LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

17 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

However, a folded cloth diaper is wet ALL over, and, when you unpin one side and slide it down, all the folding goes to hell and it just becomes a damp rectangle with two of the four corners fastened together. Worse, whereas I have long mastered the standing disposable self-diapering, I much prefer to play around with getting the pinning on of cloth underwear done while lying down, because I'm not as proficient at it and I hate having to adjust, sometimes I prick my fingers. But how best to do that with a wet diaper? @oznl, @Stroller, any thoughts? 

I've never even tried to put a wet terry nappy on again.  Too difficult.  I only wear them overnight.  My daytime nappies are either velcro or side popper fastening, and they're dead easy to put on standing up, wet or dry.  Actually it's easier than lying down, although I prefer to lie down, being a 2-year-old at heart.

As far as I'm concerned, it's impossible to put on a folded terry nappy standing up.  I know some will say it can be done, but I'm determined not to believe them.  I'll echo oznl's mention of Snappis though - they're very useful.  I use one for the waist of my Chinese fold, which stops my nappy from falling down, and a big pin for each leg to stop leg leaks.

• Like 1

Well, the cloth diapers I had on yesterday are currently sitting on the black plastic tonneau cover of my pickup truck, in the sun, hopefully gassing off the last few grams of moisture still within them. I ran them through the dryer yesterday, and, as is usually the case, the moisture detector in the machine declared the load dry, while the diapers were still slightly damp. Since it's a nice day, and flat cloth diapers look like white dog towels, or, in any case, something other than diapers, to the untrained eye, sitting out there draped out on my truck, I figured that I would take advantage of the free kilowatts raining down on me, rather than tasking the dryer again. 

I was out at a pub with a buddy last night, wearing a Rearz Active Air, and I have to say that while I'm a plastic diaper fan, high quality breathable diapers can be very comfortable. It was a short stint so I didn't worry about it failing me. My "long night at the pub" diaper of choice is a Megamax or a Rearz Elite Hybrid, although to be honest, I've worn almost everything in my inventory to the pub at one time or another. I guess I go to pubs a lot. And often the visits are unplanned, involving a text, a quick pop in, a pint, and then back on my way. 

I'm thinking about wearing one of my Omutsu Velcro cloth diapers tonight. I guess I'm making up for lost time, employing my stash of neglected cloth diapers while my wife is away. I would probably achieve greater "progress" by wearing them while she was here, in terms of personal growth (if you can call it that), but, as I've described before, for some reason, that is still a barrier for me.

I was cogitating on it yesterday, while still marinating in one, and the best theory I can come up with is that, on the rare occasions when I wore cloth diapers as a kid, I found it more stressful or embarrassing than wearing a disposable. I really can't summon any specific memory of why that would be the case, but I imagine that it had to do with the greater bulk, and/or, the more involved procedure of being put into them. I've mentioned before that my memory of how often I wore cloth diapers as a kid was called out as being completely wrong by my mother - I had recalled wearing them about half the time, and she said that she hated them generally, and only used them for backup, so in fact, I rarely wore them. But such is the impression they made on me, that I've erased the thousands of times I wore disposables, but, overemphasized the rare evenings whiled away in soggy pinned-on underpants. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I ran them through the dryer yesterday, and, as is usually the case, the moisture detector in the machine declared the load dry, while the diapers were still slightly damp.

Yup, me too, every time.  I give them another 20 minutes in the dryer, as I'm right out of pickups.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Stroller said:

Yup, me too, every time.  I give them another 20 minutes in the dryer, as I'm right out of pickups.

