LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Strange days indeed - a 24 x 7 experiment

On 3/22/2023 at 12:39 AM, Little Sherri said:

Yup, neither is mine. In actuality, the plot for me would probably go along the lines of:

"Clearly, you need someone to take you by the reins and make decisions about every aspect of your existence. I have decided to step into that breach. Mommy would like you to pack up all your diapers and donate them to a thrift store, never speak of them again, and go paint the kitchen. When you have done that, you may have a beer. One. Good boy. Say 'Yes, mommy' for me." 

This is why I've never bothered writing a story.  I reckon I could do it but I was always told "write what you know" and what I know isn't the stuff of fantasy that I suspect the market wants ?  If anybody is interested in grim, gritty film noir genre ABDL stories, just yell out.

In other updates,

The Rearz Inspire+ continue to be by far the most comfortable way of getting my jeans wet that I know.

I've deduced that the “pee overflowing the top at my crotch and wetting my pants” issue can be mitigated by folding the top of the nappy down in on itself after putting it on but the “pee leaking out either side of my crotch” issue appears less tractable.

I don’t pay much attention to peeing these days but any unusual sensation mid-stream invariably catches my attention.  I’m no stranger to warm trickling in the relevant area but with these, on occasion, almost always when sitting in these nappies, pee goes “ultra-wide” either side of ground zero and all-too-often, I feel a warm rivulet or two running down the inside of my plastic pants at the inner thighs before it eventually makes a break for freedom and my outerwear.

Last Sunday, on a whim, I put one on as “daywear” and subjected it to the same punishment regime that would normally get flung at a boosted-Abriform L4.

By the end of the day, I really was pushing the definition of “damp spot” on the seat of my shorts towards flat-out “wet spots”.  At some point, I stopped sitting down and eventually, brought forward my evening change.

It’s a shame.  They are nearly as comfortable to wet as cloth nappies.

In a flash of retrospectivity, I realised that they bear some similarities to the “ABU Simple”.  I’d tried ABU Simples as daily-driver nappies some years ago when my labours cost more and freight cost.   less.  Unfortunately, ABU Simples leaked similarly.

Nevertheless, there DOES seem to be a LOT of pee lately.  I weighed the dead Inspire+ from Sunday and found that I’d subjected it to just over 2100ml of duty cycle!  For a day nappy, I’d be expecting no more that 1500ml.  I’m hoping it’s the first hints of cooler weather meaning that instead of sweating fluid out, I put it in my nappy.

I’ve got 9 more Inspire+ with which to make furniture and clothes wet.  I won’t be buying any more of those but I will mourn the loss of their glorious soft, enveloping warmth when wet.

Or, I could consider buying the “XL” ones with all of the (deserved) body-shaming that choice implies.  In my defence however, there’s no other disposable that sees me needing anything more than “Large” (I bought “XL” mermaids once only to discover that there was room for a friend in them) despite my phone-booth-physique. 

On 3/25/2023 at 1:29 AM, oznl said:

Or, I could consider buying the “XL” ones with all of the (deserved) body-shaming that choice implies.  In my defence however, there’s no other disposable that sees me needing anything more than “Large” (I bought “XL” mermaids once only to discover that there was room for a friend in them) despite my phone-booth-physique. 

I've been pushed over to XL in a couple of the new Rearz models because they've shrunk the L size (while also increasing the quantity per case to 48, from 36). This was a blow to my self-image, such as it is, because I can still fit into a medium Megamax, granted, snugly, but it makes that top-tier product usable for daytime wearing. The MegaMax large is quite big, and their XL is laughable on me, approaching bariatric proportions. However, Rearz dropped their size large measurements slightly on some new models, and while the diapers themselves have barely changed size, the outer reaches of the landing zones have contracted inward. For the tape-on products, this is merely an inconvenience, and only if you find yourself wishing to open the hatch before the flight is complete, but for hook-and-loop products that are also plastic-backed, it's a fatal flaw, because if the tab doesn't reach the runway, you have to reach for a stapler. 

My problem area remains my legs, which are tree-like in diameter. By my waist measurements, I could still fit into some of Rearz' medium products. 

Add “disintegration” to the Rearz Inspire+’s range of party tricks.

I decided to do some yard work.  Actually, no: few males decide to do yard work.  Generally this decision is made on their behalf, by a spouse and this one was no exception.  Such is life married to a suburban dominatrix.

Because my part of the world hasn’t yet got the memo about Autumn (fall), it’s still one zillion degrees with steam-bath humidity by about 9am.

If Dante hadn’t checked out early writing “Inferno”, he would have fleshed out a few more circles of hell.  Despite circles 2 until 5 being known as the “circles of incontinence” (this is true, you can google this so it must be although incontinence has multiple nuances of meaning), I think he missed some.  One of these that he never got around to documenting was the one where occupants do endless yard work in stifling heat and humidity whilst wearing a thick, insulating and warmly-wet nappy.

Within a few minutes of starting, every piece of me was slickly wet so I’d kind of lost track of how my underwear was performing.  A couple of hours later, after I’d stuffed the last fallen palm frond Fargo-like into the mulcher, the wettest garment on me was my t-shirt.

It wasn’t until I got inside that I realised that things felt a little odd downstairs: kind of loose and heavy at the same time.

Dropping my shorts, I discovered that instead of a nappy, I appeared to be wearing a 70%-empty white plastic bag where the bottom 30% hung and swung low with 1.5 kilos of disintegrated, pee-soaked gel and pulp weighing down the crotch yellowishly.  No wonder it felt strange.  With all of the padding having fled south (perhaps looking for the cooler climes that South brings in the southern hemisphere) for the last hour or two I hadn’t been wetting my nappy so much as peeing in a one-third-full plastic bin-bag covering my nether regions.

