LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Participating in clinical or product trials

Who here has participated in a clinical or product trip related to incontinence?

I participated in a trial of Depends pullups in 2018. They didn’t tell me the brand, but I knew. First, I went to the research office (it was a vendor that does focus groups, product trials, and the like), and a seamstress took measurement over my clothes. 

A week later, I went back and they gave me several packages Labeled A through F with a few pair in each one and told me to wear them on certain days, and each time I finished a package I took a survey about fit, comfort, absorbency, did it leak, was it uncomfortable, etc.

The kicker was they wanted me to keep all the pullups, used and not, and bring them back to the study facility at the end of the study so they could see how well they held up and compare the used product to the survey. 

The thing was, the differences we’re so subtle I couldn’t easily tell what was different about each package, though I remember feeling that one didn’t fit as well as the rest.

I got $150 for it.

I have the seamstresses card and talked with her about making me custom onesies, but I never followed through on it. She drove in from kind of far for it.

Who here has participated in a climax or product trip related to incontinence?
I participated in a trial of Depends pullups in 2018. They didn’t tell me the brand, but I knew. First, I went to the research office (it was a vendor that does focus groups, product trials, and the like), and a seamstress took measurement over my clothes. 

A week later, I went back and they gave me several packages Labeled A through F with a few pair in each one and told me to wear them on certain days, and each time I finished a package I took a survey about fit, comfort, absorbency, did it leak, was it uncomfortable, etc.
The kicker was they wanted me to keep all the pullups, used and not, and bring them back to the study facility at the end of the study so they could see how well they held up and compare the used product to the survey. 

The thing was, the differences we’re so subtle I couldn’t easily tell what was different about each package, though I remember feeling that one didn’t fit as well as the rest.
I got $150 for it.
I have the seamstresses card and talked with her about making me custom onesies, but I never followed through on it. She drove in from kind of far for it.
The only clinical trial I every did when young, dumb & healthy was a drug trial ,for what turned out to be a sedative stronger and faster acting than diazepam ,it was a residential 2 week trial and paid some absurd amount like $8000 ,it was super hush hush it was even secret as to location,if it worked out and the drug was approved ,they would contact us with the full disclosure , it was and they did ,we had all the comforts of home and it was 3 of us at a time the problem was when they started shooting us up ,one guy was randomly given saline , the other two became zombies as one was getting various amounts of diazepam and the other getting various amounts of the study drug ,if you haven't figured it out the study drug was Midazolam ( Versed) ,who ever got the saline that day was board stiff ,because the guys getting the drugs just kind of sat around and zoned out ,in the first days, our days were cards and weights and stuff like that( video games didn't really exist yet ) and lots of eating ,a private chef made anything you wanted to eat anytime ,it felt like damn you want to spoil me get me wrecked on on drugs AND pay me ,who's getting the better deal?

I also did a coffee products trial ,it involved the stuff so common today various flavors and formulations of creamer ,we all sampled, rated, described what we liked about a certain one or didnt, they went on for like two years every week a different bottle of "secret sauce" to try .

And I think it was an Attends pad i used for a year ,for a study ,considering at the time i wore Attends tri tapes it was like an early doubler .

That's my history as crash test dummy ( I am still a dummy ,continuity is essential)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I would expect the question many of us have is "how do you get signed up for these types of trials"?
Well back in the old days they had newspaper ads and had trolls asking people in shopping malls ,considering both of them are dieing off ,maybe order an opinion from Amazon before there sold out forever?LOL

On 12/10/2019 at 6:09 AM, deewet said:

I would expect the question many of us have is "how do you get signed up for these types of trials"?

I got into one through signing up with a focus group facility. You fill out a questionnaire when you go into their database that includes health information, and I checked the box for incontinence (lie).

I occasionally got emails with questionnaires to see if I qualified for some study they were doing, and then I got one asking me about incontinence, and I filled it out. It was mostly about products you wear, so no lies there. I’m about 16/5 during the week and 23/7 on weekends.

A few days later I got a call, and the interviewer re-asked me all the questions from online, and I qualified for the study. It paid $150.

First, I had to drive to the facility to get measured by a seamstress (over my clothes), then back two weeks later to pick up the product and get walked through the instructions.

I wore the pullups for two weeks like the instructions said, brought them back, and got a check in the mail. Haven’t heard from the facility since. They try to avoid tapping the same people too often.

I got into one through signing up with a focus group facility. You fill out a questionnaire when you go into their database that includes health information, and I checked the box for incontinence (lie).
I occasionally got emails with questionnaires to see if I qualified for some study they were doing, and then I got one asking me about incontinence, and I filled it out. It was mostly about products you wear, so no lies there. I’m about 16/5 during the week and 23/7 on weekends.
 A few days later I got a call, and the interviewer re-asked me all the questions from online, and I qualified for the study. It paid $150.
First, I had to drive to the facility to get measured by a seamstress (over my clothes), then back two weeks later to pick up the product and get walked through the instructions.
I wore the pullups for two weeks like the instructions said, brought them back, and got a check in the mail. Haven’t heard from the facility since. They try to avoid tapping the same people too often.

Damn it , after you tapped a kidney for them ? Sorry I just got a chuckle at your choice of words .

15 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

Wait a minute - you brought back the used pull-ups? Ewww. 

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, WetDad said:

Wait a minute - you brought back the used pull-ups? Ewww. 

I know. I imagine they wanted to see how much they held when worn by actual people/how much people use them before changing, and correlating that with the surveys I took about each batch, with questions about fit, leaks, comfort, etc.

I’ve seen baby diaper product tests done the same way.

On 12/17/2019 at 5:05 PM, rusty pins said:

Probably not as bad or about the same as those who have to go through the "samples" you send back to Cologuard when they check for bowel cancer.  Or some operations done by doctors.

I once had to collect a stool sample at home and drop it off at the lab. I can never look at Chinese takeout containers or sporks the same way again.

Two things stand out.

1) I had to take a cab to drop it off, and when the driver asked how I was, all I could think was, “I brought a bag a shit into your car.” But I didn’t say it.

2) The receptionist who took the sample asked what it was, and I quietly told her, and in a slightly louder normal voice for most people she said, “Ah! These your stools? You don’t need to embarrassed.” 

Um, yes. Yes, I did.

I once had to collect a stool sample at home and drop it off at the lab. I can never look at Chinese takeout containers or sporks the same way again.
Two things stand out.
1) I had to take a cab to drop it off, and when the driver asked how I was, all I could think was, “I brought a bag a shit into your car.” But I didn’t say it.
2) The receptionist who took the sample asked what it was, and I quietly told her, and in a slightly louder normal voice for most people she said, “Ah! These your stools? You don’t need to embarrassed.” 
Um, yes. Yes, I did.
Just be glad it didnt come out like soft serve !

19 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

Two things stand out.

You could have spoken up loudly and then said, "Ok.  Here is my shit", or if you wanted to be funny, you could have said, "I'm really going to give you some shit, lady!"

• 11 months later...
On 12/21/2019 at 10:19 AM, Alex Bridges said:

Two things stand out.

Um, yes. Yes, I did.

Didn’t have to for me, but for my sister. The lady I ended up giving the sample to was a lady I knew from church, chatted with her almost every week. I go in and she looks at me funny until I give her the name. Then she’s all, “Oh, that’s your sister? Kinda wondered.”