LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

12 hours ago, oznl said:

There have been odd moments: like when I realise that I’ve leaked AGAIN

I had one of those moments on, I think, Monday or Tuesday, sitting in my office, when I realized that I'd somehow tucked my shirt into the front of my diaper AGAIN. Did I mention AGAIN?!? I've realized that this occurs primarily when I'm wearing medium-sized diapers; in large sizes of any given diaper, the front panel rises up to over my bellybutton, but on some mediums, although they rest only a little lower, prolonged sitting seems to let them inch down to a critical point where an errant "tuck-in" could allow some shirt material into the hot zone, with resultant wicking and loss of wardrobe. 

11 hours ago, BlakeJordan said:

I personally don’t think sustained desire for 24/7 wearing could last beyond a couple months if there wasn’t a drive within that pushed us to wear to feel “normal”, it’s this need to feel normal that pushes us to continue past the hype and fantasy. We are, without wearing at a lower level baseline of well being.

@oznl has said essentially this before, as well, and I agree with both of you. At this point, 18+ months in, I'm beyond this being a momentary thrill or engagement in some kind of fantasy. No fantasy I've had so far would include the moment when I emerged from the basement yesterday with an armload of diapers, and my wife gave me an eyeroll as we passed on the stairs. 

Some observations from the last day and a half or so that I've spent in a couple of Crinklz: first, as noted before, these swell out of all proportion to their original size. The front of this diaper is so large right now that I actually had second thoughts about taking the dog for a walk in it. My "diaper pants" bulged, but it's cold enough out to justify a jacket, and the jacket hung low enough to mostly mitigate the oddities of my lower silhouette, in my opinion. Dog walked. 

I also noticed that the light plastic that they're constructed of seems to stretch out, which is not something that can be mitigated by repositioning the tapes, because of the tape-on-top-of-a-tape design, rather than a broader "landing strip", locks you into a position that was originally snug, but has since become less snug. That being said, I will not be sending any complain letters, because I really like these diapers, they have very impressive capacity and resistance to leaks, they are quite comfortable, they become very muted under jeans and such, and, I also have to admit that I'm probably wearing them beyond what the creators envisioned.  

I had a hilarious, and relatively rare, diaper dream last night that I think might have been spawned by the couple of Crinklz I have spent time in over the past 36 hours or so. Basically, I was cleaning up the house, running up and down the stairs and shuffling stuff around, which I actually spent time doing yesterday, BUT, in the dream, I was wearing a diaper and a shirt, whereas in reality yesterday, I had some pants on. At one point I was in our kitchen, and my wife was sitting on the couch in the adjacent living room, when the front of my diaper basically exploded, and dumped a pile of damp diaper fluff on the floor. However, I was still wearing the inner lining of the diaper somehow, and I had to grab the sides of it, and bolt for my bedroom to get changed. I worried that my wife would get up and go into the kitchen and see the pile of sodden fluff on the floor, so I recall running almost for my life to get the diaper off. I reached our bathroom and thought, should I just go clean that up, or should I put another diaper on first? I grabbed a diaper, put it on standing up, fastened the top tapes only, and then commenced a search for a broom. After that I woke up. 

Some of you here will point out the alleged heresy of fastening the top tapes first (or only using the top tapes), and that has me curious, because I didn't realize there were such strong opinions on that matter. I have to confess to having done both in my day. Right now I tend to... and I'm bracing to be run off of the site... do the top tapes lying down, and then stand up and fasten the bottoms, because of my physiology - I have large upper thighs. My waist size would put me in a medium of most diaper brands, but because of my legs, I mostly wear large. So, I can cinch the waist up tight while I'm on my back, but if I fasten the legs lying down, when I stand up, they tend to need snugging up, whereas if I wait until I'm in the position I'll be for most of the day - either standing or sitting, rather than lying on my back - I can snug up the legs and never have to touch them again. 

For most of you though, it's the reverse, I take it? Snug up the legs and then the waist? 

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

For most of you though, it's the reverse, I take it? Snug up the legs and then the waist? 

For me, yes.  Lie down, powder, grab the lower right, then lower left, they'll be nice and tight, then stand up and tape the top two whilst breathing in ... 

At some point an hour or so later, I'll re-do the top two tighter again though. 

8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Some observations from the last day and a half or so that I've spent in a couple of Crinklz: first, as noted before, these swell out of all proportion to their original size. The front of this diaper is so large right now that I actually had second thoughts about taking the dog for a walk in it. My "diaper pants" bulged, but it's cold enough out to justify a jacket, and the jacket hung low enough to mostly mitigate the oddities of my lower silhouette, in my opinion. Dog walked.

The Crinklz is the printed variant of the BetterDry which has been my “daily driver” diaper for the last 14 or 15 months.

