LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Older gerber style plastic pants and cloth diapers

Jbo

Anyone know where I can get plastic pants like the 1970's gerber ones and the cloth diapers also?

The Babykins plastic is NOT somooth. See my review

Or you can check the "I can't believe it's not gerber" pants at protex

http://myprotex.com/SaleNotice.asp?saleId=5

or as said, babykins has some pants that look pretty good for a replacement for the old VIP / Gerber pants

As for cloth diapers, take your pick...adult cloth diaper, angelfluff, baby-pants, protex, mountain view, plastic-pants.com....and I am sure there are others, you just have to shop around.

have fun! :D

Stevie, are those the protex pants you have on in your avatar pic?? thats great looking set up :) if not what it it that you are wearing??

Anyone know where I can get plastic pants like the 1970's gerber ones and the cloth diapers also?

I grew up wearing Gerber vinyl panties over pinned classic Curity 21x40" gauze diapers. In 1964 when I was born virtually all stores sold Gerber vinyl panties in sizes up to Toddler Large. Their Three Oaks, Michigan factory also made larger juvenile and adult panties from the same vinyl. My Mom and Granny ordered those by mail and phone to manage their own urinary incontinence. I was almost 6 when I outgrew the Toddler Large. From then on I wore the larger sizes. During the Summer of 1976, when I was 12, we spent most of a day visiting that Gerber factory. They gave us a tour and held a luncheon for us. Granny was not part of that trip, but she visited that factory the following year. She and Mom remained pen pals with the people from that factory.

Square Duck, the ones I have on in my picture are the old blue star panties. I got them a long time ado from ACD.

AH! thank you :) I was interested in buying a pair of those sometime..they look great! I suppose a very bulky diaper set up inside also...?

Great pic :)

The VIP pants I have also have texture on one side, the outside, and they are smooth on the inside. A blue/grey in color with a soft lycra fabric trim on the elastics. Anything close to this would suffice, for me anyway, as the origional VIP pants are no longer available. Most of what is out there just 'looks' wrong, so in finding a comparable replacement for these pants, I'm really picky as to texture, shape, cut and "look" as well as fit and function...so far the closest I can tell just from pictures and shopping are the pants mentioned above from babykins or the "Gerber' pants from Protex...both which I plan on purchasing in the future for comparison with my origional VIP's

AH! Ok, thank you! :)

Mostly I was curious since you wore the Gerber ones until you out grew them, that the 'familiarity' with them might have flowed over into adult usage. *shrug* Everyone likes different things and I just happen to have an affinity for the Gerber pants myself from childhood..it what I liked then and now...sooo finding replacements for what is no longer available.

Way back when, while on the DPF site, I had heard about 'rubber duckies' but wasn't really interested in them since I was a big fan of VIP, so i never 'experienced' those, but heard nice things about them.

Also, thank you for answering a question for me. :) in another thread, someone is selling a couple of old DPF "baby heaven" diapers and VIP pants and I was wondering about the fabric the diapers were made from. I heard somewhere that the 'baby heaven' line was made from Flannel, which is a BIG turn off for me, but if they were Gauze instead, it might be a tempting opportunity. I'm not a 'collector' either, just a D/L with a deep, life long passion for cloth diapers and authentic plastic pants that 'look' right as well as function as needed.

I plan on ordering some of the Kins pants as well as the Protex' Gerbers' just for comparison, they are on my list of things to buy...just have to get around to it. I have plenty of supplies, so I don't "need' them...more just want for comparison purposes and as possible replacements for the VIP's I have an enjoy :)

Gerber prefold diapers make wonderful stuffers and 'boosters' and I like them as well :)

Thank you for your reply and time :D

Yes, way back DPF did sell Edley flannel diapers. However, the Baby Heaven diapers were prefolds with a very goof gauze outer layer and Kodafil non-woven synthetic 'sponge' as the soaker. In that respect they were like genuine Curity gauze baby prefolds with used a slightly heavier gauze weave than the classic 21x40" flat gauze diapers. It was those Curity prefold diapers that really made the good reputation for Kodafil, which was used for many products, including the better quality stuffies!

The KINs V10300A have texture only on one side. They are 3 mil, soft and slightly stretchy.

I noticed that some pants stick to my skin and some don't. The inside is not an issue because of the diaper. The outside adheres to my inner thighs so I put baby powder on to relieve it.

Many manufacturers of soft vinyl panties put the welded side-seams in such a way that when the seams are on the inside, the textured side is outside. In theory the texture reduces clinging to skin. It improves the seal if the inside clings to skin around the waist and leg holes, so conventional design has the smooth side inward.