LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

too bad about the tapes. Mine held well. Seemed to be better than the other tapes I had. I wish the plastic was thicker. Got a hole in the front. I think they swell and weigh so much that they take themselves out. Kinda like dropping an original xbox. Still very impressed with this initial run.

Yeah, my tapes held well, but then again I'm coming from wearing Teddy Bambino on the regular. I readjusted my tapes in the morning to accommodate my then-less-bloated body and was able to make my way around comfortably, something I've been unable to say about the first and second run teddy tapes.

Kind of related, but I'm curious. For those who have to or choose to wear 24/7 how do you deal with the gel-heavy diapers swelling? Maybe you just have to get used to it but for me a Bambino Classico with a booster becomes very difficult to walk in normally when it's fairly wet. I would think this new diaper would be a problem for day time wearing but again, may just be that I'm not used to it.

I have found that the way around the sagging and popping tapes and other issues found with 'extended wear' disposables is to use some kind of support garment. A onsie is a good start, I usually wear a pair of my 'big boy' briefs :blush: over most disposables to hold them in place. Plastic pants is another option, a pair that is snug, that again will hold things in place. Protex and Kins have cotton terry or flannel lined plastic pants that is more snug fitting and can be used as a trainer, or over disposables for added protection against leaks and add support for the extended wear diapers as they get heavier and start to sag, and will help prevent them from self destructing.

As for the sagging and tape issues, these were all discussed when the product was first introduced way back when. All the talk and 'marketing' for a diaper that was more absorbent and would hold "over a gallon" (IE Would contain 8 pounds of liquid) The plastic would have to be thicker and the tapes reinforced to be able to hold up under that kind of strain. Then, on top of that you throw the fact that the person ACTUALLY wants to be able to move around a function on a daily basis, you have something thats doomed to fall apart before it's saturated, or when it gets to the point of saturation. If you don't mind having your diaper fall down around your ankles, I guess this would be fine, but I'm not a fan of my diaper coming undone at inconvenient times :blush: and having to deal with it, possibly in front of others.

Anyways, this might be a 'first run' of a product many people asked for, but it sounds like it needs some engineering changes to ACTUALLY function as advertised. Maybe a heavier (thicker) outer shell and reinforced or wider tapes to withstand the strain of being full. 8 pounds is a LOT of weight to support with simple tapes and thin plastic sheeting, and its aggravated by adding physical movement, so this might be a good place to start, but if this is to be a regular product, it needs further work and refinements, to get to it's 'full' potential ;)

But for now, some kind of support item is in order to hold things together for comfortable and fairly worry free usage.

I'm fairly disappointed with this diaper. Don't get me wrong, it's nice but it's nothing new and certainly not anywhere as thick as promised. It's not worth the price. Measured against a Secure X-Plus I have, they are the exact same thickness, even with the New bambinos being more loosely packed.

I'm writing a longer review for my blog right now. I just want to say though, that I am a little disappointed that Bambino used many of ABU's marketing techniques with this diaper by promising something that it isn't just because us ABDLs don't really get many options when it comes to diapers made just for us. I'd rather not be taken for a sucker. I would actually pay good money for a diaper made by an ABDL diaper company that actually delivers what they promise.

Looks like we are going to have different view - my review will be up soon with comparison pictures...I think what they said about it as fairly accurate. I think people just get their hopes too high for some monster diaper or something like that. I don't know - I think people should honestly just be happy we have choices whether its bambino, abu, abena, or molicare. *shrug*

• Like 1

^ You do realize that leaving a Bambino out longer it fluffs up because they are compressed a lot in the bag. And Dry 24/7 use more fluff to make it that thick? I mean yeh if you want a super thick diaper - Dry 24/7 looks definitely thicker even if Bambino's were to fluff up some. But, doesn't really speak to performance. But, yeh I guess if you want a massively thick pillow thick diaper between your leg - Dry 24/7's look thicker in that regard.

Its a preference thing - combo of performance, fit, thickness, design, etc. Everyone has their preference I guess.

^That pic is after they had both been out of the package and "fluffed up". :thumbsup:

It's not a point of whether Drys are too thick. It's a point of Bambino said they're as thick as Dry's/competition and they are clearly not. Shoddy marketing.

Mine don't look that thin...when I post a picture we will see. But, its a pretty moot point as they are two diff. diapers and most likely bought for 2 diff. reasons - one has a print that a lot of people like plus the absorbency and what not...other has no print maybe a slight bit thicker for whatever reason and good absorbency. Preference, preference, preference.

