LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

WANTED: A PLAYGROUND FOR ADULTS! CAN WE BUILD IT?

Something like this would be a hoot :D And yes I had though of this also. Finding a 'place' for it to exist might be a challenge, being 'centrally located' meaning somewhere in the mid west, center of the country. The nice thing about that is property there is pretty dang cheap...right now...then theres insurance and maintenance etc. Building the thing might be easier if an existing facility were found, then gut it and install said requested equipment...

For me as an investor type, one big requirement would be that the facility 'carry itself' meaning it pays it;s own bills and expenses with out further outside influx of cash. This can be difficult to achieve given the 'target' audience is rather small and scattered and generally average income people who don't have a lot extra for 'luxuries' such as this.

It would be fun to do though, maybe make it open to most anyone for parties and such, abd have 'black out' dates for AB/DL types only ;) hmmmmmm..

This is actually a fantastic idea, and there is reason to believe this would appeal to others outside the lifestyle. I myself have gone with a number of friends to fun centers and mini golf and other childhood staples. An adult-sized throwback to Discovery Zone would be insanely awesome. I've been talking with my online sister about the possibility, where it could be, how to pitch it and so forth for about a month now. Hopefully it isn't just a dream because this could really work... HOWEVER, if anyone is going to seriously go about this, be that yourself, myself, ourselves, whatever...

This is actually a fantastic idea, and there is reason to believe this would appeal to others outside the lifestyle. I myself have gone with a number of friends to fun centers and mini golf and other childhood staples. An adult-sized throwback to Discovery Zone would be insanely awesome. I've been talking with my online sister about the possibility, where it could be, how to pitch it and so forth for about a month now. Hopefully it isn't just a dream because this could really work... HOWEVER, if anyone is going to seriously go about this, be that yourself, myself, ourselves, whatever...

BIG YES! Now that Im starting to needle thru the logical details, the changing table idea is going tits up. Everything else is standing up handsomely.

Looks like yalls will just have to get changed on the floor.

But it will be a cushy floor! :D

Good idea, but I agree with Square Duck in that it would be a tough sell to investors given the size of the target market.

May I offer an alternative suggestion?

There are indoor, adult-oriented "play houses (sorta)" that cater to a wider audience and pull in a bit more revenue -- Dave & Busters being one such example. I could see an idea like yours working if you opened a similar business for the masses for most of the year, but held private special events maybe monthly for the ABDL crowd.

At these events, you could wheel in specialized equipment (e.g., changing tables, etc) and redecorate. Then charge a premium fee for attendees or - better yet - an annual membership fee that gives access to all ABDL events.

This option offers the best of both worlds: A self-sustaining business with revolving door revenue open to the public for 8-10 months a year AND a premium-priced ABDL "funhouse" reserved for special events for 2-4 months a year.

Just a thought.

Even if this were financially viable, my biggest concern would be public backlash. Particularly if it's started in traditionally conservative parts of the country (like the mid-west), I fear you'd encounter a lot of "NIMBY" syndrome among the locals. It could be hell getting county approval before you even break ground.

NIMBY = "Not In My BackYard", for those not in the know...

so the problem is, how will u make money on this? aside from ab's who will this market to? because places, any place, like a bar, or a cafe, or an indoor athletics area, will eventually appeal to a certain crowd... and then others will stop going...

I can see this working, there are several places like it that used to be in my area. I believe if managed correctly it could be popular, mainly among the college age folks. College aged love play grounds and generally acting like children.

Or maybe just hit up the Current Administration in Washington for a grant or 'loan' (HAHAHA) and list it as a 'special needs' project ( we are special and we NEED this) :P they would have no problem coughing up a few hundred thousand or more of taxpayer funds for this to take off and (hopefully) fly...

lest any corruption slither in and ruin the whole thig with cost over runs and union contracts or what not :P

But good luck with that :) There are plenty of open spaces or old abandoned buildings in all areas of the country that can be refurbished into usable play places, just have to find one that wont turn into a money pit...UGH. Sadly, many of these places are also in 'questionable' parts of town, so that would detract from attracting traffic etc..

Happy shopping! :D