LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Embarrassing Moments When Buying Diapers?

Aside from the heart pounding experiences of holding a pack of depends in a line of 8+ people I have only had one major incident.

One day I get the courage to finally go buy a bottle and of course I was thinking people would give me a crazy look. Now that I think about it there is nothing wrong with it, plenty of people my age have kids/baby sit or have young siblings. Too my surprise nothing happened until 3 days later. I used it a couple times with a juice (Never milk since I dislike the taste) while I lay in bed in nothing but a depend and watching a movie. One day I realized I forgot to wash it out and since no one was home currently it wasn't an issue so I went upstairs and washed it out and set it on the fridge so I could grab some food. I figured I would grab it on my way back downstairs but guess what...I forgot. Later that day my father calls everyone up to figure out why there was a new baby bottle in our house and I am trying my hardest to hold back every drop of sweat or from my face going completely red. I spoke up with a "You found a what?" and seemed like I was as shocked as they were (yet I was more shocked actually). Later in the day it was sitting on our kitchen counter and I kept eyeballing but knowing I can't take it back. To my surprise an hour later it was gone...and I know my parents didn't move it. The only people who could have taken it is a friend of mine or my brother but til this day I am to nervous to ask either.

Khoraz

Yeah I have had an uncomfortable confrontation with one of the cashiers at Walgreens. It took the women a while to realize what was going on. I think she might of thought that it was some sort of practical joke. Even so the stare from the other customers did not help. That is why I go to a medical supply store now(so much easier plus the people don't stare).

I found a local pharmacy that sells attends 10 classic. I decided to try them. I went in, scoped out who was there and went to the incontinence aisle. I grabbed a bag, and walked to the register holding my head up high. I always try to look like I'm on a mission no matter how scared I am I'll see someone I know. Anyway, I got to the register. (Here comes the embarassing part) A lady in line turns around, looks at me, then my attends, and then looks me in the face with kind of a snooty, dirty look. It ticked me off and made me forget the nervousness. So, I return the favor with a "Do you have a problem?" look. BAM! She looks quickly at her shoes grabs her stuff and leaves. I left the shop and guess who is sitting in her car next to mine. What do you know? She looked up and saw me and looked away before we could make eye contact.

Remember, no matter how nervous you are, always act confident and you will save yourself from alot of embarassing moments.

I found a local pharmacy that sells attends 10 classic. I decided to try them. I went in, scoped out who was there and went to the incontinence aisle. I grabbed a bag, and walked to the register holding my head up high. I always try to look like I'm on a mission no matter how scared I am I'll see someone I know. Anyway, I got to the register. (Here comes the embarassing part) A lady in line turns around, looks at me, then my attends, and then looks me in the face with kind of a snooty, dirty look. It ticked me off and made me forget the nervousness. So, I return the favor with a "Do you have a problem?" look. BAM! She looks quickly at her shoes grabs her stuff and leaves. I left the shop and guess who is sitting in her car next to mine. What do you know? She looked up and saw me and looked away before we could make eye contact.

Remember, no matter how nervous you are, always act confident and you will save yourself from alot of embarassing moments.

That is pretty awesome. So was she more stunned or was she just being rude? I agree I should have said something to that cashier.

Ranger: I agree, with anything not just buying diapers (can't in the UK really :X). Head up high, slight swagger in your walk no one trys and mess with you (and you can freak out the kids on the corner trying to act hard, just hum some random Drum and bass tune :X :P (i was drunk at that point :X))

Worst experince, wasn't buying nappies. I was layed in bed enjoying the afternoon (As you do) in a abena x-plus, cuddling teddy and sucking on a dummy and half asleep.... My sister burst into my bedroom (as she does :X) managed to hide teddy under the covers but completly forgot about the dummy still stuck in my dumb mug, and the sippy cup on the side table.

"Why you got a dummy?"

"ummm.... what do you want?"

"Got any cd's? umm yea in my cd rack :X"

Not spoken about in since, but if she brings it up ill be uber embarresed :X

ouch loopy, that reminds me of the time i fell asleep on the couch watching cartoon network.

i was regressing and feeling fully content when i fell asleep, i had 3 diapers on for the babyish feel, a bottle of juice on the floor, a binky resting beside my face and rugrats playing when i woke up to find my mom sitting on the other couch with a weird look on her face.

to make it worse my brother and stepbrother were awake and eating breakfast in the kitchen.

i definitely woke up on the wrong side of the crib that day, i'm just thankful no one's ever mentioned it since.

