LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Lost and the Broken (Updated 9/15/2020) No really!

WOW I got way behind on this story but that made catching up so much more enjoyable. I have been sitting on the edge of my chair for the last two days reading. This story just keeps getting better and better. I was ably to give it 6 likes over the last two days but still ran short a couple of times. I will do my best to remain caught up but I know I still have a lot of reading of other stories to be fully caught up. 

7 hours ago, CDfm said:

WOW I got way behind on this story but that made catching up so much more enjoyable. I have been sitting on the edge of my chair for the last two days reading. This story just keeps getting better and better. I was ably to give it 6 likes over the last two days but still ran short a couple of times. I will do my best to remain caught up but I know I still have a lot of reading of other stories to be fully caught up. 

Your post got me so excited that this had been updated. Damn. 

Haha me too. Was looking forward to relaxing outside reading the next part. Oh well will make the next update even sweater. Kind of like edging. 

I'm still around and I do apologize for the wait. You would think I would have had more time to write during this virus thing, but actually I have had far less.

It's nice to see that my story hasn't been forgotten and people still get excited whenever it pops up. I promise the next chapter is coming soon. Maybe Monday if I'm lucky and get time to finish it. 

Talk to you soon everyone!

On 5/15/2020 at 2:08 PM, vampire4 said:

I'm still around and I do apologize for the wait. You would think I would have had more time to write during this virus thing, but actually I have had far less.

Same. I thought I'd be able to focus on writing my D&D campaign more, but the stress of everything going on just saps all my creative energy. :(

*hugs*

• 3 months later...

Viktor watched calmly as Surra rushed toward him. His sword was still stuck in the ground, leaving him unarmed. It was a foolish and cocky move admittedly, but he didn't want the sounds of metal on metal giving their position away. Stealth was imperative, and he refused to let this crazy woman's pride threaten his purpose for coming here.

Her speed surprised him for sure. In a moment, she was right in his space, swinging her machete with reckless abandon. He kept his movements slight, just enough to dodge the blade each time. He wanted to tire the woman out, but her failures to draw blood seemed only to inflame her more. She was becoming faster and seemed to have an endless reserve of stamina.

Viktor wasn’t too concerned. In his days as a slave, his master, the bloodthirsty bastard, had made him fight a variety of opponents. Viktor had always hated fighting, but he had  also always been good at it. His former master had delighted in forcing him to fight opponents who were bigger, stronger, or faster. 

That being said, Surra was certainly one of the fastest and vicious fighters he had ever been up against. As he moved just outside her range though, he did notice a fatal flaw. She wasn't aiming for any vital spots. She continuously swung at his arms and legs, trying to hobble him. She didn’t just want to kill him, she wanted to humiliate him first. That flaw would be her end.

He could have taken a dose of Invictus and ended the whole group in a few seconds, but it was the last thing he wanted to do. When he did take the drug, it became very difficult to tell friend from foe. Everything became blurs and barely formed shapes. He would end up slaughtering every living thing in the area, which was unacceptable. He needed to be cautious. There was one prisoner in particular that he had to save, the only one who mattered to him.

Two weeks earlier:

“The Witch is still alive.” Jericho fumed. “I put the biggest bounty imaginable on that girl, and she's still kicking. I figured by now someone might have gotten a lucky shot in.”

Viktor sighed as his friend paced the room. Indara’s death had sent his once logical leader into a frenzy, but Viktor didn't know how to calm him down. Every day that passed by without news that the Witch was dead made things worse. 

Viktor had never realized how much Indara meant to his leader. It was no secret that they had been sleeping together, but he had figured it was a simple fling. It was only after her death that he realized exactly how much she meant to Jericho. In a way it shamed him. It was his job to look after Jericho, but he hadn't seen such an important connection despite knowing how depressed Jericho had been.

“Maybe this whole thing is karma, eh?” Jericho asked with a smirk. “Right? I killed Miles, his son, his whole fucking band of self-righteous nothings, and this is the price. A seemingly immortal Miles hunting me, and a goddamn kid kills Indara.”

Viktor frowned. The loss of Indara was hardly comparable to the horrors he and Jericho had inflicted in the name of peace. If karma was a thing, more punishment would no doubt be heading their way. Maybe they deserved it too, but he wouldn’t ever say it.

“Well? Am I talking to myself or what?! Why don’t you say something?” Jericho demanded.

“What do you want me to say?”

“Something! Anything! Don’t just stand there looking at me like I’ve lost my mind. Tell me what you think. How should we handle the girl?”

This wasn’t going to go well, but Viktor had always been a tad blunt. “Leave her be. You sent Indara after her, and unfortunately, she didn’t make it. You can’t fault the girl for defending herself.”

Jericho looked about ready to lash out, but reigned it in at the last moment. “If it had been you who died, she would have been the first calling for blood.”