That's the main thing that annoys me about prefolds the very long dry times, if someone made like a 95 by 75 inch flat diaper I'd buy that instead of trying to make my own, lmao

• Like 1
On 7/14/2022 at 7:21 AM, Thad said:

That's the main thing that annoys me about prefolds the very long dry times, if someone made like a 95 by 75 inch flat diaper I'd buy that instead of trying to make my own, lmao

You might try Angel Fluff Diaper Company. I bought my cloth diapers from them several years ago and they do custom sizes to order if I remember correctly. My first purchase from them were their heavy weight night diapers which have multiple layer center panels that work as built in soakers. I try to use the clothesline I put up to dry them as much as weather permits and I found they do take longer to dry. My 2nd purchase was a medium weight diaper with less layers and these obviously dry faster. My next purchase will be flat birdseye diapers with no built in soakers to use as the outside shell that gets pinned with my gauze baby diapers folded into the center as soakers.

When you actually look at a gauze diaper you can see how loose the fabric weave is. This allows them to dry really fast whether in the dryer or out on the line. The drawback is the loose weave will easily rip and stretch with the pins. When you look at birdseye diapers they are tightly woven and much more resistant to ripping and stretching. My solution is to use the birdseye for pinning and gauze for extra absorption which can be easily adjusted by adding or subtracting diapers. Using baby diapers will be less expensive up front too. There is also the pleasure my AB gets from the knowledge that I'm wearing "genuine baby diapers".

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

You might try Angel Fluff Diaper Company. I bought my cloth diapers from them several years ago and they do custom sizes to order if I remember correctly. My first purchase from them were their heavy weight night diapers which have multiple layer center panels that work as built in soakers. I try to use the clothesline I put up to dry them as much as weather permits and I found they do take longer to dry. My 2nd purchase was a medium weight diaper with less layers and these obviously dry faster. My next purchase will be flat birdseye diapers with no built in soakers to use as the outside shell that gets pinned with my gauze baby diapers folded into the center as soakers.

When you actually look at a gauze diaper you can see how loose the fabric weave is. This allows them to dry really fast whether in the dryer or out on the line. The drawback is the loose weave will easily rip and stretch with the pins. When you look at birdseye diapers they are tightly woven and much more resistant to ripping and stretching. My solution is to use the birdseye for pinning and gauze for extra absorption which can be easily adjusted by adding or subtracting diapers. Using baby diapers will be less expensive up front too. There is also the pleasure my AB gets from the knowledge that I'm wearing "genuine baby diapers".

Hugs,

Freta

My prefolds came from adult cloth diapers dot com, a mix of 6 day and 6 night weight.

I've checked angle fluff and babykins when first looking but not here recently. 

• Like 1

Here's a question to put to the certified experts that can only be found here: after a two-year absence, the Toronto Festival of Beer is back on. I used to attend this religiously, but I missed the last one before the pandemic because I was travelling, and then the next two were cancelled because of the great plague. So, it's been 4 years since I've been to one of these. It's an epic event, involving drinking in a fenced-off field downtown, surrounded by booths from hundreds of craft breweries (and the macro ones too, although I have no idea who pays $60 for a ticket to go drink Budweiser in a field and use fetid porta-potties, when they could have the same gustatory experience sitting in their own backyards). There are also dozens of food trucks. After 8 hours of drinking in the sun, they run everybody out with police horses, and then they do it all again the next day. 

The last time I went to this, I did not wear diapers full-time. I lined up for the nasty porta-potties. I watched people pee in a fountain, because in a massive miscalculation, they, A) ordered insufficient solar-heated plastic toilets, and, B), they arranged them around a giant central fountain. So, women mostly waited for a chance to hold their breath and hover-pee in a 50 degree C plastic box filled with excrement, and men peed in bushes and the fountain. 

This year, I will be wearing a diaper. However... I will also be sampling high-octane IPA's for the length of an average work day. You can bring a bag in with you, but they search it, lest you be tempted to sneak more alcohol into the river of alcohol festival. I will be with a bunch of buddies. I don't want a big plastic nappy pulled part-way out of my backpack at a crowded entrance gate, while I'm surrounded by good friends. Maybe that wouldn't happen, but, maybe it would. One year they were checking under people's hats. 