Can't really buy them here in the UK (Adult sizes anyway) only online. But I live with parents so if they ever got to the door before me in the morning when the postman rings the door bell god knows what I would do.

I don't really have any privacy from interfereing parents

It's always embarassing, but the time that sticks out most is when I bought some depends at walmart. It was the middle of the night, and some guys that I think were homeless were out front talking to the greeter. I went in and grabbed them, then went on the long walk across the store. Luckily no line, but the girl that checked me out didn't say a word, and then kind of just sat there and didn't put them in a bag after I had paid. She was a little dumpy looking, so maybe she was trying to embarass me or something, but I really don't know. I wasn't in any kind of mood to say anymore than I absolutely had to though, so I just picked them up and walked out thinking dirty thoughts.

Anyway, the two 'homeless' chaps were sitting out front still when I left and had themselves a good laugh at my expense. I'm really glad I don't even bother going to the store for them anymore.....

I've been in a few situations when I didn't want to walk out of the store with a bag of disposable adult diapers. Most times I don't care but there have been times I have asked the clerk if she could put the diapers in a bag for me, or if she could "put my diapers in a bag for me". That's only when the package is small enough that I know they will have a bag large enough to fit them into.

I've been in a few situations when I didn't want to walk out of the store with a bag of disposable adult diapers. Most times I don't care but there have been times I have asked the clerk if she could put the diapers in a bag for me, or if she could "put my diapers in a bag for me". That's only when the package is small enough that I know they will have a bag large enough to fit them into.

Back in the day, wow, about 10 years ago. I asked the clerk at walgreens for a bag for my diapers and she said she didn't have any big bags. So I proceeded to walk out of walgreens at 5pm on a tuesday with tons of people in the parking lot all staring at me and snickering. I got so mad that they didn't have big bags that I emailed walgreens about it. In 5 months i noticed they then had big bags to fit diapers. I like to think I was part of that ;-)

Super Diaper Baby

That's funny, my most embarassing experience was when a clerk did offer to put my diapers in a bag. Loudly, with a whole line of people behind me. "HON, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PUT YOUR DIAPERS IN A BAG FOR YOU? I ALWAYS ASK, WHEN PEOPLE ARE BUYING DIAPERS FOR THEMSELVES, 'CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW IF THEY MIGHT BE EMBARASSED..." Well, that makes it sound like she was shouting, and she wasn't, she was just trying to be friendly and helpful... but she was loud enough for everyone in line with me to hear. All the conversations stopped, and everyone either raised their eyebrows and stared, or studiously avoided eye contact. Sigh. (I wonder what people started saying after I was out of earshot.)

It kind of messed up my usual casual "I'm helping out a sick aunt"/"volunteering at a senior center" pose, when she said that about me buying diapers for myself. Isn't it irritating when someone makes a totally unwarranted assumption like that? And isn't even more irritating when she's right? :)

Last year ('06) on St. Patty's day I hit up a local medical supply store to get a bag of Tenas, and as I was walking out this lady (mid 40's) starts talking excitedly about my hair, and how it's just as curly as her 2-year old grandson's. Then she showed me a picture, and I'll be d*mned if the kid didn't have hair just like mine.

Anyway, I was standing out front of the building 50 feet from a heavily trafficked 4-lane road with a bag of diapers in my hand. I wasn't really embarassed though. Where I live, people don't frequently see the cars in front, behind, or on the side of them, so it's unlikely anybody would have had the eagle eyes to spot what I was holding.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to another medical supply store a bit further from my house, and got a 45-minute presentation on incontinence products and living aids from the saleslady. Seriously, I've had an easier time escaping from used car salesman than this woman.

Oddly enough, I find it's woman who are more often going to give a reaction. If a guy sees a woman buying diapers, they either assume it's a feminine thing or for someone else. If a guy sees another guy buying diapers, he's not so much as going to look in your direction because's he's going to be embarassed himself. (Unless of course, it's your arch-nemesis from highschool or something.) Most of the female clerks that have checked me out have maintained their composure, save one or two that looked a bit embarassed (iirc, both of these were younger.)

Seems like, from all the above posts, that women are more likely to have a negative reaction and embarass you than men are. Of course, figuring the nature of this board, these could be slight embellishments on what actually happened.