Viktor shrugged. “If I'm ever killed, that wouldn’t matter to me, trust me. I don’t believe the dead care about revenge.”

The argument was interrupted by one of the men rushing into the room out of breath. “Boss……bad news….there's been a break-in.”

Jericho waved him off. “Tell the guards. I’m too busy to chase after thieves.”

“Okay. It’s just.….someone broke in that strongroom in the basement. Took everything in there.”

They both shot to their feet. That room housed the leftover slave collars after their war with the slave trade. The door itself was heavy duty steel. It couldn’t be broken down or blown open.

“That’s impossible.” Jericho muttered. The guards didn’t have a key to that door. Only Sylvia, Viktor, and myself have a key.”

Viktor slung his sword over his back. “It's still just a door. It doesn’t matter how it happened, we need to get back the contents.”

“You’re right. I just don’t understand. Who the fuck would even know what’s in there?”

“It was a locked door, Jericho. People like to break in locked doors. It doesn’t mean they knew what they were looking for.”

They has just left the room when another guard came running down the hall. Jericho almost waved her away, but she clutched onto him before he could. Her skin was white as a sheet as she spoke.

“It's…..it's Sylvia…..someone……there's so much blood….”

Viktor’s heart sank, his whole body tensed up, and his legs grew weak. He started heading for their room, but the guard pulled him back, informing them that whatever happened had occurred in the lab……in the basement. Jericho was right behind him as the guard practically ran them downstairs. 

The lab was in shambles. There was shattered glass and destroyed equipment strewn all over. Sylvia was on the ground in a pool of her own blood. Viktor scooped her up gently into his arms, feeling relief as her soft moaning confirmed she was still alive. She had lacerations across her face, defensive wounds on her hands, and maybe seven stab wounds to her abdomen.

The world seemed to be going in slow motion. Jericho was calling for a doctor, guards were either rushing to obey or standing in slack jawed amazement that someone had dared to harm his wife. He heard nothing but the stuttering breathing of his wife. 

He wouldn’t have been able to put his feelings into words now. He had loved Sylvia since he was sixteen years old, back when they labored under the same harsh master. She had endured as much cruelty as he or Jericho had, worse really. Their former master had abused his female slaves in the way that sick men often treated pretty girls. Yet she had risen above the horrors of her youth, given him her love and their daughter, and used her incredible intelligence to aid their people. 

“She'll be okay, buddy.” Jericho assured. “Is she awake? Can she tell us who did this?” 

She had been unconscious when they had arrived but now her eyes fluttered open, looking around the room as though she wasn’t sure where she was. 

“Viktor…..my body feels heavy….”

“Don’t speak.” Viktor told her. “A doctor is on the way. Just relax.”

“How bad…..is it? It feels pretty bad.”

Jericho had knelt down and taken her hand. “Don't worry, Syv. I’ve seen plenty worse. We'll get you back on your feet in no time, just you wait and see.”

He was lying. They all knew it. She had lost a lot of blood, her skin was pale and her body was cold. She was a strong woman, but things looked grim at the moment. 

Her eyes widened suddenly. “Aimee……he took her…he took her.”

Viktor and Jericho both shared a look at the devastating news. Viktor felt himself trembling and had to take a deep breath to stay calm. He hadn’t wanted her to waste her strength talking, but now he needed to know.

“Who? Who took her? Who did this?”

“A man…..He had a big scar across his face. I've…..seen him around before. I had Amiee doing her lessons…..he didn’t say a word, just came at me. I…..I couldn't stop him. He took her away, Viktor…..our little girl……”

She fell into unconsciousness mere moments before the doctors arrived. With great reluctance, Viktor let them take Sylvia into their care. He himself made a beeline for his room. He had to prepare. He gathered as many supplies as he could fit into a bag and two vials of Invictus, should he have the need.

Jericho came to him shortly before he finished his preparations. “What are you doing? Where do you think you're going?”

“To get my daughter, obviously.”

“Hey, I want Aimee back too, but let’s think a moment. It took a bit, but I found out the man’s name. Garret Tucker. I guess he's been with us for years, but I don't know him. I don’t know what his game is, but he can’t have gotten far. I’ll send out a call for his head. Trust me, he won’t get out of our territory with your daughter. I promise.”

“No. Don’t send out any alerts. Call back any men you’ve sent. Leave him to me.”

“Viktor, that's your pride talking. You need to be here for Sylvia….in case….well….”

“In case she dies? That’s what you were going to say right? Let me answer. It doesn't matter. If I don’t get Aimee back she'll be furious with me when she wakes up. And if she doesn't make it, she'll haunt me forever if anything happens to Aimee. I have to go. I have to get my daughter. Alone.”

Jericho shook his head. “We have a goddamn army at our beck and call!”

