LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Non-Western AB/DLs?

Are we getting more space devoted to us in the Psychiatric Manual these days?

From what I've heard that answer is yes. Before it wasn't even mentioned or was lumped into the larger "fetishes" chapter. Now ABDL gets a whole line or paragraph and is more commonly separated out from the fetishes (since it's not one by nature).

I could have heard wrong though, so it would be nice to confirm this with a really recent psych grad. I don't suppose we have any psychologists here that have graduated in the last year or two, do we.

We're all aware of the "western" and "english language" focus of the internet, as well as the ABDL segments in some other places suchg as Japan and Germany. This thread is a call for more info on those 'other' cultures ;) For those doing the research here it would be great if you could find someone in those 'other cultures' doing similar research, or who would assist in helping you find that information.

Honestly I don't see the prevalence of social media being a factor. How many stories have you hear where someone though they were the only one that liked diapers BEFORE they found social media.

There only thing I could go one is looking at the prevalence of people from eastern cultures, especially Hong Kong and Singapore.

I find it unlikely that a non-westerner would be significantly different than a western AB. their diapers might be different and some of their play activities may also differ but I see no reason why the prevalence of AB in any culture would differ from westerners.

In any research it's important to have the facts as straight as you can get them. And if you speak only one language then going to the largest and most active website on the subject in your language for help only makes sense. Especially when you know that people on that site are in the areas you want facts from and may be able to help you get them.