LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question about desitin

Jbo

Has anyone used desitin before and does it smell good , like a real diaper?

I use desitin. Many people don't care for the odor but it smells babyish to me. I don't know about it smelling like a real diaper... but it's a pleasant odor to me. The original stuff is best (vs the creamy kind) as it stays put and does its job. It can be hard to clean off but that's what makes it work so well, besides its ingredients.

What does the original stuff package look like? And thank you for the advice:-)

I recently started using desitin upon recommendation from various members here, & it is a Fantastic product in my opinion. The odor isn't the greatest in my opinion, however that's not a priority to me, my priority for Desitin is now to prevent rashes & skin irritations of which it does a fantastic job for me. I use the Maximum Strength Original Paste (the purple labeled one). Hope this is helpful,

Smell "good"? It depends on your perspective I guess.

To me it smells like rotting fish combined with medicated hand lotion. If that floats your boat, more power to you.

Desitin - like most OTC rash creams - uses a base of fish oil, which I believe helps with repelling moisture. It also stinks something awful.

Desitin is very good for treating severe rashes, but it has a very distinctive odor that's hard to mask in public. Try Beaudreax's Butt Paste if you want something that will be slightly less offensive to others in your vicinity.

• 9 months later...

the best ointment i have ever used(when i have a rash only) is boudreaux's butt paste but its odor makes it a non daily thing

You might want to try desitin creamy. It absorbs into the skin to medicate it more than just leaving a slimy barrier. They also add fragrance to it to smell more like a baby too.