I tend not to use them at night because I’ve worked out that mostly I simply don’t need that kind of capacity then.  A slightly cheaper product will do.  I WILL occasionally wear them at night where I think I’m likely to need extra capacity (a dinner party where I can’t be bothered changing after the guests have left and before bed is a good example).

They do swell fearsomely.  Unless I’m in bed, I will have compression pants over the top of these at all times.  Another very minor criticism is that they could possibly do a better job at wicking.  The front will swell long before the rest of the diaper is damp.

They are however comfortable wet or dry (the ABU Simple is more comfortable but less reliable) and they will also withstand some modest side-laying wetting in bed.

8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Yes, lower tapes first.  With typical Teutonic efficiency, these German diapers (windel I guess) have tape positioning instructions which I've found to be pretty much on the money.  Bottom tapes as low as you reasonably can, top tapes as high as you can.  It's important to snug up the thighs or they may press-out leak at the back.
2 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

tape the top two whilst breathing in ...

I'd never thought about the breathing in thing.  I might try that next change.  Currently I'm in an Abena L4 + booster and they stretch to hell and back across the day anyway.  By change time it's only my plastic pants holding them up.

Quick update today. I had a blast from the past over the weekend; I stayed over at the house of a longtime friend of mine, for a beer sampling that was expected to reasonably preclude the subsequent operation of a motor vehicle. After an evening of comparing notes on beers, and, later, losing track of our notes, I retired to his guest bedroom, and went to sleep in the size medium Rearz Elite that I had arrived in - a good combination of reasonable stealth, and, impressive capacity. When I woke up in the morning, it was time to change it up, and as I stood in his bathroom, I eyeballed the Diaper Genie that they still have in a corner, which they now use as a receptacle for his kids' pull-ups. However, I didn't think that the engineering on it had taken into consideration a probably 10-pound adult nappy, so I bagged it and took it home with me. I was getting dressed when I noticed that his 11-year-old's pull-up strategic reserve was on the floor in the guest room - he wears the size L/XL, which I know from experience, can stretch out quite heroically. Back in the days before I switched over to wearing actual diapers, I used to sometimes squeeze into one for half a day here and there, if I had the house to myself. But the ones we had on hand for sleepovers were always the girl's versions, and I had never tried the ones made for boys. I figured that one wouldn't be missed, and that it was more than a fair exchange for several craft beers I was leaving behind, so I decided to test-drive one for the morning. 

True to what I recalled, I could indeed still put one on, although, again, it was mightily overburdened. But to their credit, it didn't fail me - I think they may have improved the construction a bit, because I used to have to reinforce the lower corners with staples if I didn't want to contend with the possibility that my diaper might suddenly and catastrophically come off. This thing stayed with me for a couple of hours that morning, although I was very judicious in its use, which was an interesting test of my ability to meter my output. I didn't stop myself from going, but I wouldn't let any event snowball into something forceful, which I thought might overwhelm the already-overwhelmed product. On the whole, it was rather painful and uncomfortable to be constantly riding the brakes, and I wouldn't go back to those for any reason. 

I did have a thought, though - if such a product had existed when I was a kid, would I be where I am right now? If I had been wearing pull-ups rather than diapers to bed for all those years, would they have imprinted themselves on my psyche so deeply? I assume based on what I see when I walk through a grocery store or pharmacy that there is a sufficiently-sized market propping up the sale of numerous products in the 50 - 100 lb "bedtime underwear" category, and that, these days, not a lot of kids actually go to bed wearing products that call themselves "diapers". A couple of the medical diaper companies make youth-sized products, but those are aimed more, I think, at full-time wearers than those suffering from nocturnal enuresis, and they are not "marketed" toward their users, but rather toward caregivers and, presumably, insurance companies. The only youth-oriented product I've ever seen that calls itself a "diaper" and that tries to appeal to the people actually wearing them are the Race Car diapers, but I assume those command a pretty small percentage of the market, and mostly kids who really, really WET the bed, because no national supplier has picked up the high-capacity gauntlet - it seems like GoodNites and other commonly-available pull-up products do the job for most people. So, is it possible that, in a generation, there might be fewer people with "our" strange fascination with plastic underpants? 

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

So, is it possible that, in a generation, there might be fewer people with "our" strange fascination with plastic underpants?

Anything's possible, but my money's on 'no'!

Continual improvement... the Kaizen of being in diapers. Today, I once again tucked my t-shirt into the front of my diaper; I swear to God I don't know how that keeps happening. A onesie is the cure, but I only have a few of them and tend to save them for when I go out. I had intended to buy more for my work wardrobe, as an aside, but then I stopped going anywhere for work. However, today, in the midst of an online meeting, camera angle well to the upper torso, I did a surreptitious check, and I caught it! Victory is mine. The shirt wasn't even damp. 

