LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Strange days indeed - a 24 x 7 experiment

3 hours ago, Stroller said:

I reckon you'll be down to making your own from eucalyptus pulp and roo pelts soon...

You'll have to help me tie THAT kangaroo down sport...

On 7/21/2020 at 3:27 PM, oznl said:

the postage charges have gone bananas: an eye-watering A$66 delivery for a half-case

Is that using the mixed half case and selecting the nappies you want? There seems to be a bug with shipping charges for cases from individual nappy type pages.

Also, how do you go with the Abenas? I found that they can get damp on the shell after 8ish hours or so. Leaking around the rear leg guards while sitting once it's quite wet has been an issue for me too.

13 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

Is that using the mixed half case and selecting the nappies you want? There seems to be a bug with shipping charges for cases from individual nappy type pages.

Also, how do you go with the Abenas? I found that they can get damp on the shell after 8ish hours or so. Leaking around the rear leg guards while sitting once it's quite wet has been an issue for me too.

Yes, I was aware of that website bug (a bit ordinary that a defect of that magnitude is just left there) and I was ordering a mixed-half-case.  I just tried again and postage came out as a slightly more reasonable A$28 so either something was wrong on the day or I stuffed it up (probably the latter).

The ABU Simple leaks mercilessly on me (as comfortable as it is).  Apparently the countermeasure is the ABU Simple Ultra but limited to half cases and after shipping, that is AUD3.75 per unit (USD 2.66) making it a blindingly expensive way to spend a penny.  At that price, the BetterDry is a radically better deal (as expensive as THAT is).

The Abena has been pretty good so far but there are a couple of provisos that mean my experience may not map to yours.  Firstly, I routinely wear plastic pants over them so minor shell seepage would probably not even be noticed.  Secondly, I wear an Abri-let booster pad in them.  The L4 + Booster seems to be an all-day scenario.  I haven't tested them to failure and I haven't tested them overnight but they look promising.

The booster pads are very cheap, working out at less than AUD0.20 per unit so the whole combo is about AUD2.80 per unit, about the same as a BetterDry but a little more discreet and a good backup given BetterDry's "single source" of purchase with hit-and-miss availability.

Economy is definitely something that needs to be thought about for long haul 24/7 wearing.  I wish I had more time/latitude for cloth.

15 hours ago, oznl said:

The L4 + Booster seems to be an all-day scenario. 

One thing I haven't played around with too much is actual, purpose-built boosters, so I haven't really done the math or conducted trials on what using one provides, in terms of extended range. I had one bag of Rearz boosters that I bought two or three years ago, but I found that they swelled up excessively and tended to explode, before the rest of the nappy was fully utilized; arguably, they did their job too well. Also, I am finding myself able to get a good 12 or 14 hours out of a heavy-duty diaper like a BetterDry or a Rearz Elite or a Bambino, and that's about as far as I can go on most days in a big diaper. Later in the day when I'm either running errands, or have emerged from my office crypt, to mingle with my household, I switch to a medium-duty diaper these days, something like a Lil' Monster, which is in itself a paradigm shift for me - as we previously discussed, I used to go to really slim diapers for that part of the program, and not plastic ones, generally. So with my new-ish confidence in being able to operate surreptitiously thus attired, I am down to often needing only 2 diapers in 24 hours.

So I'm not sure what the addition of a booster would net me. If my kids weren't home and I had no plans to go out, I might be able wear one diaper for 24 hours, I guess - I've done that with cloth diapers before, and I've crossed the full-day boundary with a size-large Rearz Elite, which is an enormously thirsty garment. But in 24 hours, I'm still going to be in and out of that diaper at least a couple of times for the other of nature's calls, or, to exercise and/or shower, and hoisting a heavily-laden diaper that has seen a hard tour of duty is less charming as the hours rack up. 