“And Tucker has my daughter. Not to mention, he has the slave collars. Think about it. That storeroom gets broken into the same day one of the only people with a key is attacked? It's connected. If you send an army after him, he’ll see it coming and Aimee will die. That’s what he's counting on. So I'll go and shadow him until I can get my daughter back safely.”

Viktor could see the gears turning on Jericho’s mind. The full plot revealed, he was doing what he did best. Scheming. But on this occasion, emotion was getting in his way. “Then let me come with you. We'll just go. Right now. You need someone to watch your back.”

“I appreciate that you want to help, but I’ve never needed someone to watch my back. Stay here. Watch after Sylvia for me. She needs someone here that loves her. If she doesn’t make it…..well…..bury her somewhere nice.”

Jericho sat down and sighed, wringing his hands together. “You astound me sometimes. You're talking like it's someone else on their deathbed, not your wife.”

“Sylvia knows how I feel, and right now I can’t think about anything but getting Aimee back.”

“Yeah, yeah. I get man. I still think you should accept some help.”

Viktor clapped him on the shoulder. “You know, I've never thanked you…..for everything that you’ve done for us. Sylvia and I have always appreciated it, but…..things can’t be left unsaid at this point. I know I haven't always had your back, and you've suffered for it.”

Jericho held up a hand, eyes closed. “Stop it, Viktor. Y-you don’t have say anymore. It’s all in the past.”

“Just…..no matter what happens in the coming days, just know that you're a brother to me. Look after Syv for me, okay?”

Jericho nodded sadly, maybe reflecting at the road the three of them had traveled. “She'll make it, Viktor. I know it….. and Aimee should be the first person she sees. Go bring her home.”

Nothing more was said and the two friends went their separate ways, each hoping to see the other again.

“Stop dancing around!” Surra cried in frustration. “You're embarrassing yourself. I thought you were a badass?”

Mr. Happy was the only one truly enjoying the spectacle, spinning in place as though the battle was driving him into frenzy.

“Get him, Miss Surra! You show that brute what for!”

Rain stood beside Miyuki, watching in disbelief as Viktor effortlessly dodged each one of Surra’s attacks. Ten minutes ago, she would never have believed that someone could make a fearsome woman like Surra look so ineffective. Rain had seen her tackle entire groups of people by herself, but Viktor just kept swatting her away like a fly, barely moving, his sword still stuck in the ground behind him.

Then he appeared to make a mistake, didn't move fast enough. Surra managed to get in close and slash his left leg, just barely. This made him pause for a second too long and Surra sunk her machete into his side. 

And that's when she lost. She had gotten too close and she realized at once that Viktor himself had allowed it. She had only gotten the tip of her blade into Viktor’s side, and in the next moment, he struck out with his fist, hitting her nose and knocking her backwards. His other arm reached behind him and grabbed his sword from the ground. He brought the large blade down before the disorientated Surra could get away. It slashed down her body, from her collar bone to her navel. She stumbled back and looked shocked for a few moments before toppling over into a pool of her own blood.

His opponent fallen before him, Viktor raised his blade high and pointed it downwards for the killing blow. For some reason which she didn't understand, Rain reached out with her mind and tried to wrench the blade from his hands. Though the blade jerked towards her, he kept ahold of it, just barely. But her display had surprised him, and suddenly she saw his terrible eyes latch onto hers, so fearsome that she actually let the sword go. Still though, he lowered the sword, having decided for whatever reason to relent.

Miyuki looked like she could have screamed, she nearly did. Instead she just sunk to the ground. No one else moved. No one could muster the strength. They all stood by as Viktor calmly stuck his sword back in the ground, walked over to his bag, and began bandaging his minor wounds without a word.

Mr. Happy even deflated for a moment. Just for one moment. “Oh my. I think I’m in love! Did you see that?! What technique! What utter skill! I thought Miss Surra was my one true love, but I fear I’m tempted to stray in the face of such……masterful work.”

Rain could hardly process what had just happened and she certainly wasn’t sure how to feel about it. She had no idea why she had stepped in and saved the heir to the Oro. Surra had never been kind to her, far from it. She was a cruel, mocking, heartless woman at the best of times. But looking at her now, lying motionless in her own blood, it almost seemed sad. 

Tali was the first to break her body free from the astonishment of what had happened. She ran over to the motionless Surra and got to work like it was natural. It took a few more moments before the rest of them moved in to help.

“It’s not too deep. She'll be fine. Probably.” Viktor called over as he finished patching up his side.

Miyuki looked at Tali with desperate eyes wanting to hear her agree. “If I can stop the bleeding, yes, she’ll make it. But right now….it's pretty bad. I need time to try and patch her up.”

“In the meantime, we still have a crazy person with an army of hostages.” Miles said with a sigh. “Okay people, let’s get to work. Gabe and Rocco, keep an eye on the facility, tell me if there's any movement. Rain, go find somewhere private and clean yourself up, then come back and help Tali and Miyuki.”

