LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Camp nappies...

No no no, not camp in a Kenneth Williams sort of way.

Whenever I go camping, I always have to pee like 2-3 times a night. And were not talking about a little pee either, it's a full on bladder about to burst sort of needing to pee, not the sort you can mind over matter and get back to sleep (believe me, I've tried). I think it's something to do with it being a much colder environment as the instant I'm back home in my bed, I have no need to pee during the night and don't even wake up in the morning busting to go. Its absolutely infuriating having to trudge across a campsite to the loos at 1am and 4am, everynight, in the dark across wet grass in just my jammies and flip flops. Not to mention the 3 zip up doors I have to undo/redo to get in and out of the tent, which creates a racket and I worry it'll disturb other campers.

So this year I'm being proactive and will be nappied up inside my sleeping bag. The nappy of choice is the tykables overnights and I've got some heavy duty black plastic bags for discreet disposal. Here's hoping I don't have to leave my warm cocoon in the wee small hours of the morning anymore (pun definitely intended :P ).

Anybody else have similar issues when sleeping outdoors? Or is it just me?

I used to wake up 6 or more times a night to pee.  Now that I have a CPAP mask and machine it's about 3 or more times.  Still, I do get up at night to pee and I envy you for being able to sleep all night long at home without having to pee.  I have gone camping with friends many years ago, probably the last time was over 10 years ago.  Yes, I would get up to pee all the time, weather in a tent or in a camper.  I did not treck all the way to the loo though!  A guy has guy equipment so I just walked behind the tent or camper and peed on the ground.  When camping, guys pee on the ground!  After all, at 1am or 3am people are not likely to be out and about, and if they are, they are not going to see you behind your tent or camper taking a leak no matter how well endowed you think you are.  When in a pop up camper, I was able to use a portable urinal with a snap on top to pee in so I wouldn't disturb my friend and his two boys.  Diapers sound like they will work for you on your camping trips, but I'm not sure who you will be camping with!  Are your fellow campers aware that you sometimes wear diapers or that you will be wearing diapers in your sleeping bag?  Might make for an interesting morning when you crawl out of your sleeping bag in front of your fellow campers to start a fire and the coffee in a wet sagging tykable diaper! 

I sleep with a diaper everywhere, no exceptions, as it can take me an hour just to fall asleep and then I suddenly have to pee..

If I had to get up and use the toilet, it would take another hour... rinse and repeat

Been there done that, i have edema ( fluid  retention) in my feet and legs,

During the day the fluid builds up due to meds i take and results of gravity

At night this  fluid does not stay in my feet and legs and has to go some place.

I also have back problems that make it very painful to go from standing to laying down.

I wake to pee about every 1 1/2 hours and wear diapers with boosters so i no longer have to even move to pee.

Before my back pain i use to have a funnel on a tube in my camper and would dig a small hole under my truck for the tube to drain in if i needed to pee at night.

I have the same problem. Slipping on footwear & a tracksuit bottom to trek across a field to the portaloo in the middle of the night is a pain. The majority of my summer camping trips are connected with music festivals where a fair amount of beer gets drunk. At the last one, I stopped drinking a few hours before I went off to my tent to sleep but still ended up waking a couple of times in the night needing a pee which wouldn't happen at home under these circumstances. So, I think the cold & damp is maybe a big contributing factor. I've taken to pitching my tent at the edge of the field in a position where I can surreptitiously open a flap & piss in a hedge instead.

Well that was an overwhelming success. Not getting up on a night, just rolling onto my back, wetting the nappy and then falling back to sleep. Much happier camper now. I appreciate what you folks are saying about finding a tree and making it my own, but the campsites we're usually on are fairly busy and we're often pitched in the middle of a field with no trees around. Last thing I want is to be peeing up someone's tent, be it my own or one belonging to another camper. On top of that, just getting out of the tent involves 3 zipped doors, which have to be undone and then redone. Nappies meant within seconds of waking up in need of a pee, I could just go and drift straight back off. I'm very happy indeed!

