LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

Made beer last night and badly abused one of my gym diapers. I should have been in something better, but we had people over for dinner and then two buddies came over to brew, and I prioritized visual discretion over performance. I paid for that with a loss of visual discretion, via press-out leaks on the back of my thighs when I sat on a bar stool. Thankfully, it was right around the time to set up the chiller, and I use the warm effluent from that process to rinse stuff off, so I went out and got myself somewhat sprayed, so that if anyone noticed the dampness of my jeans, they'd likely attribute it to working with a hose, and not an overwhelmed diaper. 

My mother-in-law has been staying with us for the last few days, leaving this evening, thankfully. Her presence disrupts my routines, because I can't just walk down to the kitchen and get a cup of coffee in a big crinkly diaper under athletic pants, as I usually would. I have to switch to a "day-weight" diaper and daytime clothing right away, which often means discarding my overnight diaper when it still had some, or even plenty, of capacity left. Sigh. Tonight I'll put on a Mermaid Tale or something like that, and stay in it until tomorrow afternoon, and right the scales. 

• Like 2

I hit traffic on the way to the bathroom this morning. My usual routine is, my alarm goes off, I get up, waddle over to the bathroom, unclip my pacifier and rinse it off, wash my face, then I back over to my side of the bed, pull on track pants or shorts or whatever matches the weather, and take the dog out for his morning constitutional, first thing, because once one of us wakes up, he starts pacing around anxiously. He's an old man so I don't blame him. 

This morning, because her parents are here, my wife  planned to get up and make breakfast for them. I had thought that they were leaving yesterday, but no, my father-in-law came to pick up his wife, but then decided to stay over and leave this morning. Ergo, no Mermaid Tale is in effect. Although I did wear a Bambino Skooldoodles to bed last night. I slept like a rock and woke up wet. I didn't want to change it yet - I could probably still have worn it for part of the morning - but with my in-laws around, I feel a bit less comfortable in a big crinkly diaper.

However, as I rounded the corner of the bed to go into the washroom, my wife stood up out of bed and put her hand out like a traffic cop. I stopped. The she pointed to my equatorial zone and said one word. "Diapers." Then she proceeded into the bathroom and locked the door. I believe what she meant to indicate is, people wearing diapers do not have priority for the bathroom. Fair enough. I deposited my paci on my bedside table, looked out the window, thought it looked nice enough out there, and went with an oversized pair of cargo shorts, all the better to mingle with my extended family in the big ABDL diaper that I hadn't intended to wear downstairs. Sometimes we must pivot. I believe they call it "agile" in business circles. 

Once I got outside with the dog, I realized that looks can be deceiving. It was like 9 degrees C (48 F). However, if it ever gets to 9 C in March, I'd be outside in a t-shirt, washing the car, so... might enjoy this while we have it. Soon enough, -9 will be "not a bad day" if it's sunny. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

However, as I rounded the corner of the bed to go into the washroom, my wife stood up out of bed and put her hand out like a traffic cop. I stopped. The she pointed to my equatorial zone and said one word. "Diapers." Then she proceeded into the bathroom and locked the door. I believe what she meant to indicate is, people wearing diapers do not have priority for the bathroom.

That's like that at home for me. Being kept in diapers all the time, people who are potty trained have priority to use the bathroom.

• Like 2

Well, my wife sometimes goes weeks without mentioning the "d" word, and then sometimes my infantile underwear comes up almost on a daily basis. I used to cringe a bit when she mentioned my diapers, and then I got to the point where I mildly enjoyed it... I wouldn't deliberately set out to get her to bring them up, because my wife is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get... funny wisecrack, caring inquiry, or withering sarcasm? But, if it happened, I didn't mind. It was a bit affirming, at least when it went well. 

Her increasing willingness to talk about them the way we talk about, say, the groceries, has had the effect of bolstering my confidence in her belief that "this" is the new normal. That impression was further buttressed yesterday, when she was mulling over a vacation she wants to book to somewhere tropical. I've been on-again, off-again about it, because I have elderly parents, and, an elderly dog, both of whom took a sudden turn towards the great divide, and then seemingly changed their minds recently. So I sort of feel like I would be tempting the fates in booking an equatorial getaway. Also, things are expensive this year, and I've already spent a bundle on travel. 