What would you wear to such an event? Megmax with a booster? Mermaid Tale? And how do I navigate the later hours when I'm waddling around like a toddler that needs attending to? Nobody brings a car to this thing, for obvious reasons. 

Hmmm...  Denied the opportunity for a full-blown, mid-flight nappy change, I'd probably go with something like a Mermaid and some booster pads.  I'd wear a booster and pull it out at some point, ideally replacing it with another (they might be considered visually ambiguous).

A strange thing with my body is that with beer, there is often a considerable delay between input and output, often it's the next day.  Like yourself, I'm usually on high-octane hop juice.

I don't generally drink lager style beer though which DOES have that effect.

It's a matter of time before the safety-nazis decide we need full blown body scanners for all public events and we're all screwed then anyway.

And a compression pant would definitely be in order here.

• Like 1

I'd make sure I was eating as well as drinking - to slow things up.  But really, I think you're going to be flooding the field...

...How about wellington boots to hold the overflow?

• Haha 1

Porta potties aren't probably the best for disposal. Whatever you wear in you'll probably be wearing out with you.

Me, I'd go with the most absorbent combination available, something baggy to wear over, and definitely plastic pants.

• Like 1

Does a summer event of this magnitude have a first-aid tent?  I’d find a reason to mosey off from the group and ask there for a private place to change. 

Also, my guaranteed-never-fail* bag trick, multiple pockets. My backpack has a thin sleeve way in front that’s deep enough for two spares, and my messenger bag has it in the back. Casual event security never checks except in the main compartment. 

*Guarantee void in Tennessee 

• Like 1
On 7/16/2022 at 7:38 PM, Little Sherri said:

What would you wear to such an event? Megmax with a booster? Mermaid Tale? And how do I navigate the later hours when I'm waddling around like a toddler that needs attending to? Nobody brings a car to this thing, for obvious reasons. 

I think I'd go with the rucksack with a change in.  But I would email ahead to whoever is running it and say "I want to come to your festival, but I'm incontinent and need to bring a change with me, is there an entrance or someone I can meet for a discreet search?" - that kind of thing.

As for being with people, I have an uncanny ability to slip friends and reappear later. I'd just arrive early or slip them with a lame excuse, then phone/whatsapp/etc to say "I'm in, where are you????" ;)

• Like 1

I would go with a like oznl.  My go to for long days is the Tykable diaper and booster.  It will sag and get heavy but should last.  Swapping out a booster would help too.  It's your comfort and discretion that is on the line.

• Like 1

In a bit of a dry (or wet...) run for the Beer Festival mentioned above, I went to a wine festival of sorts, in a field in a rural town North of where I live. A good friend's Italian in-laws threw a big picnic on their property with a bonfire, and the only prerequisite was that you bring some Italian wine. I picked out what turned out to be a decent Amarone, and a couple of lesser bottles, and headed up. Because the venue was literally a field, they parked an RV for use as a washroom, however with the express request that anyone who didn't need to use indoor facilities were encouraged to avail themselves of the stands of trees abutting the field. 

I decided to wear a "Barry" (@oznl's nickname for it), a Rearz InControl Elite Hybrid, which is a big name for a big diaper. My plan was not to have to use the RV. I was driven up there by a friend, and I did have my diaper bag with me, but I had no really good options for a change, other than the tiny RV bathroom that people who can pee while standing weren't supposed to use. I suppose I could have walked off into the trees and swapped it, awkward though that would have been to execute. I didn't end up needing to - there was a bit of a delayed reaction, perhaps due to the astringency of tannic old wines. When I waddled into the house from my friend's car at 3 AM, I was just reaching the point where I would have been best off being at home for the last 30% of runway left in that diaper. 