“And what will you be doing?” Viktor asked. “I told you before this is my concern. I want you gone.”

“Well that's a dumb idea.” Tali hissed, eyes still focused on her patient. “Do you have some semblance of a plan, or are you just gonna waltz on in and start swinging?”

“I figured I'd sneak in, knock out whoever is in my way, kill Garrett, and get home in time for breakfast.”

This time Tali did look up with a look of utter annoyance. “That's a dumb plan. One mistake and everyone in there goes kablooey.”

Rain brought her hand to her mouth, utterly shocked at how Tali was mouthing off to the man who had just taken out Surra. Much to her surprise though, he actually smiled. “I’m assuming you have a better plan?”

“I might…..if I wasn’t elbow deep in your butchery. As it is now, I’m a wee bit busy.”

“We need to talk, Miles. Privately.” Viktor finally said with a deep sigh.

Miles tensed up, his hands hovering near his weapons. Rain could feel his hatred from here, could sense how badly he wanted to gun Viktor down on the spot. Finally, he took a deep breath and followed Viktor. Rain watched as the two enemies moved away from the rest of the group. She reluctantly headed in the opposite direction to change herself, and prayed her captain wouldn’t make any rash decisions.

Miles took out his pistol, wishing desperately that he could have gotten a silencer from his bag. Viktor walked in front of him, totally exposed and unguarded. It would be so easy. Years back, Viktor had walked at Thornes’ side during the massacre of the Regulators, killing anyone who got too close to Jericho. Now he was right here, and Miles couldn’t bring himself to take him out.

They stopped not too far from the others. Viktor didn’t speak right away, perhaps waiting to see if Miles would shoot him in the back. He didn’t seem all that concerned.

“You have a good team this time, Miles. I've been following your exploits. Very impressive. That’s not even including the most recent one, where you almost took out Jericho, and that girl killed Indara. That being said, I'm a little surprised. You don’t look good, Miles. You look…..sick.”

“I’d say I look pretty good for a dead man.”

“That's true. That's very true.” Viktor said, looking up at the sky, hands on his hips. “Jericho understands your pain a bit better now, I think. He and Indara were close.”

Miles took a few steps forward. “Not as close as you though. How would he react if I took you down right here?”

Viktor didn't move at the threat. His response was flat and monotonous, a mere statement of fact. “You can't hurt me. You know it and I know it. Not only that, but you can't hurt Jericho either. You've lost your chance I'm afraid. You will never get close to him again. I won't allow it.”

“I’m immortal. That’s a significant advantage I have. I’m willing to bet that I'll get another chance one day.”

“No.” Viktor said with utmost seriousness. “If you were to try it, I would have no choice but to neutralize you in whatever way I could. Maybe I’d take your legs, your head possibly. Immortal or not, you wouldn’t be able to threaten Jericho again.”

“Your threats don’t scare me.” Miles said with a confidence he didn’t feel. This man was terrifying for reasons Miles couldn’t understand. His display against Surra was one thing, but Miles had heard far worse stories about Viktor, too many of them to think they were made up or exaggerated.

Viktor moved closer, his presence bearing down and making him appear larger than he was. His calm demeanor seemed to vanish like melting snow.

“Your team, if they followed you, would be killed. All of them, Miles. I would take each and every one of them from you, one at a time, until you're alone again.”

Miles found himself looking over to where his team was stationed and he suddenly found himself thinking of Rain. His own secret weapon, and possibly the only one who could win against this monster.

“It’s time to give it up. Don’t give Jericho any more reasons to come after your group. He likes you, he really does. He respects you, and to some extent so do I. But Jericho, no matter what horrible things he's done is the best thing for this land. I won’t let anyone threaten the peace he's sacrificed so much to establish.”

“Sacrificed?! What in the hell has he sacrificed aside from my friends and family? He used us as his pawns and got rid of us once we weren't useful anymore.”

Viktor sighed and sat back down, his calm demeanor returning. “You don’t know him, not really. I’m not interested in arguing. Stay away, or I'll kill you all, orders or not. Consider this your only warning.”

Everyone joined together again as Tali finished binding Surra’s wounds. The blue-haired warrior lay unconscious on the field, her face pale from blood loss, her breathing slight. Miyuki held her hand, her eyes willing her lover to pull through. Rain sat beside her, wanting to give some kind of comfort to make her friend feel reassured. Viktor returned with Miles close behind, but neither met her eyes. 

“So, have you thought of a plan?” Viktor asked as he gazed at the factory. 

“Maybe.” Tali mused before pointing at the radio tower  near the factory. “That tower is amplifying the signal to the collars. An EMP attached to the tower might be able to take out the collars ability to detonate.”

