LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Childish Behaviors and Problems

Hi All

I am wondering how many of you have childish patterns of behavior in aspects of your adult life not directly related to sexuality or AB/DL things. This can mean anything but I am thinking of things such as:

Quickness to show emotion (anger, happy)

Irrational anxiety/fears (of the dark, separation, robbery, etc)

Generally playful

Irresponsible in some way

Poor time management and organizational skills

Tendency to be self-absorbed

Inability to empathize and see other's perspectives

Difficulty transitioning to sleep/wake

Regular/troublesome nightmares or night terrors

Difficulty concentrating and staying focused in absence of external pressure/motivation

Impulsivity (purchasing, crossing street, in communication - can't keep secrets)

Physical hyperactivity/difficulty with remaining verbally quiet or still

I struggle with all of the above, most of which can be characterized as developmental delays in the brain's self-regulatory capacity. It might be diagnosed ADHD/OCD and other things...but not necessarily. I ask because many psychologists tend to see the outward adult behavioral problems as related to AB/DL, but I'm not sure they are. Anyway, just looking for some thoughts on this...is there a lot of "bleed" from being AB/DL to "real life" for you?

Thanks,

Squirmyboy

I have some of the above. I also have anxiety so that makes me act childish and my meltdowns look like a toddler having a tantrum. I also can't handle stress well as other adults can. I can either hide my feelings or show it. If I show it when I am happy or excited, I act childish about it. If I don't act that way, I show nothing. I still get bored easily and have a short attention span in anything I am not interested in. I am done just like that. I also have a childish personality, my attitude and how I think and I still love sweets the way a kid loves them. It could just be my personality or due to my disability. I also don't always have a social filter. I was worse when I was a kid and teen though and I got better in my twenties.

For years we have made the distinction between "childish" meaning undesirable and "childlike" meaning desirable, behaviors and attitudes. Examples of the former are fad-following ad narcicism (being self-absorbed). Ecamples of the latter are being playful and knowledge seeking. In common parlance the former is "... is just a big baby" while the latter is "...is just a big kid"

Generally playful

Difficulty concentrating and staying focused in absence of external pressure/motivation

Impulsivity (purchasing, crossing street, in communication - can't keep secrets)

Zander,

I recognize it is also childish of me to need to defend myself at every opportunity...he, he...so I apologize but I wanted to clarify the reason why I say these things are childish is because they are normal in children. If you have these behaviors as an adult, you essentially have a developmental delay, meaning your brain is functioning like a normal kid's. It is also true that nightmares and night terrors are exceedingly common in kids from age 4-7 and are not always associated with PTSD, but rather normal brain development.

And there are just childish adults that act that way and don't have any disorders. That makes me wonder when is something a disorder and when is it not. When is it just a personality than part of a disorder. I am sure there are people out there that have undiagnosed conditions but have no diagnosed conditions because they have never been taken to any doctor as a child and never went to any as an adult for help because they either can't get help or don't think they have a problem.

*nods* I have some of those. But I tryyyyy my bestest to be good. Sometimes I just go with my instinct feelings. Been this way my whole life. Granted, I've witnessed other peers behavior and mimic theirs so I'm not as ridiculous. But my gut reaction is more impulsive and less thought out.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I am wondering how many of you have childish patterns of behavior in aspects of your adult life not directly related to sexuality or AB/DL things. This can mean anything but I am thinking of things such as:

Generally playful

I struggle with all of the above, most of which can be characterized as developmental delays in the brain's self-regulatory capacity. It might be diagnosed ADHD/OCD and other things...but not necessarily. I ask because many psychologists tend to see the outward adult behavioral problems as related to AB/DL, but I'm not sure they are. Anyway, just looking for some thoughts on this...is there a lot of "bleed" from being AB/DL to "real life" for you?

Thanks,

Squirmyboy

I have most of those as well, and I would consider my general personality to indeed be very childlike. I have my mature moments however, even though they're very few and far between :P I've been diagnosed with anxiety...which can cause some childlike fearfulness, depression....which causes a childlike urge to tear up easily and need hugs from someone else, ADHD...which is just childish in and of itself for anyone that has it themselves, bipolar disorder....which is more childish with the hard switches i get in my emotions sometimes even having little tantrums (That's im def not proud of by any means, AND lastly Disorganized Schizophrenia. That one is just a different beast in and of itself. I DO have hallucinations and i get a lot of my words mixed up (hence disorganized) and it gets worse when my anxiety is more active. Diapers for me are truly a psychoactive medicinal need. They help keep my mind calm and more..childLIKE, which reduces stress and keeps me happy and healthy :) It may all be in my head (lol?) but im ok with that :P

• 4 weeks later...