US Election 2012  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Babies for Barack
    • Rugrats for Romney
    • In Diapers and Independant
    • Other
    • I don't vote

let the coal and oil industries die, that's true fair trade!! It's high time something new sprung up in it's place ie ; hydrogen fuel cells, solar and wind power, and corn oil!!! Republicans are all pawns of these companies and the banks. Democrats really aren't any better in that aspect, except they are for EQUALITY! For god sakes! Companies rise and fall just like nations. If Oil doesn't fall first, America will.

let the coal and oil industries die, that's true fair trade!! It's high time something new sprung up in it's place ie ; hydrogen fuel cells, solar and wind power, and corn oil!!! Republicans are all pawns of these companies and the banks. Democrats really aren't any better in that aspect, except they are for EQUALITY! For god sakes! Companies rise and fall just like nations. If Oil doesn't fall first, America will.

I hope your electricity is provided by a coal or oil fired power plant so we will not have to listen to your clear lack of knowledge of how the infrastructure work.

No coal = no electricity.

No electricity = no computers and no internet = you can not post on this forum.

No oil = no gas.

No gas = no cars to drive and no trucking to deliver goods.

No trucking = no food being delivered to the supermarkets.

No food in the supermarkets = civil unrest.

Civil unrest = people die.

If this is what you want, than VOTE FOR OBAMA !

Until the government replaces coal and oil with a viable alternative, it is not a good idea to cut them off without their replacement energy sources already in place.

Obama is cutting off the current energy sources with no replacement sources in place !

Guest diaperboykcmo

WOW! Sheri, you don't even know your democrat talking points very good!

I see you have a real hate on for Republicans lol..

Once again BHO had 2 years to pass whatever he wanted. Guess he really didn't care about the LGBT after all!

No he'll tell you what you wanna here, and you'll think oh he cares! Yeah right, just so he can get your vote!

To pay for Obamacare, he raided Medicare 719 Billion.. You say he cares more then the Republicans!

Now I laugh at your ignorant support of the Party that cares. LOL

Oh yeah BHO also wants to fine those that can't afford insurance. You know the por, young, and people that can't afford it!

He really cares alright.

Tell something better comes along, we need oil!

If you're so opposed to it, and you wish this and that. Quit driving, and ride a bike!

You probably blame the Republicans when your car breaks down. LOL

• Like 2

Time out for Fact check.

We actually get most of our oil from Mexico and Canada. It is called oil shale and tar sands and is the reason Canada has such a high emission of atmospheric contaminates. I do not think OPEC is all that important, though people will want to make it seem that way to serve their own interests.

Obama's policies have probably not done much to change oil prices either way. If you remember, gas prices always go up in the summer and that is because of higher demand due in part to more summer travel. That's econ 101.

Oil is not our primary fuel source. That is coal.

The newly discovered oil from shale and tar sands is enough to meet the demand for many years to come. 5-10 years is a great underestimate.

If you let the coal and oil industries die, there will be no more steel and plastic production. In actuality, the oil companies make most of their profits with oil from plastics. It looks like they are going to go the natural gas route, so I would imagine oil for energy use will go down in the future. Since you mentioned hydrogen fuel cells, where does hydrogen come from? Well, it comes from the fuel reformation of methane, which is natural gas.

Solar cells have potential, but it requires more research. Single crystalline silicon solar cells are too costly and inefficient. CIGS and CdTe solar cells are promising and commercially available, but still fairly expensive. Dye-sensitized solar cells can be really good if they figure out a way to stabilize the dye or make it work with quantum dots. Organic solar cells are real interesting, but again, stability is an issue. The advantage of both dye-sensitized solar cells and organic solar cells is they are dirt cheap, especially if they find a replacement for the transparent electrode so they do not have to use indium tin-doped oxide.

Corn oil is really bad because it disrupts food supply and is a costly way to get fuel. What is necessary for that to work is development of the proper enzyme to break down cellulose, so the corn stalk or switch grass can be used rather then the food itself. Still, many of the farmers like to use the corn stalks for feeding live stock, so still not too useful I think.

• Like 1

WOW! Sheri, you don't even know your democrat talking points very good!

I see you have a real hate on for Republicans lol..

Once again BHO had 2 years to pass whatever he wanted. Guess he really didn't care about the LGBT after all!

No he'll tell you what you wanna here, and you'll think oh he cares! Yeah right, just so he can get your vote!

To pay for Obamacare, he raided Medicare 719 Billion.. You say he cares more then the Republicans!

