LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

just got my new bambinos. Definitely has the same patch in the middle just like the fabine. this is the same diaper. No doubt about it. Feels very soft. Thicker than regular bambinos. I will give a full report. Plastic seems a bit thin. And with the increased sap that is a concern. The fabine pics on abkingdom of a wet one have a tear in it so we will see how it holds up. If it is an issue I have no doubt bambino will fix it.

You paid $4 per diaper because you bought a sample...your paying a company basically to rip open packages to make samples...they lose money on that. That goes for ABU, Abena, anyone. They are losing money on samples and have to raise some so they don't lose "as much" because they are betting on the fact that you will like the diaper and order more. In actuality they are $1.89/diaper if you order a case - while that is more expensive than a Dry 24/7 - albeit not a lot more - your paying for that special print.

Baffles me when people try to use "sample" prices to make generalizations on price...you paid more for the sample b/c they ruined a whole package to get those samples.

Will do my review on my blog later - but thus far I have been impressed with the diaper - the fit is a bit smaller but performance is better.

In my experience leaking seems to be more about the person than the diaper. Abena and Dry 24/7 always will leak on me always. No idea what exactly it is about them that causes it but I have never had them not leak. I use vinyl pants so it's not as big a deal as it sounds, but it is a consistent problem. Bambinos, Molicare, Tranquility, Attends, and Wellness don't leak, I think it has to do with the fit. Hopefully the new Bambinos work for me the same way the old ones do.

My samples should be here Wednesday, I'll post my thoughts when I get 'em.

on closer inspection holding the new bambino up to the light. The extra sap is actually on the sides of the diaper. The patch going down the center is a bit thinner, and the sides of it have more sap. do the same with your new bambino and you'll notice the patch is exactly the same shape as the fabine. the tapes are slightly different. the have a blue area where it connects to the back of the diaper. and the texture is different, more like they were when bambinos first came out. i hope this means that they are reinforced, as I usually have one tape seperate when sitting down. the cut is slightly smaller on the front and back panels, no change in width really, but cut at a sharper angle. I think why they are slightly smaller, is due partly to this slight difference, and having more sap. it definitely looks like an upgrade.

So... like Fabine but actually available and less than 2/3 of the price and not sold by a company with a penchant for being incredibly creepy? I approve!

... how do you know that it's like the Fabine, anyway? I didn't know anybody had actually received their orders yet.

Ya know, the more I read about this and think about it....it looks like we have had things backwards :o

ABU has been shouting that THEY have a new product out, thicker and more absorbent blah blah blah, and all this "MARKETING" has implied that ABU was the innovator and ahead of the pack and game etc, but why does Bambino, who quietly just happened to mention "Oh and BTW, we have a new product out...and its in stock" :o:huh:

This tells me that Bambino was the first to contract and get the diaper designed and manufactured and ABU is just a wanna be and trying to ride on Bambinos coat tails. Bambino is the leader and ABU is bullshit, that's why Bambino has their NEW product IN STOCK and selling and getting them in peoples hands..(and on their bottoms :P ) While ABU's "new" product is still stuck somewhere out in the Atlantic ocean :roflmao: Well, as of 10/23 they "finally arrived" :rolleyes:

So, you can think what you want, I believe that Bambino designed this one and ABU tried to steal it. maybe they got a sample leaked out somehow (thats why the 'sample" had the Bambino features....before it was 'conveniently' removed) I know it sounds scandalous....but I don't F*&%$ng care...as far as I am concerned ABU is just a trashy fly-vy-night company with a s*itty reputation which keeps getting worse.

Fabine...BFD, if you bought those you wasted your money....Evidently bambino has this act together and the proof is in the fact that they have the product on the shelves, and peopel are NOW testing them and giving feed back....Wheres ABU's item???

