LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

Anybody else that the mediums don't fit well anymore having more leaks than they use to? The old style, the only way I would get a leak is it was just completely saturated and leaked over the top of the front or back. Now it seems like they leak real bad around the leg gathers on the backside for me, i'd say every 3rd or 4th night at least I get at least a little bit of leakage, sometimes quite substantial. I also don't think the new ones wick as well as the old ones, if I was sleeping on my back they would wick up the backside, now they just pool up at the bottom, and they seem to clump up real bad for me too, I think the being wider is the main cause of that, as they seem to crease down the middle and clump up on both sides.

If they are going to produce them in China, then they need to take the money they are saving and hire a couple people for Quality Control, I'm at 20 diapers that have had at least one tape come undone from the backside on the new Teddy's, with one bag left to go from this case. Last case, not a single issue, case before that, same problem, but closer to the entire case having the problem.

Between the reoccurring tape issues and the new medium just not working for me (while a large completely envelopes me), i'm seriously rethinking my next order, and i've been wearing Bambinos nearly every night for over 2 years now.

They did on the last case I had an issue with, they definitely made it right with me, but I haven't got a response from the last email I sent just to give them a heads up that this case was having the same issue as before. I feel like why bother buying another case if it might have the same tape issue (nearly always the top left tape on this case, last case I had an issue with was 90% top right tape), seeing how it pretty much makes the diaper unwearable, short of getting up from bed and getting some tape to fix it, which is a pretty big inconvenience to me if I cant get back to sleep.

I don't understand all the Bambino Hate toward the tapes not working properly. I've ordered dozens of times, and worn hundreds of Bambino diapers and I have yet to run into a single quality issue. Maybe I've just gotten lucky, but maybe it's the users fault. I mean, the tape, like any adhesive film, won't stick properly if it's made contact with anything other than a perfectly clean surface. Even just brushing a sweaty hand against the landing zone is enough to deposit enough oils from the skin to the tape landing surface, causing bad adhesion. Every tape I've every used on a Bambino has had very good adhesion, enough that if it weren't stuck to the thicker landing zone, it would tear the plastic right off the diaper. But!! (this is a big but), I've also had tapes pop out of my hand and I've grabbed at them blindly, and inadvertently grabbed the sticky surface of the tape instead of the very end, and the "finger print" was enough to cause poor adhesion.

If you are seriously having had luck with tapes popping off while you sleep, try this simple experiment. Next time you put one on, lay down, have a paper towel wet with a little rubbing alcohol near by. Before you stick the tapes to the landing zone, wipe it down with the alcohol and allow it to air dry, totally removing any oil or grease from it's surface, then be SUPER careful to not touch it with your skin. Carefully grab the tapes by their very tips, and apply to the dry, oil free surface. See if that causes the tape to stick better. If it does, it's either you rubbing your forearms or hands on the landing zone, making it oily, or there is some sort of residual oil on the landing zone from manufacturing, storage, or handling.

I'm almost certain the people having problems with tape adhesion are trying to apply tapes to contaminated surfaces.

Tell me you wouldn't be pissed off if a tape popped off nearly every night on you, i'm glad some of you don't have issues and the new medium fits you great, but it doesn't change the fact of the matter is it that doesn't work for me. Its not the tapes popping off the landing strip, its them coming undone from the backside of the diaper, so thanks for playing but try again. There is no user error here, I don't use powders/lotions/oils, its not a contaminated surface unless its coming from bambino that way after the tapes are already installed on the backside. I have experimented with how I fasten them to try and alleviate the problem, its not like i'm going to have the same issue every night but keep doing the same thing, I have run a strip of 3m Transpore over top of the tapes to reinforce it (worked great on the first issue case, doesn't stick well to the new softer/slicker material) I have pretty much worn only bambinos for a number of years unless I run out between shipments. I've had cases with out a single one having an issue, and have had cases where nearly every single one is an issue. It has pretty much been a teddy issue, don't recall ever having a problem on the classicos.

I think the "majority" of people who experience tape issues with whatever premium diaper - it is typically due to being in between sizes in my opinion and/or putting the diaper tapes on way too tight. Haven't had any tapes pop off on me - but thats not to say it doesn't happen with some people.

• Like 1

I dunno. They pop off on me and I fit in smalls comfortably but mostly wear mediums due to the easy availability in most brands. I do like tight diapers. But this was never an issue before (with Bambinos or any other diaper, so I don't put them on that tight) so I guess that's why many feel like it is a downgrade from previous versions of the Bambino.

Edit: It was also the issue angelica describes above (the tape completely popping from the back. Some times this happens when I simply pull the tape over to place it down on the landing zone) and I've ONLY seen it in the newest version of Bambinos. Bambs before this had amazing tapes, excepting the Teddys.

• Like 1

I by no means think that this is an excuse, but it is plain that the New Bambinos currently are able to take less stress on the sides than the previous lines. It will perhaps be fixed in later lines. If you LIKE them to be that tight, well then I recommend holding off until the error is fixed. If they are breaking just trying to make the diaper fit (not implying this is happening to anybody) then you need to move up a size or hold off until the error is resolved.

Remember, this is why these companies offer samples. NEVER buy a case of a diaper that you haven't first tried a sample of. It is simply not a smart way to spend your money.

• Like 1

I have the issue with the tapes coming off the back. Been for a while now about a year or do. The china thing is not new it's been that way for a long time. Still my preferred diaper by a long ways

I easily fit into Bambino mediums - and the tapes tearing off the back is the sole reason I haven't bought from them in a long time. I just got a case of the new ones - bellisimos or whatever they are called - so will see (only one diaper in at this point), but so far so good. Seems ridiculous though to have add tape as reinforcement to a premium diaper...

• Like 1

Yeah I'm 30" waist and weigh about 145 and am also 6' tall. The new mediums fit me a lot better. I'll admit though they're kind of a weird size compared to other brands. They're almost exactly the same size as dry24/7's small which is a weird size somewhere between a small and a medium. For me though they're perfect. Goldilocks and all of that.

I almost always buy a case or two at a time - I guess because cost per unit is significantly less. I don't think it unwise to invest in a case of diapers at a time. I can work around most problems with a diaper to get through a case, I just may not go back for reorders. That was always my issue with Bambinos - tapes should not tear off the back of a properly fitting diaper - and I sure shouldn't have to duct tape a premium diaper. I can deal with that for a case - and have in the past. I am happy to say I have not had tape problems with the Bellisimos (though they do get saggy after extended wear from the plastic and tapes stretching out). They have excellent capacity and the way they swell up from the gel is an awesome feeling to be sure. I would buy more for sure.

Bought the Sample combo of the 1 medium and 1 large Bellissimo. The large seems to be a perfect fit for me. Very comfortable diaper, but I wish we could have the choice of an all-white version.