I have employed boosters of my own design, in the form of a toddler diaper, with the shell perforated a bit like a tea bag, and placed into some of the inexpensive supermarket diapers I've picked up on sale here and there. In those cases, where the Depend (for example) set me back about $0.80, and the Pamper was maybe $0.52 CAD,  I'm getting around 6 - 7 hours for $1.32. The combo is also quite slim-fitting, although the downside is that there are a lot of variables being added to the "reliability" algorithm, which means that unless I'm at home, I can't go too far past about 50% capacity in that getup. I'll probably resort to this less frequently now that I've established I can wear bigger diapers with seeming impunity. 

20 hours ago, oznl said:

The booster pads are very cheap, working out at less than AUD0.20 per unit so the whole combo is about AUD2.80 per unit

Mind if I ask your supplier? Possibly Independence Australia? How do you find their discrete shipping? 

5 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

Mind if I ask your supplier? Possibly Independence Australia? How do you find their discrete shipping? 

For mainstream things like Abena, boosters & Molicare, yes, Independence Australia.  They are not particularly cheap but I have found them to be highly reliable.  Right through the COVID-19 mayhem, they haven’t missed a beat although they’ve struggled with stock for some lines.  Assuming my order is in stock (and the website will tell you), it will arrive in metropolitan Brisbane usually within 48 hours of me placing it.  The discrete shipping is a checkbox on their order page.  Your order will arrive in boxes constructed of generic cardboard.  There is a small white shipping label that indicates that the source is Independence Australia but this is no reference to the contents.

The only criticism I'd make is that their website is a bit hit and miss.  I've frequently found it hard to locate product by searching.  Often what you want does NOT seem to come up in the category of search you'd think it would (it's common for a vendor's product to be split across two or three different-but-similar naming conventions).  There are also "dark" products that if you know the SKU, you can order easily but good luck finding it via a search (absorbent waterproof pants for covering disposables at night).  They now take PayPal which helps a lot as it keeps a controversial charge off a credit card statement.

For BetterDry I have only one Australia source (Littles Downunder).  They are also quite reliable but did have stocking issues earlier this year (not their fault).  BetterDry have become expensive and they’ve told me that this is to do with the Euro/AUD exchange rate.

12 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

One thing I haven't played around with too much is actual, purpose-built boosters, so I haven't really done the math or conducted trials on what using one provides, in terms of extended range. I had one bag of Rearz boosters that I bought two or three years ago, but I found that they swelled up excessively and tended to explode, before the rest of the nappy was fully utilized; arguably, they did their job too well. Also, I am finding myself able to get a good 12 or 14 hours out of a heavy-duty diaper like a BetterDry or a Rearz Elite or a Bambino, and that's about as far as I can go on most days in a big diaper. Later in the day when I'm either running errands, or have emerged from my office crypt, to mingle with my household, I switch to a medium-duty diaper these days, something like a Lil' Monster, which is in itself a paradigm shift for me - as we previously discussed, I used to go to really slim diapers for that part of the program, and not plastic ones, generally. So with my new-ish confidence in being able to operate surreptitiously thus attired, I am down to often needing only 2 diapers in 24 hours.

So I'm not sure what the addition of a booster would net me. If my kids weren't home and I had no plans to go out, I might be able wear one diaper for 24 hours, I guess - I've done that with cloth diapers before, and I've crossed the full-day boundary with a size-large Rearz Elite, which is an enormously thirsty garment. But in 24 hours, I'm still going to be in and out of that diaper at least a couple of times for the other of nature's calls, or, to exercise and/or shower, and hoisting a heavily-laden diaper that has seen a hard tour of duty is less charming as the hours rack up. 

I have employed boosters of my own design, in the form of a toddler diaper, with the shell perforated a bit like a tea bag, and placed into some of the inexpensive supermarket diapers I've picked up on sale here and there. In those cases, where the Depend (for example) set me back about $0.80, and the Pamper was maybe $0.52 CAD,  I'm getting around 6 - 7 hours for $1.32. The combo is also quite slim-fitting, although the downside is that there are a lot of variables being added to the "reliability" algorithm, which means that unless I'm at home, I can't go too far past about 50% capacity in that getup. I'll probably resort to this less frequently now that I've established I can wear bigger diapers with seeming impunity. 

