LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Losing Weight Progress And Encouragement

I've dropped under 200 lbs this past couple of weeks. It's becoming easier to get my diapers on by myself. I'd say that's excellent improvement! Hooray!! I credit the fact that I put my diapers on myself fairly regularly. It's an exercise all itself, believe it or not.

Someone should do a diaper exercise video. Has worked wonders for me. lol

Though my weight loss has been modest (went from 215 to 200 this year), that's what did it for me too. I just had to realize a lot of food out there just isn't food. It's poison made of sugar, fat, and empty calories that's disguised as food. I just don't eat it anymore and instead eat something healthier.

The other part that helped was getting used to being hungry most all of the time. I eat when it's time for a meal. If I am going to eat seconds I also make myself wait 15 minutes after my first plate is empty. This gives my stomach time to settle and signal my brain I'm more full (and less likely to take more second helpings).

• 2 weeks later...

After having recovered from a shoulder injury last year I started bodybuilding again and rebuilding my strength. When I started (~June 2014) I was the heaviest I've ever been my whole life at ~187 pounds with ~21% body fat (6'0" tall). I've been training hard ever since and am currently 175 pounds and will keep training aggressively until I am ~10% body fat. After I hit my body fat goal I'll begin eating enough to provide calories to build new muscle tissue and my end goal is to be ~170-180 at 10% bodyfat.

This points out one of the issues I have with using weight as the enumerator of one's progress :huh: Muscle bulk weighs more than an equal amount of fat, so heaviness is not an indicator of anything all by itself ;) Which is why I'm going by shape, for that is my goal- I want to not see any fat around my mid-section then I will be happy no matter what my weight is B) I do seem to have hit some kind of 'roadblock' though, but I've been less than perfect in following my diet. I'm getting better lately though- my timeframe is beginning to run out :o

Ha, these are my exact same issues! When I got out of the Marines I weighed just over 200lbs. At 5'-10" tall that made me overweight, yet I had six pack abs and no visible fat on me. Now I weigh about 205lbs and have the typical gut. (With less muscle of course).

I actually used to weigh 225lbs a couple of years ago (not really horrible I know, but still was considered obese). Eventually I learned I just can't have any good tasting junk food in the house, very rarely can go out to eat, and absolutely must avoid fast food.

Eliminating those temptations alone, without actually changing how much I eat or exercise is what's put me on the right path. I suppose it also helped to start thinking of "bad" food as not food, but poison that not only made me gain weight, but raised my cholesterol, insulin levels, blood pressure, and so on.

My worst is when I take my Mom out to lunch on Sundays. I would never eat then if I had a choice but it makes her week so I do it. I've been considering becoming bulemic after that as I always feel so bloated. I can't go with her and not eat- that would cause her problems and I can't resist eating a full (for me) meal when I go there because the food is so good. My 'control mechanism' here is to not have any food I like in the house- I can't eat what I don't have- and that one thing destroys my control system :crybaby: So right now I'm stuck <_< I want Mom to be happy and to not worry about me, but for her it has to be lunch on Sundays, nothing else, and I can't live with myself knowing I can do that and not hbecause it would really hurt her to change. I'vwe discussed alternatives but she just won'ty go there, and I just won't make her unhappy. So as revolting as it may seem to some, what do y'all think about this? It's not something I'd do to lose weight otherwise, it's just that I can't find any alternative.

Bettypooh

Throwing up is horrible for your teeth and it's not good for the rest of your system either. Better not to go there, IMO, because you might find yourself doing it for additional reasons that you might decide aren't so worthy after the fact.

Eat less calories the rest of the day to compensate for the extra calories. Have some tea and snack on some veggies in the morning (celery, radishes, etc), maybe some beef jerky to tide yourself over till lunch. After your big lunch, you probably won't be that hungry the rest of the day. Have a light dinner like a TV dinner or such.

Another option would be to just eat how you want for Sunday lunch, and not stress over it. If you eat less calories than needed the rest of the week, it can be your cheat meal.