I guess Rearz Inspire+ don’t like yard work either.

I’ve got 8 left to find what they DO like…

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
On 3/27/2023 at 10:13 AM, Little Sherri said:

The MegaMax large is quite big, and their XL is laughable on me, approaching bariatric proportions. 

On that note, did you ever get any of the Pink Mega's that A. C.  had on blowout sale?
I tried, but the order was returned as 'out of stock'  >_>

I ended up deciding not to, @diapered 4 ever. The price was great, but they'd have been enormous on me, making them strictly "around the house" diapers... and possibly too pink for that service, since "around the house diapers" means "in front of my wife diapers" most of the time. I appreciate the heads-up though.

This week I clocked 4 years of unbroken “24/7” nappies  (my usual caveats apply: actually, I’m a little longer “24/7”, closer to 51 months but since I went back into big boy underwear for a couple of weeks in March 2019, I reset the clock making the first week of April the more hard-core “Nappyversary”).

Before taking the time to document my thoughts on this dubiously-credible milestone, I scooted back through time to read my own chronical from this time one year ago: my third anniversary.

It’s a good thing I did.  So little seems to have changed during year 4 that my update will be mercifully short:  Still married, still basking in my beloved’s displeasure, still wet…

Still daytime-continent, I think…  I haven’t tested for many, many months and still find myself curiously apathetic about doing so, but this time, to the extent of not bothering at all.   I suspect not much has changed though.  There’s a few times I’ve realised I’m wetter than I can recall during the day but I’m fairly sure it is a failure to remember decisions as opposed to a failure to exercise decisions. 

There’s been a handful of times when I’m peeing that I suddenly realise that I hadn’t gone through any kind of mental checklist (such as “Am I in a nappy?”) before doing so.  I just peed. 

This kind of checklist is of course a completely pointless formality by now but clearly a part of my brain still thinks it is important as realisation that I skipped that pre-pee checklist produces a slight startle response.  That MIGHT be something new in year 4.  I also have a vague hunch that it’s that kind of “unthinking” that drives my bedwetting. 

Perhaps I will develop day-wetting to match.  My range is so poor now that I’d be a pretty infuriating companion for most things if I was NOT in a nappy anyway.  Nappies are far more practical during the day.

I still wet the bed regularly enough.  I’m honestly not sure if it’s any more than the “half the time” it was this time a year ago.  It seems to come and go in waves but it would be unusual to be dry at night for a week.

Another minor, possible, physiological change is that I’m becoming vaguely aware that I just NEVER seem to “need” to pee anymore (although I never seem to be completely dry either) and disturbingly, it seems that it’s getting harder to start a pee even when I deduce that there must be something in my bladder.  I have some low level concern here that my bladder is no longer draining properly and I’m aware that this could pose some kind of medical risk.

Really though, it’s been “same same”  for this year I think.

It’s possible I’m on the biggest “plateau” of them all with respect to this voyage OR that I’ve lost insight to “progress” (if it can be called that) OR, (and this possibility for some reason seems strangely depressing to me), I’ve reached the end of the developmental road, the bottom of the rabbit hole and THIS is as nappy-dependent as I will ever become.

I’m yet to get tired enough of my nappies to want to give them up although I’m very sure my beloved would still like me to very, very much.

Most of the “big rocks to move” life challenges I foresaw in my future back in April 2022 are still out there: integrating nappy usage with my medical history, dealing with familial mortality, handling exposure.

The only main “big rock” I’ve had to deal with is inflation.  The cost of nappies truly sucks now.

I guess it’s onwards into year 5.  There’s a certain clarity in a 5 year sentence, perhaps it’s because 5 is a prime number, indivisible by any other number than itself and 1, perhaps it’s because it’s half a decade.

5 years it is I guess…

• Like 5
On 4/6/2023 at 1:33 PM, oznl said:

This week I clocked 4 years of unbroken “24/7” nappies

Thanks for the update, oznl.  I thought it was a good opportunity to compare where you are to where i am now.  It's now 3 years of unbroken 24/7 for me, mostly in cloth nappies, plus 18 months before that wearing full-time during the daytime.

Still daytime-continent, I think…  I haven’t tested for many, many months and still find myself curiously apathetic about doing so, but this time, to the extent of not bothering at all.   I suspect not much has changed though.  There’s a few times I’ve realised I’m wetter than I can recall during the day but I’m fairly sure it is a failure to remember decisions as opposed to a failure to exercise decisions. 

There’s been a handful of times when I’m peeing that I suddenly realise that I hadn’t gone through any kind of mental checklist (such as “Am I in a nappy?”) before doing so.  I just peed.

I think this is where your focus and mine were always a bit different, so I'm not surprised we're not quite in the same place now.  I junked the "mental checklist" right from the start of 24/7, wanting to lose the responsibility of control as my main priority (don't ask me why, but it's fundamental to why I'm ABDL). So there was never any question in my mind about controlling my wetting being an option.  So I learned early to relax the relevant muscles, and trained myself to ignore any urge to control my wetting when my bladder spoke.  So "I just peed" is my normal state and has been for a while.  I know I'm wetting when it's happening, but it doesn't always register in my memory.  And I don't need to make any decisions before wetting these days.  Often I've no idea how my nappy becomes as wet as it is.  And of course I've still no idea whether I've lost continence, as I've not tried to stop my wetting once in the past three years.

I still wet the bed regularly enough.  I’m honestly not sure if it’s any more than the “half the time” it was this time a year ago.  It seems to come and go in waves but it would be unusual to be dry at night for a week.

I've still never wet in my sleep, as far as I'm aware.  No idea why not, but it doesn't particularly bother me.  When I'm in bed half awake I often wet without any warning.