“I’m sensing a ‘but’ incoming.” Rocco mumbled.

“But….the problem is that these collars have a history of malfunctioning. If we take out the signal to the collars, it might shut them down…..or it could cause them to detonate.”

“Is there any way to know for sure?” Viktor asked, a hint of anxiety creeping in his eyes.

He looked calm to the eye, but Rain could sense something else under his seemingly uncaring facade. Something about all this was worrying him, but he kept it well hidden. Only his longing gaze betrayed his true feelings.

Tali ran her hands through her hair. “I don't know. I haven't seen a slave collar up close before. If I had one to take apart and tinker with, then maybe I could be more certain.”

Viktor went over to his bag without saying a word, searching through it quickly before pulling out a slave collar and tossing it to Tali, who looked at it with an excited gaze that she failed to hide. 

“What the hell?” Gabe asked. “You just carry that around do you?”

“This one is special, personal.” Viktor explained. “It used to grace my neck a long time ago. I had the idea of putting it around this Overlord while I dragged him back to Jericho.”

Rain was taken aback by his admission. She couldn’t imagine how anyone had managed to keep someone like Viktor as a slave. The idea seemed ludicrous.

Rocco grunted as he sat down in the grass. “Just so I'm understanding the plan here, we're trusting a woman who manages to blow up most of her inventions everyday, to make something NOT blow up?”

“Sounds ridiculous when you say it.” Gabe offered.

Tali’s face grew red, as she began to proudly name everything she had made that had not blown up. Gabe and Rocco nodded halfheartedly while her list grew. Only Rain noticed how Viktor glared at her, and only she saw how a trace of fear entered his eyes.

Meanwhile, Tali continued to argue. “What about, Mr. Happy? I didn't blow him up.”

“But if there's a God, I'll blow you up one day.” Mr. Happy mused. “Blow you all up. Maybe chop you all into pieces first or boil you all alive in acid. I haven't decided yet.”

“If an insane, murderous robot is your crowning achievement, we are all screwed.” Rocco sighed.

Conversation died down as Tali worked, carefully disassembling the slave collar. Whatever she was seeing made her squeal in delight but they all left her to it. Rocco and Gabe kept an eye on the factory, Miyuki kept watch over Surra, and Rain watched Miles. Her leader seemed lost in thought as he gazed over to where Viktor sat nearby. He had murder on his mind, and every minute that passed made his feelings grow. She could feel how badly he wanted to take some small measure of revenge. But he didn't move. Not yet.

An hour passed this way until Tali sat back, finally satisfied. She had put the collar back together with painstaking precision but she still looked like a doctor about to give bad news.

“Well I'm pretty certain an EMP will do the trick and deactivate the collars, but the glitches on these collars are well known, especially when they are tampered with. Nothing I do will totally negate the risk.”

Viktor didn't look happy, but without a better plan he didn't have much of a choice. 

“One other problem.” Tali continued. “I'll need to fit the device on the radio tower itself, but they have it surrounded. We could try talking to them I guess. Maybe they'll let us try. After all, we're trying to help them.”

“More likely they would attack and try to make us slaves too. It's too risky for them and us.” Miles said.

“Maybe a distraction?” Rocco offered. “We could try to draw them away. Not sure how though. It would have to be a big distraction.”

Miyuki stood up suddenly. Without a word she matches over to Tali and snatched the slave collar from her. It was clear in an instant what she intended but no one was fast enough to keep her from clamping the device around her neck. As she did a small red light appeared indicating that it was armed, no doubt connected to the same network the other collars were attached too.

“Have you lost your mind?!” Tali nearly screamed.

“What have you done, babe?” Rocco barely got out. “Why…..I-I don't get it.”

Miyuki looked over to the factory. “You need a distraction. Trust me, I'm the best one. Garret won’t be able to resist. This is the best option.”

“Bullshit!” Rocco cried. “A better option would be one that  doesn’t get your head blown off. Don't you do this.”

“It's already done. I'm a bit committed at this point.”

Further protests didn't move her, didn't change her mind. She walked up to each of them and said her goodbyes, lingering on Rocco and Surra the most. She knelt down and kissed Surra on the lips and whispered soft words to her.

“This is a brave thing your doing.” Viktor said as he offered his hand. “If it's possible, I’ll do whatever I can to make sure you come back safe.”

Rain was last. The threat of death was always near, but this time it seemed closer and it made her feel close to tears. Miyuki brushed off her concern and picked her up like a child. 

Normally, Rain hated being picked up like this. It was demeaning for one. Even worse, it meant her diapers were no doubt visible to the others. To his credit, Viktor turned his head as soon as he noticed. It didn’t matter though, not now, not when this might be the last time she ever saw Miyuki alive.

“Don't you start crying, Rain. Whatever happens today, it’s of my choosing. This has to end by my hand. And if I don’t make it, that’s okay too.”