After I finished the meeting, I took the dog for a walk, feeling pretty well camouflaged in my jeans, with an overhanging jacket. I was (and am) in a medium sized Rearz Elite, which is a high capacity diaper with a reasonable bulk to it, that field testing has taught me can be worn as a daytime diaper until it swells beyond a certain point. I wasn't anywhere near that point when I walked the dog, but, because of the timing of a meeting this morning, I got out of bed, had a coffee, then went to brush my teeth in preparation for the meeting, with a plan to visit the facilities again afterwards. Having minty fresh breath isn't really a requirement for a Zoom meeting, but, it makes me feel more awake and on the ball. As I've noted here before, standing in front of the sink brushing my teeth is a trigger for me to wet, and this morning was no exception. I woke up in a fairly dry diaper, and I guess I slept so hard that I had built up a backlog, so when the water started running, the dam burst, and I trickled into that diaper for a good minute or so, all of it concentrated into the middle of the diaper. After I finished in the washroom, I did the meeting, then heeded my dog's entreaties regarding the injustice of him having to wait for us to take him out to go, while I can apparently go whenever I please (I assume my looser pants aren't fooling him). It wasn't until I was walking down the block that it occurred to me that I had a curious gate going on - a bit of a diaper cowboy walk, to quote the Pampers commercial. My fantastic, high-capacity diaper was swollen almost exclusively between my legs. I'm going to assume that it was way too subtle for a non-expert to pick out, but I did wonder, was it noticeable? 

On another topic, I think I've reached an accord with myself that when we move out of this house, which is happening in a couple of weeks, I am going to toss my bag of boxer shorts in with all the other trash we will be jettisoning, come what may. Although it makes absolutely no sense - I haven't worn them in months, and they're not calling out to me like Poe's telltale heart - I am a bit giddy about it. It feels like the end of an era. Maybe this is what it's like when transgender people toss the last remnants of whatever gender wardrobe they no longer identify with. Not that I'm comparing my situation with theirs - living as another gender involves one's entire persona, public and private, whereas what I have going on under my nondescript middle-aged suburban dad uniform would be hard to discern, be it a diaper, lederhosen, or a Spiderman outfit. This is not as big a step, clearly. But, it registers as "something" on my internal seismic scale. 

52 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Continual improvement...

'Every day in every way I am getting wetter and wetter', as Emile Coue didn't quite say.

54 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I think I've reached an accord with myself that when we move out of this house, which is happening in a couple of weeks, I am going to toss my bag of boxer shorts in with all the other trash we will be jettisoning, come what may. Although it makes absolutely no sense - I haven't worn them in months, and they're not calling out to me like Poe's telltale heart - I am a bit giddy about it. It feels like the end of an era.

Don't forget to give a little wave as the ship goes down.

• Like 1

Nappy update (I like switching between "Nappy" and "Diaper" because it makes me seem international and cool. Although nobody in my life ever uses or used the word "nappy" other than my grandmother, whose mother hailed from Scotland 90 years ago or something, and the British and Australian friends I've made here...) - I'm still in this Rearz Elite, and it's doing a pretty admirable job. The front has risen like a soufflé, but the upper rear is still pretty dry. I am tempted to stay in this thing for another hour or two, making it into an ~18 hour diaper. Sorry, 18-hour nappy. Two thumbs up, Rearz. Great product. 

3 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Nappy update (I like switching between "Nappy" and "Diaper" because it makes me seem international and cool. Although nobody in my life ever uses or used the word "nappy" other than my grandmother, whose mother hailed from Scotland 90 years ago or something, and the British and Australian friends I've made here...) - I'm still in this Rearz Elite, and it's doing a pretty admirable job. The front has risen like a soufflé, but the upper rear is still pretty dry. I am tempted to stay in this thing for another hour or two, making it into an ~18 hour diaper. Sorry, 18-hour nappy. Two thumbs up, Rearz. Great product. 

Question for you, which term sounds more babyish, nappy or diaper?

I associate nappies with baby nappies as that's what I grew up with and diapers with adult diapers as that's what I mostly see on the internet. 

Personally I prefer nappies, being English and all that, but it helps with the humiliation aspect that I love. 

........ sometimes I wish I had normal cravings in life, haha ....... 

10 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Nappy update (I like switching between "Nappy" and "Diaper" because it makes me seem international and cool. Although nobody in my life ever uses or used the word "nappy" other than my grandmother, whose mother hailed from Scotland 90 years ago or something, and the British and Australian friends I've made here...)

I use both.  I think I do this because partly, (back when I had a career and no pandemic), I was a seasoned international traveller, reasonably fluent in English variants and partly because I like my writing to have something for everyone.

I think history is speaking on this however:  similar to “cookies”, “chicken nuggets” and “Halloween”, North American cultural hegemony is inexorably triumphing here.  An Australian generation of ABDL younger than us, Instagram one another about “dips”.

It’s going to be great when they decide to also adopt driving on the right-hand side of the road.