So all of that worked out fine, but here's the plot twist: lots of people brought their families to this thing (mine is at a cottage this week), and there were lots of kids around. We played frisbee and threw Velcro hatchets at Velcro targets and roasted marshmallows and sausages, and at one point, my buddy's kids, whom I've known since they were born, wanted me to run around and play tag with them. The diaper held up well to that level of activity, aided, as it was, by a onesie. I felt pretty secure in the fading light that my oversized cargo shorts, long shirt, and snap-T underneath all added up to an indetectable "wearing a big nappy" visual signature. Tactile feedback is another manner. 

The tag game wound down and I walked over to one of the picnic tables and retrieved my glass of wine and was standing, eating some lamb, talking to my friend, when his younger son commenced a sneak attack, buzzing the table at a run, and smacking me directly on the butt unexpectedly. My head turned sharply, and my friend yelled his kid's name, just as his daughter, who was apparently piloting the #2 jet on the bombing run, arced along the same path, and also smacked me square on the derriere. He then yelled her name as well, and told both of them to stop running around where people were eating. They ran off into the field giggling. 

I laughed it off, but, here's the question: what did two kids, 10 and 11, make of what they encountered when they smacked my ample posterior? I gave my own ass a test smack a bit later, when I went off to retrieve some firewood and I was out of sight... and, oh yeah, that's a diaper under there, no question. A big one. But then again, I obviously knew what I had on, whereas, in theory, those brats had no such preconceived notions. What they had was essentially a tidbit of data - whatever they felt - with no context. The son has a history of having worn pull-ups, but not for at least a couple of years, so while he might have been better equipped to add two plus two than his sister, two years is a long time and I'm sure he hasn't thought much about what his pull-up would have felt like to someone smacking it at a run. 

Still, this is one "failure mode" I had not considered... what if someone detects my diaper by feel...? 

In other news, I am in a Rearz Select right now that I repaired with packing tape. I put it on right before going to bed, and when I got up this morning, it was mostly dry, but the left hand tab had worked itself lose overnight, migrating to a less snug position. That, as an aside, is rare for these diapers - the tabs are usually pretty good. Maybe I got diaper cream residue on the landing zone or something. 

Once I took the diaper off for the morning #2 ritual, that tab would not go back on with any tenacity, so I pulled out the roll of packing tape and ran a strip from hip to hip, and here I sit, still confined to that diaper, come what may. I'll have to remember to bring scissors with me when it's time to change, which will be soon - I just had a coffee. 

• Like 2

As a receiver of the "bum smack" last Christmas by my sister, with the accompanying thunderous "thumpf" that it made (to my ears at least) I can advise, at least in my case there was no detection. Or if there was she never mentioned it then or since.

At the time though it felt massively obvious when she whacked my on my Megamax....

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

make of what they encountered when they smacked my ample posterior? I gave my own ass a test smack a bit later, when I went off to retrieve some firewood and I was out of sight... and, oh yeah, that's a diaper under there, no question.

Oh that is annoying! My son did that to me a couple of months ago and I said "you know I hate people being behind me, don't do that" and all was fine, nothing noticed. 

On another note and going back to working with shorts off in just a nappy ... as it's been pretty hot here in the UK, my study was about 37c today, still and horrific. I decided I'd turn the camera off and remove shorts and t-shirt.  My wife came in to ask a question, looked me up and down, said "for f**ks sake" and left the room.  So I think my normal pulling up of shorts is a good idea ...

(Although later, having got over the shock she did bring me a drink and stayed to chat a while - so to be fair I should've warned her)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

On another note and going back to working with shorts off in just a nappy ... as it's been pretty hot here in the UK, my study was about 37c today, still and horrific. I decided I'd turn the camera off and remove shorts and t-shirt.  My wife came in to ask a question, looked me up and down, said "for f**ks sake" and left the room.  So I think my normal pulling up of shorts is a good idea ...

Yeah London weather has been all over the news here.  Whilst 37C is depressingly normal over here, it's still what I'd call "pretty hot".   The real killer is where it doesn't cool down much at night and I think you've had a dose of that too.  We cope with that here using air conditioned bedrooms.

The nappies do suck a bit in sustained heat, something I'm reminded of between September and April every year.

