LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Show us your stents

Hey everyone just looking to get our successful stent users guides and pics of stents they’ve made at home.  Frequent cath user here looking to move into stents and was hoping to get some simple guidance. Cheers everyone. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well boys after doing some actual homework and perusing through the other stent related topics I finally figured out how to make my own. Used a 16fr foley cath modified using some scissors and a heat gun with some fishing line tied to a rubber o ring.  Its in right now and I cant tell you how strangely excited that makes me.  The only issue was that it did manage to irritate my urethra a bit while i was getting it in place, but aside from that it seems to be working like a charm.  When it comes time to take it out in a few days or so than Ill post some pics of the thing here for anyone else who might or might not be curious.  Thanks to all you crazy stent makin bastards for pavin the way lol.

I finally found a design that works pretty well for me, longest I had it in was 3 weeks, and only took it out for a family camping trip.

it is a 12fr intermittent cath, very soft design, cut to 5 inches or so.

i use a belt punch to create a second hole adjacent to the lower cath hole, thread a silicone ring through it using a crochet hook, and clip about 30 mm of hollow q-tip, push it in between the ring so it locks it in place.

the tip is a screw cover, modified with a heat gun so it is narrower and shorter.  The key is eliminating rough parts and ensuring smoothness.  8 lb fishing line sewed into the tip of the cath, and the screw cover tip slid over that and fitted onto the end of the cath.

A larger silicone ring at the distal end of the fishing line that fits around the penis, and that’s it.

Very comfortable, and completely incontinent and diaper dependent. Can ejaculate with it in place with no worries.  Have used this design for almost a year on and off.

This is the one I make and use. Very simple, takes some time to make since the silicone has to dry but it is very smooth and gentle. I hardly notice the stent when in place and it does the job perfectly. It does have a downside. Every so now and then it tends to migrate into the bladder, not often but it does happen on rare occasions and only at night. If it happens it is no big issue it is easily retrieved with the retrieval line, never failed me but I hate it if it happens for it is not what I want and I absolutely hate the feeling of a full bladder.

IMG_1329.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Intrigued from the many ideas and pictures here I came up with an idea for a stent design.

Using a 20 fr. diameter Foley cat., I cut off 12cm of the side with the bulb, blow up the bulb
and seal the air duct with glue. For to pull out the stent I am using a fishing line.

I thought the tricky part was to blow up the bulp. This is not the case.
Here I am using a syringe that that is filled up with a tiny bit of regular glue like UHU or Patex.

The syringe can be put onto the opening of the air duct and the glue be put into the channel.
It is not easy. If you try a bit before without glue this helps to find the best position for an
airproof seal.
While testing you can also check how much air you additionally want to push into the channel
and bulp. The bulp can be easily blown up to a 10mm diameter.
The glue that is bushed into the duct seals the chanel quite quick.

Now there is the next part for connecting the fishing line to the stent.
I am not too happy with my solution, because the different knots were hanging out the catheter
tube. This is not too comfortable when inserting the short device. I have an idea about it and
try a different wiring as soon as I am in the mood.

The edges of the catheter cut are sanded. This I did before the blowing up of the bulp.
Next is a pic.
For me the 12cm length this was very comfortable and exciting while wearing.
The insertion of the 10mm bulp is a bit tricky with just the 12cm at hand.
For this I will try a longer stent next time. Maybe 15cm.

Cheers

stent.jpg

fishing line wiring.png

• Like 3

Knots in fishing lines tend to slip. That would worry me. All of my attempts have used fishing line going into the stent and out again being knotted at the far end, usually onto a suitable O ring.

Princes, I agree with Old_PA on the knots in nylon fishing string. However you can purchase a braided line in the fishing department with a 10LB test. The line is very thin and will hold a knot well. I use a sewing needle with this line to sew the line in to my stents. One other thing you may want to look in to is a screw protector or cap available at the Lowes or Depot https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-4-Pack-0-25-x-0-5-White-Plastic-Screw-Protectors/3012672. 

The caps are available is few different sizes. Using a leather punch I punch a hole in the end of the cap. After making my knots the cap covers the catheter end nicely and hides any knots. The cap also provide a nice smooth end.

I don't want to rain on your parade but remember hospitals are not the place to be visiting now a days so play safe

• Like 2

This is a picture of another stent I make and use. It is also quite easy to make takes about 45 min to make one. It is not as smooth and gentle as the other one I posted but on the up-side this one doesn’t migrate at all, and that is a plus in its own right. The other one I posted had a tendency migrate inward from time to time especially at night, and since I like to wake up in a wet diaper migration ruined the fun. So between the two stents it is more or less a balancing act do I choose the soft and gentleness of the first one or the stability of the second one, I haven’t decided yet. They both get the job done that is certain.

@pprinces I have been wondering how do you keep your stent from migrating? Just so I can learn

IMG_2331.JPG

@Old_PA I live in the Netherlands I buy them at a hardware store but you can find them on line as well. These are made out of silicon nothing special really. The ones I use measure 19 x 1.78 metric. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 8:16 PM, dlnoir said:

This is a picture of another stent I make and use. It is also quite easy to make takes about 45 min to make one. It is not as smooth and gentle as the other one I posted but on the up-side this one doesn’t migrate at all, and that is a plus in its own right. The other one I posted had a tendency migrate inward from time to time especially at night, and since I like to wake up in a wet diaper migration ruined the fun. So between the two stents it is more or less a balancing act do I choose the soft and gentleness of the first one or the stability of the second one, I haven’t decided yet. They both get the job done that is certain.

