LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

To Change or Not? . Dilemmas for Diaper/Nappy wearers

How many of you have these questions regularly? . I do.

Your diaper is half wet. You are due to go out somewhere. Perhaps to a bar, perhaps to restaurant or something else. Your current diaper does not really need changing yet but you know that if you do not change you will

Possibly be in trouble later. You will most likely be soaked and possibly leaking whilst enjoying your activity.

If you change now it will be wasteful. A half used diaper being discarded.

Do you change before you go out , do you take the risk or do you take a spare diaper with you??. (Not always easy to take/ and or change)..

The same scenario at night. Your diaper is partially wet. If you do not change it will probably leak before waking!.

Or do you always ensure you go to bed with a dry diaper?.

Another poser?. You have a fairly dry diaper. Then you find you mess in it. Do you change then or continue to use the relatively dry diaper albeit soiled?.

I seem to have these situations arising regularly and others have told me similar .

Would be interested to find out others thoughts on these issues bearing in mind none of us like throwing out diapers needlessly due to the cost.

I hate to waste diapers (or anything else) but unless I am certain that the diaper I have on will be enough, then I change before leaving B) I've mis-judged that often enough so that I err on the safe side now :blush: I see it more as taking a good opportunity so that I don't have to find a way to deal with a less-than-ideal situation later. Like occasionally leaking, it just goes with wearing diapers that you're sometimes better off changing when you don't really have to.

A slitely damp diaper before heading out will stay on but a spare diaper is taken with.

A mildy wet diaper will be changed before heading out, still a fresh diaper is taken along just in case.

A damp diaper before bed is worn to bed, when at home as I don't worry about leaks sleeping in my own bed, when out and about, a fresh diaper before bed alsway.

A soild dry diaper is worn for no more then 2 hours befor changing when at home, out and about for any reason and it gets changed a.s.a.p. do not need to offend others with that smell.

I do not have that problem

Just to add something to the mix..would you add a booster to a slightly wet diaper to make it last longer and help avoid a change or wasting a diaper.....:P

Those of us who wear cloth don't have to worry about such things :P

And yet for me, when I'm wearing cloth diapers is when I'm most concerned about how wet I start off being :huh: It's tougher to deal with a cloth diaper change away from home since you don't throw the used one away and it takes me a lot longer to get one fitted well compared to any disposable :whistling: So even with their generally good capacity, if I'm heading out in a cloth diaper it's going to be a fresh one whereas with a disposable it may not be :D

Are you factoring in wearing a plastic/vinyl water/moisture proof diaper cover to extend the use of wearing a partially used diaper ?

How many of you have these questions regularly? . I do.

Your diaper is half wet. You are due to go out somewhere. Perhaps to a bar, perhaps to restaurant or something else. Your current diaper does not really need changing yet but you know that if you do not change you will

Possibly be in trouble later. You will most likely be soaked and possibly leaking whilst enjoying your activity.

If you change now it will be wasteful. A half used diaper being discarded.

Do you change before you go out , do you take the risk or do you take a spare diaper with you??. (Not always easy to take/ and or change)..

The same scenario at night. Your diaper is partially wet. If you do not change it will probably leak before waking!.

Or do you always ensure you go to bed with a dry diaper?.

Another poser?. You have a fairly dry diaper. Then you find you mess in it. Do you change then or continue to use the relatively dry diaper albeit soiled?.

I seem to have these situations arising regularly and others have told me similar .

Would be interested to find out others thoughts on these issues bearing in mind none of us like throwing out diapers needlessly due to the cost.

I faced the first scenario yesterday afternoon. I was half wet, and had an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed. Even though the salon is fairly close (approximately six blocks) I opted to change, if only because I'd be in a confined space and wanted to avoid an odor issue. And since I

I used to routinely change Millie into a fresh diaper before bed but after noticing how much easier she goes to sleep if her diaper is slightly wet, I usually make each diaper last a similar amount of wettings.

Never used a soaker, will it make much difference?

I always go to bed dry, then I know the nappy will hold if I need to use it in the night, after all that's the main benefit of wearing to bed! During the day it varies, don't like to throw them away barely used but if I don't think it will take another reasonable wetting I won't go out in it. Don't do messing so the last part isn't an issue.