LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Favorite cloth diaper fold

Rachel Emily

Ever since I first came to this forum, I've been curious about one thing. Those of you who wear cloth diapers, is there a particular folding method you prefer? I found the "jelly roll" fold (as shown here:

I wear prefolds, so that saves me a lot of time folding, which I got REALLY tired of. Basically, I just use the simplest technique, which is folding them lengthwise in 1/3's, then fanning out the back, and adjusting the front and folding over if necessary to fit and pin. This depends on the size I am using also. I usually wear mediums, but this differs from manufacturer to manufacturer it seems. I have some mediums that I can't really 'fold' and just pin in place with little folding, and others that are either larges labeled as 'mediums' or they are indeed 'large', which require more 'folding' :badmood: but they fit just as well using the same 1/3 fold method.

The nice thing about this is it creates a sort of standing leak guard in front, and in the middle a sort of 'pouch' with standing leak guards as well to contain what ever mess happens to wind up in that area. :blush:

this reminds me that I need to get some diaper liners for my cloth diapers to keep stains down and help in clean up. I keep forgetting to get them...

Have fun!

I have my own speically made diapers.They are very inexpensive as adult diapers go. can go a long time between changes and are made after an actual diaper that was put on me when I was 7 to 8 during the day and until I was almost 10 years old at night as a little girl. the originals were home-made by my friends' mommy who worked in a dress shop

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=28199

I think Rachel Emily is becoming a traditinal girl, which goes ever so scrumptiously with her name. It sounds like a little English girl from about 1951. Dolly Andrea Lynne's third name is Rachel

Do not forget the rubber panties to go over them. See my reviews under in my siggy. The right panties make all the difference

That "jelly roll fold" is similar to the one I use to keep my diaper from leaking at the legs. (After watching the video, I now know where the phrase "lucky dog" comes from!). I use a basic "angel wings" fold or a fan fold. I also use Dritz curved

I avoid having the between-the-legs part of my diaper thicker than the rest, I want the wet away from that part of me as quickly as possible so it does not irritate those parts of me. My diapers are of uniform thickness throughout and I only need one pin

christinedper.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on the diaper:

My medium overnight prefolds are usually done accordion style like flat disposables. I like thickness so usually there are some cloth baby diapers I line up with the middle pad, then fold the wings over so they end up being tight around the legs with 4 pins.

My larger overnights are a bit too long for that, and I will sometimes use a twist fold to make them a bit shorter, but it also cuts some absorbency since the twist compresses the middle panel. usually lay a second smaller trapezoid type flat fold with baby-sized stuffer to it too.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

is there a particular folding method you prefer?

I prefer to use two classic folds. Often I'll wear 2 large squares at a time lined with genuine baby 60cms nappy squares, folded over 3 times lengthwise to act as absorbent layers. First onto the changing table goes one large square folded in "the kite fold". Inside the middle of this are an extra 4 regular sized baby nappies used as "stuffers". All the above gets wrapped over the second large nappy (the layer next to the skin) folded in a method variously known as, "the bat fold", "the butterfly fold" or "the Chinese fold". This second square also has some extra baby nappies inserted as "stuffers" folded into the wide centre area as described above, to make it extremely thick in between the legs. I can assure you that when wearing such a large amount of towelling as described here, a genuine baby toddle cannot be avoided.

An added bonus is, the time between nappy changes can be really lengthy if you so desire.

I avoid having the between-the-legs part of my diaper thicker than the rest, I want the wet away from that part of me as quickly as possible so it does not irritate those parts of me. My diapers are of uniform thickness throughout and I only need one pin

christinedper.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...