On 5/25/2018 at 1:44 PM, rusty pins said:

Might make for an interesting morning when you crawl out of your sleeping bag in front of your fellow campers to start a fire and the coffee in a wet sagging tykable diaper! 

This made me chuckle. I was camping with my wife, who is very aware of my nappies. She was as happy as me that I'm not having to get up 3 times a night, opening the tent and letting the cold in and generally disturbing her sleep. Plus she likes patting my nappied bum when she thinks I'm asleep, so everyone is a winner.

• Like 2
On 5/25/2018 at 10:56 AM, Frogboy said:

No no no, not camp in a Kenneth Williams sort of way.

Whenever I go camping, I always have to pee like 2-3 times a night. And were not talking about a little pee either, it's a full on bladder about to burst sort of needing to pee, not the sort you can mind over matter and get back to sleep (believe me, I've tried). I think it's something to do with it being a much colder environment as the instant I'm back home in my bed, I have no need to pee during the night and don't even wake up in the morning busting to go. Its absolutely infuriating having to trudge across a campsite to the loos at 1am and 4am, everynight, in the dark across wet grass in just my jammies and flip flops. Not to mention the 3 zip up doors I have to undo/redo to get in and out of the tent, which creates a racket and I worry it'll disturb other campers.

So this year I'm being proactive and will be nappied up inside my sleeping bag. The nappy of choice is the tykables overnights and I've got some heavy duty black plastic bags for discreet disposal. Here's hoping I don't have to leave my warm cocoon in the wee small hours of the morning anymore (pun definitely intended :P ).

Anybody else have similar issues when sleeping outdoors? Or is it just me?

You may want to upgrade to a diaper with more absorbancy particularly if you find yourself pee peeing more than usual.  Tykables Overnights capacity really is equal to that of a priemium day time diaper.  I would want the confidence of knowing that my sleeping bag is going to stay nice and dry.

The good thing about camping is backpacks are common place and used diapers can be carried away in them.

20 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

You may want to upgrade to a diaper with more absorbancy particularly if you find yourself pee peeing more than usual.  Tykables Overnights capacity really is equal to that of a priemium day time diaper.  I would want the confidence of knowing that my sleeping bag is going to stay nice and dry.

Are you thinking of the old tykables? The ones I have are really thick, fit higher on the body than both rearz safari and ABU space/littlepaws and have a similar capacity (they all can take a few serious settings before needing to be changed). In addition, they fit my body shape perfect, unlike rearz nappies which don't quite fit my body and will sometimes leak. ABU space was the other nappy I considered for camping as they also fit me perfect and never leak (and have a huge capacity), but alas I have a big stack of tykables in the wardrobe and no ABUs. 

17 hours ago, drynot said:

I'd upgrade to terry lined plastic pants over the diaper as well.  Nothing ruins a good camping weekend like a soaked sleeping bag.  Been there...done that :(

Not a bad shout. Not gonna lie, a soggy sleeping bag was definitely a concern!

Just got back from 3 days backpacking in the wilderness, walking 65 miles across rough ground.  I only camped out 1 night though, as the 1 village I went through had a small hotel, & I stayed there the 2nd night as I was out on my feet.  I've camped in nappies before, but not backpacked.  So I had a down sleeping bag this time - not something you want a leak into, as washing them isn't a good idea.  I had to travel light, & rationed myself to 2 pullups a day, with one more with me just in case.  Hot weather meant wees were few & far between, & I had a couple on the grass while walking along to be on the safe side.  Other than that, all wees in nappies & no chafing, so a successful expedition.  My feet hurt though.  I'll try to find the time to write it up more fully on my blog when I can.  It was quite an experience.

• 2 months later...

Got another camping trip coming up shortly, third one of the year... this time for 2weeks. Out of nappies, so put an order in to arrive tomorrow (thanks nappiesRus!). Gone for crinklz this time. I was meant to order the aquanaut, but given I was half asleep this morning, I ended up ordering the astronaut by mistake. Never mind ?

I have to say, it's revolutionised camping trips, not having to get up on a night anymore!