If you're using a super-nappy (BetterDry, Rearz etc), there's probably not much point to boosters in my opinion.  They are just a kind of long-range-fuel-tank for a more mundane "daily driver" nappy such as an Abena.  With a booster, I can get BetterDry levels of performance from a nappy that is available from multiple medical suppliers as opposed to a single ABDL outlet. 

Others have also said that tactical booster use can avoid field-based nappy changes.  A booster can be yanked and replaced, leaving the host nappy in situ.  I haven't tried that myself but it's  a trick I will keep up my sleeve.

Having said that, I'm half curious to see if they would help the flawed-but-comfortable ABU Simple.  That product leaks prolifically on me and I suspect it relates to it doing a poor job of wicking.  The padding toward the front saturates out and leaks with the rear mostly dry.  The leaks seem to occur around my thigh fronts whereupon it drains and ponds at the bottom of my plastic pants to cause inconvenience later.  It's occurred to me that perhaps a booster might help here.  I guess a cloth layer (underwear?) would also act as a kind of wicking layer but that (and the consequential laundry) somewhat defeats the purpose of a disposable.

Why 24/7?

I get a lot of questions from people asking me “Why 24/7”?  As well as questions, I get a lot of people who take a lot of time (and ASCII) to explain to me why my decision to go adopt 24/7 nappy usage is a terrible one (it might be) and what kind of alternative THEY would recommend.  That’s really an answer rather than a question (and not even a question I asked) but I don’t mind.  It’s interesting to learn about others and I do sincerely mean that.

I think even most of the “Why 24/7” questions are at best rhetorical indictments on my sanity.  I’m inclined to agree.  There’s a lot of logistics, inconvenience and social risk involved in professionally peeing in your pants.  You’d have to be a bit mad to do it.

I was asked one of these questions the other day in a different place but this enquirer was genuinely wanting to understand what had led me to such an extreme choice.

It occurred to me at this point that I’m not sure I really know the answer.  WHY do I wear nappies 24/7?  I’ll try to think it through.

I’ll start by describing what the reason is NOT.  I was NOT battling incontinence.  It’s a common story amongst the 24/7 demographic, people citing various battles with fading or dubious continence before inevitably (and without prejudice) falling into the soft embrace of nappies.  I wasn’t one of them.  Well, I wasn’t when I started 18 months ago anyway.  Things might be a little bit debatable now.  Sure, there was some standard middle-aged urgency and my capacity to make it through the night without a pee was clearly, and irritatingly disappearing but this was all secondary.  I have no idea whether those original issues have gotten better or worse because I have not practiced continence for nearly 18 months.  I left it on a metaphysical shelf.

So, why DO I do this?

NOT being in nappies makes me less happy.  I do envy the folk who dip in and out of the “padded zone” recreationally, have some quick jollies over a relaxing afternoon and are then happy to hang up their plastic pants and go water skiing or something but that’s not how it ever was for me.

My nappies make me calmer and more relaxed.  Inverting this, taking my nappies OFF make me LESS calm and LESS relaxed.  It’s hard to find situations where you would like to be less calm and less relaxed.  I’d love to give you a rational explanation for why this is so but I don’t think there is one.  This was getting worse over time not better.  It was not obviously sexual and nor was it episodic.  It just was.

By 50, I longed to be in nappies to the point where it was distracting and frustrating to be OUT of them.  This sense of loss and longing was getting progressively worse over time.  Towards the end, it was MUCH worse, almost a dysphoria that was becoming all-consuming, distracting and destructive.  

Why would I want to episodically make myself unhappier by NOT being in nappies?

The eradication of borders.  I suppose an alternative to the dilemma posed by #1 would be simply to increase the amount of time I spent in nappies.  Readers of my blog from early days may recall that I did do this but it was never enough.  It seems the prescience alone of having to LEAVE my nappies was contaminating my comfort of being in them.  Compounding this, whilst OUT of them, all I could do was count the hours before I would be getting back IN to them again.  Maybe perhaps this is because I am a pessimist but I’m one of those guys who cannot enjoy a summer’s day without it being alloyed by the thought of the winter than will inevitably follow it.  Before you laugh, consider the maxim “Pessimists are rarely disappointed”.  It’s true.  Even when I WAS comfortably in nappies, I’d find myself fixating on the inevitable end of the venture: concealment, laundry, shame, guilt.

