LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sleep Study Revelations

I recently underwent a sleep study to determine if I have sleep apnia. The room I was in was much like a motel room. I asked for an adult crib I got a kingsized bed. Sigh! Since this was a joint study between my cardiologist, doctor, and psychologist, I not only was wired for the sleep test, but the room was wired for recording and a video camera recorded the entire night. Once the nurses were gone I was on my own in the room. So there I was, wearing four diapers and plastic pants and nothing else but wires. I colored in my coloring books for about half an hour, read two Dr. Seuss books outloud, then took my pill, gathered my teddy close, and went to sleep. From the time I went to sleep until I woke up I didn't move anything but my legs and feet. The pacifier moved during REM, but the rest of the time remained still. Every two to two-and-a-half hours I peed (that's normal). According to my doctor the first wetting was the heaviest estimated at 1.8 liters. The other two weren't much less so maybe they understand now why four diapers at night is best. Duh! I don't have sleep apnia, which I knew already and spend most of my sleeping hours in REM which I didn't know. I had the dream about the murder during my last hour of sleep. I always know when I've had the dream because I wake up with a messy diaper. My body was rigid during the entire dream (21:08 or twenty-one minutes and eight seconds) during which I made the most pitiful moaning sound twice during the dream and fainted in my sleep. I didn't know one could faint in their sleep! I slept the following thirty-eight minutes peacefully in REM. I probably would have slept longer but they woke me up. It took me forty minutes to clean everything up in the bathroom before I was ready to leave. I've watched parts of the film twice now, once with my doctor and once with my psychologist. It's kind of sad really. I don't look at all like a baby! Sigh! I just look like a fat old guy in diapers trying to be a baby. Oh well!

The sleep study is a good thing. I have had 3 and the CPAP therapy does wonders for me.

I have a bad case of sleep apenia. I use to wake up with my heart pounding because I was starved for air.

If you have sleep apenia and they do something about it, your quality of life will get better.

When I went they let me know that they were use to seeing diapers.

I hope things work out for you.

I recently underwent a sleep study to determine if I have sleep apnia. The room I was in was much like a motel room. I asked for an adult crib I got a kingsized bed. Sigh! Since this was a joint study between my cardiologist, doctor, and psychologist, I not only was wired for the sleep test, but the room was wired for recording and a video camera recorded the entire night. Once the nurses were gone I was on my own in the room. So there I was, wearing four diapers and plastic pants and nothing else but wires. I colored in my coloring books for about half an hour, read two Dr. Seuss books outloud, then took my pill, gathered my teddy close, and went to sleep. From the time I went to sleep until I woke up I didn't move anything but my legs and feet. The pacifier moved during REM, but the rest of the time remained still. Every two to two-and-a-half hours I peed (that's normal). According to my doctor the first wetting was the heaviest estimated at 1.8 liters. The other two weren't much less so maybe they understand now why four diapers at night is best. Duh! I don't have sleep apnia, which I knew already and spend most of my sleeping hours in REM which I didn't know. I had the dream about the murder during my last hour of sleep. I always know when I've had the dream because I wake up with a messy diaper. My body was rigid during the entire dream (21:08 or twenty-one minutes and eight seconds) during which I made the most pitiful moaning sound twice during the dream and fainted in my sleep. I didn't know one could faint in their sleep! I slept the following thirty-eight minutes peacefully in REM. I probably would have slept longer but they woke me up. It took me forty minutes to clean everything up in the bathroom before I was ready to leave. I've watched parts of the film twice now, once with my doctor and once with my psychologist. It's kind of sad really. I don't look at all like a baby! Sigh! I just look like a fat old guy in diapers trying to be a baby. Oh well!

I hope they can help you with what is giving you the nightmares. My partner has sleep apnea and has the cpap, and it has worked well for her, but it is quite a nuisance. I don't sleep with her too often, the tubes from the machine are such a nuisance.

I always know when my stress level is climbing as I have a recurring nightmare... I wonder if this is something common among "us". It would be sort of nice to have some proper respectful professional research of our community.. Thanks for sharing pins...

missy

I have a newer unit. It doesn't make a lot of noise but it is worth getting use to

I hope they can help you with what is giving you the nightmares. My partner has sleep apnea and has the cpap, and it has worked well for her, but it is quite a nuisance. I don't sleep with her too often, the tubes from the machine are such a nuisance.

I always know when my stress level is climbing as I have a recurring nightmare... I wonder if this is something common among "us". It would be sort of nice to have some proper respectful professional research of our community.. Thanks for sharing pins...

missy

That number sounded pretty big to me, so I did a little checking. You may very well have the largest bladder in the world, from 2 to 3 times the maximum capacity of a normal persons bladder. I am amazed, that is about 4 lbs of liquid, nearly a 2 liter bottle. Wow!

