LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Chewing..... Anything..... Anxious Habbits

So when I'm anxious I chew anything to hand, paci, plushies, pillow, blanket or in public, fingers, hoodie, hair, phone... Pretty much anything chewable.... I don't realise I'm doing it, I do it subconsciously and then sort of just snap out of it after a while.... And really out of all the anxious habits I have... This is the one I'm not bothered about because whilst it might look strange to other people it hasn't been causing me physical harm.

A far more important question is how long before you see a doctor because this is getting out of line and the tooth-grinding will cause dental problems that you do not want to have to deal with

A far more important question is how long before you see a doctor because this is getting out of line and the tooth-grinding will cause dental problems that you do not want to have to deal with

I bite and chew / tear my nails when I have something that bothers me going on. I have tried to be come more aware of it and since I started that, I actually have fingernails :) but it still happens from time to time and I wipe out a nail or 2 just because :blush:

Cutting out caffeine, done that too. I used to drink a lot of coffee, which I enjoy :) Buuuuuuuuuut I know it's not the best thing for me to do, so i switched to tea...either english breakfast tea or green tea. I know tea has caffine in it but not as bad as coffee. I want to try some white tea sometime..it's supposed to be yummy ;)

for a sweetener I use honey and try to stay away from processed / refined sugar, which seems to help some as well..

I also find myself grinding my teeth now and then. I don't know if I do it in my sleep...but my jaw doesnt hurt when I get up, so maybe I'm spared that. I'm trying to figure out how to stop that and again, I do 'catch' myself doing it..and remind myself that it's not a good thing...I think being aware of it is a first step in stopping something like that, maybe finding a substitute 'might' work, as long as it's not hurtful.

That's about it...I like having my fingernails :) and I hate dental work, but at my age that seems an inevitable thing that just goes with the territory..but still, try not to damage or destroy what I have left..

Hope that helps!

My oral fixation and anxiety basically dictate that I have to chew gum, and depending on what I do it can be up to 10 pieces a day. Even then I'll still do stuff like bite my nails down to the skin at the sides (and I won't stop until I've accidentally torn and bled. Never learn.)