Now I laugh at your ignorant support of the Party that cares. LOL

Oh yeah BHO also wants to fine those that can't afford insurance. You know the por, young, and people that can't afford it!

He really cares alright.

Tell something better comes along, we need oil!

If you're so opposed to it, and you wish this and that. Quit driving, and ride a bike!

You probably blame the Republicans when your car breaks down. LOL

I don't drive........ where the hell are you getting this awful facts fox news?

Time out for Fact check.

We actually get most of our oil from Mexico and Canada. It is called oil shale and tar sands and is the reason Canada has such a high emission of atmospheric contaminates. I do not think OPEC is all that important, though people will want to make it seem that way to serve their own interests.

Obama's policies have probably not done much to change oil prices either way. If you remember, gas prices always go up in the summer and that is because of higher demand due in part to more summer travel. That's econ 101.

Oil is not our primary fuel source. That is coal.

The newly discovered oil from shale and tar sands is enough to meet the demand for many years to come. 5-10 years is a great underestimate.

If you let the coal and oil industries die, there will be no more steel and plastic production. In actuality, the oil companies make most of their profits with oil from plastics. It looks like they are going to go the natural gas route, so I would imagine oil for energy use will go down in the future. Since you mentioned hydrogen fuel cells, where does hydrogen come from? Well, it comes from the fuel reformation of methane, which is natural gas.

Solar cells have potential, but it requires more research. Single crystalline silicon solar cells are too costly and inefficient. CIGS and CdTe solar cells are promising and commercially available, but still fairly expensive. Dye-sensitized solar cells can be really good if they figure out a way to stabilize the dye or make it work with quantum dots. Organic solar cells are real interesting, but again, stability is an issue. The advantage of both dye-sensitized solar cells and organic solar cells is they are dirt cheap, especially if they find a replacement for the transparent electrode so they do not have to use indium tin-doped oxide.

Corn oil is really bad because it disrupts food supply and is a costly way to get fuel. What is necessary for that to work is development of the proper enzyme to break down cellulose, so the corn stalk or switch grass can be used rather then the food itself. Still, many of the farmers like to use the corn stalks for feeding live stock, so still not too useful I think.

your right oil still needs to exist for other purposes and coal as well. however, My point is still valid. As neither needs to be used for fuel and energy production. Both can be switched out for stuff that is Eco-friendly and renewable. Ohh but wait there less profit in that...... thats where the evil that is republicans some in..

BTW Oil fracking is horrible. How would you like for some company to start poisoning your water supply????

also hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, and can be extracted from simile sources like water and air. IT DOESN'T COME FROM METHANE. It just happens to be a byproduct. Yes this means with money going to research and development instead of corporate pockets, your car will be able to run on air.

Guest diaperboykcmo

The awful facts you speak of is reality..

The Democrats had control of the house and Senate his first 2 years, so he could've passed whatever he wanted..

Obamacare is where I got the penalty . Raiding medicare, looked it up.

That's where I got my facts.

You can't blame nasty old Fox News, or those rascally Republicans!

Renewable Energy should be a priority regardless of party. However, penalizing the fossil fuel industry shouldn't be a priority, which the Obama Administration has done.

The Industrial Revolution needed a fuel source that was cheap and relatively abundant source of energy with a limited requirement of research and development.

During the early development of the automobile, electricity, diesel, and gasoline engines were all vying for control of the automobile industry. Henry Ford eventually chose gasoline, which was then still on the uptick. Once gasoline took hold, it became very difficult to unseat it.

Do I believe there should be renewable energy development? of course, but not at the expense of making our energy bills go up. Obama's regulations have caused 9 Gigawatts of energy production to be lost in 2012 alone, as dozens of coal-fired plants have shut down, yes these were high-polluting, but still if this is allowed to continue, the country does risk an energy shortage.

Hydrogen may be the most abundant element, but what does that mean for energy? It means it's a readily available resource. There is still billions of dollars in research and development, and easily trillions of dollars needed to invest in turning the tide from a gas-centric society to a hydrogen-centric city. I would love to see the entire country turn to renewable resources for energy.

I will continue to laugh at your ignorant support of hate mongers. Btw oil needs to be done away with, as our primary fuel source. Off shore drilling only means 5-10 years of stable fuel (which isn't enough to met the demand) Its the ignorance that republicans have. They refuse to switch to alternate means of energy, because they are all owned by Exxon and what not. Oil is only high right now because the fuel companies want us to think its Obama's fault. Don't get me started on how republicans want to remove the separation of church and state. Also they want to remove any employment protections, and medicare. Who the f*** things that's a good idea? If they do I hope they get cancer and get robbed of every dime they have, even their house, but the unfair medical system the republicans want, just so they can live another day. Then they'll know why we need medicare

What the hell are youi on to make statements like that?

