that Im not afraid.  Ive seen death, Ive seen famine and war.  I watched Misrata burn.  I still remember the smell.  I remember the fear in the eyes of the people in Libya.  I know perfectly well how to behave in a crisis.  I know perfectly well that me and my family will come out on top.  I also know that an economic recession is the best opportunity for personal investment.  

I can sense your panic and fear from the screen.  Your adrenal glands are going hard and that will weaken your immune system and your emotional overload will cause you to make poor decisions in crisis situations.

Instead of trying to spread your panic here, why dont you prepare some rations for your household and get your emotions in check?  Maybe do a few pushups and take some vitamins.

298 million Americans are not going to die. Try some breathing exercises.

Its not about avoiding hard times, hard times will come guaranteed. Its about how you deal with hard times.  If your attitude is death, and woe is me, you already lost and you are a scared animal making panic and fear spread faster than any virus.  

Anyway have fun being Chicken Little.  When the smoke clears Ill still be here and so will my family.  Why you ask? Because Im a survivor and Ill outlast cockroaches.  The fight hasnt even started yet and in your mind you have already lost.

To share a quote from Jesse Lee Peterson.  BETA!!!

Try this on for size, hand washing wont save you, hiding wont save you. if you have been taking your body and health for granted, start to improve it.  Attitude is everything, ask any cancer survivor.

Before I abandon this silly thread Ill leave you another quote. From the hollywood movie Braveheart.

Everyman dies, not every man truly lives.

2 hours ago, Brudda Voodu said:

Brudda Voodu, the amount of arrogance, ignorance, self-contradiction and just general lack of thought you display, not only in this thread but in general, is just amazing.

It's general knowledge that's supported by tons of evidence, scientific research and centuries of experience that personal hygiene such as washing hands prevents diseases. Nobody is saying it will remove 100% of germs, specifically coronaviruses, from your hands. Nothing short of dumping them in acid will, really. What it does is it reduces the amount of pathogens on your hands that then may get inside your body - and a body of a person with a normally functioning immune system can take care of the rest. What you don't want to do is hit it with a wide array of different pathogens at once. That's what gets you. And if not you, maybe someone around you that you may infect by becoming an asymptomatic vector.

The fail logic of not bothering to wash hands properly because you may contract COVID-19 (or anything that spreads with contact) anyway, is as stupid as the logic of someone who doesn't wear a condom when having casual sex with a stranger, becauese hey - condoms aren't 100% safe, they might break. That's not an argument for not being careful, genius.

On 3/13/2020 at 1:39 PM, Brudda Voodu said:

People without an argument make person attacks on character. 

You say that, and then you go calling people "chicken little", and accuse them of panic and fear when you don't even know them.
Seriously?

You are full of fear and panic. 

I don't see any panic, I see precaution, that's two different things. Maybe you're desensitized, based on you saying you've seen worse.

Ok. That doesn't make the COVID-19 situation good, unimportant or to be taken lightly. Look up fallacy of relative privation, also known as 'not as bad as' fallacy.

There are hunderds of thousands of people infected, thousands have died and many more will be infected and will die. European states are now forced to take strict measures to slow the spread that will cost many people their livelyhood. 90% of the cases of COVID-19 in my country are people or infected relatives of people who went skiing to Italy despite being warned and well aware of the risk. They were just like you, thinking like "pfft, some coronavirus, I'll be fine, can't be bothered really...."

Well, now they're not fine, their relatives are not fine, the hundreds of people they met may not be fine, the people's businesses that will take a hit, because of the measures we have to take in order not to tank the overall economy and overwhelm our healthcare with hundreds of thousands of sick people at the same time, may not be fine. All because of people who just couldn't be fucked to cancel their trip to Alps and lose a few bucks?

Fucking great.

21 hours ago, Brudda Voodu said:

The major problem for my country is the healthcare system is massively strained on a good day. 

I hope you'll remember that when you go to vote again.

298 million Americans are not going to die.

Nobody said they are. This number is just a hypothetical calculation based on the current lethality rate of COVID-19 and scenario when everyone in the world is infected while we don't have a vaccine, and compared to the population of the USA.

It may not matter to you that 300 million people might die, since it appears you lack empathy, but there are other people in the world, you know, and it will matter to them.

Everyman dies, not every man truly lives.

Sure, you do you, it's your life ... have that engraved on your headstone if you live by that motto.
But remember, unless you live in a bubble, your behavior has impact on other people, and you have no right to put their life and health at risk with your recklessness.

I'm not worried of dying of COVID-19 myself. But guess what, I have a 83-year old grandma who is much more vulnerable than I am. I know she'll die eventually. Everyone does. That's not an arguement for me helping that to happen sooner than it needs to happen, by not being careful and contracting a disease that I'll survive, but she might not. 

I ride a motorcycle. I know there's a high chance I'll crash. I already have because of another reckless driver. That doesn't mean I forgo all safety and just go YOLO every time I ride.