13 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I laughed it off, but, here's the question: what did two kids, 10 and 11, make of what they encountered when they smacked my ample posterior?

Occam's razor saves you again I'd say.  Without ancillary information I very much doubt they would have noticed anything at all.  Kids are less than subtle.  If they were "fact checking", I'd expect a grab, not a swat.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, oznl said:

Yeah London weather has been all over the news here.  Whilst 37C is depressingly normal over here, it's still what I'd call "pretty hot".   The real killer is where it doesn't cool down much at night and I think you've had a dose of that too.  We cope with that here using air conditioned bedrooms.

I'm a good way north of London here, but we're up near 40 degrees today, and air-conditioning is not standard in most houses, including ours.  Having said that, ours is an old brick-built house with no south-facing windows, so it's relatively cool inside (28 deg just now, at lunchtime).  I took Binky out for a walk early, & he was in and out of the river.  I was in onesie and cargo shorts.  Once we got home, the shorts and onesie came off, and I'm spending the day in nothing but a cloth nappy, plastic pants and a dummy.  Mummy says I've not to forget and go to answer the door if the bell rings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're getting a dose of heat here over the next couple of days, although not the sustained 40 C that the UK is suffering under. I'm in a diaper and a shirt in my office right now (Rearz Lil' Bella), enjoying a decent cross-breeze through my office windows, so I am resisting putting on the A/C. But that's easy to do, when you have A/C available, and my office is also on a separate system, so, while I might sweat a bit up here, the main house with its comfortable sleeping temperatures awaits. Also, I have a pool.

I really feel for people sweltering in unairconditioned apartments, some of which also have safety devices on the windows that prevent opening them wide enough to get much air, lest an errant toddler fall through a screen. Air conditioning is pretty common in the Toronto area these days, where we get weeks of 30+ C (86 F) temperatures in the summer, and clusters of days here and there where it might touch 40 with the humidex (104 F). It probably wasn't quite as consistently hot when I was a kid, but we still had lots of hot nights, and we did not have air conditioning, so I know something of rolling around in sweaty sheets in a plastic diaper. 

I had a "I'm thankful I wear diapers" moment this morning. Well, I'm always thankful that I wear diapers, but this morning, I was particularly thankful. I had to drive my daughter to get a train at an ungodly hour in the morning, so I hopped out of bed and basically straight into the car, after pulling some cargo shorts over my night diaper, which was barely damp (the aforementioned Lil' Bella that I'm still in). 

Last night I helped a buddy install a garage door and then he bought me some beers and appetizers at a nearby bar while we solved the world's problems. I'm not sure what got me, but something did. The beer was excellent, so I'm eying you, jalapeno poppers. Although you're boiled in oil, so unlikely to sustain life. But you came with a dipping sauce. Anyway, I had a coffee and jumped into the car, and coffee always sets off the chain of events that ends in my morning constitutional. Today, that chain of events was played out with unusual urgency, while I was crawling through traffic. I didn't end up needing my nappy for that, but at least I had the peace of mind of knowing that if the worst happened, unlike the vast majority of people sitting in that traffic (toddlers excluded), my robust plastic diaper would probably save me from having to clean the seat. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, oznl said:

The nappies do suck a bit in sustained heat, something I'm reminded of between September and April every year.

Occam's razor saves you again I'd say.  Without ancillary information I very much doubt they would have noticed anything at all.  Kids are less than subtle.  If they were "fact checking", I'd expect a grab, not a swat.

It has been pretty horrific - I'm just south west of London in one of the many commuter towns into the city. Luckily my town is fairly green and not built up, but I have windows facing every side, so the sun hits 3 sides all day, there's only so much sitting in the dark I can take.  Of course we don't have air con as standard, so today I went to the office instead.

I have noticed that in this heat it's the back of my nappies that seem to suffer most. My normal WFH daytime is an ABU Simple Ultra - it's pretty solid, but I notice that even the stuffing at the back of these starts to come apart with the sweat ... grim.  Odd that I find that more grim that sat there wetting myself, but hey ho. 