I've discussed before how I used to look forward to getting away, or sending my family away for a few days, so that I could get some diaper time, and how that's not a factor anymore. All the time is diaper time. So I wasn't really looking forward to them going and my staying home, and it seems like my wife wasn't, either, because she looked into booking a second hotel room, in the hopes of tempting me to join them. With the adjoining room, my kids would have their own space, which, for me (and presumably for them) is ideal. This was never specifically about my being in diapers, per se, because the kids (teenagers now) know I wear diapers, but, that doesn't mean I want to flaunt it, so having our own spaces makes things a bit less logistically complicated. It would also allow me to sleep with a pacifier... not sure where I am on doing that while sharing a room with someone other than my wife. I omitted it for my trip to the UK, but, it's my wife who specifically gets driven nuts by the noises I make with my teeth when I don't use a soother. 

In encapsulating the changes she's made to the booking, my wife said "I figured you might have some concerns about wearing diapers on the trip, and having a second room would help. Are you worried about the heat at all?"

Me: "With respect to wearing diapers? Not in particular - I wear them here in the summer and we sometimes see the same temperatures."

Her: "What about when we're on the beach - are you going to bring swimming diapers?"

Now, this question betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of the role that swimming diapers play. But I was again intrigued by the possibilities... what if I got myself some swim diapers? Although I went down that what-if rabbit hole this past summer, and my research at the time indicated that, in addition to being useless, they wouldn't be particularly fun to wear, looking, as they do, like pull-ups stolen from a palliative care ward. Maybe if I liked them, I'd wear them just for fun, and because being diapered is kind of my "religion", but as it is, I'd rather just wear a diaper under my bathing suit, and dispense with it for time spent in the ocean. 

But her line of inquiry was a bit touching. She wants me to come on this trip, thinks that wearing diapers could be an impediment, and is trying to make me feel comfortable about wearing them, rather than, say, telling me that this is stupid, and why can't I just take break from all this and dress like an adult under my clothes for a week? 

• Like 4
On 10/2/2020 at 5:32 PM, Little Sherri said:

Thanks, @Stroller. She's been living with it since basically the end of March 2019, but I don't think she knew I was in diapers all the time; I started out by telling her that I was wearing them to bed, and then I started stretching out how long I was conspicuously in them in the morning, and then how early I was "getting ready for bed", to the point where she knew I was in diapers (on the days I worked from home) until mid-day, and she knew I put another one on as soon as I got home from the gym at around 9 PM. I had one on in between those hours as well, but I went with a slim one and wasn't obvious about it. 

In July we went to Europe and I packed only diapers, but, sharing a hotel room with the kids, I wasn't walking around half clothed, so I don't know if she realized what I had on during the day. 

Then - I'd have to look back in this thread to recall exactly when, but at some point after the kids went back to school and it was just her and I during the day - I decided, oh what the hell, and although I didn't explicitly say or announce anything, a couple of times late in the afternoon when I was getting changed out of my work clothes, and she was there, I just dropped my drawers and walked around our room in whatever diaper I had on. 

But from them until now, I pretty much just got a "I'm putting up with this" vibe from her. So her joking around and talking more openly about it over the last couple of weeks may be a sign that she has, as you said, accepted it, and that she's okay living with it. That, or she's bumped my life insurance up, and has started putting glass in my omelets. 

Glass in omelettes?

• Like 1

I received a sample of NorthShore Supreme Lite Briefs this past week. I was curious about them, because so far I have had good experiences with NorthShore products, and, these come in at a reasonable price point - about $2.50 CAD per diaper, if bought by the case. These claim to be a "daytime-weight" diaper, and I wanted to find out if they'd be an alternative to some of my other daytime products, such as Rearz' Lil' Monsters, the price of which is about a dollar more per unit. 

