LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

how does Tena Slip Maxi compare to Abena X Plus

They claim to hold as much as an Abena X Plus L-4 plastic backed. But they look really slim. My incontinent supplier order me some samples and they maybe here tomorrow. I am more of a thick diaper kind of a guy but they cant get the Abenas through my medicaide the tenas are alot cheaper. My question is do they hold as much as the Abena?

So I got home today and low and behold the samples showed up. I was excited and opend the up cause I needed to change out of a wet diaper anyways. But when I opened the diaper to put it on I became discusted with the narrow taping area I put one on anyways but hate the feel it dont have the normal diaper feel to it cause the tapes are to high and the open feeling were part of the diaper should be with the bottom tape annoys the heck out of me. Next test is to have my usual wetting accidents. If the hold alot I may just have to make due with my discust of the way the fit and how thin they are.

Udate. While doing yard work I relized they remind me of a pullup that actually stays in place. I am not a big fan of the pullup feeling. I like the way Abenas fit espeally the lower tape. They remind me of a over price depends cut of just below the middle tape.

Couple of other things its hard to se the wet diaper lines and when dry the diaper is so lite I almost feel naked like there is nothing on me. I will add a positive though I like the strip that the tapes adhere to easier to adjust the diaper. And the purple accent color is awsome. So far its held up to to peeings and beat the Tranquility ATNs but have 4 more leaks to go to meet up with the Abena plastic backed L-4s.

Yes I am lucky. Well I have wet four times and I think a fifth will leak will see. I am happy with the absorbancy of the diaper. I am going to probably get them even though I am unhappy with the fit cause its the best diaper that I can get for absorbancy. Ill chat with my supplier and weigh the bad with the good. Maybe the fit will grow on me. Update 9:45 pm fifth wetting I will try for a sixth but am sure it will leak cause it seemed full to capacity at four but got the fifth with out a leak. Been wearing this diaper since about 4:30 pm. Liked I said I am happy with the absorbtion level.

These are the two diapers I wear on a 24/7 basis so I can definitely tell you from experience.

I primarily wear the Abena M4. I have found them to fit my overall lifestyle the best. I like the cut of the diaper as it feels like it wraps all around that area, the padding is well distributed all around and they're thick but not too thick for discreetness. Easily hid under jeans. They contain leaks very well and I enjoy the very tall leak guards as being male, depending on the direction the urine descides to come out, the guards help channel it really well. Also with the high guards I can easily insert Abenas booster and it fits right down the middle of the guards and sits below them. I can go my whole work shift with an Abena and a booster. It's usually pretty saturated though and I do have to limit my fluid intake but that way I avoid changes. I do wear plastic pants too to cut down on noise and also it helps with leaks when the diaper is too saturated. Lastly the price is right on these. I can usually get them through ABU for just over a $1 a diaper.

The Tena Slip I wear primarily under dress pants becuse they're less noticble under form fitting clothes. I will also wear these for shorter outings where I know I'll need good absorbency. The absorbency is definatly up there with the Abena on paper but the issue I've run into is the cut of the diaper is much smaller and allows weeping out the sides and all around, much easier then the Abena. They are definitely a slow fill then a flood diaper. The diaper has good saturation distribution and will fill from front to back. The guards are much shorter then Abenas and don't always catch the flows in different positions. The boosters also come high up on the guards allowing dribbles over the top. The diaper feels like a bikini brief to me or like a belted undergarment. It doesn't feel like much is holding onto my hip and the tabs are high up. In a laying position I've noticed leaking between my thigh and the bottom tape whereas the Abena has much more coverage there. The crotch is much more narrow then Abena and I have to be careful of leaks starting there too. I will say though, for slow flows, these things can swell and swell and swell and hold a lot. It's actually very impressive! You can definitely tell there's a lot of SAP in these. I have enjoyed the refastanble tape tabs over the Abenas I time adjustment. Then there's the price, about $1.50 each so almost 50% more then an Abena.

Overall, both diapers fit a need for me and I'm happy they're both available. In conclusion the Abena wins as my diaper of choice because the cut, high leak guards, price and overall feel of it work better for me. Both have great absorbency. The Tena wins only in the category of discreetness and refasten-ability in my book but I need them at times when both discreetness and high aborbancy are a must.