This low-level anxiety is all gone with 24/7.  There is no lost opportunity, no leaving, no “good-bye”, just nappy changes.  I just go with the flow so to speak. 

Domestically, I needed to occupy the territory I was claiming.  On the marital front, transitioning to nappies always triggered a degree of friction which tended to abate once I was attired, only to re-emerge next time I went to wear one.  Territory thus won however would need to be re-won once ceded.  With 24/7, all of the border skirmishes between wearing and not-wearing disappear and there’s no more territory I need to capture.  If I’m always in a nappy, then this removes the debating point of whether or not I should be allowed to put one on. 

It’s almost a darkly comic “Black Mirror” moment that my partner’s persistent campaigning against my unusual underwear habit should in some unexpected way, would wind up as a critical reinforcement of the very behaviour she was seeking to expunge.

Really though, it’s #1.  I’m happier, more secure and more comfortable in nappies…  #2 & #3 are somewhat secondary.

A thoroughly inadequate explanation I know but at least it’s a 5 minute read.

8 hours ago, oznl said:

It seems the prescience alone of having to LEAVE my nappies was contaminating my comfort of being in them.  Compounding this, whilst OUT of them, all I could do was count the hours before I would be getting back IN to them again.

I definitely concur with this. I wore nappies to bed pretty much every night for a good stretch prior to going 24/7 - close to a year - and the best days for me then were the rare ones where my family other than I, had to go somewhere early in the morning, or when I had the house to myself, or when I was travelling for work and maybe had a morning of head-down office work planned, prior to a meeting or whatever. All of these resulted in my being able to go to bed in a nappy, and wake up without facing the immediate prospect of taking it off, which always made me feel "worse", basically. 

It got to the point where it was, in some ways, pulling me away from my family... I came to look forward to their absence, just so that I could indulge, and I found reasons, whenever I could, to join them a couple of days later on vacations, etc, just so I could have 24 or 48 hours of relief. I started my journal here primarily to discuss preparations for having the house to myself for a few weeks last summer - my intention was to spend that time 24/7. In that particular example, my prolonged sabbatical from them wasn't premeditated entirely to get me some diaper time - they were going to spend 6 weeks in Europe, and there was no way I could take that much consecutive time off without possibly risking my the employment that was allowing us to afford the trip in the first place. But, it did cause me to recognize that I was being drawn in a direction that curved away, and not toward, family involvement... and life is short, and in the blink of an eye we'll have the house to ourselves again and sometimes we'll wish we had a sink full of dishes and the laundry machine ran daily and there were more shoes than could possibly be explained on the floor by the front door. 

I realized that if I wore diapers all the time, having the house to myself might still have its charms on occasion, but it wouldn't be scented with the lullaby relief of nappy cream's intoxicating perfume. And, indeed, I have found this to be the case; I legitimately believe that my wearing diapers has brought us closer together. I don't look for ways to create time away from my family with nearly the same enthusiasm. I also think my wife and I get along better, at least in part because it's hard to muster the starch for a good argument, while clad only in a ridiculous diaper. But that ridiculous diaper often causes me to pause and think, well, she puts up with a lot, and I've gained a lot of ground here... maybe diplomacy is called for. Plus, I know I'm in a better mood, generally. I don't have to think about when this diaper is coming off; there's another one queued up. And I've proven to myself that I can make being in diapers work under pretty much all circumstances, so I have no plans to change course, which has eliminated at least one dark cloud from the horizon, and in these stormy times, that alone makes wearing silly underwear worth the effort. 

14 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I definitely concur with this. I wore nappies to bed pretty much every night for a good stretch prior to going 24/7 - close to a year - and the best days for me then were the rare ones where my family other than I, had to go somewhere early in the morning, or when I had the house to myself, or when I was travelling for work and maybe had a morning of head-down office work planned, prior to a meeting or whatever. All of these resulted in my being able to go to bed in a nappy, and wake up without facing the immediate prospect of taking it off, which always made me feel "worse", basically. 

