LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Huggies Brand

I could be wrong on this since I mostly use cloth nappies. - but didn't Pampers do 'Goodnights' pullups? ages 4-7, 7-10 and 10 - 15?

Or are these the Huggies ones as well?

Hope you find what you're looking for! :D

Simba B)

I could be wrong on this since I mostly use cloth nappies. - but didn't Pampers do 'Goodnights' pullups? ages 4-7, 7-10 and 10 - 15?

Drynites are Goodnites. They're identical but sold under different names in different places - Goodnites in North America, Drynites in Europe and I think Australia too.

As for Pampers getting into the market, I think they took a different route to Huggies. While Huggies launched Dry/Goodnites, Pampers ran with absorbent bed pads instead [link] (they're rubbish, fwiw, will not take an adult amount!)

In North American there are some store brand bedwetter pants availible. Luvs which is proctor and gamble has there own bedwette pants. I think they are only availible in the states.

Proctor & Gamble... are they the AB/DL tag team from Police Academy VVII - Who had the catch line, "Freeze, we have a loaded nappy and a gun!!!" ?

P&G under the Pampers brand manufacture & distibute 'Easy Ups' in sizes 4,5 & 6 (similar to KC PullUps etc but only in baby sizes) and 'Feel n Learn' 2T-4T and 4T-5T (marketed as potty training pants). As AuntiAB has stated, they also supply bed pads.

Looking at Pampers old range (BabyDry 1..6; Swaddlers 1..3; Cruisers 3..6; EasyUps 4..6; FeelnLearn 3T..5T; BedMats (sml/med/lg)) it would suggest that Pampers have their marketing set for the 60s, not current market. Also, same suggests that Pampers follow 60s medical thinking 'If the average child past 3/4 is wetting at night, don't diaper him/her but let him/her sleep in a wet bed.' The creation of a Crusier in a size 7 suggests that Pampers have realised their mistake in their arrogrance and will probably manufacture either a larger range of diapers, or a bed-wetting prevention diaper like product in larger sizes.

Note: IT was KC who created the first 'non-diaper diaper'. IE, They created disposable 'Swim Diapers' followed shortly by 'Dry Nights'/'Goodnights' followed shortly by 'PullUps'. While KC 'Pull-Ups' were marketed for the toilet-training child, it was Pampers 'FeelnLearn' that covered that job with its 'feel wet' liner. P&G released 'EasyUps' in direct competition to 'PullUps' and KC created 'Convertibles'.

Some of these products are not internationally available

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if this thread is a bit heavy on the images...

Ok, before we were rudely interrupted by the technical gremlins, Baby Rosy posted something that suggested that the new type of Dry/Goodnites were now out in the UK and indeed they are :) I got some in my local Boots on Tuesday. Here are some pictures:

The packaging:

P1050270.jpg

The folded shorts:

P1050272.jpg

As you can see, they're blue. The description and packet imply they're unisex but clearly they're aimed at boys. There were some of a (pink) girl's version on eBay a couple of weeks ago so I guess that they're going to be releasing both but I didn't see a girl's version in the shop when I was there.

Unfolded:

P1050274.jpg

Ok, this is how they are opened out. The material cover is that 'non-woven' stuff, that they use for cloth covered diapers (more about coverings in a bit ;)) and is blue throughout. The waistband is fairly strong but as the packaging states, they're sized slightly smaller than regular Drynites and after a while, the waistband started to come apart on both the ones I've worn so far. It's not a big problem though, they're secure enough on me (I have a 29" waist, FWIW).

Internal view:

P1050277.jpg

Ok so here is where it gets interesting. The pad part of the diaper is almost identical to a regular Drynite pad. I say almost because there are some differences. First, there's none of those stretchy sides. They have been replaced with a thinner elasticated waistband, about 1.5" deep, from which the pad part and the shorts part are suspended. Apart from where they're joined at the waist band, the pad part and the shorts part are separate (e.g not joined to each other at the crotch, etc).

View from underneath:

P1050280.jpg

Here you can see what I mean about the two parts being separate. Also, you can't really tell from this picture but the second difference between the pad part of the regular Drynites and the shorts is that these are plastic covered! Great! :)

Absorbency: Exactly the same as regular Drynites.

Fit: Good, if you can fit into them. They feel different, less constrained and more comfortable than normal Drynites. The shorts are obviously fairly tight fitting on an adult but they don't tear, for me at least, apart from a little bit on the waistband but not so much that they fall down or fall apart.

Price: They're a bit more expensive than normal Drynites. The pack in Boots was £4.99 and there are only 7 in the pack compared to 9 in the regular Drynites pack.

Overall: I like them. They fit better than regular Drynites and stay put as they're meant to. I always find with normal Drynites that the stretchy panels stretch too much over a couple of hours and start to fall down. These don't do that. The plastic cover on the pad part inside the shorts is great. They also seem slightly crinklier than the other type too although that might just be my perception... Not perfect (slightly bigger, please!) but they're good - I'll be buying them again :)

So not understanding how this is beneficial over just a regular Drynight and some shorts

Easy... from a diaper goodness perspective, it isn't, but from a marketing perspective, it's one more way to make a buck. First of all, they're different, and second, when someone is in the store buying Drynites/Goodnites, the packaging makes them look even less like diapers than regular Goodnites. Yes, simply wearing boxers over regular Goodnites would be cheaper and probably more discrete. But never should logic get in the way of marketing. :lol:

That said, I'm tempted to try some of these, or maybe just regular Goodnites. I've never tried them, and I didn't realize that they were large enough to easily fit me.

