LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tena pull up leaked again.

Jackk

My tena pull up leaked in public for the second time this evening. The wetting was completely pre-planned (the leak of course wasn't). I was sat on a bench outside, there was a toilet close by where I planned to change.

I'd held on to my pee all afternoon, there is a retail park close to me and most of the stores have toilets that suitable to change in so I've used my nappies there a few times. 

As mentioned before I was sat on a bench outside one of the stores. I was desperate to pee but it still took about 5 minutes to psyche myself up as I'm always nervous. I eventually started peeing and it felt wonderful as I felt the warmth spread around my nappy. I was worried that it might leak and wasn't surprised when I looked down and saw the front of my trousers had started to get wet. I stopped peeing immediately. I bought a dry pair of trousers and I went inside to change immediately. Luckily nobody saw me.

When I pulled my trousers down and the underpants that I was wearing on top of my nappy were drenched. I want to wear and use nappies in public but obviously don't want this to happen again. Tena Maxi pants claim to be able to take 1000ml of urine and are designed for heavy incontinence. 

Would like to know if anyone can recommend any better nappies. I'd prefer pullups as they're easier to put on and change by myself or if I need to wear anything on top. 

Tena can take that much fluid, but not all at once. pull-ups are not made for you to hold it in all day and release in one big go, they're meant for intermittent wetting (because if you have the ability to control your bladder and hold it in, you don't need diapers). when you release it all at once you're adding liquid faster than it can absorb, so its going to leak

if you're going to go for one big wetting, its best to go with a diaper specifically made for abdl, because that's what they're designed for. and best to add a pair of plastic pants, as a backup

• Like 1

Sounds like you made some errors with your planned event.  First, even though it was a TENA, it was not a diaper but a pull up.  Pull Up disposable underwear are for light bladder leaks and not really meant to be used like an actual diaper that holds a lot more.  Secondly, you held your pee all afternoon until you were desperate to pee.  That is a disaster waiting to happen!  You can't flood a disposable pull on underpant and not expect it to leak.  Even some lower end diapers can't take a flood all at once without leaking because there isn't enough time for them to absorb it that fast, and a pull up is a lot worse for absorbing a flood than a diaper.  Nice idea, wrong protection!  Half of me suspects a little bit that you kind of liked the idea that you would wet your actual pants in public where someone could notice.  If you plan on doing this again, either get some premium quality diapers that can hold a heavy flood or else with a store brand diaper wear plastic pants over it to help when it leaks.  Don't flood your diaper either!  Let it out slowly to give the diaper a chance to absorb.  By all means, DON'T WEAR A PULL UP OF ANY KIND IF YOU PLAN TO HOLD YOUR PEE UNTIL YOU ARE ABOUT TO BURST AND THEN LET IT ALL OUT AT ONCE!  That would be like trying to dry yourself off after a shower with a single paper towel.  You need to choose the product that is the correct one for the job you plan on doing.

• Like 1

Tena Pants Maxi hold a fair amount, but the drawback with all pull-ups is the narrow crotch and less prominent leak guards than a taped nappy, meaning a flood can often cause a leak.

Second mistake is wetting sitting down, as it really has nowhere to go when you have your weight on the back half of your nappy! Do it standing up, and your pants have more chance ;)

You are wasting your money with pull ups. Go for a proper tape nappy, like Tena slip maxi active fit, they are plastic backed and can hold a flood. And as others have said dont do it sitting down thats asking for a leek.

Maly.

Pullups have another weakness besides poor instantaneous absorbency (flooding) and that's how the absolute capacity is very small. Think about that weak waistband- it can't hold much weight, right? So to keep them from creeping down your waist as you get them wetter, they simply limit the size of the absorbency patch. It's very thin and narrow on purpose, so that it won't get too heavy.

Tape-on diapers do have a more baby-ish appearance, which is a drawback for those new to incontinence. (ABs & DLs, not so much) But once I tried diapers (good ones), I found that they could not only hold far more, but I could change them without having to take off my shoes/pants which made changes much faster and more discrete.

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely try with a tape up nappy next time. It's weird because they claim to be able to hold a litre of urine and I've flooded them before. What I wanted was for the nappy to take it all and then for me to simply go to the toilet and change without anyone being the wiser. Does anyone have any experience with reusables as I'm interested to see if I could save on cost by using them. 

Go with a premium class disposable. Anything less will lead to frustration & embarrassment. You will end up using fewer in a day which makes up for the added expense.

agreed Premium Taped diapers work way better then pullups the feeling you get that you can trust your diaper to do its job is worth the extra expence and taped diapers are easier to change while out and about.