“It's not okay! How could you say that?!”

Miyuki took her hands and put them to her face, her eyes burning. “Look! You look into my eyes…..tell me what you see. Tell me.”

After a few moments of hesitation, Rain opened her mind and delved into Miyuki’s, and once again she found herself looking through her eyes.

In the years that followed her escape from the arena of her childhood, Miyuki had roamed the wastes. She trusted no one, she let no one near her. She stayed away from towns and villages, choosing instead to live in squalor and solitude. She kept her sword close to her, clutching it until her knuckles grew white and her fingers lost feeling. 

She attacked anyone who ventured too close to her, convinced that they meant to steal her few possessions, whether it was her food or her life. She never gave them a chance to explain otherwise.

But that winter was particularly cold and harsh. Her ruin of a home kept a roof over her head, but the holes in the walls let in the freezing air and burning snow. It didn’t come as too much of a surprise to her when she grew ill. The fever scorched her to the bone, and the moments when it passed only brought back the cold that so tormented her. 

One night as she slumbered, a lone figure made it's way into her home. The footsteps were loud enough to wake her, but she couldn’t force herself to her feet. She drew her blade anyway and swung at the figure from her knees.

The figure leapt back in surprise and pulled down the covering from it's face. A ghoul. It didn’t matter to her. He was an enemy plain and simple. It took all her strength to stand up, but she managed it. 

“Take it easy, babe. I'm not looking for trouble. I just got caught in the storm. I was freezing my balls off out there. I didn't even know anyone lived here.”

“Fuck you.” Miyuki spat out with great effort. “Get out of here before I cut your head off.”

She swung again, but ghoul stayed just out of reach “No offense lady, but you don’t look like you're in any shape to cut my head off. You look pretty sick actually. I got some medicine that might help if you ask nicely.”

She swung again, this time falling over in the attempt. The ghoul laughed and put up his hands. “ I was only kidding. Of course I'll give you some. Damn. Name’s Rocco by the way.”

She screamed at him, she raged that she didn't want his help. He didn’t listen. He kept her safe from marauders, cared for her through her illness, and made no attempt to steal from her. It took all winter, but in the end, she actually trusted him enough to share her story.

The world shifted. The world was dark and filled with screams. One scream in particular. Rocco lit a candle, illuminating the small, dank room. Miyuki wished he hadn't. She hadn't wanted to see what she was doing, not so well anyway.

“How's our guest? Has he learned the errors of his ways?” 

Rocco spoke with a lighthearted tone that Miyuki couldn't share. The man tied to the chair before her deserved the pain he was getting. He had been running a group of bandits, tormenting villagers. What's more, he was an evil man, inside and out. That’s what Miyuki had told Rocco when she asked for his help. His name was Bill Tucker, the eldest and most violent of the Tucker brothers who had taken her captive so many years ago.

She had killed the youngest brother when she had escaped years before. Garret Tucker had vanished after the arena had been destroyed. But old Bill had made enough noise that she had been able to track him down with Rocco’s help. 

“The punishment should fit the crime.” Rocco mused. “A month of torture doesn't hold a candle to the years he took from you. Maybe take an eye next?”

He was right. She knew he was right. But it didn't feel right. Bill Tucker was beyond speaking at this point. He only moaned and screamed as she picked him a part piece by piece. He had been the most physically violent to her when they had kidnapped her, but even so this felt wrong. Despite everything he had done, she couldn’t bring herself to enjoy his suffering. On the contrary, it sickened her. But every time she looked into his eyes she couldn't bring herself to end it, even though her actions made her a monster in her own eyes.

So she kept him, hurt him, over and over again. She barely felt human by the time he finally died, but she did feel a great relief. Of course her nights were plagued by nightmares of his screams long after he died. He tormented her in death as he had on life. It was a bitter irony. She began to believe she could never be free of her pain.

Rain returned to the present at last, jolting in Miyuki’s arms. She felt like she had been Miyuki for years, lived those events herself, and felt all her pain. Digging into another's memories was always hard, but this time was somehow worse.

The memories, though painful, shed light on why Miyuki was so close to Rocco. Not for the first time, Rain marveled at how her own relationship with Miyuki had evolved over time, considering how hostile Miyuki was to just about anyone new to her. 

Miyuki didn't say anything at first. Instead, she carried her away from the others and laid her gently on the grass. Rain looked up at her confused until she saw one of her pink diapers on the ground beside her. She reached her hand down and gave her current diaper a few pokes. Sure enough, she was wet again, though probably not enough to warrant a change. 

Miyuki went right to it though, and looking in her eyes, Rain understood this would be the last time Miyuki changed her diaper. Her thoughts seemed so clear now. Miyuki didn't plan on coming back. She was going in with every intention of settling her past before her end came.

