LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does anyone know how long incontinent pills have been around?

Nat

I am curious how long pills for it have been around, is it something new? When did they first come out to treat it? Does anyone know? What year was your first experience with them when you tried them?

Doctor prescribes them as a way to treat it but there is always bad side affects to them. I still have yet to hear a story from someone about how well they work and don't experience any side affects. I don't know what they are called.

actually, the success rate is rather better than that. Is a very dangerous assertion on your part because it could possibly interfere with people trying to fix legitimate problems. Was someone like you saying that there are always bad side effects, you really don't know what you're talking about. It is true that there are often side effects, but that is far from always.

actually, the success rate is rather better than that. Is a very dangerous assertion on your part because it could possibly interfere with people trying to fix legitimate problems. Was someone like you saying that there are always bad side effects, you really don't know what you're talking about. It is true that there are often side effects, but that is far from always.

So people who talk about their personal experience with them didn't know what they were talking about when they had bad side affects?

Imiprimine is one, but there are lots of side effects (seeing how it is also a tricyclic antidepressant as well).

I was on it. Too high of a dose made me not able to pee but other than that there was no side affects.

I wasn't making anything up. Gee if reading is going to make me so damn ignorant, what is the point in reading stuff if I am still not going to know anything because I will still be "storytelling". :rolls eyes: Maybe I should assume everyone is lying huh and ASSume experts make stuff up too since it might be "storytelling."

I wasn't making anything up. Gee if reading is going to make me so damn ignorant, what is the point in reading stuff if I am still not going to know anything because I will still be "storytelling". :rolls eyes: Maybe I should assume everyone is lying huh and ASSume experts make stuff up too since it might be "storytelling."

I have been accused of trolling, lying, exaggerating and I even wonder why do I even bother reading if this is what it's going to get me. No wonder people stay willfully ignorant.

Or were you saying people were storytelling when talking about bad side affects?

by saying that the pills "always "have side effects, that is bullshitting, or in a friendlier term, storytelling.

The pills have been on the market since the 90s I think. But due to side effects that mimiced a heart attack I wont try any more. I find people who havent experienced the side effect believers in the meds and unwilling to believe side effect experiences written down..theres a lady on ADICSC that dont like the side effects but keeps trying them because she is desperate to not be incontinent but sever pills later and money down the drain shes still incontinent. I get sick of the false promises that docs give people by telling them meds work. They didnt work for two close realitives and you always hear stories of unsuccessful trys. The reason that nobody has anything good to say about them is there isn't anything good to say. I was chased off ADISC because of my views of meds and back lashing those who attacked me and called me names and none of them were punished and most of the people insisting I take IC meds there was continent people who know nothing about the meds. I am glad I am back home here at daily diapers where people are supportive.

Guys

I believe that you all have experienced side effects...I certainly have with a variety of antidepressants that mess with my ability to pee, actually like flowmax because it makes it easy to pee and a wet diaper is preferable to the feeling of needing to go and not being able to until I get full enough. My one shrink told me the rate of sexual side effects for SSRIs was around half.

But, as a scientist, I am concerned about sampling bias here...if someone took imipramine, say, and was "cured", why would they hang around on DailyDi or any other support site? I would like to hear from people with professional experience outside of the internet, such as nurses and social workers.

And, as for some messy accidents I have had, I can point at antibiotics, which, though taken for another purpose, a UTI, have made my guts feel a whole lot better. I am perfectly sure a UTI will make some folks temporarily incontinent. I don't think we meet them here, they take their bactrim and go play facebook or some such.

Not that I think many drugs are likely to work on principle...because they don't or can't address the underlying problem, whether nerve or muscle issues, that leads to incontinence in the first place. If I were trying to cure it, I would need to understand how to strengthen nerves and muscles, and the best known methods for that, practice and meditation, and possibly selective stimulation, don't involve drugs but don't work for everyone.

Possibly the right anabolic steroid might do it in conjunction with Kegels, but steroids have their own serious issues.

In the long run, I think the spinal cord injury folks will figure out how to get nerves to regrow, and that will be the key.for many.

