LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First time cloth-diapered unsuccessful

7 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

I would say my cloth diapers took about 6 months to really break in ,once they do they will hug your shape more and be incredibly super soft , my current cloth have been in service for 12 years and i swear they get more comfortable every time they get washed .

What fabric? I only recently bought a single Purity overnight gauze diaper and it's okay so far (instantly brought back buried memories of childhood when I put it on). The diapers I bought from DPF back in '96 were flannel prefolds which are very heavy. They're slow to absorb and as soon as they do, they start sagging really badly. 

What fabric? I only recently bought a single Purity overnight gauze diaper and it's okay so far (instantly brought back buried memories of childhood when I put it on). The diapers I bought from DPF back in '96 were flannel prefolds which are very heavy. They're slow to absorb and as soon as they do, they start sagging really badly. 
Mine are flannel ,I wear Pp's over them and then a onesie ,I don't give them any ability to sag ,during the day I wear custom ultra high rise contour at night I wear prefold , you do know the DPF diaper is still made although it has been "modernized" with a bunch of different prints available ,if you go to Babykin's website its under diapers ,Jenny who runs it made them for DPF and it still sells like crazy . Most of my diapers are Angelfluff Ultimate 3, Babykin's has made all my onesies ( i wear one 24/7 either as undershirt or overshirt ) i have tried most on the market ,however i prefer the Babykin's , i buy them usualy in "bulk" orders 5 of every color fabric she has , any order more than 15 in quantity regardless of color ,is made custom to your measurements & specifications ,it saves her time & money so she gives fantastic discounts . Packages sail through customs as medical clothing (I am in US,they are B.C.) onesies are the ultimate accessory, they keep your diaper where it's supposed to be instead of where it wants to be ,when your diaper is held in its proper place it can absorb more .I considered all the fabric choices and wore a diaper of each fabric for a couple of weeks before making a choice ,I am in a wheelchair so Jeanie & Howard at Angelfluff were unbelievably helpfull in letting me ask all the dumb questions before spending any money , Howard is an IC in wheelchair also so he really new what works for our unique circumstance .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

The diapers I bought from DPF back in '96 were flannel prefolds which are very heavy. They're slow to absorb and as soon as they do, they start sagging really badly. 

I may be off base in my thinking, but I always thought that many products Tommy from DPF sold were designed or at least marketed to Adult babies who really wanted to try and be as close to a baby as possible.  I know many DPF products seemed over sized so that you could really look bulky, wear many thick diapers and waddle all while the plastic pants still had tons of room left.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy marketed the diapers and plastic pants he sold through DPF as a size smaller than they actually were so they would hang down and really sag when wet giving the AB members an authentic feeling like when they were actual babies in cloth diapers.  No offence to Tommy!  After all, he was the original AB pioneer giving many of his members what they really wanted and were looking for in the years before the internet when AB/DL was much less known and products and AB/DL websites were non existent.

DPF also marketed a few items made by companies with whom he had a good rapport as well as "Baby Heaven" The flannel diaper was probably an Edley Enterprises, which as of the middle 1980's was a snow-white flannel prefold style diaper. The Baby Heaven diapers I had were made of either bired'sey or a gauze like material (I had two) and came in two sized, the large being 33" wide. DPF also carried Lang Panties and a Tuffy that I thought was made by Comco but may have been made by Babykins. Now everybody and her sister has a "Tuffy" -- 6 mil or better (I did not try them as that name did not sound feminine) I was disappointed in the Baby Heaven panties as the material was grainy

As for a droop free fit, there is an area between the belly and hip bones that is narrower than either. Adjust the fit so that where you will pin is in that area. This the join will be too small to fit over the hip bone so it will not slide down

1 hour ago, Little Christine said:

DPF also marketed a few items made by companies with whom he had a good rapport as well as "Baby Heaven" The flannel diaper was probably an Edley Enterprises, which as of the middle 1980's was a snow-white flannel prefold style diaper. The Baby Heaven diapers I had were made of either bired'sey or a gauze like material (I had two) and came in two sized, the large being 33" wide. DPF also carried Lang Panties and a Tuffy that I thought was made by Comco but may have been made by Babykins. Now everybody and her sister has a "Tuffy" -- 6 mil or better (I did not try them as that name did not sound feminine) I was disappointed in the Baby Heaven panties as the material was grainy

The flannel I bought from DPF was all a baby or toddler print. I bought three with a "Lions/Sheep/Clouds & Rainbows/Stars" pattern, two on blue background and one on white. The fourth one  was hockey patterns on white. I'm not sure which catalog number they had in the DPF newsletter (I found my DPF newsletter from March 1996 recently).

What name was it sold under? I never was fond of printed diapers. They were not a "thing" when I was under 13 if they even existed since the printing color would have had to have been very robust to stand up to the urine and hot water I may have abandoed DPF by then. At some time, they began to accept and print, albeit anonymously, letters from minors as part of a mentoring program that matched minors with "mentors" who would help them navigate their ABDL world (with which I had no problem. My issue was printing any contact with minors). Also, by then the discussion had degenerated into psychobabble and was tending more and more to throw=away diapers, which I find unattractive

4 hours ago, Little Christine said:

What name was it sold under? I never was fond of printed diapers. 

I wish I knew. I haven't seen the patterns since and although the size labels are still on the edge of the diapers, they're tiny and don't have the names of the patterns.

Just now, DL-Boy said:

I wish I knew. I haven't seen the patterns since and although the size labels are still on the edge of the diapers, they're tiny and don't have the names of the patterns.

I did not mean the pattern(S) I mean what brand such as Baby Heaven Edley Enterprises, Li'l Wrangler, etc

DPF "discovered" DL's Even so. diapers are apparently inextricably linked to babies and children. Look at the rankings here: Newborn, Infant, Toddler, Betwetter,...". The place to start your career here is the "Newbie NURSERY" and for the longest time the assignation given to contributers here was "Baby Banker" and the new badge is blocks, a thing associated with, at best, very young children. This is despite the fact that, in a poll, most respondants identified themselves as DL. In the days of DPF, that was nearly unknown. If you look at the roster, most of the participants had either baby or some form of "Little" in their summaries

11 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

I did not mean the pattern(S) I mean what brand such as Baby Heaven Edley Enterprises, Li'l Wrangler, etc

If there was a brand name it has been lost to time and my memory by now.  No names on the labels or in the diaper patterns. Can't find  a picture of them in the old Xerox'd newsletter so that's no help either.

Just now, DL-Boy said:

If there was a brand name it has been lost to time and my memory by now.  No names on the labels or in the diaper patterns. Can't find  a picture of themin the old Xerox'd newsletter so that's no help either.

Then we have reached a dead end

• 1 month later...

...when I do use disposables, which is kinda rare, I use that 3 inch wide clear packaging tape which is super strong. I place an appx  4in x 3in  piece over the original disposable diaper tapes and have yet to ever have one come open. Done this 25+ yrs ago.

• 3 months later...

...I've been putting on my cloth diapers long enough standing up that I'll actually "pre-pin" the right side 7 corners on the bathroom counter, step into the right open leghole opening with my right leg, then pull the remaining part of the diaper & corners up to my left hip and since I'm left handed, I pin the remaining left side this way. I get a nice fit and snug diaper everytime doing it this way. Haven't put on a diaper laying down in the longest time now.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:38 AM, babypb said:

...I've been putting on my cloth diapers long enough standing up that I'll actually "pre-pin" the right side  corners on the bathroom counter, step into the right open leghole opening with my right leg, then pull the remaining part of the diaper & corners up to my left hip and since I'm left handed, I pin the remaining left side this way. I get a nice fit and snug diaper everytime doing it this way. Haven't put on a diaper laying down in the longest time now.

5 hours ago, WetDad said:

Seven corners? Please explain. 

...was a typo, my cloth diapers only have four corners, sorry. I corrected it.