Another minor, possible, physiological change is that I’m becoming vaguely aware that I just NEVER seem to “need” to pee anymore (although I never seem to be completely dry either) and disturbingly, it seems that it’s getting harder to start a pee even when I deduce that there must be something in my bladder.  I have some low level concern here that my bladder is no longer draining properly and I’m aware that this could pose some kind of medical risk.

If I need to wet, I can still take a conscious decision and then wet, if there's anything in my bladder.  I don't often need to do this, but it's sometimes handy just before a nappy change that it would be inconvenient to put off.  I never have a full bladder though - I've always wet long before I have that much in my bladder.  As fas as I'm aware my bladder empties fully when I wet, when I'm upright anyway.  At night when I'm horizontal I don't think it empties fully, but I don't see that as a problem - it's just that gravity isn't contributing.

• Like 4
On 4/8/2023 at 6:00 PM, Stroller said:

I think this is where your focus and mine were always a bit different, so I'm not surprised we're not quite in the same place now.  I junked the "mental checklist" right from the start of 24/7, wanting to lose the responsibility of control as my main priority (don't ask me why, but it's fundamental to why I'm ABDL). So there was never any question in my mind about controlling my wetting being an option.  So I learned early to relax the relevant muscles, and trained myself to ignore any urge to control my wetting when my bladder spoke.  So "I just peed" is my normal state and has been for a while.  I know I'm wetting when it's happening, but it doesn't always register in my memory.  And I don't need to make any decisions before wetting these days.  Often I've no idea how my nappy becomes as wet as it is.  And of course I've still no idea whether I've lost continence, as I've not tried to stop my wetting once in the past three

Interesting.  My “mental checklist” certainly isn’t a deliberate strategy.  It is only becoming obvious to me that I have one by the emergence of occasional startle responses when I realise I'd forgotten it; those “OMG I’m wetting myself!  Oh, no, that’s alright.  I’m wearing a nappy…” moments…

I suspect that if this trajectory DOES continue, I’ll wind up with days that look like my nights, featuring occasional wetting events that either go completely unnoticed or announce themselves to me only by that spreading-warmth feeling in the relevant zone but they’re early days for that.

I suppose at THAT point I'd need to have a think about whether or not I'm still continent in the usable sense of the word.

On 4/8/2023 at 6:00 PM, Stroller said:

I've still never wet in my sleep, as far as I'm aware.  No idea why not, but it doesn't particularly bother me.  When I'm in bed half awake I often wet without any warning.

When you're in nappies all the time (and they're usually somewhat-wet), it's hard to spot bed wetting.  I do believe by the time I finally cornered it into direct observation, it had been going on for a while intermittently.

Some of the "known" events (precipitated by me falling asleep in a nappy that I KNOW to be dry and yet waking up wet) occur completely out of conscious awareness but just as many wake me to some extent as they are occurring.  Sometimes with those I won't even realise I'm wet until I check.

It's quite common for the sensation of wetting myself to rouse me slightly but interestingly, in contrast to the day, there appears to be no "startle response".  I'll just become aware that I'm peeing which of course in a securely-fitted nappy is quite a pleasant experience and I'll fall straight back asleep without even knowing if I've finished or not.  It just becomes a blurred memory fragment the next morning that I can dimly recall peeing at some point.

Perversely, I quite like my occasional bedwetting.  It's (assuming I'm suitably attired) very comfortable and strangely comforting.  I can recommend it.

• Like 3

You folks have me thinking about thinking about peeing, now. A lot does happen on autopilot, but I *think* that only has to do with, as @Stroller said, not committing anything to memory. Like trying to remember a particular breath I took a couple of hours ago. Whereas if, say, the dog farted, I would remember that breath, because it was notable. 

It's an interesting quantum uncertainty sort of situation... if I pay attention, I know with great certainty that I won't pee unless I let it happen. But then there are hours and hours where I don't think about it. I don't believe that the process has automated itself, though - I just think I'm not taking notes. 

There have been moments, sometimes as long as several minutes, where I've achieved a sort of "urinary Zen", after an emissions event, where things just seem to stay open or relaxed down there, and I become aware of a continuing transfer by way of external stimuli - swelling or trickling or expanding warmth - but I have no sensation that I'm wetting from the primary sensors. When that happens, I have to tiptoe around like I've spotted a wild rabbit in the backyard - if I run towards it, it disappears. It would be interesting to be able to summon that condition at will, but, alas, it happens rarely, intermittently and unpredictably. 

At night, sometimes I wake up wet with no recollection of how it happened. I assume that's "bedwetting", because the same thing used to plague me almost every night as a child, although now, it is, again, intermittent and unpredictable. I've had it happen three times in one week, and once in three weeks. All the other times, I either didn't wake up at all, and when I got up I really needed to pee, or, I got woken up by the need to pee, did so, and then went back to sleep. I find that irritating when it happens. I'd be fine with just flagrantly wetting the bed while sleeping like the dead. So, I don't seem to have any issues with feeling the need to pee. 

Initiating an "unnecessary" event is hard, though - I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here, or not. But, let's say that I wanted to gratuitously pee in my diaper, because, say, I was going to be taking it off and just wanted to use up as much of it as I could, or maybe because it was a diaper I'd never tried before and I wanted to get a feel for how much trickling it allows - that could be hard to do. I might have to push pretty fiercely, even though, 10 minutes before, I'd done the same thing by merely not trying not to. Expelling the last few ounces in there is an effort. I don't really recall if that was the case in "the before times" or not, and nor do I know if it portends any kind of problem. 

• Like 1
On 4/12/2023 at 2:13 AM, Little Sherri said:

It's an interesting quantum uncertainty sort of situation... if I pay attention, I know with great certainty that I won't pee unless I let it happen. But then there are hours and hours where I don't think about it. I don't believe that the process has automated itself, though - I just think I'm not taking notes.