You're right, last couple of nights was not fun - I just couldn't get the bedrooms / top floor below 30c, no matter what I tried and I went to bed at half midnight. 

• Like 1

I was at a buddy's cottage for the last couple of days, and no cottages that I've been to have had air conditioning, so I know a bit of what you're speaking of, @BedWetMark. It wasn't 30 in there but it was about 26 and very humid. So I slept under just a thin sheet and I ended up kicking it most of the way off myself as I tossed and turned. My wife and I were sharing a double bed, which is a lot smaller than the king size that we have at home, where we can occupy separate postal codes if we want to. And usually, she wants to - she likes her space when she sleeps, and so do I. Anyway, sharing a small bed in humid weather resulted in an experience that I don't think I've had before: I woke up in the early morning hours, and I was sleeping on my stomach, with my head turned away from her,  and she was sleeping on her side, facing the back of my head. I had the sheets all up around my torso, more or less, so my lower half was open to the air, all the better to try and dissipate heat via the breeze from the fan. What I noticed when I first woke up was that my back felt a bit warm, and when I felt back there, half-conscious, to try and make a determination as to why, I realized that my wife's hand was resting on my lower back, on top of my diaper (a Megamax).

As I've pointed out before, it's pretty rare for her to make any contact, even incidental, with my diaper. She's tucked the back of it under my shirt or helped me repair a blown tab a couple of times, and she's packed or unpacked new ones for me the odd time, but when I'm in it... rare. So I just laid there and enjoyed it (or at least, "experienced" it) for a about a half hour, and then then she slid her hand further down, so that it was actually on my butt, and I started worrying about if she was going to wake up and realize that my diaper was wet, although most of the wetness was up front, so I really didn't think the back would feel wet, but I didn't know. 

Eventually, she rolled over and took her hand back, and as far as I know, she had no idea she slept for a portion of the early morning using my diaper as an armrest. 

I won't call this next experience a "first", but it was notable for its duration: I drove home from said cottage late this morning, in order to make it back to my office for an online meeting. It was about a 2 hour drive, and early into it, I was concentrating on some curvy roads, and I realized that I'd been holding it, although for not very long - maybe I'd spent 10 minutes saying my goodbyes, and then I'd been driving for 20. But, I had also had coffee. So, I did what I usually do under such circumstances, and not so much tried to pee, as stopped trying not to pee, by relaxing my pelvic floor (or whatever it's called for those of us with male plumbing). It worked, and I felt a gentle release commence. However, after several minutes, I realized that I was still "relaxed" down there, and I was getting the sensation of a slight passage of fluid taking place from toward the terminus of my equipment. 

As is often the case with these things, the act of observation can change what is being observed, and in thinking about it, I nearly clenched up, but with concentration, a sort of Zen-like relaxation resumed down below, and the sensation continued... for probably about 90 minutes! It was a great feeling. I couldn't indulge exclusively in being mindful of my... is mindlessness the word?.. Because I was piloting a 4000 lb object on country roads. But it was really interesting. I had the sensation that I was "open" below, and dribbling intermittently, with no effort on my part and very little feedback. It took on a cadence that suggested to me that my bladder was reaching a certain threshold, and then draining down a bit, but not fully, and then it was reaching that threshold again a few minutes later, and repeating the process. And indeed, when I got out of the car, my diaper was notably heavier up front. 

I'm sure that a number of you on 24/7 and/or untraining journeys have experienced something like this many times and it's not a big deal, but for me, while I have on occasion experienced short stretches on "autopilot", this was definitely the longest. Also, I did not find it disconcerting, whereas in the past, I have. I just found it pleasant. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It happens a lot these days.  I'd describe the sensation as one of a curious "lightness" in my pelvic area, almost as though I'd put down a heavy weight I'd been carrying.  At the same time, I drip and dribble quite automatically but I could stop it if I needed to.  On occasion, I think I've been able to fall asleep in this mode, very slowly wetting my nappy as I drift off into the land of nod which is actually rather nice.

