LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

SWIMMING

I am new here and don’t know if this has been covered yet. I have recently become incontinet from my diabetes and have to wear a diaper now. I love to swim and I know wearing a plastic backed diaper is out of the question so I was just wondering what does everyone else wear in the pool? I have thought about the tranquility swimmates but also thought about wearing just a regular adult pull up. I am not a shy person so if it gets a little bulky or peeks out I don’t care. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Diaperedredhead24 said:

I am new here and don’t know if this has been covered yet. I have recently become incontinet from my diabetes and have to wear a diaper now. I love to swim and I know wearing a plastic backed diaper is out of the question so I was just wondering what does everyone else wear in the pool? I have thought about the tranquility swimmates but also thought about wearing just a regular adult pull up. I am not a shy person so if it gets a little bulky or peeks out I don’t care. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

I personally just wear a pair of plastic panties and call it a day when I am swimming.

I don't wear anything but my swim trunks. A diaper will swell up and leak urine into the water. So why not just leak it out on your own? In Hawaii, I will hang out at the pool or beach all afternoon. If I feel I'm leaving a puddle underneath me, I go swim for a few minutes them come back and drip fresh water on the puddle. No one is the wiser. 

• Like 1

The only reason to wear a diaper when swimming is if you are bowel incontinent. They sell reusable adult swim diapers for containment if you have a bowel accident in the pool. If you do have an accident, you need to get out of the pool immediately because even the swim diaper will not contain it forever.

• Like 2

If you just have to wear something then it needs to be a cloth "swim diaper" which only retains feces but will not split or come apart in use. If that happens, not only will you be leaving a trail of pulp behind you, it will be sticking to your legs when you leave the water for all to see :( And once you're discovered you'll probably be banned from returning because diaper pulp clogs the pool filters and piping pervasively- probably the toughest mess to clean with them there is. If it's a 'membership' usage there's probably a specific prohibition on wearing diapers in the rules or agreement which you signed. That can leave you legally liable for the costs invoked by your diaper use :wacko: With the risk of the filtration not working properly or the pump being damaged they may close the pool until it's fixed which you may be held liable for anyway, even in a public or hotel pool :o It's simply not worth the risk.

If you're urinary Incontinent, try to void just before changing into your swimsuit then go straight to the pool. They never let your suit dry out- instead jump back in so it stays wet. If you're fecal incontinent follow fillemup's advice above. The 'public accommodations' part of the ADA won't help you here because body wastes are treated as a health hazard which takes precedence. If like me you can't handle being undiapered for emotional reasons, then wear a cloth swim diaper or training pants.

If you want to do it in your own pool, go ahead but you'll end the practice once you discover how tough it is to clean up after even one small diaper failure. 

Bettypooh

I have tried a variety of swim diapers (I've got my own pool).    Betty and Fillmeup are of course right.    The things are merely a stopgap to allow you to get out of the pool and change in case of a fecal accident.   If you have diarrhea you don't want to use them either.     Always take precautions before you go into the water and get out and change properly (and washup well before going back).      These things have the nick name of being a "fecal teabag."

Anything with any amount of absorbency becomes at best a water anchor in the pool.   Water will GET IN them.    Even my cloth diapers with tight fitting plastic pants (loose ones balloon the trapped air when you get in) as many pools insist for babies are problematic.   They're fine for a few minutes until they start to take on water and then you now have a ten pound weight around your middle.

Gabbys and a few others make reusable pool diapers.   There's a sort of AIO one callled a containment brief but boy was it expensive (and their sizing is off, order larger size than you think you need).     I have a couple of the new tranquility swimmers but I've not tried them yet.

10 hours ago, fillemup said:

The only reason to wear a diaper when swimming is if you are bowel incontinent. They sell reusable adult swim diapers for containment if you have a bowel accident in the pool. If you do have an accident, you need to get out of the pool immediately because even the swim diaper will not contain it forever.

This.  Pools have so many chemicals and chlorine that you do not have to wear a diaper if you are bladder incontinent.  People pee in pools all the time even if they never say they do. 

10 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

If you just have to wear something then it needs to be a cloth "swim diaper" which only retains feces but will not split or come apart in use. If that happens, not only will you be leaving a trail of pulp behind you, it will be sticking to your legs when you leave the water for all to see :( And once you're discovered you'll probably be banned from returning because diaper pulp clogs the pool filters and piping pervasively- probably the toughest mess to clean with them there is. If it's a 'membership' usage there's probably a specific prohibition on wearing diapers in the rules or agreement which you signed. That can leave you legally liable for the costs invoked by your diaper use :wacko: With the risk of the filtration not working properly or the pump being damaged they may close the pool until it's fixed which you may be held liable for anyway, even in a public or hotel pool :o It's simply not worth the risk.

If you're urinary Incontinent, try to void just before changing into your swimsuit then go straight to the pool. They never let your suit dry out- instead jump back in so it stays wet. If you're fecal incontinent follow fillemup's advice above. The 'public accommodations' part of the ADA won't help you here because body wastes are treated as a health hazard which takes precedence. If like me you can't handle being undiapered for emotional reasons, then wear a cloth swim diaper or training pants.

If you want to do it in your own pool, go ahead but you'll end the practice once you discover how tough it is to clean up after even one small diaper failure. 

Bettypooh

So true.  This also goes for those who like wearing a diaper in their bathtub or shower and letting it soak so much it just over flows.  Once the SAP and pulp get in your drain it will clog things up and you will be paying a very large plumbing bill, as well as having your plumber know exactly where all that pulp came from!  If you are bowel incontinent, as mentioned only wear a cloth garment large enough to contain your feces and I would also say waterproof pants over to also help containment.  It will be noticeable when you get out of the pool with a thicker cloth underpant and plastic pant over it since water will still soak your cloth underwear and run out of your plastic pants when you exit the pool, but both are needed for sanitary reasons with bowel incontinence, even with all the chemicals in the water.

I agree with Bettypooh about just wearing a swimsuit if you are bladder incontinent.  It will be wet, no one will know if that's from being in the pool or from you wetting yourself as long as you don't allow it to dry out when you are out of the pool for any length of time.  If that happens, people might just notice the front of your suit suddenly getting wetter and wetter and dripping on the cement if you start to pee yourself.  If your suit is already wet, if you pee yourself it may not be as noticable.  I would think very dark colors like deep navy blue and really dark black might help hide it if you should wet yourself out of the pool.  By all means, never wear any disposable diaper or underpant in a pool. 

• Like 1

This is why I wear a pair of my Gary Activewear panties.  That way if I leak before I get in the pool it is contained and the front of my swim trunks remain dry.  They do retain water slightly but all you have to do is reach down and pull out a leg opening and let the water drain out.  I wore them when I was on a trip to Costa Rica snorkeling and they worked great.  They did enough to contain my pee pee until I could get back in the water.