Well all this really rings a bell with me.  Once a started wearing for a significant part of the day, knowing I had to stop later always loomed in my mind.  As I wore more and more of the time, that was always in the background.  Being unhappy about it, and resenting whatever it was that meant I had to go back to having no protection.  And yes, it isolated me from my family a bit, and I wanted to be on my own more.

Once my wife knew I was wearing for most of the day it was a bit better.  Once she started accepting I would be wearing when she was around that was better still.  But it wasn't until this March, when she accepted me in nappies at night too that the dread of being out of nappies again went away.  To be honest I was surprised what a weight it lifted off my mind.  Now I'm in a nappy all the time, my wife has accepted it, and she helps when needed to keep it away from friends and relatives.

• Like 1

It is said bad things come in threes and thusly I managed a trifecta of three sequential nappy failures last weekend.  I actually expect that the concept of “threesomes” with respect to events has more to do with the human psyche identifying trends from random events but why spoil a good proverb.

An evening dinner party commitment I was hosting (now that these are again permitted in my jurisdiction) gave me cause to revert to a “three nappy per day” pattern on Saturday.  My all-day Abena L4 + Booster had performed well when I changed myself at around 5pm.  My normal course of action would be to don a BetterDry and leave it in place until the next morning.  My plan for the evening however involved a number of very nice craft beers with friends and I thought that a BetterDry might be a bit bloaty and floaty by bedtime. 

Rummaging around I found a half-used pack of Molicare premium “elastic”: more like a strapped-on pad, they are ok for upright use, visually discreet, quite absorbent but useless in bed where their complete absence of side protection more or less guarantees significant leakage.  A pair of those with plastic pants should however last me through the evening until a bedtime nappy change.

As expected, the evening was pleasant and well hydrated.  We finished up around midnight.  I didn’t think I’d actually used my nappy that much but as I carried the last load of dead soldiers to the recycle bin, I imagined that the leggings of my plastic pants felt a little cool.

Upon changing, I found that I was in fact completely drenched.  I’d clearly lost all track of how much I had wet.  The Molicare was sodden all the way up to the rear waist band and the inside of my plastic pants were wet with pee.  I was extremely lucky my jeans had remained dry(ish).  The plastic pants were consigned to my private wash pile as Fail #1.

Because the “overnight” shift was compressed down to about 7 hours and my bladder was empty, I rummaged further in the box-of-leftovers and found a Molicare slip maxi.  These used to be my “go to” nappy for out-of-office use in my previous 3 nappy-per-day regime.  They should do the job and save a more expensive BetterDry for a more worthy battle.

It was almost a retro-experience conducting a surreptitious midnight nappy change in my study whilst my wife occupied our bathroom.  I hadn’t worn a Molicare slip maxi in quite a while since assuming my “2 super-nappies-per-day” habit when lockdown started back in March.  They suddenly seemed impossibly flimsy and thin.  Regardless, I pulled on some terry-lined waterproofs over them and devoid of quieting compression pants, crinkled loudly down the hall before falling into bed, more or less immediately, a deep, alcohol-assisted sleep.

The next morning, I woke wet: not unusual after booze these days.  I wasn’t actually THAT wet at all but nevertheless, I’d somehow managed to wee OUTSIDE my Molicare and the terry lining inside my waterproofs was yellow and damp.  It looks like I may have let go on my side.  At least the bed was dry.  Cue terry lined trainers to join last night’s plastic pants in my private pee-wash pile.  Fail #2…

After a brief freshen-up in the shower and application of sudocrem, for a weekend day nappy, I selected another Abriform L4 with a booster pad. 

Right out of the packet, I found the lower right-hand side tape to be well taped already to the adjacent nappy as it appears to have not been folded away during packaging.  I’ve noticed a few of these minor tape faults with Abena.  It seemed to fix anyway but popped off as I was pulling up my plastic pants.  I re-fixed it, pulled up my plastics more carefully and then pulled on a compression pant over the lot before jeans and started my day.

Of course, at some point it silently popped off again and later that afternoon I discovered that I had successfully peed in my own pocket…

Fail #3 jeans joined the waterproof trainers and plastic pants for an unexpected Sunday night washing load.

Beloved chose not to ask…

3 hours ago, oznl said:

It is said bad things come in threes and thusly I managed a trifecta of three sequential nappy failures last weekend. 

Oops.  Once you're on the beers all bets are off really.  It's so easy to lose track of your nappy when you're half cut.  I usually have a couple of glasses of wine in the evening, which isn't a problem.  There are a few beers in the fridge, but I don't raid the fridge for one often - usually just one when I'm mowing the lawn & getting hot & sweaty, so no real threat to my nappy capacity there either.  Every week or two (before lockdown) I used to take Binky for a walk to the pub for lunch & I'd have a couple of pints there, but that generally works OK too, as I just miss out on a mid-morning mug of tea & arrive at the pub thirsty.  I've always managed to get back home again without needing a change, but once or twice didn't change quickly enough when I came home, so had a little leak.

Anyway, the pubs are open again, and I went back to my local up the river a couple of weeks ago for the first time for months.  They were really well organised, taking orders in the beer garden, delivering to the table (not normal in the UK for drinks), with tables widely spaced.  I was with my daughter, & we had 3 pints each & I still made it home OK.  I've half got a trip planned for today, but it could be a bit tricky since I've got a UTI & I've got to keep drinking plenty of fluids.  I'm wearing an extra soaker in my nappy all this week, but that makes walking any distance risky (chafing is much more likely), and means I'm wetting a lot more so how could I get home from the pub without a change?  Maybe I'll go anyway, it's going to be a hot day today...

24 minutes ago, Stroller said:

Anyway, the pubs are open again, and I went back to my local up the river a couple of weeks ago for the first time for months.  They were really well organised, taking orders in the beer garden, delivering to the table (not normal in the UK for drinks), with tables widely spaced.  I was with my daughter, & we had 3 pints each & I still made it home OK.  I've half got a trip planned for today, but it could be a bit tricky since I've got a UTI & I've got to keep drinking plenty of fluids. 

Yep, certainly not normal for the UK.  I lived there for a few years myself and tested many, many pubs ?  Hope the UTI clears up.  How in the heck did you manage to give THAT to yourself?  Never had one myself and they are supposed to be pretty rare with factory male plumbing but my wife's managed a couple (usually through dehydration).  Not fun...

16 minutes ago, oznl said:

How in the heck did you manage to give THAT to yourself?

No idea.  I've done nothing daft.  Other than wearing nappies of course...

Anyway, the antibiotics seem to be doing their job.  Which appears to be mainly turning my wee brown..

• Haha 1

An interesting thing happened in bed last night.  As it was a weekend, I’d had a beer and a few glasses of red before bed.  I wasn’t intoxicated but nor would I have considered driving a car.  I’d been in a BetterDry that I’d changed into at my evening shower around 6:30pm.  The BetterDry had therefore copped a lot and was fairly wet already when I went to bed.  I pulled on a pair or terry-lined waterproofs over the top as insurance before pyjamas, clambered somewhat soggily into bed and swiftly fell asleep at around 11pm.

I don’t think I actually wet in my sleep last night.  That doesn’t happen every night and for the last few days, I don’t think it’s happened at all.  The bedwetting thing is prone to going away and reappearing.  Most mornings over the past several days I have clear recollections of stirring in the night and using my nappies before falling back asleep.  History suggests it won’t last though. I’m not “reliable” anymore and I will wake up some morning this week with no clue how I got so wet.

Anyway, I think it was around 3am this morning that I woke up to find myself having been asleep on my back: a practice that only appeared some months after going back into nappies permanently.  Previously I would have described myself as an inveterate side-sleeper.  As is habit, I semi-reflexively tried to empty myself although I had no urge.  I was aware that I was fairly wet already and I didn’t want to risk wetting my terry-lined waterproofs or worse, the bed through wetting on my side whilst asleep or something. 

For probably a minute or two it seemed like nothing was going to happen and there was nothing to void but then something odd occurred.  I started to feel that faint vibration at the tip of my penis that is one of the tactile signals that urination is taking place but there was no sensation at all of peeing from anywhere else.  My bladder was silent.  I lay there for a few seconds assuming that I was not wetting was yet wondering how such a vivid haptic illusion of peeing might be caused when I noticed a warm trickling running down over my perineum into the seat of my nappy as I lay on it.  It stopped for no reason I could feel but then it started again, unbidden and with no signal other than a resumption of that faint vibration and a trickling warm wetness deep in my nappy.

I WAS peeing but I couldn’t feel a thing other than growing wetness.

There wasn’t that much.  It was nothing like a bladder full but nor was it a few stray drops.  It was just a couple of weak spurts that probably only lasted several seconds each and clearly, I had permitted them to take place.  The weird thing about it though was the complete absence of any sensation other than “fluid is coming out/I’m getting wetter down there”.  It was like my bladder had not bothered to tell me something, figuring out (correctly) that it wouldn’t have made any difference anyway. 

Later this week marks the start of month #17…

2 hours ago, oznl said:

Something that is quite normal with the girl anatomy with a swolen or tighter fitting nappy, pee seems to go straight through the hydrophilic innermost layer on the inside and straight into the absorbant core. When this happens, I don't get any trickling around the area or bum if I'm laying down, instead just feeling warmth spread and the nappy core expand. Could this be what you've experienced? Otherwise if the nappy is not making direct contact with my parts, then I do get the expected trickling sensations.

2 hours ago, oznl said:

The bedwetting thing is prone to going away and reappearing. 

That's my brief experience too! After two accidents while sleeping last week, I've woken each time for the past week ?. Nonetheless, I'm always wearing, hopeful and prepared for accidents at night.

7 hours ago, oznl said:

That happens to me too sometimes, when I'm half asleep in bed.  I get little or no notice that it's going to start, then I barely notice it starting.  Occasionally I've started wetting without realising it's happening.    And often I really can't tell whether it's stopped or not.  And anyway, it starts and stops on its own for no obvious reason.  Not like when I'm upright and awake - I imagine gravity makes a big difference.  Anyway, I've been enjoying the lack of control I've got at night now.  No sign of wetting in my sleep, & perhaps there never will be, but when I'm awake in bed, wetting just happens 2 or 3 times most nights, without any conscious control from me.

16 hours ago, oznl said:

For probably a minute or two it seemed like nothing was going to happen and there was nothing to void but then something odd occurred.  I started to feel that faint vibration at the tip of my penis that is one of the tactile signals that urination is taking place but there was no sensation at all of peeing from anywhere else.  My bladder was silent.  I lay there for a few seconds assuming that I was not wetting was yet wondering how such a vivid haptic illusion of peeing might be caused when I noticed a warm trickling running down over my perineum into the seat of my nappy as I lay on it.  It stopped for no reason I could feel but then it started again, unbidden and with no signal other than a resumption of that faint vibration and a trickling warm wetness deep in my nappy.

There wasn’t that much.  It was nothing like a bladder full but nor was it a few stray drops.  It was just a couple of weak spurts that probably only lasted several seconds each and clearly, I had permitted them to take place.  The weird thing about it though was the complete absence of any sensation other than “fluid is coming out/I’m getting wetter down there”.  It was like my bladder had not bothered to tell me something, figuring out (correctly) that it wouldn’t have made any difference anyway. 

It was roughly two years ago that I first experienced the “vibration”.  It’s happened several times since.  At the time I attributed the vibration to pee striking my diaper.  But without question you’ve correctly identified the source.

