LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Long Before You Are Unaware Of Your Indwelling Catheter?

Guest jeff142

Thanks for the info. Yes and i bat that fell wierd. so you fell dicrect when you have the right size then?

The right size will have to be a exparemant, Normaly you want it so you

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, given how different everyone is different you can really only try one and then another. You can buy single catheters online. I prefer Amazon since you can get different sizes shipped and totaled together. Most indwelling catheters start out at 16fr but those are usually too small for most average people. I do recommend that if you find one that doesn't irritate you too much you should still try the next size up. It could still end up being even less irritating.

for me, with an 18fr 5cc silicone foley, 5 minutes :-)

22fr fits me, but the tip is so big that i have pain and trouble getting it started in. i really liked yhe silicone material, though, so i ordered some 18fr and they work great.

for short-term foley use, i'd recommend the 5cc balloon and not the 30cc. the bigger the balloon, the more stretched-out balloon material there is to irritate your urethra on its way out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

is it normal for your bladder and urethra to spasm so much it hurts? It felt like my body was trying to force the catheter out of the bladder and pushing as hard as it could. I finally deflated the balloon and slowly pulled it out. Is that how it is supposed to feel?

is it normal for your bladder and urethra to spasm so much it hurts? It felt like my body was trying to force the catheter out of the bladder and pushing as hard as it could. I finally deflated the balloon and slowly pulled it out. Is that how it is supposed to feel?

Thank you both for the advice. I just did not know if it was ok for the "equipment" to be up lest urine stay in the tubing and cause infection, and then I was worried about the tip of the catheter being anywhere near the anus lest bacteria from there migrate in.