LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
packrat

Score at Thrift Store

9 posts in this topic

I have not had much luck lately getting anything from our local thrift store.  This trip I got 4 packages of diapers.  These were not the greatest quality, but were plastic backed; something I cant find very often.  $12 for the lot.  Nice to win a score of diapers for less than a quarter each.

40 minutes ago, packrat said:

I have not had much luck lately getting anything from our local thrift store.  This trip I got 4 packages of diapers.  These were not the greatest quality, but were plastic backed; something I cant find very often.  $12 for the lot.  Nice to win a score of diapers for less than a quarter each.

wa hoo nice one

That's a great find!

I used to regularly find Prevails and others at a local thrift store for about $3.99 a package.  That store closed up.  Goodwill sometimes has diapers for that price but not too often.  The other thrift store in my area is a Mission Thrift store and they just don't get it.  Often they will put pants, shirts and other items for 1/2 off but always have a sign saying, "ADULT DIAPERS NOT 1/2 OFF!"  A package of their Attends or other brands usually runs about $9.  Not a good price in my opinion and the same packages are sitting on the shelves month after month.

This was a Salvation Army store.  They always price them at 2.99 a package.  I still need to get my regular supply on the net or at a retail store.  Still, its fun to make the find and enjoy the savings.  And, I love the plastic backed.  Just too hard to find at retail.

I sort of gave up going to the thrift stores around here. In ten trips to two different stores over two years I found zip, nada nothing in the way of diapers. Must be the area I live in. Either that or someone else is scooping up all the diapers?

I was in South Bend Indiana for my Christmas shopping and stopped at a couple Goodwill stores.  At the far end of the city there was a Salvation Army store, kind of rare in the area.  I stopped in and saw tons of cloths and finally found the adult diapers.  About $12 for a package!  Couldn't believe it, for inexpensive store brands!  I walked out and went right across the street to a Goodwill store.  They had packages of Prevail disposables for $3.99 each, but since it was a Tuesday, senior citizens (over 55) got 1/2 price!  Picked them up for $1.99 a package.  I thought the idea of donated items is to pass along savings to people who don't have much money and turn over unused or used items that have been donated instead of discarding them so people in need have a chance.  It bothers me that a Mission Thrift Store and Salvation Army store, who is supposed to be doing God's work to help the less fortunate, can way over price items like adult diapers.  What good does it do people in need to price items as high as you can, about the same as what you can buy them for in a regular drug or grocery store?  It's a donation store for peat sake!  They don't have to try and get top dollar for everything in their store since it didn't cost them a penny for it in the first place!

3 people like this

I get your concern, Rusty Pins;  I occasionally see things at the stores I visit at ridiculous prices.  Then I see things ridiculously under priced.  It seems that it is a function of the local employees that set prices without checking value.  That said, I still check and hope.  

I need to start perusing thrift stores for some good finds :o Good job and I hope you come across more great finds !!!