“Why did you show me that? Why did you make me watch that?” Rain asked. As horrible as seeing Miyuki and Rocco torture a man was, Rain still couldn’t bring herself to blame her friend for it, not after everything she had gone through. 

“I needed you to see it. You needed to see what kind of person I really am. No matter what happens today…..it's okay. I deserve it, you know? If I don't make it.”

As she spoke, Rain noticed her hands shaking as she finished wiping her clean. Rain knew what she was feeling. She had felt it herself many times, and had seen it many times in others since she had joined with Miles. It was terror. Pure terror. 

“But you will.” Rain interrupted, sitting up only to have Miyuki force her back down and finish putting her diaper on. “You have to come back. We can’t get by without you.”

Miyuki shook her head, and a few tears fell down her face. “I'm a bad person, kiddo. I've hurt people my whole life. Sometimes to stay alive, sometimes for revenge. I'm still hurting people. The only person stupid enough to love me is Surra, and that's just because she's a shit person too. She'll probably die soon anyway.”

As soon as the last tape was in place, Rain sat up and wrapped Miyuki in a tight hug. Her friend began openly sobbing as they clutched each other. Rain held her close, but couldn't find words to calm her. She could count on one hand the times Miyuki had cried.

“Listen to me, Miyuki. Surra is going to be fine. You're going to be okay. We're gonna save the day like always, and then we're all going home, okay?”

“I'm so scared, Rain. I thought I could do this, but now…..I don’t know. I don’t want to die alone in there!” Miyuki sobbed, her courage having evaporated.

“Stop! You are not going to die. I promise you. Look at me. You're going to be fine. You just have to keep it together until we get to you. Can you do that?”

“Yeah I think so.” Miyuki said after a few deep breaths. “I’m sorry. It's just….the idea of seeing him again, of being at his mercy again….”

“Don’t worry. You're not the same little girl that he tormented in the past.” Rain said calmly. “Trust me, by the end of this job, Garret Tucker will be at your mercy.”

The inside of the factory was filled with blood and screams. So like the arena of old. Garret Tucker watched as two of his prisoners hacked away at each other with machetes. He sat in what passed as a throne on one of the walkways, high above the circle of combat. One of the combatants would win soon and the fun would be over. He unfortunately couldn’t afford to keep killing his slaves, not when there were only a few collars left. He still needed his army for a little while. 

His plan had gone better than he could have hoped. In one move, he had propelled himself up in the world. He had marked himself as a man of importance, someone to be feared. Very soon, he would no longer have to worry about the collars. All because of a certain brat he had locked up, waiting to be rescued. 

To think he had almost overlooked her. The attack on Viktor’s wife was just to get her keys, but taking Aimee was a stroke of genius if he had ever heard of one. Viktor would no doubt come to rescue her, he knew he would. Jericho sat unprotected from his enemies and soon the rebels who had helped him find the collars would take the opportunity to end him once and for all. An ignominious end to the great and powerful Jericho Thorne. 

He was snapped from his scheming as one of the two fighters fell at last. The winner stood triumphantly above his adversary, ready to make the killing blow.

The winner, a large bald man no doubt used to working on a farm, looked up defiantly. “I won’t kill him. I can’t.” Such rebellion was bound to occur from time to time. These villagers weren't used to having a to take orders yet. But of course it wouldn’t last long.

“What do ya mean? You got him on the ropes, big guy. Just squat down there and stab him. Look at him, he can’t even fight anymore. If ya don’t kill him, I'll have to kill you, and to be honest I was rooting for you the whole time. It'd be a shame to pop yer head off.”

Garret pointed his remote a the man with a wolfish grin. The remote itself looked similar to an old television remote. All he had to do was type in the number of the collar he wanted to explode and the poor sap would go out with a wonderful bang. A larg red button would detonate all the collars if he was truly desperate. Finally, there was a password that would release all the collars, but that wouldn’t be happening. Garret didn’t even know what it was. No one was escaping.

He watched with fascination as the farmer turned fighter debated and wrestled with his conscious. Sure enough, he did as he was told eventually and ended the losers misery.

“Well done!” Garret cheered. “A true champion in the making right here ladies and gents!” He looked down at his gathered army, soaking in their hatred and resentment. I pointed the remote back at the winner and smiled before typing the number to his collar. For a few seconds he got to enjoy the look of fear on the man’s face before his face vanished forever in a fiery explosion.

Oh the screams, the outrage. It was like music to him. He ignored them all, got up and walked happily to the small office that housed the most important girl in the world. She was typical for a five year old, he supposed. Ever since he had taken her all she had done was scream and cry, all day every day. Currently she had taken to kicking the walls with the energy only a child could muster. He unlocked the door and strolled inside, pushing the child backwards when she tried to run by him. Once the door was secured he turned back to his prize.