It has been my observation that people who drink a lot of soda- diet or not- tend to be overweight and unhealthy at a ratio much higher than for those who don't :o I haven't really counted heads, this is just how things seem to me so I could be wrong. I once nearly lived on Pepsi's, rarely drinking anything else, other than my alcoholic beverages which I later quit too :rolleyes:

I try to avoid food that makes me fat, but icecream just so good, not to mention chocolate, even though its really a waste of money

Havent weighed myself in months and no plans for it either,,,

wow i am so glad this thread has continued to thrive :-) i am still hanging out around 195 pounds, and since i'm 5'7" that makes me nominally obese. i have no problem managing my size, though i know i would enjoy looking better in my clothes, running for longer distances, and wearing smaller diapers :-D my goal is to weigh 123.4 pounds, which would be a phenomenal change in the shape of my body, and amazingly is on the low end of "normal" - i have not weighed so little since i was 6 or 7 years old. i was a big kid, and fortunately did not continue growing sideways at that point :-)

congratulations wayz and mikey - keep it up! dapper, i envy the level that you're already at; you make it look easy. ;-) and mikey, i really, really like your concept of a lot of food not really being food but instead being sugary poison! i will have to keep that in mind, it might help me a bit.

• 2 months later...

I need to lose weight myself. I have lost about 110lbs so far and still have at least another 70lbs to go. I wonder if I can lose that much before my vacation to Japan. :huh:

Perhaps you can- it's always worth trying :thumbsup: Just keep healthy along the way, that is the most important part ;)

• 3 months later...

I'm new to this topic, but I'll give my two cents. I'm around 5'10", and currently weigh around 215. The last time I saw my doctor, which was several years ago, he said for my age, height, and all that jazz that I should be down to 150 because that's what the BMI says I should be at. I bought a new exercise bike last week, and have been riding 2 miles a day on it. I plan to bump that up to 3 miles daily for the next week, and continue increasing it at least bi-weekly. Any suggestions on what weight I might want to shoot for? I have been told by many people that if I weighed 150 I would look unhealthy.

150lb at 5' 10"? You'd look like a toothpick :o The 'preferred' BMI was adjusted some time back after they found it unrealistic. Makes me wonder if they even did any studies before recommending it :lol: Your body shape has to be considered as well as your height- some folks are 'husky' and some are 'bony' and the same weight will not look the same on both. Nor will it carry the same health implications for both <_< That's why I made no effort to include weight in my weight-loss goals- it is simply an unrealistic and innacurate descriptor of anything, save for that one person individually. At only an inch shorter than you and with an average build I am quite slim and trim at 150lbs B)

It's amazing how much muscle you build can be a huge factor in weight. If you look at how much body builders weigh, they are all over 200 pounds. The shorter ones do weigh less, but even at like 5'6" they are around 220 pounds. On the biggest loser one season they had a women that the doctor said she would have a much tougher time losing weight as her body naturally did not build muscle like some others. I naturally build muscle fast and have pretty much plateaued at 218 pounds. I'm sure I can get it down further, but I know just from looking at myself that I am trimmer and have more muscle, even though I've been at 218 for 2 months. I say this as I have had a new job for 2 months now that is physical, climbing up and down ladders to install wireless radios for broadband internet on top of buildings. Pulling up your own body weight up a vertical ladder on a commercial building is a good workout I found out. Of course I also have to pull up the equipment also with other things with a rope, but I found that to be the most demanding when I first started this job. So a number is a good general rule, but just from my own experience I would say if you are within 15 pounds of the "number" it would be smart to take a look at how much muscle and such you have. So to the person who's doctor said 150 would be good, see what you look like at 165 and if you stay the same, but are building more muscle it could be that you just naturally build muscle and so 150 isn't a realistic number for you. Also a good measure of if you are getting healthier but not losing weight is your waist measurement. Even though I am still at 218, my pants are looser after doing physical work the last 2 months and can wear my size 38 pants again.

Agreed. I'm 5'11" and according to those charts I should be under 180 pounds. Except I haven't weighed that since I was in 10th grade. Even coming out of boot camp I weighed 205. I'm 215 now which officially makes me obese yet I only have a small gut. Sure I'd like to loose it, but am otherwise ok with it since I know I'm eating right and exercising a little each morning. Plus, I haven't gained any weight in years so I know I'm just fine where I'm at.

• Like 1

Agreed. I'm 5'11" and according to those charts I should be under 180 pounds. Except I haven't weighed that since I was in 10th grade. Even coming out of boot camp I weighed 205. I'm 215 now which officially makes me obese yet I only have a small gut. Sure I'd like to loose it, but am otherwise ok with it since I know I'm eating right and exercising a little each morning. Plus, I haven't gained any weight in years so I know I'm just fine where I'm at.

I just finished my usual 2 miles on the exercise bike for tonight. If I keep a consistent pace of around 14 mph, I usually finish it in about 8:40 minutes. I'm planning to increase the distance this coming week though, and add a little weight lifting a few days as well.