Thanks drew I was asuming they leaked laying down and you just comfirmed my suspisions on the tena. Tried one again today and took it off after 3/4 full I just cant stand the fit.

Udate 3:45 pm talked with my supplier and may end up getting half my supply Abena And half Tranquility ATNs. If Tena slip Maxi would fix their cut of the diaper to the actual size of a real diaper I would get them. As the tena slip is now I cant stand the fit.

• Like 1

drew, you said it exactly. I'm urge incontinent and almost always flood my diaper when I go. As such, Tena diapers are sub-standard for me since they rely on so much sap that can't absorb it all quickly enough- even when starting out dry. Abena's though have much more padding which can handle several of my wettings just fine.

drew, you said it exactly. I'm urge incontinent and almost always flood my diaper when I go. As such, Tena diapers are sub-standard for me since they rely on so much sap that can't absorb it all quickly enough- even when starting out dry. Abena's though have much more padding which can handle several of my wettings just fine.

Brian that may be why the Tena Slip Maxi doesnt hold as much fluid as the Abena for me as I to tend to flood the diaper when I have my accidents.

Yes I am lucky. Well I have wet four times and I think a fifth will leak will see. I am happy with the absorbancy of the diaper. I am going to probably get them even though I am unhappy with the fit cause its the best diaper that I can get for absorbancy. Ill chat with my supplier and weigh the bad with the good. Maybe the fit will grow on me. Update 9:45 pm fifth wetting I will try for a sixth but am sure it will leak cause it seemed full to capacity at four but got the fifth with out a leak. Been wearing this diaper since about 4:30 pm. Liked I said I am happy with the absorbtion level.

How often do you pee? You had it on since 4:30 and you posted this at 7:35 so that was three hours you had it on and you wet that much already? Are they little ones?

it just depends on how much I drink. I usually drink a lot. And usually pee 2-3 times an hour. The day I postsed this I didnt drink as much as I usually do. I usually drink 3-4 gallons a day. No they arent little pees I flood when I wet.
  • 4 months later...

I am very interested in this discusion as I need to start wearing diapers because of my incontenance. I have ordered the Abena X Plus night M3 to try for day time use. intended use is for road trips of up to four hours. I do not want to have lots of diapers to carry around with me so I am looking for a diaper that will hold a good amount before leakage. I would say that I would be a flooder not a dribble person. I am favouring cloth for home use due to cost of disposables.

For a few cents per diaper more, splurge for the Abena M4's. They will defiantly get you over the 4 hour mark and handle floods. They have a wider absorption area then the 3's. With average fluid intake, the m4 will get you through even 8-10 hours. If I over do it on liquids though, it's as little as 4-6 hours.

In my Experience you will get an out of coverage notice or your supplier will bill you for any amount of Abena's or Tena above the classic Almost every state you can get 1 order of a quality diaper from them by accident but as soon as they see the Diapers coding they will hammer you back to a Tena classic or Tranquility ATNS. I have lived in 12 states and Tranquility ATN's is the Highest performing Diaper any of the 12 states i have lived in offered ,and even the Tranquility are getting harder and harder to aqquire under any insurance provider because everyone plays follow the leader with the Federal CMS office.

I am very interested in this discusion as I need to start wearing diapers because of my incontenance. I have ordered the Abena X Plus night M3 to try for day time use. intended use is for road trips of up to four hours. I do not want to have lots of diapers to carry around with me so I am looking for a diaper that will hold a good amount before leakage. I would say that I would be a flooder not a dribble person. I am favouring cloth for home use due to cost of disposables.

I am a big supporter of the Abenas L4 plastic backed they are well worth the money it equal the amount of the cheap diapers or better than the amount of cheap diapers cause you get more wettings per diaper and use less than the cheap diapers or Tena Slip Maxi and I dont like the fit of the Tena Slip Maxi. The Tena Slip Maxi does hold a lot though.

I can see a hospital wanting their diapered patients changing ever two or three hours but the cheap diapers they use don't last a fraction of that. The last time I had to spend an overnight stay, the diapers they gave me didn't last more than 30 minutes before reaching capacity. They had to cut off my IV early so I wouldn't go as much. Even then I was having to change every hour or so during the day, three times overnight (twice of which I had leaked badly).