• Like 1

^That pic is after they had both been out of the package and "fluffed up". :thumbsup:

It's not a point of whether Drys are too thick. It's a point of Bambino said they're as thick as Dry's/competition and they are clearly not. Shoddy marketing.

What size were the two diapers? It does matter in this context too. That's not a medium Drycare. Is that a large Bambino new diaper?

(Just checking. You're entitled to your opinions. I don't have a cart either way for Drycare, since I don't need diapers so huge they can wrap around a monster truck tire)

That is a Med bambino and a medium Dry in the picture. I have some of the older "small" Dry's that are blue though that are still thicker if you'd like a pic of that too. In fact, I have a variety of different diapers. Ask me to compare to whatever you want and I will.

I think it's kind of hypocritical that most of this board will jump all over ABU for not producing what they promise and Bambino does the same thing and suddenly it's fine. I see a lot more critical reviews of the Fabine then the New bambino and guess what, they're the exact same diaper, so what gives?

This diaper is no thicker than a Secure X-Plus. You are essentially paying $30 more for the tape panel, which is kind of messed up. They're cute, I like the fit (they are similar to a small Bambino which I was truly sad to see go, so I'm glad to have that sizing back), but it's not worth $30 more. There is nothing innovative about this diaper that is worth the huge price tag which is basically my biggest beef.

^ Disagree, absorbency and performance in my opinion is improved and I like the print. Some people will say the fit is better for them and worth the money as well. Comparing ABU and Bambino is like apples and oranges as far as their situations go and how they advertise, products they carry, performance, and customer service. ABU is not bad but different. Everyone has an opinion - just like you do. People will defend ABU to the end and some people will criticize to the end...just how it goes and your perspective on things.

I think they are thicker and I will show that in my review quite easily. Not as thick as Dry 24/7's maybe but thicker than an X-plus for sure.

I just wanted to toss in a thought here. sure I'm one of the ones that bash ABU, but I feel they deserve it due to the BS they have dealt out in the past, which we all have seen.

As for the thickness of the new product from ABU and bambino, it could be that, like the major manufacturers of diapers for children, they are thinner and trimmer due to a couple of things:

1) cost, they use more SAP and less bulky pulp or fluff, making for a product that absorbs and locks away moisture, and has a trimmer, less bulky fit etc.

2) Public "demand" for products that aren't "Diapers" and are trimmer and fit better but less bulky so they wont 'show' and are discreet under clothing etc.

This could be the same thing, in order to get the absorption they (thought) they wanted, they used more SAP and less fluff bulk 'filler' which makes the diaper "look' thinner when dry. But when wet they absorb and swell like Molicares etc.

As Adrian said, it's all about performance. I too am a 'technical' D/L. Something can "look good, but I have to test it and try it out in order to form a fully rounded and solid opinion about it. Again, thats why I am so hard on ABU, their products are essentially "play props" and not 'really' functional diapers. But thats up to each one to decide, they just don't work for me, and paying a premium for a "prop" that gets used once to me is truly a waste.

One other point, Bambino / Secure personal care has a lot longer and better experiance in the production of diapers and incontinent products that do the people at ABU. They know what they are doing and have access to designs and manufacturers etc, more so than the folk running ABU....period. Infact there is a write up from Angela Bauer about the owner of Secure Personal care (Gary Hiersh, I just remembered his name :blush: ) who has been in the disposable diaper business and manufacturing industry for around 30 years, almost from the beginning, something ABU can't even come close to. If Bambino is a 'spin off' of Secure, then again they have access to all that knowledge and experiance and have evidently been building on it. Which is why bambinos just work better all around.

Now for the OP, is the new (still unnamed) diaper worth the added cost? *shrug* or it it just a prop for play? I don't know, as mine haven't arrived yet. But I do know that the Teddys and biancos that I have used and worn are some of the best and most comfortable and discreet adult products I have used, and I have tried a LOT. I also love dry 24/7's they are just amazing, but I have to be in a particular 'mood' to wear those. :blush: I don't know why that is.

Anyways, time will tell what happens with this current contest between ABU and bambino and their 'new' product. Still, given their track record, I'll side with Bambino and Secure personal care, as they have their act together and truely produce a superior product....but thats just me and my preferences> this first run new item might change over time, heavier plastic shell and wider stronger tapes...or not..I don't know.

But you also have to remember, Y*O*U asked for it! Now it's here, so appreciate what it is that has been provided. If it doesn't live up to your expectations, then you have to reexamine that, if it "fills the bill" :P then be grateful and happy for what we have.