It’s not entirely a one-way street.  Australia gave the world the term “selfie”.

You are welcome world, no need to thank us.

This week I had to suggest to myself that I may have become a bit too comfortable with my routine, and I ended up taking an unnecessary risk. I wore a diaper to the gym, as has been my habit, but my older onesies were in the wash, and I didn't want to get one of my nicer, newer ones all sweaty, so I decided to just put on a long t-shirt and tuck it into my athletic pants, and all would be well. Except that the workout at the gym involved repeatedly launching yourself from a standing position, into a shoulder roll, and then jumping back up. I could feel my t-shirt inching up with each roll, and then I could feel that my lower back was open to the air, but, had my diaper made an appearance? I was impossible to verify without drawing attention to the area. I was at the back of the class, with people beside me but nobody behind me, so I figured that whatever was showing would PROBABLY not get noticed, but I had to wait for a gap in the routine to re-tuck my shirt, and determine what, if anything, had reached daylight back there. Well, fortunately, I was wearing a plain white Prevail, so the top of it is not particularly remarkable, just that breathable, white cloth-like material, because a good inch of it was standing above the waist of my pants. I tucked in my shirt and tightened up pants up, and since we weren't doing any more rolls, I was okay after that, but, had I ended up in the middle of the class instead of in the last row, it maybe could have been an issue. Perhaps nobody would have had any idea what they were looking at, who knows, but being a senior member, and sometimes-trainer at that gym, a diaper sighting there would have more potential for awkwardness than, say, at a gas station or restaurant.

In other news, my wife has added a new moniker to our lexicon, although so far, it's only been used once. She drove my daughter to school while dressed in pajamas, and when she got back to the house, I said "You wore THOSE out in public?", to which she said "I wasn't out in public, I never got out of the car, and anyway, what would you have worn, baby pants?" The way she phrased it suggested she meant "What would YOU have worn, Baby-Pants...", and not "What would you have worn - baby pants?". So, my pants are always in the crossfire - she's moved from "diaper pants" to "baby pants". But, yes, I would most definitely have worn baby pants. Probably not pajamas over them, though, in case I had to get out of the car for some reason, leaving me puffy in awkward places that pajamas tend to emphasize rather than disguise. 

Speaking of diaper pants, I am very happy with the larger jeans I recently purchased; I can wear practically any diaper under them around the house, and all but my largest diapers are fine for out in public. I wore a Rearz Lil' Monster out this morning for a meeting with a contractor and did not feel remotely self-conscious. I'm definitely addicted to wearing plastic diapers all the time now, other than at the gym or on runs, where my slimmer, cloth-backed diapers work better. A note on that while I am on the topic: the Prevail 360's that I wear to the gym have fantastic tabs on them - with the aforementioned rolls and jumping up and down and all over the place, I wondered what I would do if one of the tabs let go, but it hasn't happened yet. 

Moved houses this weekend; I have a couple of diaper-related notes on that. First of all, for reasons only understood by my spouse, the movers commenced the project by wrapping up our bedside dressers and carting them out first... there went my most readily-accessible diaper, in the bottom drawer. My closet stash had been tied up in a bag and placed in the trunk of my car, which was already at the other house with my wife, and accessing my basement stash would have required digging into one of the cases, while a bunch of people I don't know carted stuff off around me. Never-the-less, I had to go that route, because my overnight diaper - a Barnyard - was too big to reliably wear all day while bending, lifting, directing, etc. I managed to pull back a corner of a box and liberate a Lil' Monster, and, having learned my lesson from the gym last week, I had a onesie put aside to wear as an undershirt. But, it was a white onesie, and once I had it, and my jeans on, a bend-over test in front of the mirror revealed a strip of blue and white plastic and fragments of a couple of the signature monster characters. But there was nothing to be done about it - I pulled a hoodie on over the onesie, I hiked my jeans up as high as they could go, and I had to trust that, as has been my observation so far, nobody would really pay much attention to the back of my jeans. 

Whereas the dressers were the first things to go into the truck, they were, of course, the last things to come out, and by the time the exhausting day was drawing to a close, that diaper was notably weighty, but I didn't even care anymore. I unceremoniously stepped out of my jeans, got ready for bed in just that saggy diaper, and dropped into bed. However, I was, uncharacteristically, awoken a couple of hours later by a need to pee, and, and this was probably fortuitous, because I'm not sure Rearz intends Monsters for 20 hours of use. So, reluctantly, I got up, took a shower, and got a new diaper on, another of the same, which I am still wearing now... I think that was 4 AM so this one has 10 hours on it, and it's holding up pretty well. I always considered these to be 8-hour diapers, but, they seem to be willing to punch above their weight. 

Congratulations on completion of one of life’s most difficult tasks.

I’ve cheated a bit.  I already own my next home so when it comes time to move there, I can do so in a slovenly, multi-day fashion rather than the frenetic day-from-hell that we are more used to.