@pprinces I have been wondering how do you keep your stent from migrating? Just so I can learn

IMG_2331.JPG

Hi dlnoir,

this is quite easy. The small litte blow up bulp is enough to keep the stent inside the bladder.
Actually it is not so small. I guess it was 12mm in diameter.

Greets to the Netherlands
pp

• 3 weeks later...

This is a 20 fr Cath I cut to 5.5 inches and filled with sterile water to around 26-28 fr and plugged with nylon I booked the whole thing and keep in alcohol for ~20 min b4 use this is finally a comfortable size for me gonna go with a 2 weeks experiment to see how I like true incontinence and the feeling of the stent wish me luck b5f027ad7a92908b12da4689a5ce6117.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
15 hours ago, PipersLife said:

This is a 20 fr Cath I cut to 5.5 inches and filled with sterile water to around 26-28 fr and plugged with nylon I booked the whole thing and keep in alcohol for ~20 min b4 use this is finally a comfortable size for me gonna go with a 2 weeks experiment to see how I like true incontinence and the feeling of the stent wish me luck b5f027ad7a92908b12da4689a5ce6117.jpg

Any migrations issues with that design?

Any migrations issues with that design?
Non so far other then outward during BM's and a simple squeeze on the base reset it I have been slowly sizing the bulb up and using 28-33fr sounds to stretch the tip of my penis so I can make the bulb larger to prevent this

• 1 month later...

Here is mine.  it is a soft 12fr catheter, cut to length, with a silicone o-ring bladder anchor and silicone o-ring outside anchor that goes around the penis head.  There is a tiny o-ring that I use to make it easier to gently pull on the fishing line if the stent migrates into the bladder. (pretty rare but happens a couple times a week).

This one spent almost a month inserted, hence the discoloration.

I find that the softest possible cath makes the biggest difference in comfort.

20200705_122542.jpg

• 3 years later...
On 5/17/2020 at 9:49 AM, PipersLife said:

Quick question for anyone using designs as such with balloon permanently inflated and blocked off.

1. Is the inflated bit supposed to stay inside the bladder or outside the inner sphincter? I'm assuming inside but I wanna be sure.

2. Does the inflated balloon being bigger than the rest of the tube not cause difficulties and/or pain being inserted/removed or does urethra adapt easily enough at this size diference?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 2:41 AM, Des1 said:

Quick question for anyone using designs as such with balloon permanently inflated and blocked off.

1. Is the inflated bit supposed to stay inside the bladder or outside the inner sphincter? I'm assuming inside but I wanna be sure.

2. Does the inflated balloon being bigger than the rest of the tube not cause difficulties and/or pain being inserted/removed or does urethra adapt easily enough at this size diference?

I made a stent similar to this yesterday. Previous efforts had failed due leakage from the balloon. All good this time. I used an Fr14 catheter and inflated the balloon to just over 8mm diameter. Prior to inserting, I opened up the sphincter (I only have one since removal of the prostate) with an 8mm, then a 9mm sound. The balloon part of the stent slipped straight into the bladder with no effort. It has only been in place about 3 hours but so far, so very good!  

9 hours ago, Old_PA said:

I made a stent similar to this yesterday. Previous efforts had failed due leakage from the balloon. All good this time. I used an Fr14 catheter and inflated the balloon to just over 8mm diameter. Prior to inserting, I opened up the sphincter (I only have one since removal of the prostate) with an 8mm, then a 9mm sound. The balloon part of the stent slipped straight into the bladder with no effort. It has only been in place about 3 hours but so far, so very good!  

After wearing a holey foley on and off for a couple of years I finally summoned up the courage to try a stent. I have been using a modified foley stent size Ch16 with partially inflated balloon for a couple of months now, with removals to change the stent and clean it.  The pic shows one of the stents, the balloon had deflated somewhat due to leakage from the stopper in the fill tube, although I soon realised I was limited on the size of balloon I could pass due to my enlarged prostate.

Early attempts using blue strimmer cord as a stopper on the fill line tended to leak and deflate the balloon, but I went to the green line and filed one end of the cord to help it in and this lasts for several weeks. I make the stent approx 12.5cm long and have never experienced migration into the bladder. The end of the stent rests behind my balls where the stent bends upwards toward the prostate. I have also used a 14mm diam. O ring instead of the balloon to retain the stent in the bladder with good results, although this can be harder to get in and is a bit scratchy to remove.

When I first started I would wake up at about 3.30am with a partially full bladder. My nappy was wet so I had been incontinent, but the bladder struggled to drain without clenching the muscles to squeeze urine out. I'm not sure why this occurred.  It may be coincidence, but I was then using a stent around 15cm long, but when I shortened it to 12.5cm I slept right through the night and woke up in the morning with a saturated nappy and an empty bladder. I've had total night time incontinence ever since- happy days! If anyone has any advice or questions then feel free.

20230813_125420.jpg

• Like 1
On 3/26/2020 at 9:00 PM, Matthaydon said:

I want to give this a go, any and all help would be appreciated! Also maybe want to make a foley cath stent if anyone can give me more of an Idea what I am doing?