• Like 1

also hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, and can be extracted from simile sources like water and air. IT DOESN'T COME FROM METHANE. It just happens to be a byproduct. Yes this means with money going to research and development instead of corporate pockets, your car will be able to run on air.

It is not a byproduct, it is a fuel reforming process. What that means is you use a catalysis to oxidize the carbon to carbon dioxide to get hydrogen, exactly like a catalytic converter. That is how hydrogen production is accomplished commercially and yes, there is carbon dioxide emissions from it. The bonus though is fuel cells are much more efficient as they are not limited by the Carnot cycle efficiency. The only way you can get hydrogen from water is if you reduce hydrogen some how, and that requires quite a bit of energy if you chose electrolysis, so you don't actually get anything from it as it is very low yield. The only way you can make that work is if you use a photo-catalysis to produce solvated electrons which reduce hydrogen, carbon, or even nitrogen. Yes, it will require research, but I have no idea what you are talking about when you say your car will be able to run off of air. To a large degree, that is not really true as 99% of air is oxygen and nitrogen. The future of fuel cells may be power plants, but it will probably be limited to smaller household power plants since they can run off of the gas line. In any case, it is dependent on solar energy to be successful to the point of no carbon dioxide emissions, so for most cases, you would better off directly converting the sun light into electricity. To that end, hydrogen fuel cells are an unpopular research topic. The problem is they require costly rare earth metals in their design, and they are not in real high demand. Their last chance is solid oxide fuel cells, which require preheating to a high temperature before activating. If that can be fixed, then good.

Hydrogen may be the most abundant element, but what does that mean for energy? It means it's a readily available resource. There is still billions of dollars in research and development, and easily trillions of dollars needed to invest in turning the tide from a gas-centric society to a hydrogen-centric city. I would love to see the entire country turn to renewable resources for energy.

That would be nice, except hydrogen is difficult to work with. I would rather carry around a lithium ion battery then a tank of hydrogen. Lithium ion batteries have so much more potential in energy storage. Plus, they will help with the intermittency of solar power.

Lol princes Shari since you don't drive means that you either can't afford to drive? Wow what a horrible point of view. If the cost of energy goes up a lot of people are going to feel the expense. I will give your point about ethanol. Solar doesn't work except maybe during periods where high sunlight will hit the cells. Does solyndra ring a bell?

I love the fact that you call me ignorant for not agreeing with your communist ideas. At least forbidden fruit comes up with reasonable arguments.

And whoever brought up the EPA that is so true. They are the sole reason the transportation industry is going bankrupt. The low sodium diesel regulations is pure crap. It's doing more harm than good. My piss is more contaminated than high sulfur diesel. High maintenance costs are reflected when you pay more for groceries.

As it stands right now the election is at a tie. If Obama gets back I'm we will continue to see more unemployment higher costs for everything. And maybe they'll tax the air we breathe. I got my plans ready. And I'm anxious for the outcome.

your right oil still needs to exist for other purposes and coal as well. however, My point is still valid. As neither needs to be used for fuel and energy production. Both can be switched out for stuff that is Eco-friendly and renewable. Ohh but wait there less profit in that...... thats where the evil that is republicans some in..

BTW Oil fracking is horrible. How would you like for some company to start poisoning your water supply????

I will buy some clean water with the money they'll pay.

If princes Shari has her way our plastic backed diapers will be taken away by the government. Booooooo we don't want cloth!!!! :-P

Solar doesn't work except maybe during periods where high sunlight will hit the cells. Does solyndra ring a bell?

That is because they have been using the wrong materials. Silicon is actually not a great material for solar cells. It is going to change though. The price per watt for solar energy is quickly gaining on coal, but it still has a way to go.

Gotta be Barack, no matter what his failures, Romney is assured to fail just as badly, and/or worse, due to the fact that Obama's failures are generally with regard to failing to cut or end Bush era policies. Policies Romney wants to enshrine.

And worse, he wants to take them further by cutting taxes on the wealthy further and starting new and worse wars in the Middle East.

I can't see why anybody not making over six figures would vote for that man.

Guest diaperboykcmo

OMG Blame BUSH!!

Has BHO been in there for 4 years! When does he get held accountable!

The Bush tax cuts were cross the board!