I was on Detrol in the early 90's for overactive bladder and urge incontinence and they were fairly new at the time.. They did work to lessen the symptoms and I found I was more "in control' for the first time in my life but I eventually stopped taking them. The side effects were not what I would call really bad, mostly dry mouth but that is subjective so your opinion may differ. They may affect you differently also. The decision to stop was a personal one based on the fact that I am on another med permanently and felt I was just risking my liver over the long term and I am very good at dealing with my incon issues through a lifetime of practice.

I was on Detrol in the early 90's for overactive bladder and urge incontinence and they were fairly new at the time.. They did work to lessen the symptoms and I found I was more "in control' for the first time in my life but I eventually stopped taking them. The side effects were not what I would call really bad, mostly dry mouth but that is subjective so your opinion may differ. They may affect you differently also. The decision to stop was a personal one based on the fact that I am on another med permanently and felt I was just risking my liver over the long term and I am very good at dealing with my incon issues through a lifetime of practice.

I've been on most every incontinence med at one point or another- starting with the original Detrol in the late 90's and ending with the new Myrbetriq just last month. EVERY med either did nothing to or for me, or they gave me bad side effects. True though if one had worked I probably wouldn't be posting on here right now either.

The pills have been on the market since the 90s I think. But due to side effects that mimiced a heart attack I wont try any more. I find people who havent experienced the side effect believers in the meds and unwilling to believe side effect experiences written down..theres a lady on ADICSC that dont like the side effects but keeps trying them because she is desperate to not be incontinent but sever pills later and money down the drain shes still incontinent. I get sick of the false promises that docs give people by telling them meds work. They didnt work for two close realitives and you always hear stories of unsuccessful trys. The reason that nobody has anything good to say about them is there isn't anything good to say. I was chased off ADISC because of my views of meds and back lashing those who attacked me and called me names and none of them were punished and most of the people insisting I take IC meds there was continent people who know nothing about the meds. I am glad I am back home here at daily diapers where people are supportive.

no, they don't bother you because they quite frankly don't know how to deal with someone who is so incapable of reading. I said it before, and I'll say it again. You, like, two, B, nothing, but, the, victim. I would correct you on your facts, I don't consider you smart enough to deal with actual information however.

no, they don't bother you because they quite frankly don't know how to deal with someone who is so incapable of reading. I said it before, and I'll say it again. You, like, two, B, nothing, but, the, victim. I would correct you on your facts, I don't consider you smart enough to deal with actual information however.

I read just fine its math where I have a roblem learning. And people on ADISC think pills should be the only way someone should deal with incontinence no matter how sever the side effects. For a diaper site you'd think there would be more supportive. And they dont like people who are abdl that are on medicaide . They made me feel so bad I stopped regressing for several months here I posted a subject medicaide incontinence and abdl and got tons of support. If I posted that on ADISC I would get lots of hostile comments. Thats why I no longer visit the site.

And enough of said no need to bring an argument here. I said why I left there and came back to DD

GM24

Cool it and grow up. Babylee is being helpful by explaining the facts behind his experience, and stating what he isn't completely sure of..something we should all value.

DailyDiapers is the best place to hang out precisely because we accept that some of us actually like to be diapered, and support everyone who cares to be here and discuss their experience. We know that personal mileage may vary.

Now, I am having an experience right nonw which may be interesting. i dislike drugs because they are inconvenient and possibly dangerous. I nonetheless take them sometimes. First,in the past with SSRIs, I have found that side effects (in particular difficulty ejaculating) were greatly diminished on splitting up the dose into 4 pieces during the day, rather than taking it all at once in the evening. Curre ntly, I take Lexapro, which maes peeing difficult. To counter the side effect, I take flowmax. But the effectiveness of the flowmax seems to improve on 1000 mg vitamin C twice a day.

So, if you are trying to make drugs work, here are two things that seem to change the effects on the urinary system and may be of use as how to or how not to.

As to the original question,I think tricyclic antidepressants can have significant urinary side effects and have been around since 1960 or earlier. If your scope is wider, around 1975 my grandmother lost the section of her gut that removed water and was on codeine, a 19th century drug, to control the diarrhea.