“What's the matter, little rat? Ain't ya enjoying my hospitality? I thought you'd be grateful. I haven't hurt ya, have I? I'm keeping you well fed and warm. Lot's a people don’t get treatment like that.”

The small girl moved herself into a corner and glared at him from over the collar around her neck. When it came to looks, she favored her mother, but that glare? That was pure Viktor. “I wanna go home! My mom’s gonna be mad if you don't take me home.”

Garret knelt down to her level. Something about the look she was giving him bugged him. “I wouldn’t worry about your ma, kiddo. See I messed her up pretty good back there. She's probably dead. Like Indara you know? Theres another bitch whose no longer with us. Hell, maybe I'll take ya to visit her grave sometime.”

Aimee kept glaring at him, but couldn’t keep her eyes from tearing up. “Aw….I’m sorry, darlin. Did I make you sad? Well hey, that's life. People die.”

“You're gonna die.” Aimee said with difficulty. “My daddy is gonna come get me and then you'll be sorry!”

He moved closer and took her small hands in his. “Ya don't get it, do ya little rat? Of course he's gonna come. He's gonna be wanting some vengeance most likely, and of course he wants to save you like a good old man should.” He said softly as he tightened his grip, making the child squirm in discomfort.

“I want him to come find me. Know why? Cause as soon as he does, blam! I'm gonna put collar on him just like yours. Once I got big bad Viktor under my control, ain’t nobody gonna want to mess with me. Hell, they’ll be lining up to join me once Jericho is dead!”

He squeezed the girl's hands tighter as he spoke, smiling when she finally cried out. “And of course yer pa will do whatever I say, cause if he doesn't……well you get the idea.”

Viktor’s daughter kept up her glare, eyes brimming with tears. Garret was so focused on her face, he didn’t notice her tiny foot flying towards him. It hit him hard in the nose, making him finally release his grip and fall backwards. He got back up with a laugh at her spirit, his hand touching his nose and coming back with blood.

“I'll let ya have that one, little rat. You're owed that much I guess. After all, you're the key to my future, the key to my rising power. You're gonna make me a king, girl! You feel me, girl?! I'm gonna be a fucking king!" Without really meaning to he began laughing uncontrollably.

A knock at the door ended his fun and he briefly considered killing whoever was bothering him. With a grunt he got to his feet and unlocked the door. He didn’t recognize the fearful woman, but he rarely bothered to look at their faces too closely.

“You have ten seconds to tell me why you're bothering me before I pop your head off. I'd hurry if I were you.”

She kept her eyes to the ground. “I'm sorry m-master. A new slave was brought in just now. A w-woman.”

“Okay? So what? Is she a particularly beautiful  woman?”

“She knows you, master. She called for you by name.”

His interest was admittedly peaked. Who was this woman? Someone from Jericho’s territory maybe? He locked the office door behind him and followed his slave back to his throne. But the sight that awaited him when he looked down took his breath away. A face, all grown up, glared up at him with a burning hatred, a hatred that he recognized from long ago.

“As I live and breath. If it ain't the little rat that done escaped the maze.”

Miyuki tugged at the collar around her neck before spitting on the ground. “Hello, Garrett. Long time no see.”

• Like 2
  • Hades changed the title to The Lost and the Broken (Updated 9/15/2020) No really!

I'm wondering if it's possible to hack the control frequency? But that would likely take time and specialized equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

That chapter was awesome, well worth the wait! 

I am really enjoying this story, it actually feels like a fallout game, like there is the main quest but then the team are getting up to other things because well its fallout and there is a ton of stuff that needs to be taken care of. 

I also really like how complex this is. Like Thorne is the villain, but he is not a clear cut evil guy, like this is a post apocalyptic wasteland so right and wrong take on a new meaning. Granted Thorne is despicable but he also seems to genuinely care about the people he leads and I do sorta find it hard to completely route against him. 

Really enjoying this 

6 hours ago, Ubba said:

That chapter was awesome, well worth the wait! 

I am really enjoying this story, it actually feels like a fallout game, like there is the main quest but then the team are getting up to other things because well its fallout and there is a ton of stuff that needs to be taken care of. 

I also really like how complex this is. Like Thorne is the villain, but he is not a clear cut evil guy, like this is a post apocalyptic wasteland so right and wrong take on a new meaning. Granted Thorne is despicable but he also seems to genuinely care about the people he leads and I do sorta find it hard to completely route against him. 

Really enjoying this 

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. Honestly, it's comments like yours that make me eager to keep going. 

As for the story, it is really starting to feel like a fallout story to me. The main story, as it is, was supposed to be about Rain's lost memories, but between the side quests of the story and how long it's been taking me to send out chapters lately, I worry it's being forgotten. Still, we are reaching the end, swirling the drain you could say, so we'll be getting back to Rain's story eventually.

Thanks again.