BHO said if the Bush tax cuts expire, a average Family's taxes would go up $3,000

The so called wealthy are small business.

We don't wanna raise taxes on small business, or they'll go out of business, or they can't hire people.

There's consequences to your class warfare!!

If I'm joe's tool shop, my taxes get raised, I may have to lay people off.. Regardless, my tax increase will be passed down to the consumer!

So when all these caring Democrats come up with their pie in the sky ideas, that sound so good. People blush, and say awww they care!

Remember that, when you're paying more for whatever you may buy!

OMG Blame BUSH!!

Has BHO been in there for 4 years! When does he get held accountable!

The Bush tax cuts were cross the board!

BHO said if the Bush tax cuts expire, a average Family's taxes would go up $3,000

The so called wealthy are small business.

We don't wanna raise taxes on small business, or they'll go out of business, or they can't hire people.

There's consequences to your class warfare!!

If I'm joe's tool shop, my taxes get raised, I may have to lay people off.. Regardless, my tax increase will be passed down to the consumer!

So when all these caring Democrats come up with their pie in the sky ideas, that sound so good. People blush, and say awww they care!

Remember that, when you're paying more for whatever you may buy!

O M G, this guy is funny!!

That is because they have been using the wrong materials. Silicon is actually not a great material for solar cells. It is going to change though. The price per watt for solar energy is quickly gaining on coal, but it still has a way to go.

now I see why I've replaced the panels twice on my system. I have a cheap system though.

diaperedjason.. Be be is Crazier then i'm a nut job!! Now that's funny!!

Fact check!

Jason said it so it must be TRUE! LOL

Oh, calm down. I am only making fun of you for using so many exclamation marks and omg's. Can't you take a joke, I started that post the same way you did.

Also, you are bringing forward nothing. All you have is rhetoric, so you over compensate by insulting the poster of someone with a differing opinion from you. You do not need to respond with exclamation marks, capital letters, and omg's. You come off as a very angry individual, with posts that are unnecessary in this forum. Tone it down.

Coal and oil cannot be used for industry without there being pollutants. The coal power industry has helped in efforts to make their power plants as clean as possible.

Yes, Hydrogen is dangerous, it's the main cause of the Hindenburg disaster that led to the downfall of the passenger airship industry, however, if it can be harnessed in such a way, I believe hydrogen power can be a good resource.

Guest diaperboykcmo

You tone it down Jason.. You come across as a ASS!! Didn't say you were, just said that's how you come across.

You just lied about me, accusing me of all these things, and not one of them is true!

I bring the truth to my argument, look it up!

I understand, you wanna call me names, and think somehow your cute!

I guess if I couldn't argue the truth, maybe I'd do the same!!

Jason ,I don' think I'll let you set forth the rules! No one died and made you king!

no, but the site owner made me the enforcer.

Direct attacks and insults will not be tolerated.

Flame wars will not be tolerated.

please ONLY answer the poll, no heated debates.

The next step is handing out warnings to everybody who violates these rules.

Coal and oil cannot be used for industry without there being pollutants. The coal power industry has helped in efforts to make their power plants as clean as possible.

Yes, Hydrogen is dangerous, it's the main cause of the Hindenburg disaster that led to the downfall of the passenger airship industry, however, if it can be harnessed in such a way, I believe hydrogen power can be a good resource.

This is true and carbon sequestration will probably never be a reality since it is not economical, but coal will never be clean. Mining alone causes great damage, and burning it causes even more damage. I would prefer not to use it as a fuel source, but limit it to steel production, though this may affect steel prices despite coal for steel being far different from coal for energy. Natural gas is far better than coal for energy. Even if you think fracking is the worst thing in the world, natural gas is far better than coal. Most people complain about the corrosion inhibitors getting into the ground water during fracking, but coal mining pollutes ground water too. It is called acid mine drainage and it seems to be something that no one talks about since they are transfixed on the fracking. Both problems can be dealt with if proper procedures were actually used and so many corners weren't cut. This really comes down to efficiency and how clean it is when burned. Natural gas wins by a huge margin there. Being a more efficient source of energy than coal, less natural gas is used to generate the same amount of energy, and being far cleaner than coal, pollution is much less. It would actually lessen carbon emissions as well.

Hydrogen has another problem, and that is volume. Being a gas, it tends to take up quite a bit of space and have a large thermal expansion coefficient. That is why I said its future is to run off of methane lines, because then you would not have to worry about storing hydrogen in a container.

I think batteries are the best way to go for powering vehicles and the industry has already chosen that. With a little more development, they will probably take over.