LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)

On 2/24/2020 at 9:28 PM, YourFNF said:

I don't know if I cold ever get you used to that. Not being able to take the initiative myself. Like I enjoy the idea of having someone as a back stop but out right overriding or saying no would generally be a last resort.

Then you better behave yourself, kiddo!

3 hours ago, Panther Cub said:

It's been so long that I've forgotten. Are there any free littles in the country this takes place in?

Free humans? Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught up on these latest chapters and they are fantastic as always! I find it interesting how Manda is now taking bathes with Jamie. I kinda have to wonder if she is turning into Becky. My sister always says that there's a time when you go through a realization of "oh my gosh I'm turning into my mother," so I wonder if Manda is headed for such a revelation?

• Like 1

I hope you are all well, and you are all in my thoughts. 

As for myself, I am healthy but tired. Though I do not work in healthcare, my work days have stretched to as much as sixteen hours some days, filled entirely with the pandemic and it’s consequences. I have had no time or energy to write, and my usual creativity has been missing. 

Still, I missed my characters, and even the briefest sojourn in their world is worthwhile today. Comforting, even. Jamie speaks for me sometimes, and sometimes he doesn’t need to say much at all.

Please be well, stay safe, be patient, and remember that this too shall pass, and maybe when it does, we’ll remember what we found to be of true importance: each other.

Chapter 99

“Is Jamie feeling better,” Becky asked when she got home and set her work bag down next to the door.

“He says he feels fine. I put him back down for a nap anyway,” Amanda told her. “He doesn’t have a fever. His tummy isn’t upset. He’s eating.”

Becky sighed. If he wasn’t sick then he was sure acting like he was. All he wanted to do since yesterday was sit with his mom and his sister. He didn’t want to play anything or go to the park or go to dinner or see a friend. 

“How long has he been down?”

“A half hour.”

Becky decided to go change before checking on him. She wanted out of her work clothes. Not that she had to wear anything fancy, but when she walked through the door she always wanted to go straight back to her home clothes. She felt more like herself, and it signified an end to the work day, a way of dividing work from not work. 

It was the end of the week, too, and Jamie had taken them up on it when they asked if he wanted to stay home for the day instead of going to daycare. He wasn’t eager, exactly. It was more the way he’d so quickly said yes and then put his head back on her shoulder. It had them wondering if something had happened at daycare, but Diane assured them nothing had. They even called Stacy, who asked Ella, who told them Jamie was fine, just like he said he was. She chalked it up to Jamie just being in one of his moods. A lot less common than they once were, but every so often. Amanda had told her professor she wouldn’t be at seminar and come over early enough for Becky to make it to school on time, and she’d spent the day quietly with Jamie not saying much but always stay close to her when she wasn’t holding him.

Her mom clothes back on, as Becky thought of them sometimes, she went back downstairs to the nursery and opened the door quietly. Looking over the crib rail, Jamie’s eyes were closed but his breathing told her he was awake. She reached down and ran the back of a single finger down his cheek.

“Baby Bear,” she whispered to him. He rolled over and held up his arms, blinking and sighing. She reached down and picked him up, blanket and all, and lifted him to her chest, bouncing him gently as she collected the loose blanket into a bundle around his feet and stepped to the rocking chair.

“Hi, Mama.”

“How you feeling?”

“Good.” He sighed again.

“Promise nothing’s wrong,” she asked for the third time that day.

“I promise.”

“Will you tell me what’s up then? You’ve been awfully quiet.”

“Just feel like being with my people is all.”

Becky smiled weakly, not that Jamie saw with his cheek against her chest and his eyes closed, and bowed her head to kiss his hair. She rubbed his back through the fuzzy blanket and rocked the chair slowly. She understood. Sometimes she just wanted to be with her people, too, her daughter and her little boy. She’d invite Amanda to stay the night, and the three of them could just be together. It would make Jamie happy, in that quiet way of his, when it’s not so easy even for those closest to him to know if he’s sad or sick or just happy to be in the world with the people he loves most. Jamie would be very happy.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
On 4/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, SGTbaby said:

I think a lot of people echo this sentiment as well! I hope the worlds remember the important stuff as well when this is over. Great chapter!

I agree! Such a sweet chapter.

• Like 1

Short and sweet.  I thank you and hope you can get some free time.  Good luck with whatever it is that you do.  Other than this story, that's  skill, you needn't have luck there.

I think we're all Jamie in some fashion.  I'd like to lay claim to it though,  I've never felt more affinity with a character from a work of fiction.

