LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

reservations/alternatives to the term "condition"

This thread is kinda ironic. We just released a video session which at the end doses discuss this very issue. Quite simply, if you diapering and babyness is causing a degree of disorder or dysfunction in your life then it is a DISORDER.

And what if (like me) you have a disability where being diapered actually returns a part of your normal life back to you? What do you call being an AB then, certainly not a dysfunction- but maybe something more like a return to normalcy? Yeah, "disorder" is a throw away term.

What is the "condition" called when it causes no apparent dysfunction in an individual's life. An adult feels a compulsion to wear and use diapers with no medical "need," but continues his his normal life functions with no impairment.

Note: Use of diapers does not automatically imply infant-like behavior.

"Condition" does imply pathology: I have a "condition", for example. I have cerebral palsy--in other words, something is physically wrong with me. "Proclivity" and similar words imply choice, and I don't think infantilists "choose" to be what they are. The only word I can think of that implies neither is "orientation". Or does that suggest sexual desire, even without the adjective "sexual" in front of it?

"Condition" does imply pathology: I have a "condition", for example. I have cerebral palsy--in other words, something is physically wrong with me. "Proclivity" and similar words imply choice, and I don't think infantilists "choose" to be what they are. The only word I can think of that implies neither is "orientation". Or does that suggest sexual desire, even without the adjective "sexual" in front of it?

Proclivity doesnt necessarily infer 'choice'. A kleptomaniac has a proclivity to steal and yet, it is not entirely by choice. Most regressive adult babies act as much out of instinct and unmet need as by choice. Strong sexual fetishists also have more than just 'choice' involved.

It's just called a kink or an unusual behaviour. 'condition' and 'disorder' implies a degree of negative impact, even if only slight.

Except kind implies sexual, which is not the case for many here. Unusual may be right, but wearing diapers does not necessarily have to change your outward behavior.

The mention of left-handedness struck a chord with me, because I've always thought of that as a trait...a personality trait. My brother is left-handed, and I love to wear anything made of soft vinyl plastic. Both traits...right? In the same sense I see the various associations with diapers of most people here as a trait.