Yep, the old Quantum indeterminacy principle as applied to peeing.  Something that I've observed in myself for a long time.

On 4/12/2023 at 2:13 AM, Little Sherri said:

Initiating an "unnecessary" event is hard, though - I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here, or not. But, let's say that I wanted to gratuitously pee in my diaper, because, say, I was going to be taking it off and just wanted to use up as much of it as I could, or maybe because it was a diaper I'd never tried before and I wanted to get a feel for how much trickling it allows - that could be hard to do. I might have to push pretty fiercely, even though, 10 minutes before, I'd done the same thing by merely not trying not to. Expelling the last few ounces in there is an effort. I don't really recall if that was the case in "the before times" or not, and nor do I know if it portends any kind of problem. 

Similar-ish...  My cadence of peeing is utterly divorced from having a full bladder (or even discernible urge) but I am noticing it seems to be getting harder to do so.  I never have to strain but it seems to be taking longer for anything to happen and some other times, despite all the usual physiological clues, nothing happens anyway..

I'm also 100% convinced that I have severe, incomplete voiding...  Any pee event occurs in installments now.

I don't know if it's age or my choice of hobby...

• Like 2

My beloved is one of those inexplicable-to-me and irritating creatures that falls deeply asleep within 300 seconds of clambering into bed.  Last Friday she did this as is her habit, quite early whereas I stayed downstairs to watch the end of some mindless TV program.

The program concluding, my attention was drawn to the near constant distant lightning that had been flickering away in the night sky for the last hour or two.  This was clearly escalating and by then, near-constant distant thunder could also be heard.  It’s been a super-quiet meteorological season here this year but it seems on Friday, our sub-tropical storm season decided to go out with a bang, literally.

Walking out onto our rear deck, the warm air was heavy with moisture and electricity.  The rumbling was much louder now and lightning was transiently illuminating huge, low and disturbingly close cloud formations, in particular, a marked “shelf cloud” indicating an advancing supercell-thunderstorm.

A sudden freezing roar of wind threw the pool umbrella into the pool and vegetation scudded across the sky. 

It was time to close some windows.

As I wheeled about to retreat indoors to secure the premises, a wall of rainfall hit with the noise of a jet engine.  Crashes and bangs could be heard above it from about the house.  The electricity flickered ominously before the bangs got louder, interspersed with the unmistakable “plink, plink, plink” noises as increasingly large hailstones were hurled against the metal roof and windows.

I raced around slamming shut all the windows that had been open through the until-very-recently balmy evening.  Each window I approached seemed to be admitting a deluge of tepid storm water.  It felt like I was on a sinking submarine.

Finishing downstairs, I moved upstairs and repeated the process of securing the premises.

Last stop was our bedroom.  My beloved was in bed snoring gently whilst things blew off shelves and rain was blasted through the open windows.

The building secured I went to change for bed only to discover that my pyjama pants, along with many other clothing articles, adjacent to one of the windows were wringing wet.

Using the awesome and insightful kind of reasoning power that avails itself to me after a vat of red wine on a Friday, I just thought “Screw it”, dropped the sodden pants on the floor and went to bed without them.

She did not stir. 

The next morning, she arose first.  As she made coffee downstairs, I luxuriated in bed, contemplating a day of fishing 15% of our garden out of our swimming pool.

All too soon, she returned to our room bearing coffee.

Placing my coffee cup on the bedside table beside me, her gaze locked to the pyjama pants on the floor beside me and her lips hardened.  She hates it when I just sleep in a nappy and t-shirt, a recollection that had eluded me the previous evening.

Disapprovingly, she pointedly bent down and picked them up off the floor.

Within 100 milliseconds of grasping them she went “EEEK!!”, like a mouse that has been trodden on and faced me accusingly.

“They’re WET!!!” she gasped, dropping them as though they were bathed in battery acid, contemplating her hand as though it would now be necessary to have it cut off.

Some explanation was required.

“There was a huge thunderstorm…” I explained, possibly unhelpfully.

Her eyes bulged even more.  They actually moved out a bit.

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING??”

I could instantly see the reasoning rabbit hole she’d gone down:  if it wasn’t enough that her defender, provider and domestic engineer had taken to wearing nappies instead of underwear and not withstanding the "uncontained bedwetting incident" of only a couple of months ago, this wanton abandonment of adulthood had now extended to being sufficiently scared of thunder and lightning as to involve pants-wetting (using an ounce of logic it should have been apparent to her that even this unfortunate scenario would NOT have resulted in wet pyjamas because I wear nappies all the time but what's logic got to do with this?)

“It’s just RAINWATER!  You’d left the window in the walk-in-robe open, everything on that shelf was drenched, it is NOT pee, everything is fine here!”

She paused, slightly confused: “There was a storm?”

“You ARE kidding right?  Look outside…”

At my pointed counter-glare and aware of her truly Olympian ability to sleep through things, she glanced out the bedroom window to survey a sea of fallen palm fronds and slightly re-arranged garden furniture.

She then broke out in a kind of guilty giggling, forgetting completely that I was sitting in bed addressing her wearing only a spare t-shirt and an obviously-wet night nappy under plastic pants so I got away with that at least.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

I had a slightly-bizarre nappy dream this week.  In it, I was travelling away interstate enduring yet another of my (former) employer’s excruciatingly annoying off-site sales conferences.