I'll probably move my own nappies in my SUV, setting up shop in advance of the main move to make for less embarassing house inspections (there are a LOT of nappies in the walk in robe) and to get some renovation pre-work done before the lady of the house arrives.

From a strictly logical perspective, organising the parental sleeping infrastructure to come off the truck last probably wasn’t a bad call.  Second last should have been the beer fridge: lest the siren song of beer and bed distract us from the task at hand.

Currently, I am moving to a new PC, kind of a virtual task move.  It’s taken more than a day…

On 10/27/2020 at 8:23 AM, oznl said:

Currently, I am moving to a new PC, kind of a virtual task move.  It’s taken more than a day…

That can be stressful as well; in my case, anyway, my hard drive has become an endless, cavernous basement that hasn't ever been cleaned. I keep dumping the contents of my phone's photo album into it, and then going and taking 4000 more pictures of everything from my kids to beer & wine labels to screen shots of maps, that flap in the toilet tank, etc, etc, and then saving them for all eternity. 

Moving as a denizen of the diaper community presents its own challenges, and they continue to surface in unexpected ways. My in-laws are staying with us to "help", which mostly consists of questioning what we are doing and the order in which we are doing it, and making asinine suggestions. However, my father-in-law likes to wander and look for things to do, and of course, I have four large boxes of diapers still in the basement at my old house, which I haven't moved yet because they won't all fit into my car, and my truck has an open bed, and it's rained almost every day since we started on this project. So I'm waiting for them to all arrive in his van and him to come into the house and ask my wife "What are you doing with all these diapers?!?" 

In that same vein, we haven't established a cohesive trash system at the new house yet, so we are tending to put garbage into bags and take it back to the old house, where we have our outdoor trash cans, because there's still a lot of trash there (my wife would probably call it "belongings"...). All of which leads to a translucent white garbage bag from our ensuite bathroom landing, tied up, in the hall on the main floor of the new house, with the plastic shell of a printed diaper (A Rearz Lil' Monster) showing through, very visibly, at least to my eye, when I walked by it at roughly 10 PM, which suggested to me that it had been there for a good part of the day. Now, my in-laws are not very observant, as far as I can tell, so, it's likely that they didn't know what it was and didn't care, but my kids have keen eyes and are very curious. It didn't look like anyone delved into the contents of the bag - it was still tied up tightly - but, still, its prolonged presence there is a procedural failure that must be addressed.

Quick update; it's been a very busy last few days. I gave into my misgivings this past weekend and elected to wear a low-end diaper, because of its slimness, and as a result I paid the price. Background - my in-laws stayed over for a few days to assist us with packing up for the move, and I always get a bit self-conscious about wearing around them. I was going to be working in close proximity to my father-in-law, bending and lifting, etc, and I made an impulsive last-minute decision to go with a Depends, because it's plastic but its pretty slim, and I thought I would only be in it for two or three hours. Out of an abundance of caution, I elected to put some plastic pants over it, because they don't add much to the bulk, and they add an extra layer of protection. Well, fast-forward about 5 hours later, everything has taken longer than I thought it would, and I have just parted ways with my father-in-law, and I have to make a quick stop at a building store. I was concerned about where I was on my diaper capacity, so I had been, uncharacteristically, holding it for the previous 45 minutes or so, but when I started driving, I started paying attention to the road and stopped paying attention to "background systems" - breathing, blinking, and, of course, elimination systems. So things reverted to their normal mode of operation... and I started dribbling into my diaper.

I pulled into the store parking lot, maybe 20 minutes left until they close... and I realized that I was a bit wet. But how wet? I stepped out of the car... the, thankfully, leather seat was wet. A quick feel check of the derrière revealed two saucer-sized wet patches at the tops of my thighs. I actually walked around the car and got back into it... but, no, I needed what I was there to get. I needed it tonight. Goddamn. It was raining lightly, and the vehicle was wet, so, anyone watching the parking lot might have witnessed the curious sight of a man repeatedly sitting on the back bumper of an SUV, in the rain, and then feeling his butt. It only partially worked - I did create some more damp spots back there, but none could compete in size or saturation with the two spots where my plastic pants let go. But there was nothing more for it - I had to get into that store. I walked in, found what I needed, and heard the announcement that the store was closing as I walked toward the cash... and found myself in a socially-distanced queue with markers on the floor every 6 feet. I was behind a few people, and, a few people ended up behind me, with a nice wide-angle shot, assuming they were paying attention, which, I imagine, they probably weren't. Most people's perception of what they were looking at would probably be of a guy who came in from the rain in pants that were damp at the back, maybe from rubbing up against a vehicle or whatever. But, if anyone behind me had young children, they might be more likely to recognize the signature pattern of a lower rear diaper failure at the leg gathers. 