Thank you,

--E

Chapter 100

Something Jamie never thought much of until he went to Itali was how weird it must be for babies to go to sleep in one place and wake up in another. He’d gone to bed in the actual bed, and coming back to consciousness, he knew he was in someone’s arms. The sleep was still good to him, waking up into the warm, fuzzy space that felt so good he was content to stay there, keeping his eyes closed and holding still, feeling heavy and weak. He wasn’t sure who had him, or even what time of day it was, if it was day, or which home he’d gone to sleep in. Those parts of his memory weren’t awake yet.

His toes curled in his socks, and his feet felt warm, but cool air brushed across his cheek and he sighed. It was coming back him, bit by bit. He turned himself toward the warmth, found what he expected, and rubbed his face against Amanda’s sweater.

“Hi Manda,” he said with a raspy, dry-throated voice. He needed water. He felt three solid thumps against his butt and the gentle bounce of her steps. He sighed again, unsure why he should be so tired except that it felt good. A soft nipple touched his lips, and he parted them to accept the bottle while she kept bouncing and patting his outside thigh. He drained the entire bottle of water.

“Such a thirsty boy,” she said as she took the bottle away, and at last he opened his eyes. “Who’s got you,” she asked in a sing-song voice. “Who’s got you?”

“Mel!” He sat up and put his arms around her as she hurriedly adjusted herself to keep from dropping him. She remembered when he was so afraid to be held while standing he’d hold perfectly still. Now he climbed on people, confident they would never drop him.

“Jamie,” Mel said back as she laughed and kissed the top of his head, rubbing the back of his fuzzy sleeper with one hand. “Ooo, I missed you so much!”

“It’s been a whole month!” He sat back and put on his shy puppy face, the one he used whenever he was trying to be especially cute to get something he wanted. “I thought you’d forgotten about me,” he said in his deliberately sweet voice.

“You big liar,” Mel said back, not fooled for a second. “You got me all to yourself tonight.”

“Where’s Manda?”

“A date. She thought you’d like the surprise of waking up and finding me.” She sat back down on the couch, helping Jamie to stand on her thighs and looking just a little upward into his eyes. Such pretty blue eyes, she thought. “I think you’ve grown,” she said.

“I have not.”

“You have! You’re almost as tall as me,” she teased him.

“Only ‘cause I’m standing on you,” he laughed at her silliness.

“C’mon,” she coaxed him. “Don’t make me say it.”

“No,” he petulantly responded, trying very hard and not entirely succeeding in hiding his smile.

“I’ma say it,” she warned.

“Mmm mmm,” Jamie grunted with his lips tightly pressed together.

Mel took a deep, exaggerated breath, and at once lifted Jamie under his underarms into the air with a cry of, “How big is Jamie?” He said nothing, looking away. She lowered him back down. She frowned at him, silently chastising him for his lack of cooperation. “I’ma try again,” she said, “and you better say it if you know what’s good for ya.” On the count of three, she lifted him back into the air, singing, “How big is Jamie!” She held him there, and he crossed his arms and wouldn’t meet her gaze.

“Nope,” he said. She lowered him back down.

“I don’t see you for one month, and my bear forgets how all this works,” she said crossly. “I’ma count to three, and you’re gonna say it, or I’ma get you bad.”

“I’m Manda’s bear.”

Mel ignored the comment. “One … two … two and a half … “ Skipping three, Mel attacked his underarms and his belly and his thighs through his sleeper, poking and pinching and tickling as Jamie collapsed in a fit of giggles broken by failed attempts to get “So big!” out before his laughter and her dancing fingertips cut him off.

She held him flat on his back against the couch with one hand on his chest and sternly asked, “How big is Jamie?

“So big,” Jamie said, raising his arms above his head.

“Whose bear are you?”

“Manda’s,” he said as he clamped his arms to the side.

“Fine. But who’s a good boy?”

“Me.”

“Who’s his Aunt Mel’s good wittle boy,” she asked as she lightly tickled his chest.

“Me!” She bent down and kissed both his cheeks and his forehead.

“Yeah you are.” She helped him sit up. “Ah, goodness, I missed you,” she said as she gave him a tight hug and kissed him again. Her excitement seemed to give way to earnestness, and she took a few deep breaths before letting him go.

“Are you okay,” he asked.

“Mhmm. I just can’t go a whole month without my Jamie time.”

“Why were you so busy?”

“I just was. Change of seasons I guess. C’mon.” She held his hand as he hopped off the couch, and he followed her outside. They were in the early part of the autumn, that in between time when it’s warm until the breeze picks up, and you can feel somewhere past the wind is winter, a long way off on the other side of many more sunny days before the autumn rains. “You warm enough?”

“Yeah,” he said as the two of them sat down on the blanket Amanda had spread out for him in the grass next to their patio, and he resumed building with his blocks. Laid out flat with a block on each corner to hold it down was a drawing. Jamie was working off of homemade blueprints. “So what have you been so busy with?”