Anybody who has had the experience of working at an executive level in a major multinational is probably going to be familiar with these miserable rituals: a teeth-grindingly-tedious series of dubiously-credible motivational talks, dreary PowerPoint presentations that are forgotten as quickly as they are delivered, break-out groups delivering butcher’s-paper-recorded deliberations that are unfailingly never heard of again and the embarrassing agony of “team building” activities all against a backdrop of endless conference-centre mints, bad coffee and an alcohol-infused cheap team dinner.   If you are especially unlucky, you’ll find yourself dining on low cost alcohol and cheap hotel food whilst drunken sales reps will belt out a Karaoke version of Queen’s “We Are The Champions” at the point where you thought things couldn’t get any worse courtesy of some “Gala” dinner (Galah dinner really…)  

I wasn’t even IN sales.  Those are just some of the headlines.  I’d have to write a whole book to do justice to the awfulness of these things.

Anyhow, this was a dream so there were the usual kinds of glaring situational anomalies that all seem perfectly ok in dream-world.

For a start, there’s the fact that I haven’t worked as an executive in an organisation that would even consider a sales conference in years.  My current semi-retirement employer’s definition of “conference facility” would be anywhere carpeted and ideally not on fire although even those requirements would be, for the right price, negotiable.

Secondly, THIS sales conference, despite being “interstate” was occurring just outside my bedroom: literally.  In a fashion that would have seemed quite curious in any other context, a whole wall of my bedroom had mysteriously disappeared to instead open a view out onto a very large hotel conference room that was filled with one hundred or more soon-to-be-inebriated, suit-clad sales people seated at “team tables” before a presenter.

In my bedroom with me were half a dozen or so colleagues who were on my “team” for whatever it was we were supposed to be doing.  The team dynamics were remarkably realistic.  There was a single, overly-competitive, obnoxious type who fancied himself as a leader despite nobody wanting to follow him, one or two slightly-engaged but corporate-toadying contributors and a balance of silent members who did nothing but occupy the space, consume oxygen and metabolise the cheap hotel buffet breakfast into farts.

We were in some kind of break-out session and something was supposed to be being done.  A small number of conference facilitator/supervisors floated from team to team, bristling with unfounded and transient authority as they exhorted their hapless captives to ever more fervent production of unproductive corporate gibberish drawn onto their butcher’s paper flip charts.

Even by MY standards, I’d reached some kind of next-level of disengagement.  I was so unplugged from the proceedings that I actually started to feel bad about it.  A slight pang of guilt penetrated the firewall of cynicism I had constructed for myself.  I DID have team-mates who MIGHT be depending on me and I didn’t even know what the team activity we were supposed to be doing even was.

A facilitator then breezed in to my bedroom to judge our “productivity”.  She looked at me pointedly and said “You’re not exactly dressed for this occasion are you?”

I looked down at myself and realised that I was wearing an old pair of spattered, stained and torn jeans that I use for painting.  She was right.  I looked like I’d fallen out of a tree.  I really needed to lift my game here on many levels.  How convenient that we were all in my bedroom where my clothes were.

I walked over and opened a chest of drawers I don’t own in real life to retrieve a more respectable pair of dress pants that I probably DID own in real life.

It was only then It occurred to me at that removing my trousers in front of my colleagues would necessarily expose my nappies to them (nappies hadn’t featured in this dream at all until this point).

For some dream-reason, this didn’t seem to bother me at all.  It was just something I was aware of.

And so I went ahead and with the removal of my ragged painting-pants, sure enough exposed the “shapewear” compression panties I commonly wear over my nappies to slim them down and keep them in place.  For the avoidance of doubt however, my white plastic pant leggings and waist elastics poked out cheekily, giving further clue as to the cause of my curiously bloated and featureless crotch area.  I also knew I was wet but it hardly seemed relevant.

Totally in accordance with my assessment, nobody cared or even seemed to notice.

As I was pulling up my more-respectable outerwear, the facilitator/supervisor returned again and demanded to know if we were ready to present our corporate team deliberations to the full group.

I still had no idea what we were supposed to be doing.  At this my stress levels rose but being a dream, mercifully this woke me up and I dodged the presentation.

It was around 2am and I semi-automatically performed my customary midnight nappy sit-rep:  my dry-upon-retiring Babykins cloth diaper was now wet at the crotch and down one side toward my left hip so clearly I HAD peed in my sleep somewhere along the line.

I’ve no idea when that happened.  There were no wetting events within the dream I could recall although I somehow knew I WAS wet during it.

I fell back asleep.  As far as I know, I did not wake again until dawn at which point I was soaked.  It was clear that I’d continued to pee myself through the night whilst sleeping.  This was slightly unusual.  Typically I only have one “sleep wetting” event if I’m going to have any and I’m awake for subsequent episodes. 

I even leaked a tiny amount whilst sitting in bed drinking Sunday morning coffee (simply because my nappy was drenched) but not enough for my beloved to notice.

That was what my 1,626th night slept in nappies looked like.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, oznl said:

...a balance of silent members who did nothing but occupy the space, consume oxygen and metabolise the cheap hotel buffet breakfast into farts.

i'm sorry, have we met at a conference, was I on your team ? That seems to be me....😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Totally me!  I'm there for the beer and pretzels, and a few M&M throws from the peanut gallery, followed by copius amounts of browsing the Internet on mobile phone.

Fun times!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rather irritatingly, I awoke at 4:30am this morning in a dry nappy because I needed to pee.

I’ve no idea why my body still does this.

I can remember that the first waking thought that crystallised in my head was “No!  I can’t pee now because I’m awake!”.  This begs the question that it could be that some part of my brain was aware that I needed to pee but I wasn’t “asleep enough” for it to happen the way I would have preferred and so some part of me was inhibiting things until I was (this trick NEVER works).

To be honest, with less than three hours before I had to get up, I briefly toyed with getting up to use a toilet, saving myself the laundry (I was wearing cloth).

