LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ever Faced Rebuttal From Groups?

My reply in the trading cards thread made me think of this. Has anyone here ever received rebuttal or shunning from a group (for ease of understanding let's extend that to even a social group of friends) or organisation because of an expressed interest in diapers etc?

I would imagine experiences may be few and far between because this isn't normally the kind of thing one just advertises to the world, but I thought about this question when I posted about Magic cards, because I remember how my church at the time came after me with a toothpick and told me it was evil. I then got to thinking about another church I went to but left because of their ridiculousness. They denounced a whole bunch of things (including reflexology) because it apparently had roots in evil practices. Well, guess what? So does the choice of 25 December as the date for Christmas... I mean, really...

Sorry. I'm getting off track. But I was thinking about how that church denounced things that weren't enjoyed by the majority of the congregation at the time, and how they would probably speak out against something like AB/DL. Has anyone ever encountered such stories or experiences?

I can’t really say I have, but that’s because, I have never tried to share anything about this part of me. Not off the internet anyway. And mostly because, I would fear the reaction you speak of. It’s a very old dilemma. I don’t really worry myself about such though, cause this part of me, not everyone needs to know about anyway. They don’t need to know, and I don’t care to share it. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

I can’t really say I have, but that’s because, I have never tried to share anything about this part of me. Not off the internet anyway. And mostly because, I would fear the reaction you speak of. It’s a very old dilemma. I don’t really worry myself about such though, cause this part of me, not everyone needs to know about anyway. They don’t need to know, and I don’t care to share it. 

I feel pretty much the same way. This is just a part of me no one really needs to know about.

14 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

My reply in the trading cards thread made me think of this. Has anyone here ever received rebuttal or shunning from a group (for ease of understanding let's extend that to even a social group of friends) or organisation because of an expressed interest in diapers etc?

I would imagine experiences may be few and far between because this isn't normally the kind of thing one just advertises to the world, but I thought about this question when I posted about Magic cards, because I remember how my church at the time came after me with a toothpick and told me it was evil. I then got to thinking about another church I went to but left because of their ridiculousness. They denounced a whole bunch of things (including reflexology) because it apparently had roots in evil practices. Well, guess what? So does the choice of 25 December as the date for Christmas... I mean, really...

Sorry. I'm getting off track. But I was thinking about how that church denounced things that weren't enjoyed by the majority of the congregation at the time, and how they would probably speak out against something like AB/DL. Has anyone ever encountered such stories or experiences?

No, not really. I don't do any other social media outside of DD.  Find a church that actually preaching forgiveness through Jesus not stupid garbage like Magic cards and Halloween. These charlatans make me sick. It's about acceptance of you, not rejection. Be proud of your diapers!

I know. I have been with an American church plant here for 3 years and 3 months now... and it's great. I was going to visit them the second week they had a venue, but I got three quarter way there and chickened out. I can't remember why... I was on crutches recovering from a hip replacement, so tiredness might have had something to do with it

From my very limited experience... I think a large part of it is the group you keep, and how you react.

I have never had a problem wetting my pants, I enjoy it, and I enjoy desperation. Sometimes that enjoyment, especially the desperation, has fired when I was not expecting it, and has caused of my private world to enter the public.

As a high school kid, I was led to believe by movies that that kind of stuff is bad. Especially the worse situation when I was trying for a desperation, and it never even dawned on me that I was going to be near desperate during a soft ball game... and as a catcher... I squat. You can guess what happened.

Some of my friends already knew about my weirdness... this brought a few more friends into my weirdness, and there was very short burst of some teasing, but it didn't last long because my normal response was, "Well, I had to go, and it wasn't like I could ask the batter to wait a minute..." and then went on with the rest of my life. The people that knew I had created the situation were chosen, and those that didn't need to know were never let in.

You choose your church and friends... and if you want to be public about something with them, it is your choice, and if they don't respect the choice (They do not have to like it or even want anything to do with it, and you should respect their feelings too) then you need to re-evaluate your choices. It is not your fault if they reject you, but ask yourself, if they are going to reject you, what were you getting out of the friendship that they could not respect that you are weird in your own way?

And at the end of the day, does your weirdness depend on them knowing? If so why? What does them knowing gain them? Friendship is not all about you, and if there is not a mutual gain over something like this, do they need to know? My best friend and room mate knows, because I don't like lying or hiding things around her, and I valued not keeping secrets from her. (Not that I can since I dated her brother for five years) She in turn values my honesty, but she doesn't really want to get involved. She doesn't care if I wear around her, but she doesn't do anything to participate. If she was not my room mate, would I have told her about the diaper side? Probably not.

I think the answer to this question is super complex and has to many nuances. In short, the groups I have chosen to expose elements of my weirdness too on purpose have been receptive, but that is because I have curated a group of people around me who are accepting. I choose to be around those kinds of people, and it means accepting their weirdness too, even if I would never ever be interested in it. You know... things like bowling -shudders-

• Like 1

Churches can be very hit and miss, it just depends on the people in the church (the Preacher/Pastor, and "the flock"); the right people can make a church awesome.

There were a couple churches I would go to occasionally (maybe once or twice a month) and i always liked the religious aspect (the music and environment of focusing on the positive things and trying to be a better person) as well as the social aspect (once they do a song or two they allow people to talk for a few minutes before resuming the sermon); and also my favorite church has a Pot-Luck dinner thing sometime where everyone brings a dish, they do a short religious sermon, maybe a song or two, and then let people socialize and eat.

I feel like any group in general is the exact same though (whether it's a church or an independent non-religious group), there will be good people, and also some people that aren't so good (even if they claim to be religious and act like they care; but you know they dont; just absolutely huge hypocrites); and the right people will accept that there isn't really a singular "normal" (implying that people are exact copies of each other and all like and hate the same things as each other) and celebrate the things that make people unique and define who that person is (whether it's their unique identity, hobbies, and general interests). 

It sucks but some churchgoing people and therefore churches are way too quick to shun something as "evil", or "of the devil" or something stupid like that.