LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Counseling & therapy (in a good way)

Hope this is the right place to put this. I'm wondering if anyone has ever gone to a therapist to discuss their ABness. I don't want to learn how to get rid of it or how to push it under, it's kind of the opposite - for the first time in my life I found out what it was like to be liked just the way I am. I gots a daddy and I got to be myself around him and it was WONDERFUL.

Hmmm... you think living near Cambridge Ma, I might not have to waste three weeks explaining why? I'm hoping to find someone who's at least heard of it or likely to be open to a reasonable explanation (in my case, "doesn't everyone want unconditional love?" "when was the last time you were truly unconditionally loved?") meh if those two lines don't do it, try another one on the list.

My current therapist is okay with it, even though it's a bit outside his experience, to say the least. I did have one dreadful experience about twenty years ago with a therapist who was decidedly less liberal-minded. She considered my love of diapers to be a "sex addiction" and wanted me to join a sex-addiction therapy group. She felt I was an AB/DL because I was lonely and needed to get into a "normal heterosexual" relationship (she put particular stress on "heterosexual", though I don't know if I'd told her I was trans yet). As you might expect, I didn't go back.

• Like 1

I've brought it up to two separate therapists over the years. Both times it was bad, they wanted to focus on why I like wearing them (no explanation) while also trying to break me of it (Not going to happen).

• Like 1

I am a therapist with a masters degree in psychology and working towards my PHD. Although ABDL is not specifically covered in our education and training, sexual and non-sexual fetishes and fascinations are.

I highly recommend seeing good therapists in general -- for anyone -- regardless if they have a fetish or not. We've all got junk and a good therapist can help us process and figure out why we do what we do and think what we think. Good stuff.

I've had several counselors who knew about my fetish. Some of them I went to for help on kicking it (they followed my lead and tried to help but it never fixed me). My latest one agreed with my decision to be at peace with this part of my life. Great great relationship and I grew a ton.

I think you just need to kind of go through a vetting process with them before you commit to someone for a few sessions. Not all therapists are created equal and they don't all share the same philosophies or methodologies. Many ate trained in different techniques or schools of thought -- no two are alike just like people. :)

I think you also need to feel free to make a switch or a change if it isn't going in the direction you want. You are hiring them -- and sometimes if you're not clear about the direction you want to go, they can assume things that are incorrect. In addition though, often therapists have led me in directions that I thought was stupid or silly a first and it seemed weird -- but many times it came around and ended up being really helpful. So sometimes it's key to trust your therapist -- especially if there is understanding and respect as a basis for that.

If one doesn't work out or ceases to be useful after a while, it doesn't mean that no one else could help you or that you've arrived. Keep tinkering and working with new folks until you get where you want to be and work through your junk.

Cheers

I have a bit of a story when it comes to this topic, but I'll keep it brief. I was introduced to therapy over being abdl when I was married to my un-accepting ex-wife, the goal was to cure me of my ailment of being abdl, needless to say this didn't work and was tagged by that therapist as a sex-addict that had better start attending Sex Addicts Anonymous meetings for my problem.

After my much needed divorce, I became inspired to go back to therapy, but not to try and get rid of being abdl but to work towards accepting it about myself and not only learning to live with it but to truly enjoy it too. And all I got to say is that seeing a therapist over my infantilism has been one of the best things to ever happen to me.

like others have mentioned, all therapists see things differently so if you try one out and they want to condemn you, ditch the fucker and try another till you find what works for you, shop around some if you have to. good luck.

In short, I've had a tremendously positive experience with one therapist. She helped me understand some of my regressive behaviors and explained that I shouldn't carry any guilt regarding my little self. And since I have embraced this part of me, I find I'm less likely to carry shame and as a result I don't binge and purge as often as others state.

For me, the part of acceptance was huge. I thought my actions were bad and wrong. But she helped me learn that it's a way I've learned to cope and self soothe. She even would address my little side and talk to that part of me. I found her acceptance in such positivity despite her not having heard of or experienced it with any other client.

Sadly, she relocated and our sessions ended. Hands down, she's the greatest and only therapist I've ever trusted. And I've had some seriously stupid therapists (she even agreed).

Hey Rosalie!

I'll say that my therapist didn't call my behavior a fetish or a kink or anything of that sort. She knew. I regressed and understood, so she helped me connect more dots. Though she had no prior experience with my kind of regression, she immediately noticed a connection with my behaviors. She particularly worked with children and young adults and regression comes up more often, at least that's what she implied.

I'm not saying everyone is going to react as well as my therapist did. I got lucky. But I understand there is a lot of unknown in this field regarding ABDL individuals. And even without knowing a lot, they will still try to classify it since that's what everyone does.

I've been going to a psychiatrist weekly for several years now as a result of an ultimatum from my wife. She found out I wore diapers and wanted it to end. Her thought was that therapy would 'fix' me. Well, it has. Now I feel very comfortable wearing diapers and cross-dressing where my origins had been (don't even ask). That's where my therapy started, but it's gone way beyond that and I'm actually very glad she discovered the diapers and 'forced' me into therapy.

Therapists generally like to deal with something that the patient considers to be a problem. I don't know how much satisfaction you will get unless the therapist feels that you want to give it up or find a different way of dealing with it. Don't expect a therapist to give you the answers. They will simply guide you to see where it is that YOU want to be with this. Also, ask yourself why you feel the need for therapy. Can you find the answers on your own or with the help of a friend who understands the situation? In other words, don't use a wrench to fix something that requires a screwdriver. You actually already have the answers you need inside you--it's just a matter of finding a way to let them out.