I could get used to it but it still has a habit of retreating when I am called to concentrate on something.

• Like 1

Well, it's a heat warning day today, with temperatures getting up into the high 30's with the humidex. We've had curiously dry bands of storm clouds come through this week, where the sky gets dark and we get thunder, but it doesn't rain, or if it does, it rains furiously for a few minutes and then stops. Usually when we have a stretch of humid, hot weather this long, we end up with days of rain and then things return to normal, IE mid to high 20's. 

The perfect day for a cloth diaper? I'm up in my office, so far resisting putting the A/C on, wearing an Omutsu under plastic pants and a onesie, because earlier I was vacuuming the pool and I didn't want a big roll of printed plastic pants to be hanging out of the back of my shorts (now discarded) if a neighbour walked up to the fence or one of the kids elected to say hello. 

I had a notable diaper dream last night in this cloth diaper. I dreamed that I was struggling to pee, although the context was not apparent to me - IE whether it was in my diaper, or into a burning bush, or into a toilet. I just recall pushing and not getting much in the way of results. Then this morning I woke up, and remembered the dream, and I gave my diaper a feel... moderately wet. I think what happened was, I was mispositioned somehow, and trying to go, and the efforts were sufficient to filter through to the executive suite, which was in dreamland. Overall, I was pleased, because it was a highly-suspected bedwetting event. I never know for sure if I woke up and tried to go, or if trying to go woke me up, or, in this case, if I even woke up at all, because it's hard to take accurate notes while unconscious, but my recollection of events is as I described them - that the whole thing played out in a dream. 

Well, the Omutsu experiment has come to a close. I got a press-out leak at my left upper thigh, unfortunately while I was out driving around. I had to go into a couple of liquor stores looking for a specific bottle of wine for a buddy's birthday, and I noted a slight evaporative cooling effect in that zone as soon as I stepped out of the car, but I had no reflective surface that provided me a view of the area, while standing between cars in a parking lot. So I had to take a deep breath and go for it. The first store did not have the bottle, so I then had to drive for 10 minutes and try the second store, which did have it. I took a circuitous route through the store to avoid standing or walking in front of anyone as much as possible, and wished that I'd worn my camouflage shorts rather than khaki ones.

When I got home, I had a look in the full-length mirror in our hallway, and yup, I had an irregular circle of moisture there, although it was pretty low so I think it would have been mostly off the radar. Now I'm in just a Megamax and a t-shirt. Having been in a cloth diaper and plastic pants for the last 12 hours or so, the disposable now has a distinct feel to it, which is interesting in itself, because I think that I'm so used to wearing disposable diapers that a lot of the time, they feel about as notable on me as a shirt or socks do.  

10 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I was mispositioned somehow, and trying to go, and the efforts were sufficient to filter through to the executive suite, which was in dreamland.

This happens to me reasonably often now.  I find myself wakened because I'm unable to wet myself easily.  Presumably, otherwise I would have just gone whilst sleeping.  I think I've well and truly lost the plot as to sleep-wetting now.

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Having been in a cloth diaper and plastic pants for the last 12 hours or so,

That's pretty good going for an Omutsu in my experience.  I don't think I'd get 12 hours out of one.  I spent most of yesterday in one (hmm, we were probably wearing the same diaper at the same time on opposite sides of the planet - yesterday's was my "sheep" one).

I put it on after my morning change at around 0730 (Friday is a day off for me).  By about 4pm, I was trying not to sit down to avoid the press-out leaks that had started.  I even had a Kins cloth booster in there but to no avail.  They continue to absorb whilst standing but sitting down becomes risky.

At 5:30pm, I showered early and changed into a folded pinned terry which effortlessly held the line until 0800 the next day.

• Like 2