LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interesting Tidbit from Nursing Manual

Guest fakename7

Actually, as many 'trainees' have stated, it seems that their training eventually leads to a sort of OAB. With the detrusor becoming stronger, when your bladder does fill, you're more likely to have accidents where your detrusor overwhelms your ability to withhold. Interesting. :) Many people have imagined that the process required the weakening of the urinary muscles, I wouldn't have thought that what we do would cause strengthening of the detrusor. Interesting.

Let me jump in here...the tone that is referred to here is not a muscle tone in the way we think of it..rather the thickening of the wall. (Think like calcification of bones). Basically what is happening is the muscle is losing its elasticity. The cells collapse on one another, creating buildup, rather than shedding normal (like during normal use) the build up this tone, this extra bulk and wall, becoming inflexible. It is the same reason that after a year or more of non use-the bladder cannot just pop back into shape- why you get these urgent messages- the flexibility of the balloon characteristics of the bladder have changed to a a more solid inflexible shape. The ability to stretch is no longer there. Why someone may get a bursting sensation at 3 oz. and that is literally the Max they can hold. Anything else is too much pressure and slowly dribbles out. Different tone. Different buildup. We are gonna bulk up- gotta get up to the next weight class for the wresting match Saturday.. Coach says he will bench us if we don't! Someone say deep fried twinkles!?!?!.. Peeerfect! -Blake-

Guest fakename7

But wouldn't the result be the same, Blake? Capacity permanently decreased to as small as possible, with uncontrolled leaking/dribbling. Sounds like reversal would be terribly difficult, if not impossible, right?

Yes. The end result is the same- but as CreepyMouse stated, he was surprised to see things getting stronger. My note was not on the effect/end result. Only clarification of "tone". That the muscles are not actually getting stronger, they are just getting a form of build up.

When I'm not in diapers I usually have pretty good bladder control, but I do find that if I do a couple of small voids about every ten minutes or so I will begin to have a leak, which is closer to what I'm looking for, and will allow the diaper to work properly since it isn't on really big flooding.

So essentially, by visiting the restroom more times than you should could lead to your bladder capacity to shrink....guess that kinda follows the rules of the 12 month plan in just going whenever you have the slightest urge...curious as to how long one would have to keep running to the restroom every 1 1/2 hours before any results are noticeable....

I agree with the above. Key steps in my worad toward incontinence are reducing my bladder capacity along with lowering the threshold at which my bladder signals to my brain that it's time to void.