They didn't have to make them....;)

I just got my new bambino diapers today and so far I like the new design, fit and performance of my diapers. I like the lower rise of these diapers on my waist and extra thickness between my legs, reminds me of my pampers from childhood. I love the new design, although I wore plain white pampers when I was younger - very babyish. So far, absorbency is great and I have plenty of capacity remaining. Not sure they are worth the premium compared to the other bambinos or Dry 24/7s, but I will reserve judgement based on final performance and my overall happiness of how they make me feel in the end.

I have to agree with Annie on this one. The thickness is really not what was advertised. I took it out and compared it against a medium Bianco, M4, and a 24/7, and it's tied for thinnest with the bianco. There's no discernable difference between the two. What Bambino itself refers to as "Double thick core padding" simply isn't there. If you really think there's a marked difference, then you either got a different product, or you're deluding yourself.

Now all of that being said, I actually like these a lot. And the main reason is the new sizing. I've always been an in-betweener of a Small/Medium in most brands, and this size fits me perfectly. The only other brand that I can say that about is the old style Dry 24/7's, and those were junk. I also like the new design on the panel, although I'm strictly DL, and while these are no thicker than a Bianco, they're certainly wider, which is nice, and perfectly stuffable. Comfort so far is quite excellent, too, although like others, I find the plastic backing to not be very plasticky...make of that what you will.

Anyway, decidedly not as advertised, but if you're not interested in anything thicker than what's already out there, and the sizing works, go for it.

Regarding the thickness, Adrian, if you disagree, tell me what you want me to compare against, and I'd be happy to provide pictures with a ruler as well. I have all kinds of varieties in my closet.

That is a Med bambino and a medium Dry in the picture. I have some of the older "small" Dry's that are blue though that are still thicker if you'd like a pic of that too. In fact, I have a variety of different diapers. Ask me to compare to whatever you want and I will.

Uh... I'm going to guess you aren't familiar with Drycare's sizing, but Drycare's "Medium" is larger than Bambino's Large. Drycare's "Small" is significantly larger than Bambino's Medium. There is absolutely no point to comparing those two diapers. A comparison to the X-Plus, as you have done, is much more apt.

When Bambino refers to the core and thickness, I assume they are referring to the endpoint core and thickness, as they have always been consistent with the line that the "before use" thickness has little to do with the diaper's usefulness, which is also a target for them. I could be wrong, but I know the one I was wearing balooned up like crazy O_O.

For me, however, that is irrelevant. Three things make this product superior for me:

1. It is smaller in sizing (yes, meaning that even a comparison to Secure is not entirely apt). Again, those of us who are true "small" size have very few options right now, and even less that aren't made with completely inferior material to the mediums and larges. Molicare small uses inferior lining and less thick "wings" that are prone to tearing. Abena small uses plastic that pretty much comes off with the tapes 100 percent of the time. Drycare "Small" could fit a "small" elephant and is literally their previously very large "Medium" renamed, not even updated with the rest of their line. This "Medium" is, while slightly larger than some of the "smalls" on the market, the best "small" diaper out right now.

2. The cut is trimmer and the pulp is less stiff: This is my one beef with Molicares, since i have to wear their mediums since their smalls aren't fit for use. Molis feel like I'm wearing a large sponge between my legs, which, of course, I am. It's uncomfortable after a while.

3. The material is softer, and chafes much less than other Bambino products have on me.

Again, I simply don't care much about "thickness" as my use is ultimately utility, and these diapers have the best utility that I've gained from a product since Bambino stopped producing small sizes.

There really is no point in trying to convince others about comparing Dry 24/7 and the new Bambino. They really are a different sizing between the two diapers so obviously the thickness is going to be different because of it. In the end its what you prefer - there really is no point in debating this. If you like Bambino with their sizing, cute prints, performance, customer service, etc etc then go with them - if they don't fit you quite right and dry 24/7's do then you will probably go with those. Everyone's body shape is different and preference as well.

I don't understand why everyone is thinking it's such a horrible thing I compared Dry's to the new bambinos when Bambino did themselves. They also claimed this diaper has the best absorbancy in the world and it is far, far from hitting that mark.

From their website:

-This new diaper will compete with the best of the best extreme diapers like 24/7

-New crazy absorbency Best in the world

I like the new print. I like the fit. Is it worth $30 more a case? Hell no.

I wear dry 24/7 every night, so my comparisons are fair-minded as a fan of both.

Both are super absorbent. Bambino X seems to have more SAP and Dry more filler to "feel" thicker. I would trust either as an overnight diaper, but I prefer the more form-fitting shape of Bambino for long day wear. Either will be used with plastic pants at night to prevent shifting and sagging.