Having escaped the building store, my next errand was to a pharmacy in my neighbourhood where the pharmacist, among others, knows me, so, I diverted to the old house, where I still have laundry equipment, a few odds and ends of clothing, and, a couple of boxes of diapers. I took off my jeans, rinsed the rear out, rinsed the plastic pants, fired both in the dryer, tossed the diaper, dug out a Play Dayz, put it on, and then went looking for something I could wear over it... and found only athletic shorts (it was about -2 outside), or... surgical scrubs from a Halloween costume. Well, it was a day before Halloween, however curtailed it might be by the pandemic... so, scrubs it would be. I pulled them on, and had a look in the mirror... a bit lumpy, maybe, but, the Play Dayz are quiet, and, I didn't think anyone would pay much attention. I jumped back in the car, hit the pharmacy without incident, got back to the house, and was able to put on my mostly-dry jeans before going to pick my daughter up... that last part was critical because had she seen me arrive in scrubs, there would have been questions. 

Once again, store-bought diapers lived up to their promise not to live up to their promises. You'd think I would have learned by now. 

7 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I made an impulsive last-minute decision to go with a Depends, because it's plastic but its pretty slim, and I thought I would only be in it for two or three hours. Out of an abundance of caution, I elected to put some plastic pants over it, because they don't add much to the bulk, and they add an extra layer of protection.

One would imagine that courageous and insightful marketeers of Kimberley Clark called them “Depends” to reflect the kind of surety and reliability that their users could expect of them.

My very limited experience suggests they are called “Depends” because of the highly conditional nature of their efficacy.

Will they work?  It depends…

• Haha 1

Quick update... I'm in an interminable meeting right now but I have to pay attention with one ear in case anything comes up that I might want to speak to. They've scheduled intermittent "bio breaks", which, of course, I don't need to avail myself of... usually. However, I am paying closer attention than usual to my emissions and the climate in my nether zone, because my wife is conducting tours of the new house for her friends, where I am currently located and installed as a living exhibit of "man in a Zoom call" in the ground-floor office. I'm wearing dress pants and a shirt, which is uncommon 2020 wear. So, I put on a Play Dayz, because they're stone-quiet, and relatively slim, but they're also not what I usually drive, so I'm tending to be a bit more careful. 

I look forward to tomorrow, when we have the house to ourselves for most of the day, and I can hang around in one of my bigger overnight diapers until the kids get home from school, and generally not give any thought to my diaper, other than to occasionally marvel, as I sometimes do, that I have somehow arrived at a point in life where I "wear diapers" again.

I'd have to dig back in here and find my precise start date, but a quick review of the calendar suggests that, based on commencing this journey at the end of March, 2019, which is a pretty close guess, I have been in diapers continually for 582 days. I wore diapers to bed pretty religiously for at least a year prior to that, but my day wear was intermittent and rarely consecutive, back then, so I tend to consider my true start date as being when I went 24/7, intending to do it for a weekend, then a week, and, so far, I haven't gone back. 

Quick question that I'll throw out to the Diaperverse: where do you folks buy your onesies? By "onesie", I mean a diaper shirt - a t-shirt with a snap lower half. I've identified that I need a bunch more of these if I intend to continue daytime operating primarily in true ABDL plastic diapers. Right now I'm working from home 100% of the time and so I only worry about diaper stealth when I'm out running errands or for socializing, and my current stock (5) is sufficient. But if I'm going to wear them ALL the time - to work, to the gym, out for drinks - then I'll need more. My go-to is Rearz, but they're not cheap - I would love to find a source for them at, say, $15 each or something, and I'd buy 10. 

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Quick question that I'll throw out to the Diaperverse: where do you folks buy your onesies? By "onesie", I mean a diaper shirt - a t-shirt with a snap lower half. I've identified that I need a bunch more of these if I intend to continue daytime operating primarily in true ABDL plastic diapers. Right now I'm working from home 100% of the time and so I only worry about diaper stealth when I'm out running errands or for socializing, and my current stock (5) is sufficient. But if I'm going to wear them ALL the time - to work, to the gym, out for drinks - then I'll need more. My go-to is Rearz, but they're not cheap - I would love to find a source for them at, say, $15 each or something, and I'd buy 10. 

I've recently tried a few as my wife didn't bat an eyelid when she folded one up for me a few months ago (I left it out as a test to see her reaction).

Tykables Snappies. They aren't cheap, but they are SO soft and comfortable, also, the snaps are slightly further forwards than other makes so it makes it easier to do them up yourself without having to perform yoga as some seem to want you to do. 

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I have a couple but they are just too hot most of the year here.  I use my black coloured compression pants (shapewear).  They are very high rise and just look like underwear if glimpsed.  They have loads of elastic (compression) so don't seem to ride down below my nappy.  They are also dirt cheap and uncontroversial on a washing line.

I think they are "Babykins" (so Canadian anyway) but I'm told Littles Downunder do them here.

They do seem to have realised they have a captive market and prices for adult sized onesies is high :( I have bought all mine on ebay so far. Some come from China and some from small uk family businesses who make them but they are still expensive. Not a cheap business.  Hope to treat myself to some Tykables for Christmas.

I just had a look on Amazon; the pricing is in line with Rearz. I can get free delivery from Amazon, but I can pick up at Rearz, and I trust them, because I have a few of theirs already, so that tends to throw the vote in their favour. 

Speaking of Rearz, I went with a Barnyard last night after the kids went to bed, and I'm still in it so far, at 20 minutes to 2:00 - I think I'll probably have this on until they get home at 3:00, and I'll have to select something with a little more stealth, probably a Lil' Monster in medium size, which will carry me through until it's time to get ready for bed again. These Barnyards, like the Elite's, generally have more capacity than I can actually use - I would need about 20 hours in the saddle to push one of these past their limits, I think. If I threw a booster or a toddler diaper into it, I could go for 24 hours between changes, although I'd either have to start wearing clown pants, or accept that I'm going to look like I have an overweight cat stuffed down my trousers for the last 8 hours of every shift.

Back when one could cross the border, I could have driven to Florida in one of these, although that's not actually something I've ever done - since I put myself back in diapers, I've flown a few places, but the only cross-border driving I've done has been to the airport in Detroit, about 3.5 hours away. I've done that in a diaper that I originally put on in Florida, but, the flight was only 2.5 hours, so that combined with the drive still does not qualify as a marathon stretch. I couldn't even drink much in the lounge or on the flight, because of the fact I had to embark on a 350 kilometer drive shortly after landing.

Actually, now that I think about it, I do have to retract my earlier statement about not having done the drive to Florida in a diaper - I, myself, have never actually driven it, but as a kid, sitting in the back of my parents' various station wagons - I recall a Dodge Aspen, and a Buick Electra, among others - I did the trip a few times, and for most of those, I had a diaper on - I think maybe in the latter years when I was 8 or 9, my parents started letting me wear underwear for the daytime portion of the trip, once I'd demonstrated that if I did take brief naps, I wasn't likely to flood my seat anymore. I recall the stress of being lead into the ladies' washroom by the hand, after dinner, to have a diaper put on while standing, although for the most part those small gas station/restaurant bathrooms were "single shooters" so there was no danger of anyone else walking in. "Family bathrooms" did not exist yet. 

I'm convinced that I typed something here that subsequently disappeared, but perhaps I didn't click on "submit" before I logged out... anyway, nothing deeply fascinating, I was just remarking that my diaper learning curve continues. I got called out at the last minute to meet my wife at a friend-of-a-friend's place to pick up some bookshelves in my pickup truck, it was all very "has-to-happen-now", and it was 40 minutes away, so I jumped into my truck and headed out before stopping to consider that I was in a Rearz Barnyard, a big diaper for public wear. It was at well below 50% of capacity so I felt I could be reasonably assured of it not being too obvious, and anyway, the shelves were supposed to be in a garage, so picking them up would be quick. 

Well, the shelves were not in a garage, they were in a basement, needed to be taken apart, and everything had to be transferred up two staircases and then into my truck... The up-down, up-down, jumping in and out of the truck's bed process started having an effect on the Barnyard - some of you have presumably seen the Pampers Cruisers commercial from earlier this year where they were talking about how they had redesigned the polymer so that it was locked more into place within the diaper, confined to tubular cells, so that it wouldn't sag as much as it got wet, eliminating the signature "cowboy walk" that can come from being in a diaper for a long period of time. Well, that NASA-level of technology hasn't reached Rearz yet (although the Barnyards are a great diaper, don't get me wrong), so the stuffing, with the jumping and climbing, migrated to between my legs, to the point where it felt like I had about a 5-lb wet towel stuffed down there, and my gait was definitely showing it at least a bit. My wife gave me lower regions a pensive look at one point. I was indeed doing a bit of a cowboy walk over the last few trips up to the truck. 

f you buy.in bulk 15 or more regardless of colors , you get completely made to order dissing and options for customization, i.haveover 400 and have gotten discounts or 5-20 off each onesie , s

I love Babykins!

Mmy diapers and pants are Angelfluff/Gary but I didn't like there onesies,

I'll have to check that out, @Cruiser 03 - thanks for the tip. 

I had a very interesting and unexpected conversation with my sister yesterday that kind of came out of nowhere. I'm not generally a very "mystical" person, but I found myself pondering the concept espoused in some books and belief systems that if you "put something out into the universe, sometimes you get an answer." Or, this could also be explained by the much less mystical concept of confirmation bias. Look for something and you'll probably find it... Anyway, I spoke here a while ago about wanting to have further conversations with my mom and my sister about their recollections around the period of my development that Freud would probably say I'm stuck in - the fairly long stretch of my childhood when I wore diapers some of the time. A couple of you warned me to tread lightly, because you can't un-ring some bells, as it were, and I heeded that advice, but, still, I have long wondered what, if anything, my sister in particular recalled about that era. But there's no easy way to bring it up without eliciting strange glances.

Enter the powers of fate, stage left. My sister called me and asked me to come over and consult with her on what kid of flooring she should put on the upper level of her house; I'm not a contractor but I have put in several floors in my own houses and for friends over the years, and she wanted to know if she should go with hardwood, laminate, engineered, vinyl etc. So I was looking around her upstairs, and she opened their linen closet for me so I could have a look at if trimming it out would present any challenges, and when she did, she reached in and fished out a partial bag of pull-ups, and asked me if we could use them - her kids are older than mine and presumably no longer using nighttime protection. These were "male-themed" pull-ups in a size that would probably fit my younger daughter, but, she's largely been done with pull-ups for a couple of years now, so I said that I didn't think I'd have much use for them, but, I couldn't help but use the moment to try gently touching on the topic, since it was already hanging in the air, so to speak. 

SO I said that, happily, my youngest had outgrown bedwetting, finally, but that she more or less came by it honestly, given my history with it, and that we were worried for a while that she'd be stuck in pull-ups for a long time, given my history. She laughed and said that she had the same thought about her son, and I said, well, I guess it runs in the family, but at least now there were readily available options, and that the modern era took a much healthier "no-fault" approach to these things. That's when she opened up a bit more, and said something that really caught my attention - she said (and I'm paraphrasing a bit here): "Yeah, I can't believe they [our parents] made you wear diapers for so long - it must have been embarrassing."

Which is a bit rich, coming from her - she used to like to make it embarrassing - she needled me about it way more than my brother did, although, that might have been more a reflection of the fact that she was older than me, and a girl, so I couldn't take my frustrations out on her, whereas my younger brother would have been in more danger of a physical altercation taking place, had he engaged me on it very often. 

I shrugged and said "Well, there wasn't much they could do - pull-ups didn't exist, back then. They did their best not to make it embarrassing." To which she said "No, I think they did try to make it embarrassing - I think they thought that you'd outgrow it faster." Well, I was fascinated by that observation - I really had no idea what her thoughts were on it, we've literally never spoken about it up to now. So, rather than arguing, I said "How so?"

And she presented more or less an accurate recounting of the era, but from a different perspective. She said "Well, when Thomas [her younger son] was wearing pull-ups, they went on pretty much right before he got into bed, whereas they had you in diapers for half the day sometimes. And they made you wear them in the car." I was a bit dumbfounded when she said this, and I said "So you think that they were TRYING to embarrass me?"

She said "I know they were. They talked about it. They thought that you might never get out of them - they thought you were being lazy, basically, which I know, now, was totally not the case. They thought maybe you liked wearing diapers, so they figured that if you had to wear them when you were around other people, that you'd outgrow them faster."

I was pretty much thunderstruck - it was a lot to process, IS still a lot to process. She had in the space of 30 seconds, suggested that, first, my parents had actually set out to embarrass me, and, second, that they might have had some inkling back then that I actually LIKED being in diapers. This ran completely contrary to my recollections; as I have recounted here many times, I didn't think I was ever punished for, or with, wearing diapers. My parents were very "matter-of-fact" about it, and I used to sometimes wish they'd be more discrete if we were staying with relatives or had people over, and not leave diapers sitting on the bathroom counter or on my dresser or whatever, and I didn't like arriving at people's houses with a diaper already on, I always felt like my lower half had a spotlight on it for the rest of the night - but they were never punitive about it, never said "Stop wetting your bed or you'll have to wear a diaper to aunty-so-and-so's place at Christmas" or anything remotely like that. But then again, they also never asked my opinion about it, either - wearing a diaper under some circumstances was as inescapable as gravity. They were not going to deal with a desecrated bed at a relative's house, or at a hotel.  

But were they being deliberate, or just insensitive? Did they think that I liked wearing diapers? DID I like wearing diapers? Even now, I can't fully answer that question - I mean obviously, look at me, I'm in my 40's, sitting here in a printed plastic diaper, engaging in self-therapy on the topic in essentially a public forum, so, yes, these days, I definitely DO like wearing diapers. But did I like wearing them, back then? My memories of it are so polluted with anxiety, it's hard to say. I was definitely deeply fascinated, as I have said before, with other kids who wore diapers like I did - I know that even in the early single-digit ages, I already had at least a bit of a DL's mindset. Did I like the feel, the reassurance, the comfort, the protection, of a diaper, in the privacy of my mind, lying in bed, or watching TV on the living room floor? Realistically, probably, yes. But did I like the anxiety, the shame, the humiliation that sometimes came along with needing to be in diapers? No. 

• Like 1