Last year ('06) on St. Patty's day I hit up a local medical supply store to get a bag of Tenas, and as I was walking out this lady (mid 40's) starts talking excitedly about my hair, and how it's just as curly as her 2-year old grandson's. Then she showed me a picture, and I'll be d*mned if the kid didn't have hair just like mine.

Anyway, I was standing out front of the building 50 feet from a heavily trafficked 4-lane road with a bag of diapers in my hand. I wasn't really embarassed though. Where I live, people don't frequently see the cars in front, behind, or on the side of them, so it's unlikely anybody would have had the eagle eyes to spot what I was holding.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to another medical supply store a bit further from my house, and got a 45-minute presentation on incontinence products and living aids from the saleslady. Seriously, I've had an easier time escaping from used car salesman than this woman.

So was the second medical supply store Medical West on Brentwood Blvd. in Clayton? I went in there once to check out Tenas and the older woman working there started talking to me about "diapering needs" and "proper fit when self-diapering" and did my doctor give me a list of foods and drinks that made incontinence worse and on and on. She was nice enough to give me like four or five samples of both the Tena Ultra and Tena Super so I could check them out for myself and the next time I come in, I can tell her what I thought about them.

Not really embarassing, but kind of annoying. I'm the kind of person who just likes to go in, grab what I want, check out and leave. No matter what I'm buying.

--Floaty

That's funny, my most embarassing experience was when a clerk did offer to put my diapers in a bag. Loudly, with a whole line of people behind me. "HON, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PUT YOUR DIAPERS IN A BAG FOR YOU? I ALWAYS ASK, WHEN PEOPLE ARE BUYING DIAPERS FOR THEMSELVES, 'CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW IF THEY MIGHT BE EMBARASSED..." Well, that makes it sound like she was shouting, and she wasn't, she was just trying to be friendly and helpful... but she was loud enough for everyone in line with me to hear. All the conversations stopped, and everyone either raised their eyebrows and stared, or studiously avoided eye contact. Sigh. (I wonder what people started saying after I was out of earshot.)

It kind of messed up my usual casual "I'm helping out a sick aunt"/"volunteering at a senior center" pose, when she said that about me buying diapers for myself. Isn't it irritating when someone makes a totally unwarranted assumption like that? And isn't even more irritating when she's right? :)

Well next time just say: COULD YOU SAY THAT LOUDER, THE PEOPLE IN THE PARKING LOT DIDN'T HEAR YOU !

I've gotten pretty used to buying diapers and I'm not really embarrassed buying anymore. I just march into Wal-mart and buy them whenever i need them. The first few times I bought were really embarrassing. I felt like I would have a heart attack ^_^.

The only time that anyone has said anything about them is one time in Wal-mart i was buying a pack of Depend and the store was really packed. I had to wait in line for about ten minutes with just my pack of diapers. When i finally got to the counter an older lady in front of me was picking up her bags and noticed that that was all I had. She said something like "oh honey, you had to wait all that time just to get your diapers". I just smiled and said "yeah" then commented about how the store was really busy that day. She was just being nice and I wasn't embarrassed about it. I smiled about that all day because she had said "your diapers" not "those diapers" or just "diapers". As if to say the diapers were mine and for me. She said it so casually, like it was nothing unusual. It really made my day. If that had happened when I first started buying them, though, I probably would have fainted dead right there in the store ^_^.

Guest attends-guy

One saturday I went out in late afternoon to buy diapers- iwent to three stores but i cant bring myself to get diapers when other people are around espcially in large stores- I am extremely shy and paranoid about people knowing about my diaper thing. To make a long story short after 2 hours of driving around I went to a small pharmacy that I used to buy a paper at every morning when i was in college. There was a cute girl there that I used to talk to and flirt with in the morning when I picked a paper on my way to college. Anyway I had not been back there since I graduated some months later. I was so focused on getting diapers that I didnt think. I marched in and grabbed a packet of large attends, first making sure that there were no other customers, as I approached the counter I saw it was her. For a split second I contemplated putting them back and walking out but decided to go thru with it. Almost as soon asIi put the attends on the counter she let covered her mouth to suppress a laugh. I must have turned red and just stood there blushing. She then held the package in both hands a huge smile came over her face-she pretended to looking for the the price but I saw she was reading the sizing chart. Still smiling she put them down and rang me up. At this point I was so nervous I wet my pants-I could a warm wet feeling spreding in my pants-in denial, I just tried to pretend like nothing happened,unconsciously turning away from the counter. My hands were trembling as I gave her the money-she had a big smile on her face. I took my chang, looked down at my pants in fear to see I was wet, and just wanted to get out of there when she looked up at me ( I was looking at the floor) and started giggling and asked "do you want the receipt"-probably her way of saying I know they are for you (i was 28 then). I sheepishly nodded and left ASAP -I think when see saw my pants that what sparked the second giggle fit.BTW-absolutely true in hamilton ontario