They're a bit less bulky than a Lil' Monster or Lil' Splash, and seem to also hold a bit less, although they do a better job of distributing their contents, so that more of the stuffing gets used before some part of the diaper has exceeded capacity and press-out leaks start. However, they're very comfortable, and quite slim-fitting, while also not being prone to the same level of swelling that their athletic older sibling, the MegaMax, exhibits. I wore one to bed last night and wet it at some point during my slumber, and it held up pretty well. I wore plastic pants over it, because they aren't intended to be an overnight product, but the plastic pants did not come into play. 

Downsides include the "tab on a tab" fastening system, seemingly identical to BetterDry and ComfiDry, which I like less than having a "landing zone", because you only get one mulligan on the fit. They also only come in purple right now, which I'm fine with, I guess, but I wouldn't mind if they had a white option - it's sort of interesting that they don't, because most other NorthShore products come primarily, or only, in white. These used to also come in green, but that option has apparently been discontinued. 

So, the question these diapers raise is, do I have a need or a desire to add essentially a fourth tier to my arsenal? Right now, I have what you could call a three-tier system, consisting of slim gym diapers that are only good for a couple of hours, medium-duty daytime diapers that I can get 8 hours out of, and then, the heavy-duty dreadnaught class of products that I can wear for 12-16 hours, but only if I'm not planning on going out in public. 

These would be kind of an El Camino-class, holding more than my subcompact gym diapers, but less than my half-ton pickup daytime diapers, and much less than my 1-ton super-duty nighttime diapers. And, will my wife kill me if I add any more diapers to our basement...

• Like 1

Always space for something slim and good. I generally have to go pull up if i want undetectable and still maintain my only wearing nappies lifestyle. We don't get a lot of Northshore gear in the UK, so havent seen those, neither have i yet to sample the delights of "Barry"

As for the trip planning, i did go "awww" at your good ladies helpful thoughts and swim diaper misunderstanding.

• Like 2

I've wet the bed (or rather, the nappy) a couple of times in the last few days, so this has become less surprising. What is surprising is the fact that as I type this... and view discretion is advised, bit of a TMI moment coming up... I have a small amount of #2 in my slightly wet Rearz Select. Normally, I would wear a diaper this dry for a few more hours at least, but the presence of the unexpected addition negates that possibility. I can squish around the house for another half hour or and hour, but sooner or later I'll have to get out of this, both for the sake of my skin, and for the sake of my marriage. 

How did I get to this juncture? It began like many of the pee dreams I have had... I was in a dreamscape, visiting some outdoor destination - we were standing in a field looking at something, maybe graves or, I don't know, ancient stones. We were far away from any facilities, when I suddenly felt like I had to go to the bathroom. I looked around, and there was nowhere I could have gone. The only option would have been to end the excursion for the entire group, which felt like a bus load of people, although there were no busses around, so maybe we'd walked a considerably distance or something. It was a dream, and dreams often don't subscribe to plot consistency, or logic. Anyway, I had "the epiphany" that I sometimes have in such dreams (and once in a while, in real life), that, hey, I'm wearing a diaper, so the time it will take to get to a washroom is immaterial to me. Washrooms aren't for people who wear diapers. So I looked around, and somewhat self-consciously, allowed myself to push out a little #2. 

The act of doing that generated sensations that I am unfamiliar with, while lying in bed, so the cockpit lit up with warnings, and I woke up, to find myself at 4 am with the feeling that I'd sat on a golf ball. My bladder, meanwhile, was still draining lightly. I considered my predicament, and decided that taking a shower would wake up my spouse, who would wonder what the hell was going on that had me in the shower at 4 am on a Sunday morning. So I went back to sleep, which doesn't seem like the best idea now, but seemed entirely rational at that time in the morning. 

Here I sit, 5 hours later, planning out my day, and waiting for my wife to be finished in the bathroom, so that I can go taint the air in there with an unexpected cleanup project. Strange. I have not read a lot about bed-messing here, but I would note that it pretty much NEVER happened to me before I wore diapers (outside of say, having food poisoning), and, now, it's happened a couple of times. It's still a vanishingly rare phenomenon, but, it is a phenomenon, apparently? 

Note as well that I normally don't use my baby pants for #2, and, I have had zero issues with control in that department. Except for the above-mentioned phenomenon. 

A perplexing dilemma.

