LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Buying diapers through Ebay question

DloverUK

Has anybody bought diapers through ebay's Global Shipping Programme recently?

I really want to buy a case of bambinos and get them shipped to the UK.

However, I bought 10 ABU SDK's last year and had a disaster. The postman left them with a neighbour, and I'm pretty sure her kids opened the delivery note and saw my ebay order: '10 SDK Diaper Adult Baby'.

So I'm wondering if the global shipping programme always ships with a delivery note? And will I have to pay customs charges if I am buying a case of 48 diapers? That would actually be better because then I can pick the box up rather than having it delivered when I might be out.

The Ebay info doesn't seem to answer these questions, I also asked the seller but they were clueless.

EBay sellers are always given the option to print an invoice that goes with the item. However, including that invoice would be up to each individual.

You'd be better off just telling your post man he must not deliver your packages to the wrong address. Either have them leave it at your door or require you to go pick it up at their sorting facility.

The Ebay info doesn't seem to answer these questions, I also asked the seller but they were clueless.

The seller is always going to be clueless about something like this through the Global Shipping Program, because eBay gives them very little information about the international transaction. (As you've already discovered, the eBay info doesn't answer the kind of question that you're asking either.) When you buy something through the Global Shipping Program, the seller doesn't even get your address--they get the address of a shipping center that they need to send the item too for international mailing. If you ask them about shipping costs, they won't be able to help you, because they can only see shipping information within their country. All the seller really knows is the eBay ID of the person who bought their item, and that person's name. The only time the seller even finds out what country you're in is if they track your package to the point of delivery.

Yeah, I'm on good terms with my neighbors but I'd still be furious if my mail was being purposely delivered to the wrong person (even if for just holding it). In the US at least, this is actually against the law (and for good reason).

Well, here's the other problem - I live with two other people in a block of flats (apartments). So leaving it at the door is not possible. I can't tell the postman not to leave it with the neighbours as it's not the regular postman that comes - it's a courier company. Even with the regular post here in England, all you can do is put a sign on your door asking them not to leave a parcel with the neighbours, which could arouse suspicion in my flatmates. I also don't want my flatmates looking at the delivery note while I'm out.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say about there, but in the US you can have packages held at the local Post Office for pick-up- it's called "General Delivery" here ;) You'll need approved ID to pick up and they won't hold packages forever- busy locations they may not hold for more than a few days. One nice thing about that here is that this can be almost any Post Office you can get to; it doesn't have to be your home or town. Not all will do this and sometimes these are held at a central location instead of a local branch, so you need to research the situation before shipping this way!

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to buy some old Euron Form nappies from a ebay seller (they have now changed to ID Slip) I asked him/her on three occasions if they where a particular size and he never got back to me and I really wanted them. He re listed them after the time ran out without contacting me.....