“Just work. I had a rush of projects … which is good. I just haven’t gotten to do literally anything else.”

‘I’m sorry.”

“It’s good, in a way. I’m building a good portfolio and adding new clients. It’s good in the long run. But I’d rather hear about the adventures of Jamie. What’s up with you.”

“Manda told you,” he chuckled.

“Manda told me her version. I wanna hear the real version. What’ve you been up to?”

“Just daycare,” he shrugged.

“I did see a video of you singing,” she said.

“O geez,” he blushed, “it wasn’t my idea.” It was that new daycare teacher. She’d set up a camera to record the whole daycare performing the song together and sent a video to every parent.

“It was so cute,” she gushed. “With the little dance you did. Ugh, so stinkin’ cute …” When he didn’t respond, except with his red ears, she added, “Will you do it for me later?”

“I’ll do it for you the same way I did it for the daycare teacher: hopped up on too much milk.”

“Deal,” she laughed. “How come Ella wasn’t in the video?”

“She has more dignity left than I do, I guess,” Jamie laughed. A true statement. Ella had stood off to the side smiling and was very complementary of Jamie after the song was over, and then he fell asleep with that bely full of milk.

“How’s living here going? You gotten used to it?”

“Yeah. I like it. I still miss Mom when I’m here, and Manda when I’m there, but this feels like home now, too.” She was glad to hear that; Amanda had told her he had made the transition well, but she knew he didn’t always tell her things, just as the first day the three of them had spent together in the new apartment had included him crying in her arms as she put him down for his nap, after asking her not to tell Amanda how difficult a time he was having.

“Good,” she said and reached out to give his shoulder a squeeze. “I heard you made a friend here.”

“Does Manda tell you everything?”

“Pretty much.” Amanda had told her about meeting Yasmine, though she left out the naughtiness that was a part of it, respecting Jamie’s privacy. When her days were long and she needed a break, Mel sometimes asked Manda just to share a new picture with her or tell her how things were going. It was just a small bright spot, seeing her friends going about their days, though it made her a little jealous, and she was beginning to understand what Jamie had told her about work all those years.

“There’s a kid here who likes to play with me, Yasmine,” he told her.

“And you like to play with her?”

“Mhmm. She’s nice. Her mom is nice, too.”

“It’s good you guys are making friends here.”

Jamie paused for a moment and then resumed playing with his blocks. Mel decided to wait a few more minutes before taking him inside to change him.

“Who’s Manda out on a date with,” Jamie asked Mel.

“I haven’t met him yet. Someone she met on campus.”

“Do you know if it’s the same guy from last weekend?”

“I think so.”

“That’s good,” Jamie said. “She won’t tell me about him yet, but I can tell she likes him. I hope she sticks it with it for a while.”

“The last man she stuck with is you,” Mel said a she leaned over to pick Jamie up. “If every guy she met were like her little bear, she’d be falling in love all the time. Let’s go change those pants.” She started to stand.

“I’m almost done,” he said, “Five minutes.”

“No, let’s go get it done. It’ll only take a second. Then we can order dinner, and you can keep playing until it gets here.”

“Okay,” he acquiesced.

“Besides, what if the building inspector came before we got your pants changed? I don’t think that would make a very good first impression.”

“Well, that would just be rude of the building inspector … and a misuse of office,” Jamie said.

“And I’d stick up for you …”

“We could just say it was you,” Jamie said and started laughing.

Mel smiled, gave his butt a pat, “I don’t think that would work, buddy, because Jamie Bear, you kinda stink,” she said and gave him a peck on the cheek, “but I love you muchly.” She held him with one arm as she got his supplies ready on the changing table.

“Stupid building inspector,” Jamie grumbled as Mel laid him on the table and started to unsnap his sleeper.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, SGTbaby said:

Sometimes I wish I could comfortably fall asleep as described in the opening part of this chapter 

Sleep well tonight, baby. ?

• Like 1

I love Mel, so glad she was able to spend the night with Jamie. Also, I feel like most videos of me at parties go down the same way as that video of Jamie. People ask me why I did that and I say, too much alcohol. Closest thing we have to the milk in Italia?

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, littleTomás said:

I love Mel, so glad she was able to spend the night with Jamie. Also, I feel like most videos of me at parties go down the same way as that video of Jamie. People ask me why I did that and I say, too much alcohol. Closest thing we have to the milk in Italia?

You’re too young to drink! Go stand in the corner and wait for me with your diaper pulled down in back.

• Haha 1
  • Alex Bridges changed the title to Done Adulting, Vol. 2 (Final chapter posted 12/21/20)