LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Frustrated About Progress

Guest fakename7

Puperberus, Becoming completely incontinent for most anyone is probably more of mind thing than it is physical. (I say this, though for me becoming functionally incontinent really is a physical problem). Because of your break just last month it's like you're starting all over and have only been trying to obtain this for just this one last month. Make sure you take a look at the 12 month diaper program, I'd recommend you try to follow it as best as you can, that way you can compare your definitive progress with a realistic outcome. You'll see that it really does require much more than "just keeping everything relaxed" or "letting it happen".

Guest fakename7

Sorry, BabyBrian, maybe i wasn't clear. My "breaks" were in June and August of 2012, so nearly a year ago.

Oh, sorry you did say 2012. That does change things then. Still, have you tied actively following the 12 month program, how far along would you say you are with the program (and what's the next step you need to take)? You might still be at a mental blocking point too.

I am sorry, but I think this 12-month plan is complete nonsense. It is impossible to erase such basic mechanisms from the brain. As long as your nerves and brain keep working you will remain continent.

Says the person with 17 posts when it is clear that there are a dozen or more here that not only believe it can be done, but have done it. You don't have to erase anything, just make a habit that overwrites it and becomes your new 'basic mechanism'.

• Like 2

Wow, I wish I had as many posts as you have, maybe I could be right then too.... But first I will do my 12-month program to overwrite my ability to walk by entering a new basic mechanism how to sit in a wheelchair. ;)

• Like 1

Please read my posts again. I did mention the reason why the program will never work. As long as your nerves and brain work fine, you will always notice when your bladder needs to drain. Even though some of you think that the habit of relaxing the sphincter once you feel the urge of going is the same as incontinence, I am sure it is still a choice you make even when you don't pay attention to the urge anymore. Even habits are based on control. It's impossible to stop the bladder from sending signals to the brain, it's also impossible to stop the internal sphincter from keeping the bladder closed untill it's filled. Maybe it is possible to immediately let go once you feel the urge, but that is not incontinence. That is the choice of wetting whenever you need to go.

• Like 1

cathdiap, the evidence is against you on this one :o This method can work so well that you may not regain bladder control should you want that later on. Whether you understand how it works or whether you believe it does work does not change the fact: for many people it works perfectly :D You're fighting a war that you've already lost on this one ;)

Guest fakename7

I find myself wondering whether the 12 month program works for bladder-only, or whether it's dependent upon a person trying to lose BOTH bladder and bowel control.

cathdiap, the evidence is against you on this one :o This method can work so well that you may not regain bladder control should you want that later on. Whether you understand how it works or whether you believe it does work does not change the fact: for many people it works perfectly :D You're fighting a war that you've already lost on this one ;)

I have to downright laugh at your comment about the wheelchair, because it proves the point entirely. If you sat down in a wheelchair one day and decided that this was your new existence and never used your legs, in a matter of months you would not be able to stand because if muscle atrophy (the wasting of muscles due to non usage.) the principle is the same for the bladder sphincter, if one never uses it, the muscle will become so weak that they can not retain urine for any length of time.

• Like 1

You really don't get my point. If you would go to bed you would still move your legs during your sleep. Yes your legs would get weaker, but not enough to completely lose the ability to walk, or become a paraplegic. Atrophied muscle does not mean the muscle is no longer there, it is only weakened. It will regain it's strength as soon as you start using it. You guys seem to think it is some kind of self-sustaining system: once the atrophy sets in the sphincter will get weaker and weaker because it is no longer able to do the job it was supposed to do. That is not the case, to maintain the process of weakening your muscles you will have to decide again and again to not use them. That is not the same as involuntarily. Above all, it's also impossible to not use your pelvic floor muscles when you walk, climb, jump, sneeze, laugh, have orgasms, hold in a fart or faeces.

I'm with the op on this one guys. I've been 24/7 for well over a year and in the same boat. My bladder muscles aren't just going to disappear if I relax enough. It's impossible to relax them 24/7 anyway like the op said, think about night time or all the other times you use the bladder or pelvic floor muscles without even realizing it. A bear or other animal that hibernates half a year, doesn't walk, move or relieve themselves, does not wake up incontinent and unable to move. Sure, they're made for that but muscles to an extent are muscles.

Psychologically you may easily be able to relieve yourself with little thought but you're going to have a hard time convincing me you 100% can't feel like you need to go, cant feel urine coming out and your crotch getting warm unless you are numb done there. I'll compare it to wearing a hat. I feel the hat when I first put it on, but after a bit, I don't really realize it's there unless I think about it. Even if I wear a hat daily, every time I put it on my head, I will feel it. I will to wake up one day, put it on and not feel a thing. Similariy, relieving yourself, there must be an initial signal of some sort.

To the op, I honestly am convinced being fully incontinet and wetting uncontrollable is not going to happen on its own by wearing diapers, wetting them all the time and trying to relax those muscles. Been ther and done that for about the same time period as you. Unless there is a medical reason like an injury, disease, or medicinal side effect, it's just wishful thinking. There are going to be a lot of people here who may tell you it can be but maybe it's because they have an actual condition that's helping it. Anyone can tell you anything here but you know your results, I know mine. Others can tell you their results. Beleive what you want but from my experience, I'm not convinced we are getting 100% of the truth from some posters here either on there results. Just go with what you know. Peace!

Please read my posts again. I did mention the reason why the program will never work. As long as your nerves and brain work fine, you will always notice when your bladder needs to drain.

I haven't sought incon, but did follow the program for a while just to see what it was like.

You really don't get my point. If you would go to bed you would still move your legs during your sleep. Yes your legs would get weaker, but not enough to completely lose the ability to walk, or become a paraplegic. Atrophied muscle does not mean the muscle is no longer there, it is only weakened. It will regain it's strength as soon as you start using it. You guys seem to think it is some kind of self-sustaining system: once the atrophy sets in the sphincter will get weaker and weaker because it is no longer able to do the job it was supposed to do. That is not the case, to maintain the process of weakening your muscles you will have to decide again and again to not use them. That is not the same as involuntarily. Above all, it's also impossible to not use your pelvic floor muscles when you walk, climb, jump, sneeze, laugh, have orgasms, hold in a fart or faeces.

I'm with the op on this one guys. I've been 24/7 for well over a year and in the same boat. My bladder muscles aren't just going to disappear if I relax enough. It's impossible to relax them 24/7 anyway like the op said, think about night time or all the other times you use the bladder or pelvic floor muscles without even realizing it. A bear or other animal that hibernates half a year, doesn't walk, move or relieve themselves, does not wake up incontinent and unable to move. Sure, they're made for that but muscles to an extent are muscles.

Psychologically you may easily be able to relieve yourself with little thought but you're going to have a hard time convincing me you 100% can't feel like you need to go, cant feel urine coming out and your crotch getting warm unless you are numb done there. I'll compare it to wearing a hat. I feel the hat when I first put it on, but after a bit, I don't really realize it's there unless I think about it. Even if I wear a hat daily, every time I put it on my head, I will feel it. I will to wake up one day, put it on and not feel a thing. Similariy, relieving yourself, there must be an initial signal of some sort.

To the op, I honestly am convinced being fully incontinet and wetting uncontrollable is not going to happen on its own by wearing diapers, wetting them all the time and trying to relax those muscles. Been ther and done that for about the same time period as you. Unless there is a medical reason like an injury, disease, or medicinal side effect, it's just wishful thinking. There are going to be a lot of people here who may tell you it can be but maybe it's because they have an actual condition that's helping it. Anyone can tell you anything here but you know your results, I know mine. Others can tell you their results. Beleive what you want but from my experience, I'm not convinced we are getting 100% of the truth from some posters here either on there results. Just go with what you know. Peace!