LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I want to wear diapers for issues other than problems with my bowels

Hello if you have accidents where you can't reach the toilet in time. Then the responsible thing to do is wear a diaper or decent pull up. If you go the diaper route get the ones with Velcro tapes. That way you can get it off easier and reattach when you do use the potty.

your doctor cant tell you anyones name that has tried anything, its called HIPPA, they are forbidden by law, all medical workers to my knowledge are bound by it

Yeah I know lol, I had only asked as a general question and wasn't trying to find out if they knew individuals who had done it.

So my questions are:

Is it normal to want to wear to help boost confidence and reassure my self that everything is okay?

Who can/should I talk to about it?

If I talk to my parents or doctors about it, how do I put my point across without sounding strange

ShaunK:

Yes, if diapers make you feel better, you should wear them.

So my questions are:

Is it normal to want to wear to help boost confidence and reassure my self that everything is okay?

Who can/should I talk to about it?

If I talk to my parents or doctors about it, how do I put my point across without sounding strange

ShaunK:

Yes, if diapers make you feel better, you should wear them.

I'm thinking now that I really should have spoke to my parents about it yesterday as I've been up all night with stomach pains. Finally got to sleep at around 6am and woke up at 1. since then I have spent the day constantly running to the toilet.

would you need your parents to buy them for you, or help you with them? if so, i understand...

but if not, why tell them? i wouldn't expect my kids to talk about their underwear. just wear what you like.

and don't be paranoid. they probably won't ask or even notice your diapers, but if they do just say "they help me manage". manage what? "it's a long story."

Whisko, pop over to the incontinence forum...shaunk, our OP, is about to have surgery (a colectomy) on his guts. He is certainly going to be bowel incontinent afterward and in diapers for awhile.

I think that being diapered full time is a very likely result of the surgery, and it would not be at all difficult for that to continue indefinitely afterward.

Pragmatically, Shaun, talk to your mother by herself about the syrgery...that will help you feel safer about the follow on subject, which will come up naturally. All she relly needs to know is that being diapered makes you feel better, as in much more secure, and your particular gut situation doesn't make you feel very secure.

would you need your parents to buy them for you, or help you with them? if so, i understand...

but if not, why tell them? i wouldn't expect my kids to talk about their underwear. just wear what you like.

and don't be paranoid. they probably won't ask or even notice your diapers, but if they do just say "they help me manage". manage what? "it's a long story."

That's a good question. I have my own source of income so I can pay for them my self but due to not being able to walk properly and now I've been asked to stop driving by my doctors until they find out what is happening I'm kind of stuck. I wouldn't ask or expect my parents to go to the pharmacy and pick some up for me, to me that's where the line is. It's mostly with the plan to get them online, I always get asked what I've just got (due to just being interested and that I'm terrible with money) and in my mind, by them both knowing what it could be then it reduces the embarrassment a little.

Whisko, pop over to the incontinence forum...shaunk, our OP, is about to have surgery (a colectomy) on his guts. He is certainly going to be bowel incontinent afterward and in diapers for awhile.

I think that being diapered full time is a very likely result of the surgery, and it would not be at all difficult for that to continue indefinitely afterward.

Pragmatically, Shaun, talk to your mother by herself about the syrgery...that will help you feel safer about the follow on subject, which will come up naturally. All she relly needs to know is that being diapered makes you feel better, as in much more secure, and your particular gut situation doesn't make you feel very secure.

It's a reasonable question and it's one I ask myself all of the time.

Shaun, the delay is bad, in that you will continue in your current, presumably uncomfortable state a bit longer. It is good in that surgery is hard on anyone, and it carries definite risks.

Given the number of pills in your life, someone from your house is probably at the pharmacy every week. I am assuming you still live with your parents, and that the usual alternate delivery points (UPS or other shipping store, etc, as well as grocery store) are out of your limited walking range. Maybe they are in Taxicab range -- there is nothing wrong with wanting to be away from the house and outdoors for a bit. Maybe you want to upgrade your walking range. Maybe the local home health care or surgical supplies store or pharmacy actually still do home delivery which can be arranged for when your parents aren't home. I used to hide my beer when I was underage by confusing the issue with a whole bunch of other groceries, and that technique might work for you...if you bring in a lot of groceries, a package of diapers can be pretty invisible while it is unloaded and quietly spirited off to your private space.

• Like 1

Shaun, the delay is bad, in that you will continue in your current, presumably uncomfortable state a bit longer. It is good in that surgery is hard on anyone, and it carries definite risks.

Given the number of pills in your life, someone from your house is probably at the pharmacy every week. I am assuming you still live with your parents, and that the usual alternate delivery points (UPS or other shipping store, etc, as well as grocery store) are out of your limited walking range. Maybe they are in Taxicab range -- there is nothing wrong with wanting to be away from the house and outdoors for a bit. Maybe you want to upgrade your walking range. Maybe the local home health care or surgical supplies store or pharmacy actually still do home delivery which can be arranged for when your parents aren't home. I used to hide my beer when I was underage by confusing the issue with a whole bunch of other groceries, and that technique might work for you...if you bring in a lot of groceries, a package of diapers can be pretty invisible while it is unloaded and quietly spirited off to your private space.

I live about 2 minutes drive away from the local pharmacy and High street so it used to be easy for me to collect my medication and other things I might need. But now I'm having a lot of trouble with my balance so I can't walk properly and my Oncologist has asked me to stop driving until they can find out what's going on.

I still need to figure out how to speak to my parents about it, the words just won't come out

Talk to your doctor first. Ask the doctor how to explain it to your parents. Once you get it squared away and are wearing, simply soft-pedal the issue with your parents and don't discuss it with them any more than necessary. If they think it is for medical reasons, they should be okay with it. But if you seem to be "enjoying it too much" around them, then that's a different issue. Good luck. Also, listen to the others on this forum because they know what they're talking about.

I've seen this issue come up several times, and the solution is always different per case. Telling your parents is a judgement you have to make by yourself, because frankly, you know them better than we do. However, there's one thing you've told us that I think needs to be highlighted.

• Like 1

I've seen this issue come up several times, and the solution is always different per case. Telling your parents is a judgement you have to make by yourself, because frankly, you know them better than we do. However, there's one thing you've told us that I think needs to be highlighted.