LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

well, where do I start? lets see. My AB Friend has a rough exterior, and I mean ROUGH! He is a 27+ year Meth addict/ dealer. He is homeless and currently on probation. Also Note, yes I am also an addict but NOT a meth addict (thank god) I am a 6 year recovering opiate addict myself (Vicodin, Narco, Percassete).

Guest Diapered2013

this is such a hard subject but sometimes letting go and doing tough love is what you have to do. But getting yourself out of that poison environment

I wish I were there to give you a hug. We both know that you've done the right thing but that doesn't makie it hurt any less. Your friend has a chance at life still, my best friend didn't. After knowing someone this well (and vice-versa) for 23 years, my friend gave up on living and went back to the drugs that made him feel good even though he knew they would kill him now. He even reached the point of lying to me, something that had never happened between us- ever. I tried everything I could but it did nothing- he was determined to go that way so he did and all I could do was watch as he went down the wrong road. Then I got a phone call telling me he was dead, a massive heart attack just as the doctors said would happen. There's a hole in my heart still, there will always be one where he once was :crybaby:

Good for you putting your foot down and saying no to your friend using drugs that you cant be his friend anymore which is a hard thing to do but the right thing to do. Hope you recover from the loss of a friend quickly and find another AB friend.

thanks guys. :) It has been weeks (Almost a month) since I spoke to him. It still hurts, everyday, but I am managing to get though this and stay clean. I am kinda glad I just let this off my chest and let some of you know what I am going through. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, (Which is really a big Positive for me) cause my mind will be focused on something else, Insuring and registering a car into my name ;)

Glad to heat that you're hanging in there, and I hope the process with the car goes easy for you. About 10 years ago what you're doing would have taken a full day here but they revamped the system so now maybe 1-1/2 hours, less if you're lucky and close to a DMV offfice :)

Well, I officially have the car in my name now :D I got a text this morning from his mother, he was arrested the night before last for "Possession of a Controlled substance" The cops called her so she could pick up his suburban. He is pretty much looking at 5 years in prison now. Maybe it will Sobar him up.

• 4 weeks later...

well, I got a phone call from an unexpected person this morning.... Him. He sounded great on the phone. Said he is clean and not chugging any alcohol. The problem is, this is a repeat of what happened in 2011- 2012 when he said this and was still using. I dont know what to do. :(

Offer your support but make it absolutely clear that considering his history, things are not going to be the same ever again :( You can still be friends; just not close friends. And that you're going to have to see years of him being clean before that can improve. Addiction is a tough thing to overcome which is why most who try fail :( That sad fact is something you need to realize and accept- the odds are that he's going to relapse but hope lies in that some people do make it :thumbsup: Another thing is that being 'jailhouse clean' is a lot like 'jailhouse religion'- both end quickly on release :o Only enough time can tell which way things will go so if you're going to stick with him, know that this is going to be a long-term thing. And be ready for more heartbreak. If you know someone who is a long-time recovering addict, take some time to discuss this with them. There are a lot of things which aren't obvious regarding people trying to turn their life around and those who have been around it enough will be able to help you help them better.

I don't abandon friends but if they walk away from me there's nothing I can do about that. I can't go down their path with them if they are on the wrong path; I cannot allow myself to come to harm when it doesn't have to happen. It's he!! being stuck like that with someone you really cared about but in the end you have to take care of yourself first- you can't be any good to anyone else without that.

• 1 month later...

I don't want to thread hi-jack but you guys must have a pretty &*cked up legal system over there in Cali. You say he got in trouble and had 6 year shelf time over over his head. Tested bad at probation office, and they still didn't take him? Then he does it again?

I don't want to thread hi-jack but you guys must have a pretty &*cked up legal system over there in Cali. You say he got in trouble and had 6 year shelf time over over his head. Tested bad at probation office, and they still didn't take him? Then he does it again?

They're not as tough here as they once were- these days it's more about paying your fees and meeting your curfews. I know many who peed bad more than once and some even got high misdemeanor arrests but are still on Probation without a glitch :rolleyes: You gotta try hard or be really stupid to get dragged back inside down here :(