Easy... from a diaper goodness perspective, it isn't, but from a marketing perspective, it's one more way to make a buck. First of all, they're different, and second, when someone is in the store buying Drynites/Goodnites, the packaging makes them look even less like diapers than regular Goodnites. Yes, simply wearing boxers over regular Goodnites would be cheaper and probably more discrete. But never should logic get in the way of marketing. :lol:

What Justindiapers said ^ ^ ^ except..................

I would imagine there are a lot of 8-12 year old bedwetters (the market designated on the pack) who would be horrified at the thought of having to wear Huggies diapers, with or without their regular boxer shorts over the top. I've seen a number of DL bedwetters here claim that they were appalled, embarrassed, ashamed etc when they were put back in diapers at this sensitive age.

Yes, the cynic in me knows it's Capitalism finding a new market (as it must, to survive) but this new product looks like boxers, not diapers at a glance, so if they help reduce the embarrassment and keep beds dry and comfortable, they look like a very good idea to me.

D :) lly

What Justindiapers said ^ ^ ^ except..................

I would imagine there are a lot of 8-12 year old bedwetters (the market designated on the pack) who would be horrified at the thought of having to wear Huggies diapers, with or without their regular boxer shorts over the top. I've seen a number of DL bedwetters here claim that they were appalled, embarrassed, ashamed etc when they were put back in diapers at this sensitive age.

I'm not so sure if they're successful in that respect, though. I'm pretty sure that your average 8-12 yo is intelligent enough to know that a diaper is a diaper no matter what you put outside it and the plastic cover is really not going to help in that respect.

D_W, It's not that they're a better or worse concept, just an alternative one. Sleep shorts are to regular Drynites as cheese and onion crisps are to salt and vinegar :lol:

There's a pinned thread about Huggies and you'll find details there on the most recent page Clicky

Autie lives in the UK (sometimes ;) ) and he bought some and posted pictures of the 8-12 Drynites Boxers on there yesterday. Hope this helps.

Edit: Now this post looks very incongruous because tiger started a new thread with the post above, but now his thread has been merged with this one, but hey-ho.

Huggies here in the UK have just launched Drynite Sleep Shorts, so new they do not appear on their web site. Has anyone tried these yet, ebay is selling a few of them, just wondering what they are like before buying some.

post-2130-1185616547_thumb.jpg

post-2130-1185616564_thumb.jpg

post-2130-1185616547_thumb.jpg

post-2130-1185616564_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update on the Goodnites (Drynites) Sleep Shorts in the US. According to this article, they should be widely available here in September - only a week away. B)

I spotted some packs on Aug 23 on a Rite-Aid shelf in Northern Alabama. I didn't buy them though.

I bought some of the sleep shorts, they didnt fit me well at all. I have a 34 inch waist and they just rip as you try to pull them on. I fit into normal goodnites no problem. Kind of disappointed that if you fit in one size you dont fit into the other but oh well what can you do.....

Its a great idea no less I would wear these as day time undies if they did fit..... Hopefully i will have better luck in the future with depends or a new size goodnties comming out like these.

Stay Padded,

Rich

If you look on the UK website about them - they state their only for up to 12 year olds - where as the Large Drynites/Goodnites - are up to 15 yo. They also state a smaller max weight for the shorts.

Perhaps they realised in shorts format you need a stronger / snugger fit to ensure they stay up!

I wonder if in good old American tradition - if the USA sizes will be bigger? Any USA pics?

DP

If you look on the UK website about them - they state their only for up to 12 year olds - where as the Large Drynites/Goodnites - are up to 15 yo. They also state a smaller max weight for the shorts.

Perhaps they realised in shorts format you need a stronger / snugger fit to ensure they stay up!

I wonder if in good old American tradition - if the USA sizes will be bigger? Any USA pics?

DP

A few of the US ones have appeared on eBay, and they have a weight range of 60lb-110lb. (27kg-50kg) Regular Goodnites have a weight range of 60lb-125lb. (27kg-57kg) That's the same as the British ones...

Sorry if this thread is a bit heavy on the images...

Ok, before we were rudely interrupted by the technical gremlins, Baby Rosy posted something that suggested that the new type of Dry/Goodnites were now out in the UK and indeed they are :) I got some in my local Boots on Tuesday. Here are some pictures:

The packaging:

P1050270.jpg

[Apologies for cutting the majority of the post above. There are a number of images (far too many to include in this quote) so please see Autie's complete post to view them.]

I saw an advert for these on Channel 4 (UK) for the first time this evening. At the end of the ad, viewers were invited to apply for a free sample.

I never went to sleepovers or camps as a kid. Makes me wonder if I would have had something like these been available? I don't know whether it would have made much of a difference - it's not like other kids wouldn't figure out what these are anyway so I don't think it would make that much difference... Just a marketing gimmick? Maybe...