The trouble with this is that it breaks my internal rule (pee in pants, nowhere else) and secondly, my beloved would inevitably become aware of this and I’d find myself having to re-capture ground with respect to my night nappies.  She knows that I’m  a bedwetter now (she doesn’t know how often) and so she’s largely stopped her pressure for me to skip night nappies because she’d prefer to sleep in a dry bed.

So I just lay there and peed myself.  It was hard to even get started, hurt when it did and took ages to finish.  This is happening more and more often lately.  I’m pretty sure it’s NOT a UTI but rather, my pee pressure is very low and any kind of obstruction between my bladder and the great outdoors (erections and/or tight nappies are the usual suspects) causes instead, pee to build up in my urethra which hurts.

I wasn’t even very wet when I was done.  The next morning upon changing I found myself to be 50% dry down there.  It was a waste of a nappy.  I tried to stay in it for a while after waking at which venture my beloved suddenly found it massively urgent that I hand over my pyjamas for Saturday washing: a none-too subtle hint for me to change myself.

Colour me disgruntled…

• Like 2
On 4/21/2023 at 9:37 PM, oznl said:

Rather irritatingly, I awoke at 4:30am this morning in a dry nappy because I needed to pee.

I’ve no idea why my body still does this.

Diagnosis from afar … insufficient hydration.  Glass of water before bed should resolve the issue.

• Thanks 1
On 4/20/2023 at 8:33 AM, oznl said:

Anybody who has had the experience of working at an executive level in a major multinational is probably going to be familiar with these miserable rituals: a teeth-grindingly-tedious series of dubiously-credible motivational talks, dreary PowerPoint presentations that are forgotten as quickly as they are delivered, break-out groups delivering butcher’s-paper-recorded deliberations that are unfailingly never heard of again and the embarrassing agony of “team building” activities all against a backdrop of endless conference-centre mints, bad coffee and an alcohol-infused cheap team dinner.

Lord, have I been there, my friend. You have artfully encapsulated these mindless and pointless monuments to corporate jingoism. How many lifetimes have been spent on this? Honestly, in aggregate, the waste is tantamount to a homicide. 

I rang in, though, to mention that I got betrayed today by a Rearz Inspire+, in glorious fashion. I'd had one on since last night, but it was a dry slumber, so really, the clock started this morning. I was working on a presentation that I'm leaving in my wake while I go golf in the Southern US, and dribbling away mindlessly. At lunch, I stayed at my desk. At some point shortly after that, I became aware that the front of my baby pants were fantastically swollen, and I resolved to conduct my next pee whilst in a different position. I found myself squatting shortly after that, cleaning up water that our puppy had dumped out of his bowl, and I thought, here we are, a new position... and go. Which was a mistake, although at least I had a towel already in my hands. I actually started leaking through the back of my jeans - it was dribbling onto the floor. 

I stood up, took my jeans off, finished cleaning the floor, then started contemplating walking over to the house to get changed, and how I was going to do that in a big, sodden diaper, when my eldest, home for the summer from university, came walking up the stairs. I was holding an empty dog bowl and my jeans and a towel, which I positioned in front of myself, and then I said, as soon as she crested the staircase "Don't judge me, I just got soaked by the dog..." She laughed, said it had happened to her the day before, and then launched into if it was worth returning a piece of jewelry she'd ordered on the internet for $8. Short answer: no. I ended up walking back to the house carrying my pants and the towel, timing my crossing of the driveway to a point at which I could hear no traffic coming up the street, and, I pulled my golf shirt down as far as it could go. I am not "inspired". 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
On 3/25/2023 at 12:29 AM, oznl said:

This is why I've never bothered writing a story.  I reckon I could do it but I was always told "write what you know" and what I know isn't the stuff of fantasy that I suspect the market wants ?  If anybody is interested in grim, gritty film noir genre ABDL stories, just yell out.

In other updates,

The Rearz Inspire+ continue to be by far the most comfortable way of getting my jeans wet that I know.

I've deduced that the “pee overflowing the top at my crotch and wetting my pants” issue can be mitigated by folding the top of the nappy down in on itself after putting it on but the “pee leaking out either side of my crotch” issue appears less tractable.

I don’t pay much attention to peeing these days but any unusual sensation mid-stream invariably catches my attention.  I’m no stranger to warm trickling in the relevant area but with these, on occasion, almost always when sitting in these nappies, pee goes “ultra-wide” either side of ground zero and all-too-often, I feel a warm rivulet or two running down the inside of my plastic pants at the inner thighs before it eventually makes a break for freedom and my outerwear.

Last Sunday, on a whim, I put one on as “daywear” and subjected it to the same punishment regime that would normally get flung at a boosted-Abriform L4.

By the end of the day, I really was pushing the definition of “damp spot” on the seat of my shorts towards flat-out “wet spots”.  At some point, I stopped sitting down and eventually, brought forward my evening change.

It’s a shame.  They are nearly as comfortable to wet as cloth nappies.

In a flash of retrospectivity, I realised that they bear some similarities to the “ABU Simple”.  I’d tried ABU Simples as daily-driver nappies some years ago when my labours cost more and freight cost.   less.  Unfortunately, ABU Simples leaked similarly.

Nevertheless, there DOES seem to be a LOT of pee lately.  I weighed the dead Inspire+ from Sunday and found that I’d subjected it to just over 2100ml of duty cycle!  For a day nappy, I’d be expecting no more that 1500ml.  I’m hoping it’s the first hints of cooler weather meaning that instead of sweating fluid out, I put it in my nappy.

I’ve got 9 more Inspire+ with which to make furniture and clothes wet.  I won’t be buying any more of those but I will mourn the loss of their glorious soft, enveloping warmth when wet.