Oh, still shipping....THATS right :roll eyes:

Sheesh

I think you are correct. Abu is unable to offer competetive price on the fabine because buntewindel bought it from the manufacturer. Abu is buying them as a disrtbutor. They are the middle man, so they have to cover the cost to buy them from someone else first. I still believe that bambinos originate in china. Or they are made on the same kind of diaper machine as a Chinese company. Back a long time ago I had a case of secures with kanji on the box. Anyone also notice that Abu no longer has a price for the fabine. Any way the real winner is all of us. the price of both diapers will go down if people buy them.

I still believe that bambinos originate in china.

Myself and several others have been to their factory, where the actual presses are. They are not in China. They are, office and factory, in Redwood City.

The way diaper presses work, the dies, (the pieces of machine that cut the actual diaper and press the tape on as necessary) are interchangeable. Secure and Bambino (who are at least both in the same city in nearby offices (in the same building) and at most the same company, depending on who you ask) openly share machines and use similar if identical cuts between Secure's premium line and Bambino's lines in general. Fabine is not based in Redwood city, unless they stupidly shipped the diapers to Europe only to have them shipped back to the US.

I'm not sure what further evidence you want here, to be honest. I didn't think to take pictures while I was there and it was over 5 years ago. Sorry.

My sample pack arrived in the mail yesterday. This first led me to think about the name. I'd suggest "Poopers" as a name just like in the TV Show Dinosaurs if I had a Facebook account. 8-)

When they arrived, I pulled out a Teddy to check out how it shaped up to the New Bambino. The plastic is quite soft. It feels wonderful. The tapes are sound and so is the landing zone. The landing zone is as cute as advertised.

It's thicker than the Teddy, of course, and is much wider when folded up. The New Bambino is a full inch wider at the crotch when just folded. This probably means it's 2-2/5" wider in all. That means that there's more diaper area to scrunch between your legs and feel "thick" in two dimensions: thickness and in how wide (and pushed together) the diaper gets. I appreciated this clever solution to all of the clamoring for a thicker diaper that people have done since they came out with their original lines.

After trying it on, I discovered one thing I didn't like about it: I don't like how low-rise it is. I wish it came up higher. When I try the other New Bambino out, I'll line up the rise but I can say from experience that the rise of the diaper is lower. I imagine this was a cost tradeoff to fit more material into it width-wise, but I wish it really enveloped me at least a little further up my belly. That's part of the experience and something I think they'll want to work on. At $1.88 at the case price, I'm sure they can work out that kink on their next run. At the rate that I go through diapers I may not need to buy until then anyway.

I wore the diaper to bed and have been wetting since. This diaper is so absorbent I haven't even made it into the the rear with any of my wets yet. I felt no concerns whatsoever about lying on my side or my stomach or my back and wetting. I haven't worried once about how much wets came out or how quickly it'll be absorbed. There's a lot of SAP in it. Although unlike other diapers like Abenas that have a ton of SAP, my skin isn't irritated. The diaper has puffed up considerably. I'm waddling when I make my way around. I'm having a lot of fun in it, and it's certainly great for playtime!

Myself and several others have been to their factory, where the actual presses are. They are not in China. They are, office and factory, in Redwood City.

The way diaper presses work, the dies, (the pieces of machine that cut the actual diaper and press the tape on as necessary) are interchangeable. Secure and Bambino (who are at least both in the same city in nearby offices (in the same building) and at most the same company, depending on who you ask) openly share machines and use similar if identical cuts between Secure's premium line and Bambino's lines in general. Fabine is not based in Redwood city, unless they stupidly shipped the diapers to Europe only to have them shipped back to the US.

I'm not sure what further evidence you want here, to be honest. I didn't think to take pictures while I was there and it was over 5 years ago. Sorry.

I think we need to see the long-form version of this story, just to be sure. Can you get it from Hawaii so that everybody shuts up about it?

After trying it on, I discovered one thing I didn't like about it: I don't like how low-rise it is.

That's good news for me. I'm pretty short waisted and much prefer lower rise diapers like Molicare. The regular Bambinos are a decent fit but I'd like them a bit lower rise so this sounds perfect.

So the dies and materials originate in china. That would make sense. anyway so the factory in China making fabine for buntewindel also sold a machine to bambino. Put both diapers side by side and I think I'll be proven correct.

Back on topic. The new bambino is awesome. I usually wear a Classico with a quadro booster to bed. That gets soggy by morning. This new diaper not only took all I could put out last night it still feels like I can wet some more. the tapes held well. Improvement over the current tapes more hard plastic, stiffer and won't fold on itself. this diaper is worth it. I will be ordering these for my next case

So the dies and materials originate in china. That would make sense. anyway so the factory in China making fabine for buntewindel also sold a machine to bambino. Put both diapers side by side and I think I'll be proven correct.

Considering the text that appeared on the Fabine's early demos, it's more likely that they bought one of the dies (no new machine necessary) from Secure/Bambino and shipped that die to wherever the diapers were produced.

Back on topic too. Initial review:

Me: 28 inch waist. 32 inch hips.

Diaper: Medium Bambino "New DIaper."

Diaper size: Quite thick before wetting. Feels more or less similar to a molicare. I LOVE the cute print.

Diaper fit: Unlike the molicare, the diaper doesn't feel stiff in any way. It adheres to my body fairly instantly and snugs my curves/angles with ease. Feels extremely comfortable/soft while being thick.

Diaper texture: The texture of the front panel is similar to other Bambino products. No issues there. The texture of the diaper plastic itself is VERY soft, which makes for a softer "crinkle" and much less chafe on the diaper itself.

Motion: I didn't move all that much after putting it on, other than flopping into bed, but the tapes felt HIGHLY secure. :)

8 hours later (after I woke up)

Absorbency: I wore the diaper with no doubler, a risk I don't take often as I wet extremely heavily at night. The diaper held up admirably and feels as if it could easily take more. There is no liquid being pushed onto my skin and no sign of a rash.

Fit: The diaper is not remotely sagging. Good stuff!

Crinkle: Yup. Still crinkles. :)

I hope that's a useful review so far for you folks. :)

Leilin, your about my size how did the medium fit you and where did the tapes come to on the front? I understand they are running a bit small. How did you like the fit as say compared to a Small Molicare? (which I assume you can wear.)

I avoid the small molicare due to inferior materials to the other sizes, opting for the (slightly too big) medium when I'm not wearing cloth. The Medium bambinos are slightly smaller than the medium molicare, but fairly bigger than the small molicare.

I've got my first new diaper on and its held 2 wettings so far, but there are a couple of issues. First off, the tape print is great, and I like the way that it looks, but there have been some pin hole leaks, and one of the tapes has popped off the back of the diaper. I dont know if its they way that I put it on, or if it is a defect. Somehow or another I always seem to get diapers that have pinhole leaks......

Just took my first one off. They do hold a lot, but both bottom tapes pulled off the back of the diaper. Im not sold on them 100% yet. I really like the tape design, and I will proably buy them again because they are a Bambino product, but hopefully they will make future runs with tapes that wont pop off. I will have to try a couple of more to see if this is an issue, or if I just put the first one on too tight.

After reading the "Fabine" and "New Bambino" reviews this has to be the same diaper- the tape issues mentioned are pretty much the same and ditto on the fit. What I notice most is that ABU had so many problems getting these out while BHG has them on hand and is shipping them right away. Conclusion? If one can do it, then so can the other- so when one doesn't do it, that says something about the company itself.

I'm glad to see the direct competition and that someone is giving the people what they are asking for. With two major sources the price should remain reasonable at worst, or maybe a 'price war' will lower it. Those with a brand loyalty can stay with their favorite brand. If one runs out of stock the other might not so you don't have to do without. Perhaps we will see more 'identicals' being sold by different companies now. How can this not be a win for us all? :thumbsup:

Bettypooh