LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Smell proof diaper disposal?

So I am moving back to ohio tomorrow. I was here for a couple weeks and I decided that i don't really like it here in colorado. the small towns here aren't very nice to live in and apparently the large cities like boulder and the capital are too expensive. I will be getting an apartment in ohio and I want a way to be able to dispose of my diapers without having anyone who comes in the house smelling it. I know that that kind of sounds like a lot to ask because poo penetrates barriers really really well. If there is a way that I can do that though it will be ideal because I am not quite sure how I am going to handle poopy diapers once I get back home to my new apartment. I wanted to make a thread well in advance do I have a plan once I get my new pack of diapers.

If I have a messy nappy its a case of taking it off, folding it up and putting it in a plastic bag as quick as possible, tie the bag handles then take it downstairs and outside to the rubbish bins. I would not want them in my apartment after using no matter the odor barriers or whatever else used. The thought of my own messy nappies just sitting in the house with me is not an appealing one!

If you were thinking along the routes of diaper pauls, I have a Dekor XL. I will tell you it's okay as a diaper pail but with anything, if given enough time, the smells with make their way through. The best solution is to eliminate remove the soiled diapers frequently. I only do # 1's so I'll tell you, the dekor may last a few days before the stack of diapers start to smell a bit and after a week, forget it. The room is starting to smell. The pail usually fills before a week anyway if I'm home enough for changes. I personally don't recommoned a pail like the Dekor really as it isn't a cheap item to own. The initial expense plus the bags adds up.

I have purchased Sassy brand diaper sacks online. I think they're available in some stores too. Anyway, they're scented bags and for the most part and adult diaper can fit into it and tied shut unless it's very soaked. Also, I'm basing this on a size Abena M4 as reference. Another option over expensive ziplocks are getting scented garbage bags. Get the smaller waste basket size. I've bought the Ruffies brand vanilla scent in a roll from Target and have seen it at other stores as well. Very compact and they come with Twisties.

Lastly, it's often easier to toss out a day's supply of diapers than a weeks worth in a sack weighing 50 pounds so if you do that, you shouldn't have odors, especially if it's only # 1's.

Hope this helps!

Yes, Hopefully your apartment complex has the dumpster close to your apartment proximity. If not a small plastic Kitchen size garbage pail will serve you well. Luckily for the time being for the next month or two the weather will still be in the freezing range which will greatly help with any over zealous smells had you just have it out on your patio area. While it may be a bit overkill with the ziplocks, they are a great idea. I personally just keep storing the regular ones from the grocery store runs, and if you bag your own a extra 2 or 3 while checking yourself out will be a added plus when you double bag "something". IF not torn I just insert diaper and knot it and for the most part unless disturbed it holds the odors in fine. Best of luck on the move. :)

Get the gallon size zip lock bags. Also they have odor absorbing disk you can find in the auto section at wal-mart.

are you serious? those are terrible for containing smell. it actually makes it worse than if you leave a pee filled diaper sitting out. It is a really really bad idea and I know because I have tried numerous times.

Ugh. This small town I am in in colorado today has a bunch of dumpsters except they are all locked and there is no public trash boxes like in ohio. god damn it, I am going to have to take this used diaper I have been keeping frozen and put it back into my check on luggage. thank fucking god I didn't poop in it. I really hate this city.

This was a technique I know people originally used for messy diapers, but try wrapping it in foil before putting it in a tightly wrapped plastic bag and throwing it away. The foil does a great job of masking odors, and by the time it becomes noticeable to anyone you'll be long gone and the trash will be taken out. As far as anyone else will know it's just some food that's gone bad.

Ugh. This small town I am in in colorado today has a bunch of dumpsters except they are all locked and there is no public trash boxes like in ohio. god damn it, I am going to have to take this used diaper I have been keeping frozen and put it back into my check on luggage. thank fucking god I didn't poop in it. I really hate this city.

If it's a one time thing, dispose of the diaper at a gas station or fast food restaurants trash can outside. Personally not a fan of tossing my trash in other peoples dumpsters. Your trash, your problem.

Are you for cereal? Frozen diaper?