I'm currently posting a darkly satiric period piece to test a theory that's similar to yours.  It is set in the era of cloth diapers, and I suspect that after the first chapter the readership will be limited to people with a cloth diaper experience.  With rare exceptions, I'm guessing that this will cut out everyone beneath the age of 40.  The mid-Victorian fetish studies conducted in both the UK and on the continent tell us that fetishists are very particular about their totems; therefore, we should not expect those wedded to disposables to come on board.  I'm also testing a theory that the bulk of the readers do not want gritty reality but, as you say, pleasurable fantasy.  

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Lord, have I been there, my friend. You have artfully encapsulated these mindless and pointless monuments to corporate jingoism. How many lifetimes have been spent on this? Honestly, in aggregate, the waste is tantamount to a homicide.

I'm especially impressed by what has been (in MY life experience) the sheer totality of the pointlessness for those butcher's-paper/flip-chart team break-out exercises.  I don't think I've EVER seen ANY of those exercises even mentioned after we've all flown home to our respective cities, let alone operationalised.  It's like the whole thing was kind of an intellectual dummy load with the output piped directly to /dev/nul

And to whoever coined the phrase "There are NO bad ideas", I hope Darwinian selection got them.

I suppose it's possible I've missed the point of them which is to DO the work, not HAVE the result.

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I rang in, though, to mention that I got betrayed today by a Rearz Inspire+, in glorious fashion.

It's Tuesday morning here and Tuesday is a public holiday in Australia.  Accordingly I changed out of an old-school folded terry towel night nappy into, yes, you guessed it, a Rearz Inspire+ because, like Everest, they are there...

It's again gorgeously comfortable (only slightly damp) but I'll be home all day painting a garage so my risks are mitigated.  Furthermore, I now live in what is officially an "empty nest" so my risk of exposing wet patches is limited to my beloved, giving her something to roll her eyes about.  I fully expect at the end of the day that my jeans will be in the wash due to inevitable Inspire+ failure.  Those jeans would have needed a wash anyway so what the heck.

4 hours ago, Babypants said:

I'm currently posting a darkly satiric period piece to test a theory that's similar to yours.  It is set in the era of cloth diapers, and I suspect that after the first chapter the readership will be limited to people with a cloth diaper experience.  With rare exceptions, I'm guessing that this will cut out everyone beneath the age of 40.  The mid-Victorian fetish studies conducted in both the UK and on the continent tell us that fetishists are very particular about their totems; therefore, we should not expect those wedded to disposables to come on board.  I'm also testing a theory that the bulk of the readers do not want gritty reality but, as you say, pleasurable fantasy.  

Ooh, I'll keep an eye out for that.  I don't spend time in the story forums as a rule as it's not what I'm looking for but I might make an exception for that one.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, oznl said:

And to whoever coined the phrase "There are NO bad ideas", I hope Darwinian selection got them.

My wife throws this at me from time to time. She has a degree, but after that, she also took a business course at a community college level, and came out of it with one nugget that she has held onto ever since: the idea that, when "brainstorming", there are no bad ideas, and people should throw everything out there, and not shoot down other people's ideas. Since then, though, she's been blessed to never have worked in a corporate environment, where those teachings would have been excised using box cutters, without anesthesia, ergo, when we're trying to come up with an idea or solve a problem as a family, sometimes she'll throw out something absurd, which will cause me to say "No, that's obviously not what we're going to do, that's a conversational and intellectual dead end, next idea please...", and she'll say that I'm spoiling the spirit of brainstorming and I clearly don't know how to do it. 

But at work, if I proposed, say, solving a lead time problem by leasing an Airbus A380 from Emirates, at $252500 CAD per day, I wouldn't be invited to anymore meetings. 

14 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

My wife throws this at me from time to time. She has a degree, but after that, she also took a business course at a community college level, and came out of it with one nugget that she has held onto ever since: the idea that, when "brainstorming", there are no bad ideas, and people should throw everything out there, and not shoot down other people's ideas. Since then, though, she's been blessed to never have worked in a corporate environment, where those teachings would have been excised using box cutters, without anesthesia, ergo, when we're trying to come up with an idea or solve a problem as a family, sometimes she'll throw out something absurd, which will cause me to say "No, that's obviously not what we're going to do, that's a conversational and intellectual dead end, next idea please...", and she'll say that I'm spoiling the spirit of brainstorming and I clearly don't know how to do it. 

But at work, if I proposed, say, solving a lead time problem by leasing an Airbus A380 from Emirates, at $252500 CAD per day, I wouldn't be invited to anymore meetings. 

Do you want to attend meetings?  I should think that the trick is to find ways to get yourself disinvited.  In my experience, the easiest way is to become the committee chair ... and then not call any meetings.

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, Babypants said:

Do you want to attend meetings?  I should think that the trick is to find ways to get yourself disinvited.  In my experience, the easiest way is to become the committee chair ... and then not call any meetings.

Yep.  Many years ago, before I took early retirement, I had my strategy down pretty well I think.  Firstly I wouldn't go to meetings unless there was a clear agenda written down that made clear what the meeting was intended to achieve.  Secondly I wouldn't attend unless someone competent was going to take minutes, assuming the objectives included dishing out work &/or making decisions.  Thirdly if I got bored in meetings my objective was to get the meeting to move on to the next item in the agenda, whatever the outcome.  All that meant I managed to get a fair amount of work done.

Hi oznl 

so now that you have been in diapers 24/7 for so long now do you think you could go back to wearing normal underwear or do you think you have reached a point where it’s too late.

Dear Mr oznl (cannot receive messages)

Double Terry Vinyl Pant Concern

After showing "Out of Stock" for months Babykins recently removed the Double Terry Diaper Pant from their offerings.  Without the standalone diaper it’s hard to imagine they’ll continue offering your combination diaper/vinyl pant.  Stock up now!