I myself have had no incidents of “bed-loading”.  There have certainly been “disturbances in the force” with respect to timing and urgency but nothing overnight to speak of. 

Peeling off a wet nappy in the morning is utterly routine and whether or not I was awake for wetting it is kind of neither here nor there.

Waking up a full nappy is going to give me not one, but TWO significant challenges.  Firstly, the clean-up which I know will be longer and more difficult and secondly (and this is probably the killer here), a spouse on the warpath.

I *have* become more cautious and more careful in managing #2 but its more about avoiding the increased daytime urgency and consequential elevated accident risk.  If anything, things tend to go quiet on the Western Front after dark. 

You've already had one such incident before.  Perhaps your subconscious has decided to up the ante?

I haven't experienced anything like that myself.

I am unsure if it is the stage of the journey that I am on at the moment (2 year anniversary just gone) but I don't get any pee dreams at all.

In fact all the pee dreams that I used to get, such as being desperate to go and unable to find a toilet or the toilet was in the middle of people or transparent (or other weirdness!) have all gone away....

7 hours ago, oznl said:

Perhaps your subconscious has decided to up the ante?

I'm wondering about this as well, because here's the thing - I didn't really need to go. It's not like I woke up and desperately needed to hit the porcelain throne to finish the task. I rolled over and went back to sleep, and then got up and hours later had a couple of coffees and read the paper and eventually sauntered over to the washroom for act 1 of what is, on most days, a 2-act play. Barring a bad reaction to a curry, I'm usually like clockwork in that department, and when I'm travelling, for example, I can go 24 or 36 hours in the service of avoiding sitting on questionable airport or gas station toilets. 

All of this is mildly worrisome, because had that happened, say, when I was sharing hotel rooms with my buddies, that would have been DEEPLY inconvenient. I do not want a laissez-faire approach to #1 emissions to bleed over into the #2 department's corporate philosophy. But, two dots on a graph do not a trend make. 

In other news, I'm sitting here in an ABU AlphaGator that I've been in since a couple of hours before I went to bed, once again marveling at how comfortable a diaper this is. Although it's a bit of a novelty diaper, looking as it does like a Pampers product from the mid 2000's, this is a well constructed, serious product. Having recently watched a short piece on ABU, I now have a better understanding why: the guy who runs it is ABDL and wears diapers 24/7. Ergo, he understands what "we" are looking for in a product, and that it can't just be about cuteness. Leaks are not cute. It's a shame that these things cost $6 CAD each. If they have a Black Friday sale, I will buy some more. 

I recall reading somewhere that one of the guys who runs the company that makes BetterDry is incontinent and wears his products to work on the daily, as well. Presumably, nobody working at FitRight or Tena has ever test-driven one of their products for more than 30 minutes before proclaiming victory. 

• Like 1

I wore a Mermaid Tale form about 8 PM last night, and I'm still in it this morning. As seems to be the case for a lot of people in my shoes, the whole bedwetting phenomenon is as unpredictable as ever; I woke up last night lying on my back with a notable urge to go, which of course I followed up on, although this frustrates me, because I've had this discussion with middle management many times - they do not have to call the executive suites before commencing emissions overnight. Sometimes they listen, more often, they don't.

The interesting part, though, is this: when I woke up, I was already on my back. I sleep on my tummy or slightly on my side almost all the time, and I've been mildly curious as to why I don't have very many leaks on the infrequent-but-becoming-more-frequent occasions where I wet unconsciously overnight. When I wet deliberately, I generally roll over onto my back, and make sure "Mr. Happy" is pointed downward, in the service of employing the vast and underutilized acreage of stuffing and polymer that is covering my ample derrière. 

A number of you that I have spoken with employ plastic pants or wear cloth diapers to bed, precisely because disposables are notoriously unreliable for side-sleepers, and, I have had the experience of wetting over the front of my diaper, and having to change the sheets, when wetting why lying on my tummy a few times perhaps, but the frequency of this is low in the grand scheme of things. And I've had almost no side leaks - maybe one or two at most. 

Waking up last night needing to pee and already on my back suggests to me why this is the case: it strikes me that when I wet the bed, even if I have no recollection of it, I must tend to roll onto my back first? Or else, why so few side or front leaks? It's also possible that maybe I just pee less when I'm sleeping - that's the way it's supposed to work - but, that said, I have on occasion woken up in a diaper that's remarkably wetter than it was when I went to bed. Maybe that's the work of two or more incidents; it's hard to say. 

It's a believable premise, because, for males of the species who's equipment works normally, typically when in the throws of truly deep sleep, "Mr. Happy" tends to stand at attention, due to the relaxation of muscles that typically choke off blood flow to the inner balloons that perform this trick. Ergo, it's very hard to pee while in really deep sleep. Once you start ascending from the depths, the equipment stands down, and then it's easier to release. So getting to the point where my subconscious has command of enough cooperating motor neurons to execute a roll seems plausible. 

One related question that occurs to me is this: maybe I need to do more research, because it's been a while since I brushed up on my brain wave knowledge, but, if memory serves me, dreams tend to occur during the deepest sleep, when sleep paralysis takes hold. I remember watching videos in university of cats that had the sleep paralysis zone deactivated, and they ran around acting out their dreams. However, like many of us, I have had a number of fairly vivid pee dreams, where I'm in some situation and need to pee, and I end up doing so, with the state of my diaper providing mute testimony to this. 

Which raises this question: if when I'm dreaming, I'm in the deepest sleep, and Mr. Happy is most likely to be standing at attention (for anyone out there not so equipped, I'll provide this background info: it is very hard to pee while erect, nearly impossible, because there is a two-way valve down there that switches over to allow the flow of the non-urinary outputs under such circumstances), and I'm usually lying on my tummy, how is it that I'm managing to get over onto my back, and, to pee, while in the midst of a vivid dream? Or can dreams continue as one ascends from the deepest of brainwave depths, allowing the show to continue while the body attains mobility? 

My wife frequently talks in her sleep, which presumably is happening during a dream (often centered on an argument with an intransigent customer service department of some sort), and that involves fairly intricate motor control, so, obviously, it is possible to attain some motor control while still dreaming. Is my rolling over and wetting my diaper and then rolling back onto my tummy again, basically my version of talking in my sleep?

In an unrelated topic, my wife found diaper cream on sale and bought me two tubs of it again. I'm always touched when she does that; it feels like an affirmation of her continuing support, and suggests that she's not betting on "this" going away anytime soon. 

• Like 2

An addendum to the above: I'm still in this Mermaid Tale, so that's over 16 hours now. It was a fairly dry night, but still... these things are pretty decent. No press-out leaks so far. I do have to admit to deciding to lie on the floor for a post-coffee release that I thought might be too much for the well-used core to take. It worked perfectly and the diaper is wet most of the way around the back. I walked into the house to get some soup and I *believe* (this might be wishful thinking) that my wife paused to consider the puffiness of my outline at the back. She was talking as I walked past her in the hall, and as I walked away, her words halted and then restarted, as though she thinking of commenting and then decided not to. 

"Do you have a USB stick that I could give to... (pause....) uh, yeah, a USB stick to give to the accountant?" 

• Like 2

Well, I pushed that Mermaid Tale to failure and it cost me a golf shirt. It wasn't very long after I typed the above; maybe 1:30 or so, when I noted a slight dampness around my tummy and quickly confirmed that I'd leaked over the top of the Tale, which had slid down a bit at the front while I was sitting forward in my office chair looking through some drawings. At the same time, it also leaked a little bit at both thighs, which was less consequential because I was only wearing the diaper, and my office chair is easily wiped off. It was interesting to me, though, that it had held up so well, and then it blew out simultaneously in three spots with the addition of a small amount of liquid. It truly was at maximum capacity when I penned the above, but I just didn't want to say goodbye to it, because it was so comfortable. 

I went from that to the opposite end of the spectrum, one of the emergency backup diapers that I keep in my office, a Tena bought probably a couple of years ago - it's been a long time since I bought any Tena products in a store. Maybe they make better commercial products - I do see people here in them from time to time - but, their retail products are abysmal. It only needed to last me long enough to get through a couple of meetings, and then I went inside and changed into a better diaper for the evening's errands, a Rearz Lil' Squirts. I ended up at a pub with some buddies, and came home fairly wet, so I swapped it for an Inspire, which I am still in, although the clock on this one really didn't start until this morning, because I woke up dry. I was driving so I didn't have enough ethanol on board to lay the foundations for an overnight incident, evidently. 

