LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Custom Made Cribs

happyindprs

I bet I didn't spend more than $400 building mine and I had to buy all the tools since I didn't have any yet. I doubt I barely spent over $200 on building the crib itself and that was without taking any kind of existing bed/frame and modifying it. I built it completely from scratch.

Many forget the finish.

I once quoted someone to supply a spray finished cot, and they were astounded at the labour rates

There's lots of prep between coats from bare wood to gloss top coat.

If you decide what one hour of your time is worth to you and you can make and finish one cot in 1 working week

The labour would likely be in the region of $1500 to $2000 for what is a custom made to measure product.

Cheaper units can be made by adapting multiple genuine baby cots bought second user or from thrift stores.

I'm not interested because I have drawn plans for far mo0re complex things, and for a crib I wouldn't need them anyway- I can keep that much going in my hear without drawings B) But I can see where many might want them provided they were done well which doesn't always happen :o One suggestion is to make them readable to persons who've never built from drawings before because they will comprise much of your market-base :thumbsup:

The general consensus in many different fields that require physical work is that you generally pay about half for all material and half for all labor. I can see a really well built and sturdy crib costing up to $500 in materials. Double that and you get $1000, but I asking for anything more is just plain greedy. Unfortunately we see this quite often and a it seems a few here have grown to expect it as well.

As an adequate woodworker, I have gone over the cost of building a crib the way I would want it and it comes out to be between $300-350 in supplies. That includes the wood, hardware and stain/paint. Cost could go up or down based on the needs of the customer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind me asking, how did you secure your bars to rails?

Also in the photos is that lowered position of the drop side or the raised position? Since it appears it could go higher.

I built it using only a jig saw, power drill and a palm sander.