For me it’s an out of body experience.  I can feel I’m wetting the bed (diaper) yet I have no control of the act.  Very enjoyable!

https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/63662-a-question-for-the-guys/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-1504831

On 8/1/2020 at 8:48 PM, oznl said:

I have experienced this exact same thing - a feeling of vibration in the nether regions, other tactile feedback that dampening is occurring, but no bladder sensation at all that I am in fact peeing. Usually I notice this some time after I have given the order to void, when I would assume that activity would have abated. I've noticed this more when I've been sitting in my office for a good stretch, rather than in bed. I've wondered if I was hallucinating on occasion. 

On more than one occasion I’ve felt the so called vibration while drifting off.  It’s brief followed by a long nothing, perhaps a another vibration and sleep.  Sometime later I wake with considerably more than a “vibration” in my diaper.  I swear the transition to sleep releases are outside my conscious control.  They just happen and I’m spectator of sorts.

No vibes this week.  In accordance with @ozziebee's previously described theory on the sinusoidal nature (against a gently lowering mid-line) of acquired dependency,  I've been pretty much 100% continent day and night these last few days.

A poster on another, similar place in one of the more shaded corners of the internet (ok, it was Fetlife) proposed a “game” to be played by ABDL adherents looking to develop or accelerate dependency.

Basically, a “points” system would be established to reward voiding.  More voiding yields more points.  The idea is that more frequent voiding (albeit in smaller quantities) would encourage the establishment of new and more desirous patterns of voiding automatically.

The points system was honour-based and it IS the internet.  That, my general diffidence about calling a spade a spade and accepting that I’m journeying towards dependence and lastly the fact that it didn’t seem like a particularly meaningful thing that I needed to do meant that I wasn’t about to sign up for this game but I *did* wonder what my urinary voiding cadence looked like from an objective-data perspective 18 months in.

So, I measured for a couple of hours.  Obviously, I could NOT measure volume as that would involve removing, weighing and replacing a used diaper a yet-to-be-determined number of times over a couple of hours.

Instead, I left a spreadsheet open on a computer adjacent to the one that I was using.  Every time I noticed a dribble, I created a timestamp entry in a cell.  Thusly, I “opened the taps” and did something else on my work computer.

It quickly became apparent that this “game” would be burdensome for any length of time so I decided to limit my efforts to a few hours.  It didn’t help that it happened to be my wettest time of day: the few hours at lunchtime where I’m well hydrated and sitting quietly at my desk, hopefully doing something more productive.

Here’s the data:

Time

Delta-T

12:38

-

12:39

0:01

12:40

12:41

12:49

0:08

12:56

0:07

13:07

0:11

13:13

0:06

13:20

13:21

13:23

0:02

13:27

0:04

13:30

0:03

13:32

13:34

13:38

13:40

13:47

13:54

13:58

14:00

14:14

0:14

14:24

0:10

14:41

0:17

14:47

0:06

14:49

15:24

0:35

15:29

0:05

15:38

0:09

15:45

15:55

0:10

16:15

0:20

To spare you the cut-and-paste arithmetic, the average interval between micro-voids was roughly 6 minutes and on average, there were 9.2 voids per hour.  There was considerable variability in the void intervals that I suspect may have been a delayed response to fluid intake.

Next time on “Better Nappies Through Science”, I will explore voiding volumes, nappy capacities and leakage patters thanks to my acquisition of suitable scales and development of a suitable methodology…

2 hours ago, WBxx said:

Surprised how little time elapsed between voids.  Wonder if the same holds true (for you, for me) while sleeping.

That kind of was "rush hour" for wetting frequency and to do that, I need to be consciously relaxed down there.  I've learned to do that for long periods of time.

I suspect at night, there is high frequency dribbling when I first get into bed but it slows down or stops during sleep.  This might be vasopressin, it might be unconscious holding.  I don't really know.  My suspicion is that it slows to periodic voiding (3 - 5 times per night) which I may or may not remember.  I haven't had any strong signals from my bladder for quite a while.  To really understand what happens asleep under the covers is going to require telemetry technology!

Maybe not dribbles, but as my sleep wetting has progressed I’m convinced the volume per void has declined with a corresponding increase in frequency.  I’d give anything (almost) to know the when and duration of my nocturnal releases.