In other news wife bought me a couple of pairs of oversized swimming trunks, which she presented to me the other day, saying that she thought they "might work better over diapers than your current ones", presumably while walking around the resort we're going to after Christmas. Which is interesting for a couple of reasons, first of all because she thought of that, but, secondly, because she's right - my current crop of bathing suits are not designed to fit over diapers, because I don't wear diapers if I'm swimming in my pool, and since the entirety of my wardrobe is steps away, when I'm done swimming, I just go get into a diaper and put whatever I want to over it. But on some tropical beach, I might want to lounge around before or after swimming, and drink beer, in which case, wearing something that could go over a diaper would be convenient, so that I don't have to trudge back to our room repeatedly for wardrobe changes. 

If any of you have worn diapers on a beach vacation, let me know how you handled it. I don't swim with diapers on but I don't like lounging around without a diaper on for any extended period of time. 

• Like 1

Generally curious, have you leaked in front of your wife ever?

I somewhat had to deal with wearing diapers around a swimsuit recently. I had bought a reusable abdl style swim diaper to try out. It was rather puffy looking because my swim bottoms were more form fitting but I got around with just having a towel at the ready when I was out of the water. Afterwards I just made a quick trip to the bathroom with my bag and changed into something more substantial with shorts over my bottoms while I sat with friends. It was an interesting experience but certainly not the hardest thing to work with.

Edited by Vulpix77
adjusting flow of the words
  • Like 1

You should get an award for longest time spent in a wet diaper.

If I tried to do that, I'd be admitted to the morgue. Not only that, but the diaper would pull down my plastic pants and my jeans and break the onesie snaps.

Yes, I've worn a diaper under cut-offs at the beach. And ended up in the water. Oh well -- not worse for wear and it didn't fall apart either until I went to take it off. Then it became a night-mare and a giant mess that fell apart in micro clumps.

Since switching my daily driver to Better Dry, usage of one case now, I've had one leak overnight. That is phenomenal. Mr. Happy can be in any position. I am a side sleeper and pee in all directions. I have a Northshore Champion pad which has become an unneeded  accessory. Hope I don't jinx myself. The same holds true with Crinklz. As said prior, they're made by the same company. Even so, the Crinklz seem to be built sturdier. But I  can't complain about the Better Dry. They're great.

As for the two level tab system vs. the "landing zone" they each have their advantages and disadvantages. I've learned over time to make sure the diaper is where I want it and then go for it. You get good after a while of knowing where it needs to stick. Even with Megamax I'm careful because they stick like mad and can be harder than hell to take off.

@LittleSheri -- how many pees do you get before you consider the diaper to be full? I get good mileage with 5-6 small dumps. I can't do a full dump so it's hard to quantify how much that really is. But it gets pretty heavy and swollen. And it seems like it could even take more. I have not given it the "it fails at" test yet. Just have to remember that milage can vary.

• Like 1
On 11/16/2022 at 2:46 PM, ppdude said:

@LittleSheri -- how many pees do you get before you consider the diaper to be full? I get good mileage with 5-6 small dumps. I can't do a full dump so it's hard to quantify how much that really is. But it gets pretty heavy and swollen. And it seems like it could even take more. I have not given it the "it fails at" test yet. Just have to remember that milage can vary.

This is pretty hard to quantify, @ppdude. At some point I might get my hands on a medium-duty scale. Right now I only have a brewing scale that measures in decimals of a gram or ounce, or, a bathroom scale that measures in pounds or kilograms, and that isn't particularly sensitive. I need one designed to weigh vegetables or something, so that it can take a few pounds and still be precise.

But barring that, I don't have a great way to measure how much a diaper has taken, other than how long I've been in it. 

I tend to take small pees throughout the day, every 20 to 45 minutes or so, because I found early in my "career" wearing diapers, when I used to wear crappy medical diapers most of the time, that they would not take floods very well but would handle repeated small incidents better. So I don't know how often I'm going. 

