LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Want To Do Ballet

Paxaman

(Sorry mods if this in the wrong place lol.)

Well right now I do karate but for a long time I have wanted to do ballet. The reason I held off was cause I am scared that people will judge me cause I am a a guy. :/

But now I'm at a point in my life that I don't care any more lol. I know that I am a great person and I was thinking that ballet could accompany my karate well. Do you have any advice for me as a guy who is going to start ballet (probably on Wednesday.)

Guys do ballet! It's not my thing by any means, and I don't even watch it, but there was a news spot on a few weeks about grade school boys doing ballet. Sure, they got teased by friends but they all enjoyed theballet and the training. Builds up muscles and coordination. It wasn't just a few boys, either! There were 20 or so of all ages. Think about any fine arts or acting. It would be pretty dull and wierd if there were only women or only men as dancers or actors! I say if it's what you want to do, go for it! Might even be a good way to meet some nice women, too, if that's one of your goals. I might suggest not wearing diapers to class, though! I've seen some of those people and their tights are pretty revieling!

First of all, ballet is considered a sport. It is a very healthy activity and an excellent form of exercise. Second of all, if you feel self-conscious about taking classes, why not get some books from the library on ballet poses and teach yourself in private? Good luck, and don't give up on doing something you'd really like to do.

Since this is a week late, youve probably already done it. But, If it's ballet you really want to do, then go for it! However, if it's dancing in general that you want to do, there are just as many opportunities there. I did projections design for a dance piece and there where just as many guys as there where women. In fact, the piece as a whole wouldn't have made sense without the men there.

It takes a LOT of discipline though!

• 1 year later...

Most dance requires a L*O*T of both discipline and practice. If you wish to pursue ballet, go for it, BUT understand it's going to be a hell of a lot of work! so you have to be prepared for that. Regardless if you want to do it as a performance art and audition etc or just for exercise, you have to practice and more then likely it will kick your butt. I had to take some movement classes while in school and most of that was based on ballet and dance...and yes i went home sore, even after a year or so :blush:

So you might think and remember, if you pursue this, do so with an open mind, respect and discipline.

OH! and have fun too!

BTW, male ballet dancer wear something called a "dance belt" which is kind of like a padded cup or jock strap...it keeps everything in place and avoids injury, :blush: Just as an FYI ;)

I did ballet through elementary school to high school and then through college and a few years after. If you are starting as an adult, it as a women, it is going to be as an exercise or hobby. A fully matured female will never get en-pointe. (It is to late developmentally, the bones and muscles have already set to much.) However, males do not actually have to get to that point. (A few can, don't get me wrong, but they tend to do the dances on their feet while almost all women are expected to be en-pointe an entire performance.)