LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Peva Pants O*m*g! =O

Being a aficionado of cloth diapers and plastic pants, :blush: I have been around shopping and looking at different manufacturers and makes / styles of diapers (of coarse) and plastic pants to cover them. The last year or so, since Baby-pants was on-line, they started carrying a line of their 'gerber style' PEVA pants. I had heard reports of these as working well, but being very noisy..But I never knew HOW noisy..

At Maggies birthday party, my friend Honu gave me a pair out of a pack he had gotten from a site called "swimpants.com' I got these because I gave Maggie one of my favorite diapers to try, the 'Totaldry x plus' from Bambino (AKA Securepersonal care)

She had been using Tena slip maxis for night time and though they perform well, they are more expensive. I figured that the Totaldry Xplus had to be comparable, since I use them to much success and like them so much they are my go-to (as well as go in) :blush diaper of choice for general wear.

Anyway, I put the pants away for a bit until the urge (or curiosity) struck me, which happened

last night. I pinned on one of my favorite twill diapers and then pulled the PEVA pants out of their bag, and noticed how light they were....but L*O*U*D! it was like handling one of those plastic shopping bags that you get at the store.....SHEESH! extremely light weight, sure, but man....what do you do to cover the sound these things make??? :blush:

I had that on for a number of hours and in bed, until I got hot and uncomfortable and took them off to just sleep in the diaper :D The noise those things made was ridiculous!

I don't see myself wearing anything like that out in public....and I Pray to GOD that this is not the future of plastic pants!...I'll stick with Kins pants thank you very much...or even Comcos...these are just a red light announcing that something is going on here and you don't need a diaper sticking out of your pants to announce that you are wearing! You might as well have a sign hanging around your neck stating your underwear of choice :P

Seriously, I'm hoping that this is just a passing phase and material that will be short lived, until something 'better' comes along. I don't see incontinent people wearing these and being happy about it, so they really aren't a practical alternative to what already exists, that being vinyl or PUL pants, which are far more discreet and quiet.

Maybe it's just me...but I was rather bothered by this as a product...I prefer discretion to anything else, thats why I'm not an exhibitionist with this thing.

Are there any others who have tried these and think that they are just the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Would you wear these out in public?? knowing how absolutely ridiculously LOUD and noisy they are???

Just something to think about I guess and I thank Honu for them as an exchange for the diaper i offered...but still...I don't really see any future in using this kind of material as something for plastic pants, unless society does a complete 180 and suddenly EVERYONE is wearing these and it's the latest Fad thing :P which I don't think will be happening anytime soon :P

Thoughts?

I have some PEVA panties I got from Baby Pants. I wear them outside all the time, under jeans. They are not that loud. When uncovered, they are VERY noisy! I also hope that this is not the way the industry is going. I have a few pairs of the old pink and blue star panties from Gary's. They are my favorites.

I got a pair of the Gerber baby pants, with I picked them up and felt the material two words came to mind "trash bags"

I am a very traditional Girl who lives in a very traditional home, so that should answer any questions about any of these Joanie-come-lately's: if it is not broke, do not fix it. "NEW" means "Never Ever Worked"

I bought some of these pants last year from Babypants and have become my normal plastic pants at bed time. They feel so light weight and last forever. I will normally rip Gary pants after a month or two of every day use. The peva pants or over a year old and still look and feel like new.

Thanks :) and just as an FYI I didn't get these from baby-pants, though they do have them listed as "Gerber style' but they are PEVA. They are incredibly light, which is interesting, and from the sounds of it very durable. Also I did notice that the ones I have were a bit snug, which I normally don't mind, but around my legs yeah, thats just not comfy. Unfortunately these were the largest that this particular vendor had...soooooo if I was ever to venture and buy anothe rpair, it would have to be the next size up....erf :blush:

Anyways, everything has it's use I guess and they would be fine just around the house. I don't see myself wearing them under my jeans outside! :o no way no how! Just to noisy for that. yeah maybe the background noise would drown out some of the sound, but "I" would still hear it and thats bad enough :P

I went through this with Depends when I wore those, and made the mistake of going to a mausoleum to visit long gone relatives, and the noise those things made under my shorts could have awakened the dead! :blush: So I didn't do that anymore, and wont make that mistake with these either :P

The ones that BP mentioned I cannot imagine them being 'fun' unless you wore them under your shorts or pants and wandered around looking at people wondering where all that noise was coming from and what it was :P

Oh well...I'll stick with Kins stuff... they are soft and quiet...just the way I want my plastic panties! :D

You covered the negative issues, but the main reason I bought them is that they were so freakin' cheap! I only wear them at home and usually only to bed so the noise isn't a factor then. PEVA is also marketed as a "green" material, but I'm not a chemical engineer and can neither confirm nor deny that claim. Hope you find a good use for them. Aloha, Honu

Yeah you did mention that they were amazingly cheap, which is always a plus. I might just wear the around the house or to bed as they do seem to be durable and tough, so they can hold up to my rolling around in bed :blush: I think thats how I ripped another pair of pants, but I can't be sure because I was asleep :P

Anyways, They were a bit 'snug' around the legs and I had to take them off after a while due to being warm, but I might continue to play with them to see what they can or cannot do. And if they are as durable as mentioned, they might have some value in long lasting wear. I just need to figure out a way to keep the nose level down...sheesh!

But thank you just the same :) I had a great time and it is always good to see both you and Maggie again.

Have a great weekend!

qwack

One of the best materials for waterproof pants is polyurethane laminate (PUL). It's quiet, it breathes, and it is very durable. The downside? You have to make your own pants. The ones I have made work fine. and unless I'm wearing a really wet diaper, they don't leak.