I had all good experiences when buying diapers. Once at CVS I was buying Depends. I had to wait in a small line. There was a guy my age that saw me with my diapers but didn't say anything or even snicker, which was a surprise to me. When I got to the register the girl had a tiny weird look on her face but that was for like a second. That is probably the worst that has happened to me.

One time I went into a medical store and started to look around at the diapers. I was surprised to see they had Molicares but unfortunately they only had Super not Super Plus. Anyway, while I was looking two middle aged women were looking around at stuff, I think for a relative. Anyway, they had to walk in front of me while I was looking at diapers. Thankfully, they both gave me a nice smile and just kept looking.

Another time I went to a small pharmacy and it was around 6pm. I didn't know if they were open so I drove around and then I just decided to try to see if they are open. Well they were, so I went in. There was a girl about my age, maybe younger and she asked if I needed any help. I then said I was looking for some incontinence supplies. She then showed me where they were. Then an older lady came up to me and asked if I needed help. I told her that I was looking for some diapers but didn't know which. She showed me some different kinds. I saw some Tenas that looked good and were on clearance. However, they were too big for me. I asked if they had any smaller in the back. So she looked but they didn't. I thanked her for her help and started to leave. When I was leaving the young girl told me that they could order any diapers I wanted. So I said okay and thanks and then left. I might have to go back because they were so nice.

I've never really had embarassing moments while buying diapers. Once when I was living at home our new beagle puppy got into my room when I wasnt aware of it. All of a sudden she goes running through the house with a used diaper in her mouth. Fortunately nobody really saw all that well before I grabbed it and threw it away.

Since I buy my diapers on line I have not had any embarrassing moments....

I did once though when I was more into cross dressing. I was at a store buying some bras and the cute young cashier asked if they were for me! I smiled and said yes. I'm not sure if she thought I was serious or just kidding. I did get a rush out of that though!

CDL

I have had a few embarrassing moments when buying diapers. But here is what happened tonight. I went to Walmart to buy diapers because I was running low. I hardly ever buy them there because all they have aren't that good but I needed them and couldn't wait until the next day. After purchasing some Depends(yuck), I was on my way out of the store when that stupid alarm that asks you to" please come back in the store you have set off the product alarm" or whatever it says went off. I only had the diapers in bag but the lady at the door asked me to come back in and then remove my diapers from the bag and asked what else was in there. I told her that was it so she asked me to go back through the doors again and to get this all over with I did because there were quite a few people staring at me by then. Anyway no alarm so I go back in the store put my diapers back in the back and proceed out the door again this time no alarm. Talk about having attention drawn to yourself when you least want it. I will probably try to keep stocked up on my normal diapers by going to where I usually buy them and stay out that Walmart for awhile.

Most Embarrassing momemt. Standing in Wally World check out line at 02:00 with 2 bags of Assurance Pull-ups and even though we live on other sides of town, My dad walks up behind me in line.

Nothing was said but the mortify factor was high.

Second sort of embarrassing moment was seeing cute woman in parking lot while walking into store.

Standing in isle making up mind about purchase and she walks into same isle and stands there waiting for me to make my choice cause she is also buying too.

I didn't know if I should say anything or just jet out. I gave my stupid smile but didn't say anything.

To this day I regret not atleast saying "Hi" or something. :fish_h4h:

Yesterday I'm stocking up at Walmart and got to the baby isle where a young man

was stocking the shelfs. GoodNites were way back on the top shelf and I had to climb

the bottom shelf and reach as far as possible to grab a pack. Then I received a huge

smile :roflmao: and wondered why. Later I realized my shirt was untucked from reaching up and

several inches of goodnite was peeking out.

huggies baby eddie

The up side for you small stature people is that you can buy/wear pullups or baby diapers and 99% of people will think you are buying for a child since they don't look at the size your buying....

I think pampers would make a killing by making an adult size product an placing them in bags that look like every other type they make, just placing the size number on the pack.

size 1-15 I guess.

Talk about helping the public out. Less stress for their patrons :thumbsup: