LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Irritating Disposable Diapers?

rusty pins

I get what I can only describe as welt like raises on my upper legs and sometimes my bum. There is no rhyme or reason, at least I have yet to pin it down. I wear the same diaper most of the time, Molicares. And sometimes I can wake up and I have them when I haven't had them for months. I don't use powder all the time and I don't always use the same powder when I do. If I don't mess with them, they just disappear after a day or two, however sometimes I might scratch in the night or something. That seems to aggravate them. They seem sometimes to have a fluid build up, but it is a clear liquid and not a infection type thing. Something like a new blister, but deeper into the skin. I wish I knew what caused them. I get things like that as I am very sensitive to some laundry detergents and really towards dryer sheets. I get simular things on the rest of my body if I come into contact with clothes that have been washed in either and I wear them when it's hot out.

I notice discomfort in a wet tena (cloth back variety in north America) after sitting in it for more that 2 hours, no other diaper does that to me.

As far as the breakout on the bum thing, I get that with almost any diaper if I don't use a barrier cream. A single night in a diaper with sudocrem or zincofax or other zinc based extra strength rash ointment covering the said breakout will have the pesky pimples disappearing by the next day usually. I think it is just our skin reacting to the trapped moisture from both sweat and urine... Just my opinion

Every diaper manufacturer uses different processes (ie. hot melt vs. gluing), chemicals (ie. bleaching the padding or adding perfumes), materials (plastic type 1 vs 2), and even designs (ie. that extra non-absorbent layer that locks away wetness). All of these factors can lead to people reacting differently to them, even how long you're wet in one vs another.

• 2 weeks later...

It's annoying as ever right? I mean having a bad rash that won't go away for a long time. I swear this is the worst thing about wearing disposables. A leaky diaper can be changed fairly quick but healing from a rash like that takes time- all the while it continues to be bothersome! Still, I have to say that overall.... diapers rock!

I have a semi-permanent almost-rash on none inner thigh. It's just slightly itchy redness but it doesn't want to go away anymore :( It feels so good to scratch but that just makes it itch even worse so rather than set that cycle in motion I've learned to ignore it :whistling:

Bettypooh, I agree with Poopy....uh DiaperPailPat. I've had that kind of rash a couple of times now. It never really gets too bad but won't go away with diaper cream because it's caused by a fungus. If you don't treat it soon enough though it can become really bad and will take antibiotics to heal.

When I first started having to wear 24/7 it seemed like I was getting rashes all the time. At first they would clear up when I used diaper cream and stayed clean as much a possible down there. That went on for a couple of years but eventually my rashes never really seemed to go away completely. They would mostly clear up but then I'd get another flare up withing a few days or weeks.

Thanks for the help fplks :thumbsup: My problem (whatever it is) has been around for at least 6 months. I just don't scratch (well not often and not much then) and it doesn't get worse. The skin is unbroken, elastic, and other than the redness seems fine. I keep things clean down there and this is outside of the diaper area and so long as it can 'breathe' it doesn't change. If it gets worse then I'll do something for it ;) In the meantime it's hardly worth a mention but since it was on topic..... :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back again with some news :rolleyes: The mild rash I noted has gone away in the last week or so. During that time I have been wearing the Depends pull-ups and Bambinos but haven't worn the Attends plastic-backed I have so many of. It may be coincidence or not ;) but today after wearing a few of the Attends I'm now detecting a similar slight itchiness on the other side in the same area :o

I've had this exact same problem. If I have even the slightest sign of a rash then wearing Molicares will make it much worse. On their own they are great diapers and don't affect me at all but if I start getting them then I just need to switch to something else for a while. After I've healed (plus a week or so), then wearing Molicares again are no big deal.