Volume of a Human Bladder

i went with my Daddy for both of His sleep studies...the first time i stayed in His room in that uncomfortable fold out chair...ugh........They were very nice to me though......in the middle of the night one of the guys brought in a blanket and covered me up.......lol.......i took my tallie in a pillowcase because i didn't want them to see that i still slept with a stuffed animal........

turtle, i am kind of surprised that you would flaunt the "baby" thing so much when at the hospital?....I'd like to know why you would choose to do that?...i can understand the diapers because you certainly wouldnt want to sleep in a wet bed...but coloring books? reading Dr Seuss books out loud?......and i know that they say try to have the same routine as you do at home....but taking your teddy and sucking a paci?...maybe you wouldnt sleep without them....but for me.......there would just have not been a sleep study........

i'm not one who cares much for what others think.....but i still don't want to be an object of ridicule....i don't understand why one would invite that sort of attention...

Why did they feel there was a need for a sleep study anyway?

My Daddy has sleep apnea...appearently its a pretty extreme case....He also has difficulty eatting or basically swallowing because His throat is abnormally small......He woke up on an average of every 2 1/2 minutes that night.....He doesn't know He is awake...but His body does the waking / dozing thing almost all night long and so He feels tired all of the time.....He went again for a repeat study to fit Him with the cpap machine......(i got my own room that night....not many there for the sleep study that time...)....He says He slept better then He ever has with the cpap.......that was probably over a year ago......and He has never worn the cpap machine at home......He tries but pulls it off later in the night because it's so uncomfortable....

it is loud...and it keeps U/us from being very cuddly when He has it on.......but it would be worth the sacrifice if He could just wear it and feel more rested.....

I was tested for sleep apnea 2 years ago due to my weight and a medical condition which has affected my lungs. First thing I would like to say is, who can sleep with all those wires and electrodes hooked up to you!? You are already in a strange room and a strange bed. I was really tired when I went for my sleep study but I probably slept maybe 1 or 2 hours the whole night. I did not wear diapers since no one knows I like to wear them but I usually get up 4 or more times a night to pee at home when I don't wear a diaper to bed. Because I couldn't fall asleep, every time I felt my bladder filling a little I called out to have them unhook my wires so I could go and use the toilet. This happend at least 5 times that night! The end result was that I have sleep apnea, which I already knew I had. I never followed up with my lung doctor or got the breathing mask. I was downsized at my job this past spring and I've noticed that ever since leaving my old place of work my breathing has been much better, both awake and asleep. No more waking up suddenly gasping for air. I truly believe a lot of my breathing problems were from my place of work, an office building, since my problems started 2 months after I started work there close to 15 years ago. Getting downsized was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, except for no income!

I was tested for sleep apnea 2 years ago due to my weight and a medical condition which has affected my lungs. First thing I would like to say is, who can sleep with all those wires and electrodes hooked up to you!? You are already in a strange room and a strange bed. I was really tired when I went for my sleep study but I probably slept maybe 1 or 2 hours the whole night. I did not wear diapers since no one knows I like to wear them but I usually get up 4 or more times a night to pee at home when I don't wear a diaper to bed. Because I couldn't fall asleep, every time I felt my bladder filling a little I called out to have them unhook my wires so I could go and use the toilet. This happend at least 5 times that night! The end result was that I have sleep apnea, which I already knew I had. I never followed up with my lung doctor or got the breathing mask. I was downsized at my job this past spring and I've noticed that ever since leaving my old place of work my breathing has been much better, both awake and asleep. No more waking up suddenly gasping for air. I truly believe a lot of my breathing problems were from my place of work, an office building, since my problems started 2 months after I started work there close to 15 years ago. Getting downsized was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, except for no income!

If you have sleep apnea you probably need a machine or surgery. The thing is, all you need is just one time to suffocate while you sleep. You are lucky that you were able to wake up when you gasped. I never did and just kept on going even though I never entered REM sleep. One time I forgot my machine and it was the worst night of sleep in a long time. If I were you I would get another sleep study done. It sounds like the first one was off. Maybe you don't have it. But if you do then it is possible you could die in your sleep. I hear news stories about this all the time. I even heard of someone who died in their sleep while napping in front of the TV. My advice - follow up.

SDB

I wore a diaper to my first study, the diaper was under my pj bottoms.

If you have a had the study, and they provided a machine. USE IT.

If you don't like the machine or mask, go back to the doctor or clinic.

If it's not helping, you go back and have them adjust the machine

I started with just a nasal mask, then i found out i mouth breathe

then i tried a chin strap to keep my mouth shut - did not work

tried a full face mask and that was the ticket..... almost

I programmed my machine to do what it is intended for. and that was the best thing

I honestly would be in very bad health if it was not for gettin my apnea diagnosed

Yeah Tutlepins, I think you may have went a tad too far, but i would say that since it was with your doctor, and mental health doc, that they were trying to find out about the dreams more than any apnea

That number sounded pretty big to me, so I did a little checking. You may very well have the largest bladder in the world, from 2 to 3 times the maximum capacity of a normal persons bladder. I am amazed, that is about 4 lbs of liquid, nearly a 2 liter bottle. Wow!

Volume of a Human Bladder

my bladder fills all the way up before i void. it's about the size of a football when it's full. doctors used to worry it might rupture but that hasn't happened.