LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Us Sites For Introduction To Cloth

I know there's plenty of good sites to be found in the States- but I was wondering if there's one that's above the rest to order singles to find the right one for me. I'm going to look through threads here to see which diapers I should be looking for, as well as plastic panties- but feel free to try and inform me! Personally, I'm not even sure what I want, as there's so many options. Any way of knowing what a good choice would be (besides ordering)?

I buy my vinyl panties from Kins, the adult division of Babykins. I wear pull-on style 10300V

I buy my gauze 36" square flat 2-ply diapers from Adult Cloth Diaper Company

I buy the Geber Birdseye baby prefold diapers I use as soakers from either of 2 local Babies-R-Us stores, when they go on sale

I agree with Angela I Have bought every item on the Kins Menu I have 150 different onesies, tank top, short sleeve, boat neck short sleeve, Long Sleeve, long sleeve long leg, and Golf shirt, plastic pants of vinyl, rubber pants , contour velcro diapers I love the quality ,the fast service , the care that Jenny takes in every order , they are second to None.

Be Happy in your Nappy

• Like 1

How about a good pair of plastic pants to go over disposables? I saw some on fetwarethat are specifically sold for this purpose, but was wondering if there's a type to look for when browsing? Thanks for all the help so far, everyone!

The thing to remember is that virtually all disposable diapers currently on the market were designed and tested without being covered by any kind of waterproof pant. The combination of a disposable, classic poly plastic or cloth-like, with a non-porous waterproof pant results in a whole lot of heat build-up. There are also issues of skin irritation from all that plastic rubbing.

There are so-called "bedwetter pants" made by many plastic pants manufacturers, Those have a plastic outer cover with an absorbent inner layer. The better bedwetter pants only attach the absorbent layer at the waist, so when washing and drying the inner layer can freely twist and move, so it gets well cleaned.

I have worn soft vinyl pants all my life, due to my bladder being tiny and over-active. Until I left home for university the only diapers I used were pinned Curity 21x40" flat gauze, so for me I was used to the heat in my diapers. For university I had to start wearing Attends (it was 1981) so After I taped on an Attends, if I needed to wear vinyl pants, I would first cover my disposable with an ordinary pair of cotton knit briefs.

The purpose of the cloth layer is to soak up your sweat as well as minor leaks from the disposable.

The huge advantage over waterproof pants with a built-in absorbent layer is that for washing, the cloth and plastic parts are separate. I wash the cotton briefs along with ordinary white clothing. I hand wash the vinyl panties in luke warm water with a hint of mild liquid dish washing detergent. While I dry my cotton panties in a hot dryer, I let my vinyl pants air dry away from sunlight at warmish room temperature.

When you try letting a combo panties air dry, the cloth never totally gets dried unless they can hang for several days. Diaper detergent is too harsh for soft vinyl and liquid dish washing detergent will not get the cloth part clean enough.

My suggestion is to order vinyl pants to be worn over disposables a size larger than normal for you, I prefer Kins/Babykins mostly because we have done business together since 1989. I just go to a store like Target to buy my knit cotton ladies briefs, but for this purpose men's cotton briefs work as well.

Thick and Dry, Good luck and best wishes

Up until the middle 1980's rubber pantiew were put on about 90% of the babies wearing panpers and luvs. Comco is a good one as it is full cut A.C. medical makes "regular waiste" Susan and Christy that will do.

I like babykins too. I have quite a few pairs of the 10300v http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-plastic-pants/kins-vinyl-pull-on-adult-plastic-pants/, they are lightweight ,cool in the summer and cut very roomy for cloth and still only ten dollars.Yay ! Some are over ten years old. Ive recently tried the vinyl encased elastics they have http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-plastic-pants/kins-encased-elastic-adult-diaper-cover/ and like these too.($15) although the legs seem a Lil tight.

Like Angela said , wash them in a mild detergent and hang them out to dry. Never use any petroleum products on them and they will last for years.