It also depends where I am and what I'm up to. If I'm sitting in my office or hanging out at home in just a diaper, I might push it closer to the edge, whereas if I'm going out somewhere or I'm driving or a friend's place or something, a leak would be deeply inconvenient, so I tend to change my diaper while it's still in the safe zone. 

On 11/16/2022 at 2:04 PM, Vulpix77 said:

Generally curious, have you leaked in front of your wife ever?

It has happened, but I've taken great lengths for her not to see it. I had pee escape down my leg a couple of weeks ago while I was talking to her, but I had laundry in my hand, and I waited for her to look away, and then I "dropped some" and bent over and swept my leg as I picked it up. I don't think she's really seen me leaking, although I know there has been the odd time when we've come back from somewhere and I knew I had a small press-out leak on the back of my thigh but she didn't mention it so I don't know if she saw it or not. 

I have stood in front of her in fairly swollen, yellowing diapers on many occasions due to circumstances, but I generally prefer her to see me in a cute, clean diaper, rather than a soggy old one. 

Ironically, I was just "coaching" someone who posted a thread about being nervous about wearing diapers in public, about how easy it is to do, and that everyone feels nervous the first few times doing anything, and that it's not a big deal. Meanwhile, I'm not taking my own advice, because I just found out that my wife booked me a massage, and now I'm a nervous wreck about it. 

My benefits end when the year does, and I haven't used them much this year, and as for the massage portion, I haven't used that in a couple of years. So, she decided I was "wasting them" and she booked a massage for me. 

At the place we go to, most people strip down to their underwear and lie on the table, and the RMT tucks the sheet into your undies as he or she works around the area. The problem, of course, is that for me, my underwear is a diaper. 

Soooo... do I wear shorts over a diaper, and just accept that they'll probably figure it out? Or do I go with an abysmal man pull-up that looks like underwear? One thing is certain - I will not be very relaxed if I don't a diaper on for 45 minutes while Zen music plays and aromatherapy candles flicker. I don't think I'm ready to just lie there in a Megamax or some other plain white product -  I'd feel too self-conscious about that, like I'm engaging in exhibitionism. Anything overtly ABDL is out for the same reason. I don't want to have a conversation with a medical professional while wearing what looks like a giant toddler diaper. 

What do you folks do? @~Brian~, do you sometimes get massages or physical therapy, and if so, how do you handle your diaper situation? 

If there's a chance that the relaxation, distraction, candles, and gentle soothing music means that there's a non-zero chance of an unexpected and unauthorized release, all while you're laying on your stomach (adios, store pull-ups)...I think that takes exhibitionism off the (heh) table.

I haven't even gotten to regular bedwetting, and I still have had accidents when just not thinking about it while airing out.

The only reason to NOT do it is it might preclude you from a gluteal massage, which, for a regular office-sitter, is a godsend.

• Like 1

Rearz and InControl both have Black Friday sales on right now, FYI - with the upward trajectory of prices, I'm paying even more attention to this than usual.  I already made one purchase, pushing my nappy inventory to approximately 10.5 cases... I actually broke out a spreadsheet and spent 30 minutes in the basement this week pursuing a fairly comprehensive inventory, knowing that sales were coming, and I needed to know what I had and where the gaps were in my lineup. Do I need more white plastic daytime diapers? Or was it printed overnight diapers? Decisions, decisions. 

I have a LOT of partial cases, and despite having burned through a significant number of my "outlier" singles, I still have representation from 19 unique models. The number of brands represented has declined, however, now confined to either 6 or 7, depending on if you count InControl separately, or lump them in with Rearz. 

My top supplier this year has been Rearz/InControl, because of a combination of their geographic proximity, the breadth of their offerings, my familiarity with many of their lines, and, their performance for the price. 

After that would be NorthShore, then Prevail, then then probably Bambino, then ABU, with Depend bring up the rear, only because I have a bunch of them still in inventory as a result of my reluctance to wear them. They're perfect for the following situations:

1) The diaper I've been wearing is at the edge of failure, and, I'm planning to go out tonight, but, I have to cut the lawn first, after which I will shower. Depends are ideal for 90-minute assignments where a leak is not a major problem. 

2) I'm to be shot at dawn, and it's 5 AM. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

At the place we go to, most people strip down to their underwear and lie on the table, and the RMT tucks the sheet into your undies as he or she works around the area. The problem, of course, is that for me, my underwear is a diaper. 

Soooo... do I wear shorts over a diaper, and just accept that they'll probably figure it out? Or do I go with an abysmal man pull-up that looks like underwear? One thing is certain - I will not be very relaxed if I don't a diaper on for 45 minutes while Zen music plays and aromatherapy candles flicker. I don't think I'm ready to just lie there in a Megamax or some other plain white product -  I'd feel too self-conscious about that, like I'm engaging in exhibitionism. Anything overtly ABDL is out for the same reason. I don't want to have a conversation with a medical professional while wearing what looks like a giant toddler diaper. 

What do you folks do? @~Brian~, do you sometimes get massages or physical therapy, and if so, how do you handle your diaper situation? 

Regardless of the diaper type, I always have on a pair of plastic pants over it. They make the diaper more trim and more quiet and thus more pleasing.

That's what they see. It has surprised them, but to their credit say nothing or ask about your condition. I just give them a guilty grin although I sometimes  ask  what they think. You're usually more embarrassed than they are. It's easy to say, but just have fun with it. You will grow to like the shock you give them.

Well, I'm once again embarking on a trip shortly, this time into the US, to visit a good friend over their Thanksgiving weekend. So I will once more be subjected to the indignities of the body scanner, I'd imagine, although with the exception of my last trip this year, I have managed through sheer luck to have been directed around it every single time I've travelled since I started wearing diapers full-time a bit over 3.5 years ago. 

Another logistical issue I will have to contend with is disposing of my underpants; my buddy lives in a very nice house in a gated community on a golf course. There are no public trash receptacles within a mile of the place, and I'm not bringing a car with me, as I have done previously. Also convenient on previous visits was the fact that his youngest was still wearing diapers, and his middle child wore pull-ups at night, so they had a trash can dedicated to diapers, which I could toss mine into. I know their youngest is well out of diapers now, not sure what the household pull-up status is, but even if middle kid is still in them (which I doubt, because he's 11), I'm not sure that would warrant a dedicated trash stream the way that poopy diapers do. Hopefully, I can just sneak them into their garbage as we go. Otherwise, I'll have to take the dog for looooong walks every couple of days. With my backpack. If you walk alongside the fairways, you eventually get to the clubhouse, which has trash cans, but it's a haul. And, some of the water features have alligators, just to keep things interesting. 

I'm intrigued... I just came across a new Depend "overnight underwear for men" allegedly rated to 12 hours. Irritatingly, the package had a picture of a guy in his 40's wearing pajama pants, standing next to his bed, so, they don't show you want the product actually looks like. I will be absolutely astonished if they give anyone other than the recently deceased 12 hours of protection. I almost bought them just on principal. I may still do so, but this week I'm travelling. 

I don't know how quickly you're leaving for your trip, but look for the Japanese disposal bag called BOS.  They're available at the common mega internet retailer.  Despite just twisting the bag into a knot to seal, they work very well and are perfectly opaque.  The Large size hold us-sized diapers quite well.

• Like 1

I’ve already left, @jeremy12312, but I will look into those when I get back. Sounds like just what I need. I contemplated bringing dog poop bags, but they’re too small, so I just brought some Canadian-branded shopping bags.

I managed to sidestep the body scanner again on the way down; they were putting some poor lady back and forth through it repeatedly (maybe she had a diaper on?), so I got waived through the metal detector instead. Victory. 

My wife managed to get a dig in from 2200 kms away; I got notified that something I’d ordered (for her, no less) had come in the post, so I asked her to go check the mailbox, which is down the street from our house.

So of course she says “It’s not diapers, is it? Because I’m not carrying a box of diapers up the street.”

Firstly, no, it’s not diapers or diaper-related, and, second, I’ve never seen her carry ANYTHING up the street. She always takes her car. 

• Like 4