WBxx

• Thanks 1

This week I’ve road-tested a couple of the “Critter Caboose” nappies.

I bought a packet of these (along with the comfortable-but-for-me-tragically-dysfunctional Rearz Inspire+) on the rebound the other week when Derek (my local nappy supplier) had run out of Barrys (Rearz Incontrol Elite Hybrid).

I usually indulge in a pack or two of recreational hyper-nappies to supplement the more humdrum “daily driver” products that I spend my time peeing in.  I can even rationalise this expenditure by using them for overtime-shift scenarios such as where I might go out for a dinner party and accordingly, change early, perhaps at around 4pm.   A muscle-nappy means I can drink the night away, stagger home and fall into bed for and sleep without changing myself (I do terrible nappy changes when drunk).  By breakfast, I will have clocked up 14 – 15 suitably hydrated hours in the same nappy which is more than I can reasonably ask from a Barry or a BetterDry.

My thoughts on the Critter Caboose?

Oh the décor…

I need to keep these well-hidden from my beloved.  The “Mermaid Tales” were bad enough but at least the cartoon motifs on them were arguably merely “youthful”.  The Critter Caboose is very definitely decorated for the kindergarten demographic; the kind of fashion decision that could well see me sleeping in my car and wondering if my beloved has in fact phoned the police.

Marital censure aside, their unapologetically infantile motif means that on an overweight, over-height late middle aged male with a beard, I must look, at best, very silly indeed.

Oh well, that’s what opaque plastic pants are for.

Unlike the Mermaid that uses hook-and-loop tape (that I love for its grip and resilience), these use a more traditional sticky tape and plastic “landing zone”.  The tape is awesome but kind of a one-shot deal.  It sticks so well (bonding at some apparently-molecular level) that unsticking usually comes at the expense of partial disembowelment of the nappy.  I wish they’d give some tape 10% this good to Abena.

Since I had no issue with the hook-and-loop architecture and that design also permits numerous re-adjustments, I consider it superior.  Its absence on the Caboose is therefore a point off relative to the “Mermaid Tale”.  It’s overkill and doesn’t withstand recycling.

Whilst the “Large” Caboose fitted me easily enough, I found them strangely tight around my inner thighs.  This wasn’t to the point where circulation got cut off or anything but I definitely noticed them ON me down there.    They were also VERY thick between my legs.  Even fresh and dry, these things are waddle-wear out of the gate.  Add in a liter or two of pee and I found myself going from duck-walking to moon-walking.

They were comfortable dry and then they were comfortable wet.

It’s just a shame that they repeatedly leaked on me before reaching anywhere near their (very) theoretical capacity.

For me, this is an ongoing issue with these super-nappies.  Their absorbent capacity is simply not achievable in real-world conditions and the Critter Caboose proved no exception.  I repeatedly experienced minor-but-annoying press-out (“squish”) leakage at the rear thighs irrespective of the product product padding being between 40 and 50% dry.

I believe that this problem is at least partially driven by an inability for the nappy to effectively disperse fluid applied at a single location.  My pee tended to stay largely where I put it, saturating the padding swiftly in the relevant area.  Fully soaked, this padding allowed subsequent pee episodes to travel in rivulets outside to say hello to my plastic pants and eventually, my outerwear.

It’s almost as though the wet padding becomes slightly hydrophobic.

Perhaps this was why on the odd occasion I felt little bits of pee escape out the sides at my pubic area as a kind of bonus-leakage.

Don’t get me wrong.  They were very comfortable to pee in, they didn’t sag or droop when thusly loaded and the tapes could hold up space and time.  They just don’t offer anything like the kind of camel-like absorbency that the marketing fairies are claiming and that’s a little bit annoying.

The ISO process for measuring nappy capacity has always been utterly irrelevant from the perspective of understanding how you could pee in one and expect your jeans to stay dry but historically, I’ve been able to use the sub-optimal process of assuming that in real-world conditions, I could expect roughly one third of the ISO capacity to be available to me.

In the case of the Critter Caboose, this would suggest I could pee around 2.7 liters (well above an entire 24 hour cycle’s output) and expect it to hold.

Nope…

Whilst fractionally more than my more conservatively-rated  ABDL nappy stable-mates, anything more than about 1800ml is generally asking for trouble.  I MIGHT be able to stretch it a little more by deploying bamboo liners to assist with wicking but it should be expected that those who wear nappies should first re-engineer them.

So now we are down to less than one QUARTER of claimed capacity with this product. 

Regardless of this significant disconnect between marketing fantasy and reality, nappy manufacturers continue integer-based warfare with one another with increasingly fanciful capacity claims.  It furthermore seems that Rearz, deciding that the current ISO-fantasy number reflected a far too gritty reality for them, have developed an even more absurd metric based more on courageous extrapolations in chemical equations than dry furniture.  Thusly, by the miracles of pixie dust, my 8 liter Cabooses are now rated a tape-testing 11 liters and not one scintilla of engineering cost or production inputs was expended.

Yeah right…  This might well be compared to Volkswagen claiming the top speed of their 1972 Beetle by measuring its terminal velocity in free fall (Upon reflection though, Volkswagen have certain similarities here with respect to reality-based emissions testing).

Don’t get me wrong, they’re NOT bad nappies and I appreciate Rearz as a vendor.   Their products are solid and sit tantalisingly on the cusp of what might be affordable to a semi-retired fully time nappy wearer but I just they could find it to invest in product engineering instead of pseudo-scientific marketing smoke to extract more usable absorbency from what they are already putting in (and paying for) when building a Caboose.

I’ve paid for all that padding and I would appreciate the opportunity to pee in it please.

• Like 2